Pokemon

Necroceine

One Fiery Birdie
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Connecticut, USA
(okay but seriously though Chikorita's adorable - grass starters are almost always my favs. Tbh the only line I wasn't that fond of was Turtwig's line)
Funny, Turtwig is when I really started liking grass starters, but also grass types in general so maybe that has something to do with it. Torterra is my favorite starter evolution of that gen, because it's a turtle with an entire ecosystem on its back. It would be really cool to ride one sitting in the shade under its tree.

Also I pretty much went through G/S with my solo Cyndaquil that got so overleveled Whitney was never a problem for me and I didn't understand why people had trouble until HG/SS when I had a more balanced team. Funny how that works.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I wouldn't mind if they broke from tradition and went with completely different starter Pokemon. Just to shake things up, you know? I doubt they will, too many fans would rage I expect.

I might actually try Pokemon Bank for Sun and Moon, since I have some Alpha Sapphire pokemon that I'd like to use. I don't want to go through the pain of re-capturing some of them.

going off topic from Sun and moon but dose anyone play the pokemon Tcg?
My knowledge of the TCG is severely out of date. I mostly played it on Gameboy Color.
Yeah, this is my main experience with the Pokemon TCG. The first game on GBC. It had a really good chiptune track on it, though I can't recall exactly how it went >_<

I never had anyone to play with IRL. Plus the cards got banned at my school anyway, I think.

Whitetail

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Feb 3, 2016
soundcloud.com
It kind of was though. Pokemon was very ahead of its time with what they had to work with.
A friendly recently pointed out how well designed Viridian forest was and I never thought of it like that

Okay so like... you can catch Caterpie before then easily and almost all pokemon you fight are first stage evolution pokemon
If you catch a caterpie before viridian forest it's likely it will have evolved into a metapod by then because bug pokemon evolve so quickly
You fight a ton of people in viridian forest with metapods and kakunas that only know harden but you realize "wait, my metapod knows tackle and stringshot since it knew them as a caterpie"
So it works as a tutorial on how evolution works and how you can teach pokemon moves they don't normally know by evolving them, showing that a pokemon you raised yourself before then is stronger than the wild pokemon you find along the way

Reactions: Stars

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016

If this city is in the game, I want to own it the first day it comes out, no matter what it may cost. Quite frankly, the trailer gave me goosebumps just thinking about such a awesome town.

Reactions: Whitetail

ShadowLightMew

Shiny Pokémon hunter and trainer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
That city is indeed awesome but i preordered Sun and Moon after the direct so i won't miss out. It would be nice if we could explore locations from in the Pokémon movies. Especially Alto Mare since i love Venice but we will see what they have in store for us.

Necroceine

One Fiery Birdie
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Connecticut, USA
I'm not usually a preordering kinda guy, but Pokemon is usually an exception because I know more or less what to expect. I only ever get one version so I'll at least wait to know which has the most exclusives I like. If only they still made those little version mascot figurines as preorder bonuses, those were pretty great.

Black/White was a tough choice because I really liked both Lilligant and Whimsicott. In the end I chose Lilligant.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
So CoroCoro has something for us next month, anything would make me happy really. I just want something official to keep myself busy with for a while. I like seeing fakemon, fan works etc but how about a little teaser hmmmm?

Reactions: Whitetail

Metafogos

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 21, 2016
Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Legendary Birds

For those of you in the US, it has been confirmed that the Legendary Birds of Articuno, Zapdos & Moltres are to be given with their Hidden Abilities of Snow Cloak, Static and Flame Body will be distributed through the Pokémon Trainer Club Newsletter during May. This is the only way to get these birds.You need to sign up for it on the official site by April 22nd to receive the newsletter

Metafogos

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 21, 2016
When you say newsletter, you mean it's mailed to us, right? If anything, I prefer a digital copy of it.

