Pixel artsy stuff thread

Redness

The Class Pet
Oct 17, 2016
Fœnum
www.youtube.com
I totally didn't forget about this thread at all. And since I didn't forget about it, time to upload the tabletop sprites I edited from the originals, with some comments on them because why not. A note however, is that I am nowhere near a good artist, so a lot of my stuff revolve around just moving the pixels around and see what sticks, instead of anything planned.

This one is IO Lonfy, quite obviously the easiest. Actually I think he was the first one I made, when 0Zero asked me to put a journalist hat on a Paprika sprite. And make the rug into some bags for papers and stuff. And thus it began....
View attachment 1920

This one is Ophelia, she was an absolute nightmare to make, due to her colour. I tried to stay as close to KYMSnowman's original drawing, which meant the outline colour as well. Took me a while to realise that such light outline makes the whole pic blurry, but I still haven't corrected it. Eh. The cloak was relatively easy to make though, ad I only needed to just draw an extra outline around Oli's sprite. Other modifications included chopping off the mane behind Oli's face and having a lock of hair obscure some of here eye. Not like you can see it with how white the whole character is. I really should fix that
View attachment 1921

Benson Baaah (or Baah? Heck if I know) quite obviously a sheep. Pom's Pompadour got cut a lot, got some crly bits and some horns were added. And while not entirely sure, I think I messed around a little bit with the face to remove some floof. His cape was just a bit of a trial and error around the chest. Outline colour still too close to the whole palette, so he looks blurry as well, but not as bad as the white blob that is Ophelia.
View attachment 1922

Corvine Winterblood. I really am proud of how she ended up. I had to butcher poor Velvet, and remove her floof along with the horns. Luckily the cape and hood obscures just around every bit that had to be cut, so I didn't have to make those parts presentable. The folds on the cape came out really well, but jeez those horns took a while to get right. She's happy though. You can see her 1 pixel smile.
View attachment 1923

Next one is Broxnar ..Ethridge? Erthridge? Something with E. Whatever. This one took freaking days to actually get right. He is a Delgeth, some kind of demon-bull thingie, and I based his sprite on Arizona. The only parts that were done quickly are the nose ring, and the little heart necklace, both of wich you probably didn't even notice. I managed to make the sprite itself look more muscular, by moving the head a bit farther from the legs and pretend there is more bull there. The eyes also gave me a lot of headache, as I constantly tried to make a full outline but that made it look like he has some glasses. The horns ad hair were pretty easy compared to those.
View attachment 1924

Colorado Blue. This was actually pretty easy. The armor was just barely some extra width on Arizona's chest, then it was just some recoloring and reshuffling of the splothces on the fur. The only slightly tricky thing was the hammer on his back, as I wanted to make it recognisable, while still looking like it's actually holstered. On this dark backround it's really not visible though. Or anywhere really.
View attachment 1925

Vesper Iris. Those who watched Lindsay's art stream probably saw him. This sprite actually had a lotmessing around, as I shortened Oleander's muzzle to make it look less copy-paste recolor character. The mane was alright, as luckly there weren't any curls in it. The scarf that was pointed out by Lindsay and Oreo on the stream was also relatively easy. Thought this guy has some extra stories about him....
View attachment 1926
It might come as a suprise, but everyone's beloved OC sometimes forgets his english. I don't remember exactly what was the conversation, but OC typed segway instead of segue for something about Vesper. Which promptly got a response of dictionary articles and jokes. One of that joke was actually Vesper having a segway now, summoned by some kind of spell.
View attachment 1927
Originally this was a still image, but I liked this situation too much to just leave it like that. Interestingly enough, this went really easily, as most of the body is rather boxy, so a 90° turn didn't mess up anything.

I also made a character later for a Pathfinder game, specifically a goat inquisitor. No one really expected him. And since I had no idea how a goat will look like in the game, I just used a shorter unicorn muzzle, made some creepy goat eyes (which are not noticeable due to the hat obscuring the upper part of them), and shortened the tail to be more goat-tail. He then became my avatar on Discord. Also his name is Waffle. Because all my characters are named after foodstuffs.
View attachment 1928

But as we all know, they will all die, like tabletop characters should.
View attachment 1929
View attachment 1930
If curious this is just random roleplaying stuff when everyone missed, so the players flavoured it as tripping on the same rock constantly. And thus THE TRIPPING ROCK became te symbol of nat 1s

And to round it out, let me just say that I'm sad there are so few images here, I want to see stuff you guys made.
Very nice Avering! :D