Point-and-Click Adventure Games

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
A classic PC genre, one that thrived in the 90s and actually made a bit of a comeback in recent years. I've played a decent number of Point-and-Click games, and I really like them.

The one's I've played include:
Riven: The Sequel to Myst
Myst III: Exile
Violett (a rather obscure indie game on steam)
Zack and Wiki: The Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
Humongous Entertainment's Junior Adventures
The Strong Bad games (By the masters of the genre, Telltale)

Which ones have you guys played?

Reactions: Gamerdude854

The Skullivan

That guy what with the ponies
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Grim Fandango is by far the greatest point and click adventure game I've ever played. A flim noir version of the Aztec belief of the afterlife visualized with a Day of the Dead calaca style aesthetic. Who could ask for more?

Whitetail

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Feb 3, 2016
soundcloud.com
Honestly I was always kinda naxious to try that sort of thing since I never figured I'd like it but I recently played Shadowrun Returns and the Dragonfall expansion and it's honestly a lot of fun. Was kinda frustrating to get used to the lack of keyboard controls at first since it plays a lot like an RTS but the simplicity was easy to get used to.

I guess it's not a total point and click game in the 90s sense since it's also got a turn based combat system but it was super fun working out

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
I've played almost every single Myst game, including Uru (Which doesn't really count as a point and click anymore) and always had a ton of fun with the Monkey Island games.

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, or SBCG4AP for short, is the only point-and-click I've played to completion. Oh! Also Bill Nye the Science Guy: Stop the Rock. It's been so long, I almost forgot that exists. Had to cheat a bit to finish it, but what can I say.

I've also dabbled in Myst (a friend of mine used to be obsessed) and Tell Tale's Back to the Future, but that's about it. I did enjoy the SBF playthroughs of The Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us, but I'm content watching rather than playing.

Gamerdude854

Pizza Pasta
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 7, 2016
Canada
I had a lot of fun with Sam and Max and The Walking Dead season 1 but that's all i've really ever tried, with the exception of a couple demos. Also if your counting flash games I have played many with some of my favorites being the Riddle School series and the Henry Stickman series

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
Ohhh, Adventure Games. Man! I've probably played a ton.

- Blade Runner
- Sam and Max Hit the Road
- Sam and Max Season 1 to 4
- All the Monkey Island games from Lucasarts and Tell Tale
- Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade
- Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
- Loom
- Day of the Tentacle (My personal favorite)
- Full Throttle
- The Dig (I hate this game but I'll add it in here anyway)
- Grim Fandango (Second place favorite)
- Back to the Future by Tell Tale
- Myst

But funny that I haven't played the newer stuff like Walking Dead, Broken Age, and Life is Strange.

Reactions: Nadia

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
Not entirely sure how point-and-click they will be, but I did back Hiveswap (the Homestuck adventure game) on Kickstarter, and I look forward to playing both that and it's eventual sequel.

18/NINE-TEEN

♫ ♪ Just Get On With It & Kill Me ♩ ♬
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Deponia
Chaos On Deponia
Goodbye Deponia

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
I actually remembered several that I've played and forgot to mention. In alphabetical order:

Botanicula (finished, loved it)
The Fall (made some progress, it's pretty good)
Machinarium (finished, loved it)
Samorost 2 (played a bit, got it in a bundle, cute but sometimes obtuse)
To the Moon (finished, not sure if this one counts, but dem feels tho)

A88mph

Game Maker and Starship Captain.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
a88mph.itch.io
I've played part of part 1 of Strong Bad's game, and part of Grim Fandango. I should get back to them at some point.

18/NINE-TEEN

♫ ♪ Just Get On With It & Kill Me ♩ ♬
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Won a Steam Key of Deponia Doomsday a few months ago.

Nadia

Feb 4, 2016
Germany
I have played a lot of Classic Point-and-Click Adventures, here are some of them.

- Monkey Island
- Monkey Island 2
- Monkey Island 3
- Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade
- Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
- Flight of the Amazon Queen
- Inherit the Earth
- Zak McKracken
- Simon the Sorcerer 1&2
- I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream (This game is so damn Creepy)

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
Hmm never been a fan of point and click games, i can never get very far because I grow bored real fast.

Norad2

As unprepared for TFH as Pom.
Crowdfund Backer
Jun 21, 2016
Ohio
Zork: Grand Inquisitor, anyone?

That game holds some good memories for me, playing it with my Dad as a kid.

No? Okay, More modern... Oh, Botanicular and Machinarium! Those are a joy!

Crayv

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Playing a sniper in almost any FPS (couldn't resist ).

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Place Where Goats Are
The only Point and Click games I've really played have been the Chzo Mythos Series. 5 Days A Stranger, 7 Days a Skeptic, Trilby's Notes, and 6 Days a Sacrifice.

$Bison

Apr 11, 2016
During the Steam sale, I got Stasis, a point-and-click isometric sci-fi horror adventure game. It has about the same level of gore as Dead Space, but rather than being on the ship as things get terrible, you're there after all the terrible things occurred. The story does a good job of justifying how items can get lost, but there is a lot of text to read if you want to solve the puzzles because there are PDA's scattered around the ship that builds the lore through data logs.

"There's no way to escape, so I'mma try to swim past the bio-develop vats and reach the exit." In the next room, between you and the exit, is a collapsed bridge that sinks into a vat containing a chunky, putrid and gray liquid. Around the floor of the exit, there are several desperate bloody hand prints that can be seen getting dragged back into vat's gaping maw. ...Something's floating in the middle of it.

On a lighter note, there's Aviary Attorney, an Ace Attorney game that uses 19th century black and white lithographs for all the art, and the main character is a falcon lawyer. How cool is that?!

Since all the characters are animals, along with the use of classical orchestrated music, there's this sort of fairy-tale like quality to it that I find very charming, even if most of the trials involve murder. The game doesn't hold your hand when gathering evidence, so it's possible to enter a trial without a critical piece of the puzzle, but the game continues even if you fail a case and get a guilty verdict, thus offering multiple endings. It's about 3/4's the length of a Phoenix Wright game if you're only playing for one ending.

GreySky-GodoftheMachine

Fear; The Shadow of Death
Backers' Beta Tester
Apr 18, 2017
I've played some of Myst, and I've played a bunch of the Kings Quest game including the new one; Sierra in general is great. Also I've played through I have no mouth and I mush scream; there are no good endings only a moderately ok one. Tormentum- Dark Sorrow is great for those who like \m/ METAL \m/ looking games.

Fimbulvinter

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
I love this Genre. Way back in the 90's they had some of the best looking backgrounds around thanks to the fixed camera removing the need to render multiple angles.

I've played through
Sam & Max: Hit the Road
Sam & Max Seasons 1-3
Myst 1-5 (God lord there are some obscure abstract puzzles in these games)
Return to Zork, Zork Nemesis, Zork: Grand Inquisitor (Plus the original Text based adventures)
Telltale's A Game of Thrones
Telltale's Back to the Future
Day of the Tentacle
Full Throttle
Grim Fandango
The Dig
Money Island series

And not really point and click, but same spirit, all the old school Sierra Quest games - Space Quest, Kings Quest, Police Quest, Leisure Suit Larry.

I haven't played Telltale's The Walking Dead, as I could never really get into that show, though I hear that the game is good.