Also, apparently there's a petition to have Danny DeVito be Pikachu's voice in that detective game. If you're interested, either spread the word or sign up for it here: Nintendo, Nintendo of America: Get Danny DeVito to voice the English version of Detective Pikachu
Nope... will be e-mailled to us. I already get this month mail who said about the birds e-mail in the next month :D

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
The real question is how to pace the anime so Ash not only gets the 8th badge, but reunites Squishie aka Zygarde with his other half, defeats Scarf Boy Alain, have a brief reunion with Iris, and finally get into the League Tournament only to lose near the end. Oh yeah, and apparently the new Legendary is Steel/Fairy....so she's 4 times likely to be weak against fire despite her companion hanging around?

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
The newsletter event is also for Europe and indeed the anime isn't done yet. Also back after being gone for a while.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
(nods) I know it's not done, but what I'm saying is normally new Pokémon versions like Moon and Sun would come out in November or so. As well as the new anime that would replace the previous one.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Well they did say holiday 2016 so the games are planned for December or late November so i think they will make it. Especially now that we are done with Serena's Kalos Queen competition. We will see the final badge happen after or before the whole Zygarde story and then it's on to the league.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Remember this?
Well, it seems that apparently, three of the top American filming companies are going on into a bidding war for the executive rights of Pokémon, seeing the founders have permitted it. The real question is, will the winner be wise in a proper plot and not go overboard, keeping to the rules of Pokémon, or will it turn into a all-out bloody brawl of chaos and mayhem? You can determine for yourselves here: Sony, Warner Bros., Legendary Pictures battle for Pokémon movie rights - Bulbanews

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
How about no to all 3 of them! If this is true then i rather see it go to any of the good Japanese studios than the american ones. Pokémon's roots lie in Japan animation etc wise and it should stay that way! CGI Pokémon belong in the games so no to complete CGI with live action movies here. 4Kids is nothing compared to the damage they can do. So yeah i hope this is just a major joke to shock the fandom.

Reactions: V.A.a.M.P.P

Metafogos

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 21, 2016
(I really hate pokemon distributions by code...)

People, someone can grab a Darkray code for me? Please!!! :D

Metafogos

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 21, 2016
A busy month:

- Darkray in the stores,
- the bird trio by e-mail
- Zygard now by internet
- Shiny Xerneas next week
- Shiny Yvtail in the other week

lunadash

Back to the Lab again
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Outside of Rein
2 Darkrai codes, Clam it before there gone

Code 1: ASZ3SRUZD5EURNQM

Code 2: A5Z3SRWAXMZ3Q5D4

Good luck everyone

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
HYPE!!! Sun Moon trailers are awesome and yeah we have a slower date in Europe but it's coming this November! I definitely want all 3 starters but i will have Rowlet in Sun and Litten in Moon. As for Popplio i'll see what i can do to raise one of my own. I just know it will have interesting evolutions and i wanna see the others' evolutions too. Also Alola, if that doesn't scream Hawaii then i don't know.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Yeah i love these 3 too. The last time i liked all 3 starters and had a choice dilemma was with gen 2. I only had Silver back then with the launch and i just couldn't choose. Today i have my own money to count on so it won't be a dilemma :)

DeathTheGordon

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
Scotland
The starters look cool although I think I'll go for Popplio mostly because I always get the water starter (except in Crystal) and it'll be interesting to see what it evolves into, and I think I'll be getting Moon because I really don't like the look of the Sun Legendary.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I'm actually torn about which version to get. I generally prefer night and dark themes, but on the other hand I can't say I find the design of the Moon legendary to be all that appealing.

As to the starters, I'm almost certainly going to start with the fire cat. I expect it will end up Fire-Dark type.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Oddly enough, I though the legendaries were Dragons given the Sun and Moon castings. Still, I do see the grass flying type as something that has potential given I can now go into a bug-type filled forest and not worry. Though if it's like Hawaii or something similar, I hope the first HM is Surf or we may have trouble getting around.

