Pokemon

ShadowLightMew

Shiny Pokémon hunter and trainer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Pokémon Quest isn't Mystery Dungeon at all but there is a plot. It's an all new game that got announced together with Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
How is that new? I recognize several from years ago when stuff was shown before the games released. Beta stuff even surfaced after the release. They are better quality now but other than that, same old scrapped designs. I'm looking forward to E3 since we might get more details about our Yellow remake

Lurk

Feb 17, 2018
This stuff is from the Beta version of Gold specifically (possibly the '97 Spaceworld demo)

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
It's an old demo/beta version of the game. It's actually playable via ROM if you want to, though I can't say for sure if it's worth it.

Some info here
And also a spreadsheet file that compiles everything that Cutting Room Floor has found so far

It's actually rather interesting. Many Pokemon looked pretty different before the final games, there's also lots of scrapped evolutions and baby forms. I'm particularly upset by the scrapping of a Farfetch'd evolution.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Yeah but again they were shown before Gold & Silver released and surfaced after the release too so they aren't new new. If you search online for old beta leaks then you will see what i mean. They are even in youtube videos with top 10 lists of scrapped and unreleased Pokémon. It's not new new news since we already knew of their existence

Lurk

Feb 17, 2018
Some of them were known about previously, but this particular demo build’s leak is rather new.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Playing the demo is new in the sense of making it playable but most of the Pokémon were known. Anyway, i am looking forward to more news on our Yellow remake this month or whenever they decide to release more details

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
It has been a while since the Pokémon anime has gone into 3 years worth for a peculiar game, but I'm sure they'll be upping the level of Trial Battles soon enough. Though I am curious if the Let's Go will be allowing the Vs Battle amongst players, even from a distance, as well as turning the game into portable Pokémon Centers if the Switch is brought along. Maybe even the chance for DLC upgrades in which you can visit other older regions of Gen 2 to 4 that the Pokémon GO has released already as time goes by.

Lurk

Feb 17, 2018
Of the Spaceworld demo leaked ones, the Proto-Suicine one is becoming my favorite.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
The anime does focus on the Grand Trials, in fact we had a Grand Trial episode yesterday from Japan so don't judge too quickly. They already confirmed on Wednesday that our Pokémon Yellow remake has Wi-Fi battles etc. They just haven't revealed yet what it will be but it will be different than Festival Plaza etc. The games have local co-op (not yet confirmed if it can be done online too). The game will be the same as on the TV but then with touch screen etc when on the go. I don't need more regions in the game since i rather see multi regions in a next gen setting like gen 8 which is coming in 2019 but even then i can live with 1 huge region to explore. DLC won't be needed for more gens cause games like Black & White had the other gens appearing post game so no, no DLC for larger Pokédex

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
E3 gave us lots of info. Mew is inside the Poké Ball Plus at launch and we got gameplay

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
I hope on monthly Pokémon Let's Go news since we had 3 trailers in July so far

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'm just curious if that new pokemon with a nut for a face will be in the switch game as well.
You might have to transfer it from GO into Let's Go, but otherwise, it should be. Not sure about the Gen 8 games coming in 2019, though. Some aren't even sure if this little guy is considered a Gen 7 or not (I don't see why he would be, honestly).

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
No, Meltan is a Mythical Pokémon you receive in Pokémon Let's Go and then you can send it as a gift to GO. Also i played the Pokémon Let's Go demo this month, the Poké Ball Plus is awesome

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
No, Meltan is a Mythical Pokémon you receive in Pokémon Let's Go and then you can send it as a gift to GO. Also i played the Pokémon Let's Go demo this month, the Poké Ball Plus is awesome
Yeah, I'm well aware of how Meltan works now, they announced it some time after my last post.

And that's great! I'm eager to get a hold of it when it comes out. All the Eevee interaction gifs are killing me inside and I need my precious fuzzball right now.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
I know the feeling, others tried out the interacting in the demo (we had the up to date demo with the menu being available along with Floaty Fall and Sizzly Slide being available in the movesets). I didn't do the interaction since i wanna do that with my own games. Using Sizzly Slide was fun though but i'm still going with Bouncy Bubble if partner Eevee can only have 1 of the special moves.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Yeah we have an awesome gen 8 ambassador on our hands :) I hope the candy gathering will be smooth

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Yeah we have an awesome gen 8 ambassador on our hands :) I hope the candy gathering will be smooth
Datamined ID evidence seems to guess it's a Gen 7 Mythical, actually, which feels kinda pointless, but yeah.

Candy gathering is going to be a problem without owning Let's Go, though, so 400 candies is fairly ridiculous.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Gen 8 has not been released yet and obviously they do not have gen 8 Pokédex numbers because they want to keep it all hush hush til next year. Meltan and Melmetal are gen 8, they always have shown next gen Pokémon in the games and anime + the Pokémon Company themselves confirmed that Zeraora is the final aka last gen 7 Pokémon

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
They officially have a streetdate breaker in the USA, someone bought Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu already

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
They also put out a Detective Pikachu trailer as well...kinda reminded me of a pokemon fan-film 8 years ago. Only with a lot more pokemon variety. I'm hoping the lighting will improve somewhat so I can see what is what.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
I prefer the game, the Pokémon look ugly (Charizard, Psyduck, Bulbasaur, Mr. Mime and Jigglypuff don't look good to me). I am not a fan of the movie. The 3DS game is good and i rather replay it than watch the movie next summer

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I love the trailer so much. I never got around to getting the game (money troubles), but I probably should at some point.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
To each their own, i like the game more. The streetdate breaking should stop though globally, it's not fair to the waiting fans and the stores to already start selling the games. They have been datamined and i have not watched any of it, i only watched the conference and all official Let's Go trailers since i prefer official spoilers than that people just post the entire game before it is supposed to be released. It's annoying, they punished us before for streetdate breakers.

Lurk

Feb 17, 2018
Though Mr Mime could look much worse. I thought bulbasaur and charizard looked fine for live action. I’m warming up to jigglypuff (love that they kept the grumpy face). I think the style is a nice compromise. Game accurate with live action would look jarring and possibly cheap. Too much in the realism area would also be jarring, but in a different way.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
I still don't like what is known of the movie, except for Pikachu, the other Pokémon look horrible to me. I prefer the CGI from the GO commercials then. Anyway i am trying to get my hands on proof of streetdate breaking here so i can show it at Game Mania. People avoided showing their receipts this year so far in their posts and videos showing that they have the games already

Lurk

Feb 17, 2018
Granted the Pokémon Go cg wouldn’t work with a live action setting. I kind of like how the movie is about an average dude trying to live in a world of Pokémon instead of another trainer story.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
I hope the movie will be a success cause otherwise it won't be good or flattering for the 3DS game of Detective Pikachu