PLOT TWISTS!

Terodeness

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Czech Republic
It's all the shrimps fault! Predators lived peacefully with ungulates. They were eating fish so they didn't need to attack anyone else. But shrimps didn't like it, they had enough being predator's snacks so then they made a plan and succeeded.
Thems Fightin Herds: Revenge of the shrimps
xD

Reactions: Feanor and Avering

CrpCrwls

This dim light which falls from the stars...
Feb 6, 2016
PLOT TWIST! Fred is Oleander's father! And it was Oleander's mother who killed him and trapped him in the book. DUN DUN DUUUNNNNN!
I could totally see that, Fred dabble in dark magic for research purposes and at first his wife is okay with this but the other unicorn aren't, so they pressure her and convince her that he's being corrupted and need to be neutralized. However killing isn't their way, and she wouldn't have had the heart to do it anyway, so instead they trapped him in his own research journal.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Plot twist! You need a dlc to find out the true ending! (Asura's Wrath actually did this)

Another one, the whole thing was orchestrated by the dogs and Pom was meant to be a sacrificial lamb (pun intended)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeropoint

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Oregon
It's all the shrimps fault! Predators lived peacefully with ungulates. They were eating fish so they didn't need to attack anyone else. But shrimps didn't like it, they had enough being predator's snacks so then they made a plan and succeeded.
Thems Fightin Herds: Revenge of the shrimps
Oh dear. The Mantis Shrimp Secret Really Final Boss fight is going to be tough!

GoggleSparks

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 15, 2016
Plot Twist! Pom's Father and/or Mentor is actually a wolf in sheep clothing.

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
Plot Twist!
The leaders of the sheep knew all along that dogs eat meat. They just put fake meetings to fool the rest of the sheeple.
Turns out they are part of a secret society who have bred wolves to be obedient slaves. But they still require meat so the secret society secretly kidnaps sheep to sacrifice them to the dogs.
Pom discovers this conspiracy and as part of her story mode has to fight a final boss who is the leader of this secret society. This final boss is a ram with huge horns and a pack of huge dogs.

Reactions: Feanor

The Yaski

Acting representative of the Empire of Tianhuo
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Plot twist: When the predators were sealed away, they only sealed the predators that were dangerous to them. Small predators like weasels are free to roam the lands of Foenum as they please. When the key keeper reaches the door, they are ambushed by a swarm of these smaller predators who were actually the cause of the seal weakening the whole time. Bonus points if you are playing Pom because at this point your dogs turn on you and it is revealed that the sheepdogs were playing a long con and were sapient the entire time, working secretly to help their brethren out of the Hold. Once the Devourer is released through cutscene the sheepdogs realize their folly and help you beat them.

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
THE MOST LOYAL OF TURNCOATS
-shrug- Just so you can play Pom. Unless beating the game with Pom unlocks an alternate moveset where she fights without her puppies! Dunno how that would work though...

Plot twist: in the second season/game the ungulates of Foenum are threatened by a new threat to the world of Foenum and it can only be defeated through the combined work of the ungulates and predators, who must now be released. Maybe the threat even comes from a new, odd bipedal species...

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Plot twist!
The whole ordeal started because some kids spilled milk on the predators' seal. And they are all lactose intolerant.

TigerKirby215

I should be doing work right now
Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
Al da ungulatz r secritly DED :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

But really: I have always questioned Fred's motives.
My money's on him either trying to get Oli to "Defeat" the Predators to actually release them, or him secretly being the Devourer or something.

But I'm sure the friendship that Oleander and Fhtng share knows no bounds.
Right? :confused:

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Al da ungulatz r secritly DED :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

But really: I have always questioned Fred's motives.
My money's on him either trying to get Oli to "Defeat" the Predators to actually release them, or him secretly being the Devourer or something.

But I'm sure the friendship that Oleander and Fhtng share knows no bounds.
Right? :confused:
Who knows? Maybe Fred has some way to absorb the Devourer's power for himself if they defeat him or something. There are other ways he could not be 100% with Oli without wanting to release the predators.

Feb 22, 2016
The Predators are actually in no danger of escaping. The "scouts" that were seen were just the work of unicorn magic. The unicorn stirred up everything so that a Key Keeper would be chosen. Once the Keeper is chosen, the unicorn would defeat/kill the Keeper, steal the key, and then release the Predators. They would then attempt to control the Predators so that they could rule Foenum with an iron hoof.

The unicorn's plan would've been foolproof: A unicorn Keeper would be difficult to defeat, but since the unicorns wouldn't send a representative, the Keeper would be of a different race, thus easier to defeat. Unfortunately, a dent formed in the plan: Oleander. Since she decided to represent the unicorns by her own volition, there's a chance that she'll end up becoming the Keeper. And her using dark magic makes her unpredictable and much more dangerous in the unicorn's eyes.

Sorry for the length, but that's my idea for a plot twist.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
... man, we need to get us some TFH emoticons.
Wait, what are the dimensions required? Just prop it over the fan art forums, and eventually you will get a few usable ones.

