PLOT TWISTS!

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
The REAL bad guy(S!) of the game are actually the people who chose the Champions in the first place...

Texas- Come on... you don't think that out of EVERYONE's names in there, Arizona' just SO HAPPENED to be picked? (I think I wrote that right...)
Pom's Prime Minister (or PP)-... It was all a set up to get Pom to speak first, even if someone else spoke first they would have elected Pom.
It goes on...
And you have to beat your own 'Boss', so to speak.

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
PLOT TWIST!

Turns out the big bad is... dun dun dunnn!... An everlasting dragon. Who turns out to be the last dragon (voiced by Sean Connery) who is a cruel dictator who mistreats her subjects, the predators. But because the dragon fused half of her Dragonheart with the horse father, killing her will kill the entire Longma race. In the end, all the fighters find out that the key they were seeking is useless and they cannot seal away the predators. So Tianhuo comes to an ethical dilemma, kill her dragon mother to bring peace to predators and prey but killing off the Longma race. Or letting the tyrannical dragonmother rule all of foenum.

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Predator Representative of the Darkside
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
PLOT TWIST!

Turns out the big bad is... dun dun dunnn!... An everlasting dragon. Who turns out to be the last dragon (voiced by Sean Connery) who is a cruel dictator who mistreats her subjects, the predators. But because the dragon fused half of her Dragonheart with the horse father, killing her will kill the entire Longma race. In the end, all the fighters find out that the key they were seeking is useless and they cannot seal away the predators. So Tianhuo comes to an ethical dilemma, kill her dragon mother to bring peace to predators and prey but killing off the Longma race. Or letting the tyrannical dragonmother rule all of foenum.
BUT if you do certain events right before the reveal, you can unite the predators and the prey to push back this dragon and banish her to the HOLD'S HOLD! ensuring that the longma do not have to die and foenum can be at peace.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
BUT if you do certain events right before the reveal, you can unite the predators and the prey to push back this dragon and banish her to the HOLD'S HOLD! ensuring that the longma do not have to die and foenum can be at peace.
That would be boring. And we don't like boring endings. Also, we need some kind of conflict for an eventual sequel, so what if instead of the longma dying out, their children will no longer bear the dragon half, thus they will only be mildly overpowered horses. By the by do longmas come from eggs?

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Predator Representative of the Darkside
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
That would be boring. And we don't like boring endings. Also, we need some kind of conflict for an eventual sequel, so what if instead of the longma dying out, their children will no longer bear the dragon half, thus they will only be mildly overpowered horses. By the by do longmas come from eggs?
Having the longma revert to horses would be interesting, but my idea was a joke, hence the "HOLD'S HOLD" part.

Rich Jammer

Backers' Beta Tester
PLOT TWISTS!

Ice sprites are a race that originally came from the dimension that the predators were banished to. They escaped persecution from the evil predator leader but they weakened the barrier in the process. In order to seal the predators forever, the reindeer must also banish the ice sprites.

Paprika was born a weak and frail baby barely surviving her birth. Her parents were desperate to keep her alive. So they performed a ritual in which they bathed their baby in the aura of the gate that separates the world of Foenum and the realm of the predators. In doing so, it granted their baby immense powers, such as almost endless energy and great physical strength. But in the process it weakened the barrier to the predator realm. Unfortunately for Paprika, in order to seal the predators forever, see must give up her powers and also banish her parents into the predator realm.

The sheep elders many years ago secretly stole a timid wolf pack from the predator realm and raised them to be obedient. But doing so weakened the barrier to the predator realm. In order to banish the predators forever, Pom must also banish her only friends and family, her dog pack.

Fred is the son of the predator leader (I think I mentioned this earlier in plot twists) and escaped the predator realm. But doing so weakened the barrier. In order to banish the predators, Fred must kill his father and then act as the vessel that corrupted him. Then Oleander must banish her only friend to the other realm to bring peace to Foenum.

Centuries ago, a hapless horse heard a voice from the void. It came from a dragon from the predator realm. The horse and the dragon communicated for decades through the void and eventually fell for one another. One day the horse grew tired of never meeting the dragon. So he sought an ancient power to bring his beloved into his world. Doing so weakened the barrier between realms. Many generations later, Tianhuo faces a dilemma, she can only banish the predators forever by sacrificing the dragon half of her race.

Texas secretly has another child named Montana who is suffering from a mysterious illness. The reason why cows travel is not for better pastures but to look for a cure for his daughter. In their travels, Texas accidentally opens the gate to the predator realm. The predator leader tells him that he has the cure for his child. To banish the predators, Arizona must kill her father who is possessed by the predator leader.

The predators escaped because of the actions of a few that weakened the barrier and eventually broke it. So to have peace many sacrifices must be made. The biggest plot twist? The story is an allegory for man's effect to climate change... dun dun dunnn!

Last edited:
Reactions: 0Zero100

Nix Avernal

Sheep-Unicorn Fusion Ungulate
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
My crazy fan theory: To seal the Hold, the prey in question must take on some features of a predator. That is why the first Keeper (Goat?) disappeared.

In Tianhuo's case, as she is already half predator, she will just become full predator and turn into a dragon.

Each fighter's reaction would be different, and most of them will be sad. But maybe not Pom, as she is now a predator, she has kinship with her family - her dog pack.

This theory is totally not my way of wanting to have a Were-Sheep/Sheep-wolf Pom. No not at all...

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Well, if I remember correctly, the game will have a fixed story mode that makes you fight with different characters, so a plot twist does not need that many variants.

Wait that will be the plot twist! No matter who you play with, it will be a random unknown character that steals the spotlight!

