Overwatch

Delusional Dreamer

Dreamer of Delusional Dreams
Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
Lucky bum. I only got the Lucio and Tracer skins, both of whics I don't like. Inthe latter case, I dislike even the character.

Also, I just read that a lot of fans are mad because Mei's skin looks like a recolor and think she won't get any legendary anytime soon. To this it was answered that she will. Sooo, Chinese new years skin hype anyone?
Avering! How can you not like the Lucio skin! It's beautiful! I'm certainly not bias when I say that's it's one of the best skins in the game for Lucio.

Anyway, there's a new Overwatch comic, this one's for Tracer. You can read the English version here, and while your at it I'd recommend reading everything else if you haven't.

Thoughts anyone?
One of the mane things I took from the comic is that Widow still has feelings for her husband even though she's brainwashed. I just noticed that about her name, she's called Widowmaker because she made herself a widow. I'm slower then a Mcree during Deadeye.

Chinese New Year skins sound fun, Roadhog would have some sort of year of the hog skin and Hanzo would have to get something year of the dragon related.

Reactions: CactusPearGamer

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
People are flipping thir shite over Tracer. Don't they have anything better to do?

Also ,you can see Mcree passed out, with Sombra actually sitting not far away from him. What was she doing there? (There are a few fun fan theories)
Also, old men with their grandkids. That was adorable.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
Hey, I'm here to ruin your day.

I really wanted to play this game. I play a lot of TF2, but after a few poor decisions from them I thought I'd check out Overwatch. I had nosey into how the game works and long story short I found out about limited-time cosmetics. Now I don't care about missing the pre-order exclusives, those are an industry standard at this point. I also don't care about unique rewards for competitive players that change every season, the dedicated fans deserve a prize. And I can understand why convention-exclusive items would be limited edition too. The issue I have is the limited time Summer Games and Halloween items.

I've never really been one for 100% completion, and I understand the need for a game that has constant updates to have some sort of microtransaction system. That being said, if I see something I want, I like to be able to get it. I understand their thinking. Limited time items sell well. But whether it effects the gameplay or not, it alienates new players and disappoints old players who weren't able to play during the time of the event. The game looks really fun, I won't deny it's merits, and you may think some nonsense with cosmetics isn't a valid reason to swear off playing a game. But if I don't oppose a system that I think is unfair, then I endorse it. If they make these items available in the future without a time limit, I'll buy the game in a heartbeat.

Sorry to come into your thread and smack-talk your game, but believe me, I was this close to buying it.
I caved in and got the game in the end. But if Summer games roles around and the old items aren't made available again, Kaplin will have hell to pay.

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Nice today I bought the Phara skin and then next lootbox I opened I got it

Delusional Dreamer

Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
I caved in and got the game in the end. But if Summer games roles around and the old items aren't made available again, Kaplin will have hell to pay.
As someone with nearly 750 hours in Team Fortress, I think you'll enjoy it. It's far from the same thing but it does sort of fill the cartoony class-based FPS niche and it does a damn good job at it.

About the summer games thing, I'm in the same boat as you, the only summer exclusive I have is a player icon and I think maybe a spray. Most people including myself believe that Blizzard will let the event items be accessible once a year every time the event takes place, Summer Skins become available at summer, Winter become available in Winter, etc. I don't really see any reason Blizzard wouldn't follow this formula. We gotta have some hope and put some faith in Blizzard.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I actually got this a week or so ago. Blizzard games tend to keep their 'value' over time. I noticed they had $20 off, so I grabbed the mid-tier version, the Digital special edition basically.

It's not too bad. I've played a dozen or two rounds with others, mostly vs AI though. I first started with Purple Sniper Lady, but it didn't go so well versus real people, so I switched to the last guy on the list, Mr. Floaty McBallThrower the PseudoMagicMan. With him, I tend to do alright in AI matches at least. I obviously don't get the high kill count, but I can at least heal others, and I often top out the charts in terms of assists.

I'm...Bad with names, as you might have noticed.

Oh, one question, What does it mean when your name is orange with an asterisk/star next to it? I presume it means you're doing pretty well?