Oh, yeah topic. The main cast is dying and the game is just their life flashing before their eyes!

TigerKirby215

Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
...man, we need to get us some TFH emoticons.
Mhm.

I've been using the Awesomenats Forum emotes as a temporary solution, but I'd love to get some 8-bit Ungulates.

I mean, we could use the lobby sprites for something, at least.
They're not too expressive, but it would be something.

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
Plot twist, the Unicorns only using light magic for generations has unbalanced the ether (force or whatever) and is the cause of the gate becoming weak. Oleander is the only reason it hasn't opened yet.

Another plot twist, when you get the key and beat the final boss before finishing it off, it offers to give you unknowable power. So the character either makes the choice of sealing the predator away or gaining even more power. The second option would turn the character into a predator and they would proceed to wreak havoc on Foenum.

(I hope you get the ideas, I'm not very good at explaining through text.)

TigerKirby215

Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
Another plot twist, when you get the key and beat the final boss before finishing it off, it offers to give you unknowable power. So the character either makes the choice of sealing the predator away or gaining even more power. The second option would turn the character into a predator and they would proceed to wreak havoc on Foenum.
There are unused secondary endings in Skullgirls' Data.

Each one of these endings involve the Girls making their wish, and then having that wish get screwed and having them turn into the Skullgirl.
Fillia wishes for her memory back, to which Samson wildly objects. Skullheart also objects, and turns her into the Skullgirl.
Cerebella wishes for Vitale to love her uncontrollably. It turns out that Vitale has gone insane because of this wish, and kills all of Cerebella's Circus Palls. Vitale is then killed by Cerebella's roommate, but comes back as a zombie in control of the Skullheart.
Peacock just :bark::bark::bark::bark:s with the Skullheart and wishes for stupid shit. Skullheart gets pissed and commits Sudoku. Misspelling was intentional.
As Parasoul's ending does actually have her wish on the Skullheart (oh yeah le spoilurz), the alternate ending has Parasoul shoot the Skullheart, killing Umbrella in the process. Parasoul gets very :( about it and apologizes to her dying sister, who tells her that she did what she had to do.
Ms. Fortune wishes for the Fishbone Gang back. ROFL LMAO their zombies now, and you're the Skullgirl. Have fun, cat.
Painwheel wishes to be free. ROFL LMAO Be free from everything except for pure rage. You're going to slaughter everyone, kid.
Valentine captures the Skullheart, in a similar fashion to Robo-Fortune's ending. She preforms testing on it with Brain Drain, presumably for Painwheel. The Skullheart mocks her attempt to break the cycle.
My assumption is that this was planned if the player beat the game on a low difficulty, or used continues or something, but they ran out of time.

While it would be cool to see something like this for TFH, it would likely require quite a lot of coding on top of the Skullgirls engine.
Lab Zero couldn't do it, and they made the engine.

Though the general concept does make sense for Tian, at least.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if something like that is referenced at the end of Tian's story. Heck, I'd place my bets on Tian's role just being a bunch of "Oh shit you a pred m8?" interactions, much like Painwheel's "Oh shit you a monster m8?" interactions with most of the Skullgirls cast.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
The devourer is actually Johnny Bravo in disguise.

On a more serious note, the final fight is only the Devourer buying time for the predators to break the seal. A key is nothing without the lock. I would personally be very happy if the predators could get out, even if they don't win.

ChaotixSpark

Whiffs for Days
Backers' Beta Tester
Mar 18, 2016
Plot Twist: There is no Champion of Foenum, but a Champion"S" of Foenum. Without true unity between all of the races, Foenum is doomed to the Predators.

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
PLOT TWIST!

- The dogs are really the masters and not the sheep and are secretly harvesting them for food.
- Longmas aren't really descendants of dragons. Because dragons never existed.
- Reindeers don't get their ice powers from magic oats. They actually gained the power by the mutation of their genes from over exposure to radiation from the ice sprites. The ice sprites are actually aliens.
- Unicorns are actually naturally black but over exposure to white magic made them white.
- Arizona is actually from New Jersey.
- Paprika is actually the last Alpaca. Everyone else of her family are Llamas
- The butler did it!
- You are not the father!

But all of this doesn't matter because they are all in The Matrix.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
- The dogs are really the masters and not the sheep and are secretly harvesting them for food.
- Longmas aren't really descendants of dragons. Because dragons never existed.
- Unicorns are actually naturally black but over exposure to white magic made them white.
These would be actually pretty neat. The unicorn one seems the most possible, but the no dragons is pretty cool as well.

- Arizona is actually from New Jersey.
Not upper-class enough.
- The butler did it!
I knew it! Now who is the butler?

TigerKirby215

Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
The predator is actually an ungulate, and all the ungulates are predators.
They've secretly been feasting on ungulates the entire time, instead of grass and plants. They just didn't realize since the head predator brainwashed all of them.

The predator/ungulate was sealed away because it had the power to free the ungulates/predators from their mind control, to which they'd become passive.