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
Plot Twist!
The strongest Predator in the Hold wrote a magic book before getting sealed. He keeps an eye on Foenum from it. the name of the book is FGHTNG (Fred)!!!
Because Oleander is so close to Fred, he has worked up enough power over her to control her in her sleep. Fred is Using this ability to slowly open the hold and let monsters out.
The only way to stop this is to destroy Fred and the only thing that can destroy Fred is the very thing that created him.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
The Devourer is actually a tortoise who's lived all through out time with the help of magic. (Dark or otherwise.) He's had to watch all of creation suffer and rose to power because he tried to help everyone and instead saved no one. You will have to make a choice:
End his life by (GLORIOUS) battle or
spare him and promise that you will try to fix everything as best as you can.
Obviously, one leads to a battle, the other a happy ending... or does it?

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
The Devourer is actually a tortoise who's lived all through out time with the help of magic. (Dark or otherwise.) He's had to watch all of creation suffer and rose to power because he tried to help everyone and instead saved no one. You will have to make a choice:
End his life by (GLORIOUS) battle or
spare him and promise that you will try to fix everything as best as you can.
Obviously, one leads to a battle, the other a happy ending... or does it?
The Devourer is actually the tortoise that carries the world on its back, so if you beat it the Foenum will get destroyed, if not he will predate on everything.

GLaD for you

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Was expecting herbivores stretching and showing off their flanks.

However, guess we are classier than that.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
TFH is ACTUALLY about the multiverse and how the devourer moves from reality to reality because that ONE universe just HAD TO MESS IT UP! Which would also explain how the ungulates could have different colors and still be the exact same 'person'.

Rich Jammer

Backers' Beta Tester
Just realized now that I never read the Prologue for the Book of Lore. So now I'm just learning that the key was made from the horn of the bearded prophet. Which kinda reminds me of the plot of "Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny" where the devil's tooth was fashioned into a guitar pick that enhances their musical abilities.
But then PLOT TWIST at the end the devil uses the pick to make himself whole.

Which leads me to this PLOT TWIST!
The bearded prophet is actually the Devouror and invented a false legend to trick the ungulates to bring the missing piece of her horn. Because she can only escape the hold if she is whole again. Then challenges the Key Guardian to a duel before she rules the world.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Just realized now that I never read the Prologue for the Book of Lore. So now I'm just learning that the key was made from the horn of the bearded prophet. Which kinda reminds me of the plot of "Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny" where the devil's tooth was fashioned into a guitar pick that enhances their musical abilities.
But then PLOT TWIST at the end the devil uses the pick to make himself whole.

Which leads me to this PLOT TWIST!
The bearded prophet is actually the Devouror and invented a false legend to trick the ungulates to bring the missing piece of her horn. Because she can only escape the hold if she is whole again. Then challenges the Key Guardian to a duel before she rules the world.
Well, there is a mysterious hole on Fred's head, and we all know he's manipulating Oli... Though I would kill for the final battle being a rock-off

Rich Jammer

Backers' Beta Tester
I hope this isn't necro posting since this hasn't been used in a while.

So anyway, Ollie's story is a retelling of Faust. Ollie makes a deal with the devil and it manifests as Fred who plays the role of Mephistopheles.
PLOT TWIST!
By the end of the story, Ollie's contract with the devil ends and is damned into The Hold (Foenum's version of hell).

Pom d'or

Gave himself a fake award
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
Not every story with a devil pact is a retelling of Faust.
There's lots of versions of Faust, but all of them end with Faust not getting what he really wanted.
So if the player chooses Ollie, beats the game, and saves Foenum (I'm assuming the story mode will be something like that), it won't be a Faust-like story at all! - even if she is banished to The Hold afterward.

I still like your plot twist though. I kinda suspect something bad will happen to Oleander, to be honest.

I'm trying to think of a famous story ('literature' or otherwise) where someone actually wins thanks to their devil pact (but faces damnation anyway).

Rich Jammer

Backers' Beta Tester
Not every story with a devil pact is a retelling of Faust.
Yeah, I know that, but I just saw a vid about Witcher 3's Hearts of Stone expansion saying it took inspiration from a Polish version of Faust. So I just wanted to put it in there cause it was the source of what gave me the idea for the ... dun Dun DUNNNN... Plots twist: Ollie's story is actually a retelling of the 2000 movie Bedazzled but in this game the Faust character is played by Elizabeth Hurley and Fred by Brendan Fraser but at the end Fred is redeemed and get to live life again as a kid but is born in a fallout shelter and turns out it is actually the 1999 Brenden Fraiser film Blast from the Past... dun Dun DUNNNN!

Pom d'or

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
Hah! I forgot how much fun this thread is.
Thanks for resurrecting it.

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
Brendan Fraser is the best.

Neat idea. hmm. All the characters actually die at the end of the storyline. That would make an original ending for a FG. Except for Tian, she joins the Predators and becomes underboss.

Pom d'or

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
So anyway, Ollie's story is a retelling of Faust. Ollie makes a deal with the devil and it manifests as Fred who plays the role of Mephistopheles.
PLOT TWIST!
By the end of the story, Ollie's contract with the devil ends and is damned into The Hold (Foenum's version of hell).
I still like your plot twist though. I kinda suspect something bad will happen to Oleander, to be honest。
I've thought about it and I've reconsidered. Probably it'll have a happy ending where everyone becomes friends.

In other words, instead of a Faust story, it'll be more of a Lauren Faust story.

I can't believe it look me, like, a week to notice I could do that joke in this thread. My pun game is really slipping.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I thought that is what a Faust story meant
The original reference was to an old play by the name of Doctor Faustus, in the which Doctor Faustus sells his soul to the devil for power and
in the end gets dragged into Hell kicking and screaming and lamenting his choice.