Delusional Dreamer

Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
I Mr. Floaty McBallThrower the PseudoMagicMan.
This is his name now. Don't bother calling him anything else.
Oh, one question, What does it mean when your name is orange with an asterisk/star next to it? I presume it means you're doing pretty well?
I'm not entirely sure what you mean, do you mean the little star that appears under someone's name when they pass rank one hundred? That's the only star I can think of, and I don't think I've ever seen my name or anyone else's turn orange.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I'm recommending you go online. Aside from being fun occasionally, it's a massively different experience from AI fights. Also you can't experience the feeling if teammates who couldn't find their own arses in the dark with a map and a flashlight.
The arcade modes tend to be fun tho.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
This is his name now. Don't bother calling him anything else.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, do you mean the little star that appears under someone's name when they pass rank one hundred? That's the only star I can think of, and I don't think I've ever seen my name or anyone else's turn orange.
Fair enough!

And no. I mean like, when the match is being set up, the players select their characters, I see some of us have orange instead of blue names, and there are little * (asterisk/star) type symbols next to them. We're all on the same team in these matches, and it's always (that I can recall anyway) users on the left side, and I think it's usually 2 or 3 players that are like that.

Delusional Dreamer

Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
Fair enough!

And no. I mean like, when the match is being set up, the players select their characters, I see some of us have orange instead of blue names, and there are little * (asterisk/star) type symbols next to them. We're all on the same team in these matches, and it's always (that I can recall anyway) users on the left side, and I think it's usually 2 or 3 players that are like that.
Well, I just played Overwatch a bit, and I still don't have a clue what you mean. If possible could you get a screenshot of this?

Swasfews

Mostly Quiet
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
When you're in a group with other players, they show up exactly as described. The only problem with that is that the names should be green.

Delusional Dreamer

Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
how is that,
what?
I can't say I know entirely, but I think the combination of being on the objective that long and taunting were the mane reasons, the amp just topped it all off and made the system pick me. I know taunting increases the chance of getting POTG based on some research I've done, so that was a largely contributing factor. I can't say I'm still entirely sure why it decided this was worthy of play of the game though.

Delusional Dreamer

Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
New PTR update!

I'm really excited to see what'll be done with the new server browser feature, there's so many possibilities and I can't wait to see what the first custom gamemode people will come up with.

EDIT: I forgot to link the actual dev update where he talks about The Server Browser.
Here.
Sorry about that!

Dinoflask do your thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: CactusPearGamer

Barbaloot

Bringer of sorrow and also donuts.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wisconsin
So apparently the PTR has some hidden menu song in the files, and it's music that played during the first Cinematic Trailer, when they were fighting over Doomfist's gauntlet. The glass covering Doomfist's gauntlet on Numbani is also broken now. So.... Doomfist hype?

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
So apparently the PTR has some hidden menu song in the files, and it's music that played during the first Cinematic Trailer, when they were fighting over Doomfist's gauntlet. The glass covering Doomfist's gauntlet on Numbani is also broken now. So.... Doomfist hype?
I vote for a new tank. 'Cause it would be tight to punch people into the far distance while having a massive pool of HP. That or defense. A new char in either would make me happy personally.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I vote for a new tank. 'Cause it would be tight to punch people into the far distance while having a massive pool of HP. That or defense. A new char in either would make me happy personally.
I actually am thinking of attack. High mobility, high damage with a short reach. There are already Rein for great melee tank, and Winston for knocking people around, and a single gauntlet is not enough for locking down an area, as the defense heroes' shtick. But to be frank nobody cares about that. Terry Crews is the only important thing.

Moon Drops

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
I actually am thinking of attack. High mobility, high damage with a short reach. There are already Rein for great melee tank, and Winston for knocking people around, and a single gauntlet is not enough for locking down an area, as the defense heroes' shtick. But to be frank nobody cares about that. Terry Crews is the only important thing.
I can certainly agree concerning the Terry Crews bit. But I am more interested in a new tank... mainly because the idea of throwing players around with a muscle bound Terry Crews appeals to me...

Swasfews

Mostly Quiet
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I've never cared much for Doomfist story wise so I was really glad when Orisa happened. There's honestly no way he could be more interesting than her anyway.