Pokemon

ShadowLightMew

Shiny Pokémon hunter and trainer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
I will have to stop you right there, the previous press coferences revealed new games and gen 8 will be at E3 cause Nintendo Treehouse

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I will have to stop you right there, the previous press coferences revealed new games and gen 8 will be at E3 cause Nintendo Treehouse
The previous press conference of this nature revealed Let's Go and Quest, and one before that revealed Pokemon GO. So, ya know, it could be something interesting, but it's not going to be world shattering. It might just be yet another mobile game of some sort. Sword/Shield have already been revealed, and the June 5th Direct is dedicated to them, so the press conference coming tonight isn't going to touch on it. No reason to.

Also: said press conference is being called a "Pokemon Business Strategy presentation" ... I mean, that doesn't sound like a game reveal thing at all to me, but, who knows, I guess.

And also: No, Pokemon will not have any reveals at E3, because again, they just revealed a Pokemon Direct for June 5th. As usual, Pokemon is handled differently and seperately from all the other Directs and things Nintendo does. They might play it a bit on the Treehouse streams, but if they do, it pretty much will show us nothing new that the Direct on the 5th isn't already going to show us. Prepare yourself for June 5th, for 15 minutes of DELICIOUS, but don't expect anything for E3 proper.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
The Pokémon Company:
Got any plans tomorrow? You do now, Trainers!
We’ve got some exciting updates to share, and you know what that means: #PokemonPressConference!
Tune in at 6:00 p.m. PDT on May 28th to follow the updates live.

I never said it was going to be huge or world shattering but they are still trying to have some hype for it. And again, Nintendo Treehouse. I never said reveal, just Nintendo Treehouse. They show stuff already known in those segments and when possible demo gameplay so yeah i'm expecting they will touch on gen 8 cause previous games were mentioned during Nintendo Treehouse and played when possible. They did for Pokémon games in the past. Obviously i am looking forward to the Direct but knowing past experiences, the E3 won't be without anything little related to Pokémon.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Watched it on youtube and we got good announcements, i'm happy with what we got today

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
I don't like the meme(s) much, people are judging new games etc before trying them out.

Lurk

Feb 17, 2018
There's going to be so many Sifs when Sword and Shield release.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Sorry for double reply but i'm gonna name my Zacian Repede so no Sif here

Lurk

Feb 17, 2018
So many complaints about Dynamaxing, when we don't even know all that much about it.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
We know it works for 3 turns max in trainer battles and that it can only be used once per battle. As for the Max Raid Battles, the wild Pokémon stays in that form until captured and the trainers teaming up together can only have one Dynamax Pokémon active.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Outside of those, they will be in online battles too with the same rules pretty much. Other than that, yeah that's all we know but we know enough to wanna see more

Lurk

Feb 17, 2018
I'm kinda glad they're mixing up the wild pokemon that you can see before engaging them and the traditional tall grass battles.

gatorafan

HOLAS: (tm)
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ship02: Ur
nightarks.enjin.com
So many complaints about Dynamaxing, when we don't even know all that much about it.
I mean, mechanically wise it sounds great. It unlocks different moves for Pokemons and battling against this souped up versions of regular Pokes sounds like a lot of fun, at first glance it looks like a genuine evolution (lolololololol) of both the Mega and Totem systems of previous gens. But design wise they feel kinda lazy since they... just get bigger... The wow factor disappears pretty fast and they seem to be key on Gym Battles so people will be seeing it a lot during the game's course (it's probably going to happen during plot important battles as well).

That said, I liked most of what I saw, especially that new theme since it obviously means gives me the hope that during a big important battle the vocals are going to kick in and that's just one of my favorite musical tropes EVER.

Lurk

Feb 17, 2018
I mean, mechanically wise it sounds great. It unlocks different moves for Pokemons and battling against this souped up versions of regular Pokes sounds like a lot of fun, at first glance it looks like a genuine evolution (lolololololol) of both the Mega and Totem systems of previous gens. But design wise they feel kinda lazy since they... just get bigger... The wow factor disappears pretty fast and they seem to be key on Gym Battles so people will be seeing it a lot during the game's course (it's probably going to happen during plot important battles as well).

That said, I liked most of what I saw, especially that new theme since it obviously means gives me the hope that during a big important battle the vocals are going to kick in and that's just one of my favorite musical tropes EVER.
I do think some of the Dynamax moves look rather neat. I just hope it ends up better than Z-Moves.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Can't wait to play and yes people can't complain cause we have roaming wild Pokémon and random encounters. Can't wait to do Dynamax battles etc

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
I take it with loads of salt, we have seen leaks before that had things correct but also stuff incorrect so

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sword & Shield are the sickest dang things ever.

Also this is reply #666, yay.

gatorafan

HOLAS: (tm)
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ship02: Ur
nightarks.enjin.com
Note that what little we've seen in the Direct and Treehouse gives even more credibility to the leak. I'll spoil exactly what for those who don't want to know.

It's the Water Gym leader's name

If this is true then I'm pretty happy about it because the things the leak mention address one of my complaints I posted a little while ago.

That said not everything is good news, since it was revealed that you won't be able to transfer Pokémon with the new service Pokémon Home if they are not present on the Galar Regional Dex. Now this doesn't sound that bad but you have to take into account that Home is replacing Bank, and as a consequence of that you are not going to be able to bring mons from Bank to Sword and Shield. This brings a number of negative scenarios for longtime fans of the franchise.

1) That one bro or sis (or shiny) you had with you since previous gens won't be able to join you.
2) Living dexs might become impossible since some legendaries were really hard to get and might be outright impossible to get on this games.
3) If a Pokémon of your liking is NOT in the Galar Dex, Then I'm afraid to tell you its entire line has been pretty much removed from the multiplayer (let alone competitive) circuit.

Now this sounds like an issue that will be progressively fixed as time goes (maybe space some old gen mons on new regions or add them via DLC/Update) but as of right now, it kinda stinks.

I blame Pokemons having game changing battle gimmicks for the last 2 gens for this.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Seriously, don't people understand work in progress anymore?! We will transfer all Pokémon eventually, Masuda said they are working on it!

Kittens

Feb 5, 2018
Seriously, don't people understand work in progress anymore?! We will transfer all Pokémon eventually, Masuda said they are working on it!
Actually, his most recent interview said there are currently no plans.

I was hoping this would be my first legit Pokémon game on launch but unless they get added in patches, and they SHOULD, I'm just going to save up for ACNH or Luigi's Mansion 3. Thankfully this seems to be the nail that broke the camel's back for the fandom who's usually too accepting of GF's constant feature removal - if the Switch can fit The Witcher 3, it can fit their plan of a thousand unique or non-unique pokémon.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
It's not permanent! They said currently no plans, key word being currently. Once Home launches next year, they can start working on it. Home does support the National Dex so. I don't mind starting with the Galar Dex, it's not like we haven't seen a smaller Dex before until transfers were possible

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
The community has been overreacting big time, causing a panic and hate on games that aren't even out yet

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
They're solidifying their place as the new worst fandom on the internet. Just ignore it and stay excited. Wooloo believes in you.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Can't wait for the Wooloo plushies to come, i need one. The very first Sword & Shield merch are gonna be so nice from Pokémon Center, i just know it