A88mph

Game Maker and Starship Captain.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
a88mph.itch.io
I always pick the water starter as per personal tradition. I'll have to wait and see the evolution for the starters before I give them proper nicknames, but so far, I'm thinking of calling my Popplio "Bozo" or "Barnum" to fit its apparent circus theme.

DeathTheGordon

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
Scotland
I always pick the water starter as per personal tradition. I'll have to wait and see the evolution for the starters before I give them proper nicknames, but so far, I'm thinking of calling my Popplio "Bozo" or "Barnum" to fit its apparent circus theme.
Maybe it'll evolve into a Narwhal. :)

Metafogos

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 21, 2016
My thoughts about the actual information of the 7th generation:

The Alomomola Alola Region:

Cool, an island region :D And inspired in Hawaii!!! As a person who born in an island city (even if is not Hawaii), i'm still happy!!!

The only point I call attention is about this Isle. A lot of people are thinking THIS is the region. But we can clearly see almost all the island, and some constructions... and we can see this island is very small because the buildings (see the picture).

So, I think this region will really be an archipelago, with a lot of islands. this one is the first one, the "start city". The others can be a lot different, with the others cities and the gyms. And more ecosystems to accommodate all the new pokemons (and types... is hard to find a frost ecosystem to accommodate the Ice pokemons in Hawaii :p )

Another fun part is thinking about how we change to the others islands. Is fun to think about Surf be the first HM :D ... but an excess of water routes can make everyone tired to fight so much Water types...

The Starters:

God! These are a good ones! For the first time I have problem to choose the first one; all are good!

By the way, I'm already decide for one, but can be change... mostly because the 6th generation starters: them they show the first evolutions, I call Fennekin as my starter, because I like foxes and the design of this one are incredible. Chespin is a fine one, but I heavily dislike Froakie design... But this lasts only to the 2nd evolution: Quilladin are ugly, Braixen is ok (besides I dislike the bipedal and the ears...), but Frogadier are another level of F***ness. And, at end, Greninja are my chosen, and I fell sad about Delphox design (the fur in the ears... if then became flames....). So, even if I choose a starter now for the 7th, I can change later...

Rowlet is my chosen one for now! I always like owls, and this one has a very good design. Because the leaf blow-tie and tail, I think this will became more and more "noble", and maybe get a great leaf cape and a monocle (not one really, but a circular mark around one eye) in the final evolution. But still, a rapine avian, with sharp claws. I like this! This will be my chosen.

Litten is a great one too: A fire cat, without any "fire" in the body. But this color call me a "lava" concept, who can be a good one with the archipelago place. And the darker color make me think about this one will be a Fire/Dark pokemon in the last evolution.

The water type one, Popplio, gets my worst initial reaction. I not like the design, but became charmed by his cheerfulness and strong personality. Not enough to make him my chosen, but the necessary to me considerate chosen one from this tree options a hard one. I cannot think about a good second type for hin... and the bubble concept not helps (all bubble attacks in the game are water, so maybe Popplio be a pure Water at end...)

In Anime, in my opinion, Ash will get the Rowlet one; this will resolve both the starter and the obligatory fly in the team. And maybe this is the time to one grass starter shine above de others (yeah, I know... Ash already has a lot of grass starters, and some of became even the last evolution). I really cannot think about who of the others will became the "female protagonist" starter, but there is one thing I can tell: The Litten in the group will be a female, and Meoth will be in love (again, as he does for every female cat pokemon in the anime) :p

The Legendaries

I like the design of both, but this will be easily to me to chosen: I'm always like my sign of the zodiac, so the Sun pokemon are chosen. And, after the weak Pyroar in the last generation, I'm really happy for this powerful-looking lion in my team :D . As a type... Fire... and another other... hard to say...

But the Batmanmoon pokemon are great too! They make him to appear as an skeleton without be an skeleton, and its great. To the type, I call Faerie (as almost all pokemon tied to the moon, and the moon attacks) and maybe Ice as secondary.

Well, both of then are a powerful view; I really don't want find one of then to battle without a proper opponent :p

It is for now!!

Metafogos