TEACH YOUR WAYS, FOR THIS IS IMMENSELY PLEASING
  1. Play Symetra
  2. Realize Symetra is shit and play someone else
  1. Unironically main Symetra
  2. Play Anubus
  3. Lose first point with your Ult up: Don't die losing the point
  4. Place your Teleporter somewhere stupid in the back lines
  5. Hide in the corner like you're Reaper
  6. Snipe the Mercy 4 times and the Reaper once, and let your Genji get 4 flank kills himself
  7. Relish in the salt of your McCree as he talks about how "our Symetra didn't do anything" when in reality he's just mad that everyone is busy chasing you

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
  1. Play Symetra
  2. Realize Symetra is shit and play someone else
  1. Unironically main Symetra
  2. Play Anubus
  3. Lose first point with your Ult up: Don't die losing the point
  4. Place your Teleporter somewhere stupid in the back lines
  5. Hide in the corner like you're Reaper
  6. Snipe the Mercy 4 times and the Reaper once, and let your Genji get 4 flank kills himself
  7. Relish in the salt of your McCree as he talks about how "our Symetra didn't do anything" when in reality he's just mad that everyone is busy chasing you
Funny enough, I main her, and I got a POTG on Hollywood. The payload was in the last part before the end (we were defending), and I ran in there like a man man and sentired everywhere I could and lazered everything I could reach. Ended up killing like 4 people I think. Anyway, fellow on the team saw that and said:

Guy: I take back my comment.
Me: ?. What comment?
Guy: That we don't need a Symetria at this point.

I felt a warm glow in my heart that day.

Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
May 3, 2016
My own experiences with extreme hero stacking have been limited, but memorable. The first was 5 Roadhogs and a Bastion on Anubis defense. No one expected to win that, but somehow we did (probably because they didn't switch to mass Reaper). Then we went 6 pre-buff Zenyatta for King's Row defense. 150 HP matters surprisingly little when the enemy charges headlong into the hail of balls. Unfortunately, that only worked once, and on the next charge, they had someone switch to Tracer and we were all food.

On the other side of things, I've fought 6 D.Vas with a standard team (Hollywood defense) and while they very slowly pushed us back, we won out on pure attrition because they had too much downtime in getting back. Also faced 5 Reapers and a 76 on Ilios Well and while we had to really work for it, we eventually worked out a counter-pick. Notably, it was one of those rare times where not only could I get away with swapping from a Reinhardt to Junkrat, it was probably one of the better choices (since the Trap prevents Wraithing).

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
On the other side of things, I've fought 6 D.Vas with a standard team (Hollywood defense) and while they very slowly pushed us back, we won out on pure attrition because they had too much downtime in getting back.
That sounds like that could have been fun.

(since the Trap prevents Wraithing).
I did not know this. I presume it stops it before they've wraith'd?

So, this happened to me:
ScreenShot_16-08-08_16-49-28-000.jpg

It was magical, and completely unplanned.

Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
May 3, 2016
I did not know this. I presume it stops it before they've wraith'd?

So, this happened to me:
View attachment 897

It was magical, and completely unplanned.
Yeah, the Trap stops stuff like Wraith Form and Recall while the hero is stuck in it. If Reaper's already in Wraith Form, he'll just pass right through without triggering it.

That screenshot looks both amazing and terrifying. Who ended up winning?

TigerKirby215

I should be doing work right now
Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
>Be me
>Overwatch Quick Play
>Have a Mercy
>Me: "Hey guys I'm playing Bastion. I'm not too good at Bastion so sorry if I do bad."
>Do really bad
>mfw: :oops: "Ohhhh nooooooo peeps gunna be salty about me."
>Mercy: "ffs you guys are so bad. I have no one to heal."

>Realize I'm bad and switch to D.Va to deal with spam
>At 100 HP beside Mercy
>"I need healing!" "I need healing!" "I need healing!" "I need healing!"
>Mercy: "STFU D.Va do something before you ask for heals."

>mfw

This was after I got a triple kill with my Self Destruct.
I really wonder why you have no one to heal...

Game ended with Mercy running a Bronze in healing. Guy switched to Soldier for like 30 seconds before going Hanzo and dying 17 times.
Proceeded to blame everyone on the team for the loss, says "I'm reporting all of you." in the all chat like it's freaking DOTA 2, then leaves.
Funny thing is that about half our team (including yours truly when I stopped playing Bastion) was On Fire. :Tianhuo:

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
OMG I got my second legendary Bastion skin at lvl 58, I don't even like bastions and I was excited I'm like Lucio or Tracer and guess what, IT WAS BASTION UGGG. (We need a Face Pom Emote)

Richard Upton Pickman

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 5, 2016
Would still love to find that Rio skin for Mercy. I was really behind the drop system but Blizzard just had to do something like that. o_O

D96

Michigan Wolverines Fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
Would still love to find that Rio skin for Mercy. I was really behind the drop system but Blizzard just had to do something like that. o_O
Same. I really wanted at least one of the skins for Mercy, D.Va, McCree, and Genji. It's really a punch to the gut when you get coins in lootboxes and you can't use them on any of the new things.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Hope the next addition will work differently. While I admit this is one idea of getting money, I'm hopeful even Blizzard realises it's not a good one. And since they have a tendency of at least trying to fix things, the next batch of skins will be sold in a better way.

Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
May 3, 2016
I always thought the loot system was a little skeevy, but didn't think too much of it because I'm not huge on cosmetics (if it ends up in my inventory or I see it for super cheap, I'll probably use it, but it's more of a tertiary concern for me). The Summer Games thing is so blatant, though, that I even feel a little insulted—especially because so much of the new content isn't even more interesting or different from the standard drops. Granted, it is oddly amusing to be able to respond to certain character lines by having Reaper say, "It's in the refrigerator." (still not as good as responding to people asking for healing with Lucio's "That's how you get tinnitus!", though).

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I so far got 1 Lucio skin(luckily the one I wanted), the Lucio POTG Highlight, The Symmetra taunt, and the Mercy skin in the rio crates. I just want the American Mcree

Octavia

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Hope the next addition will work differently. While I admit this is one idea of getting money, I'm hopeful even Blizzard realises it's not a good one. And since they have a tendency of at least trying to fix things, the next batch of skins will be sold in a better way.
They arent going to admit mistakes, as they are masters of trying to spin their mistakes as positives, and from a business standpoint, it wasnt a mistake for them. They are getting lots of money from it. Theyve doubled down and made up a bull excuse about how they 'want the skins to be rare' and go on about how much free content we are getting, when, in actuality, we paid for the content with our retail pricetag. Blizzards just like any other company. At the end of the day they do whats going to make them the most money, and their name carries weight so they know they can get away with stuff like this.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
They arent going to admit mistakes, as they are masters of trying to spin their mistakes as positives, and from a business standpoint, it wasnt a mistake for them. They are getting lots of money from it. Theyve doubled down and made up a bull excuse about how they 'want the skins to be rare' and go on about how much free content we are getting, when, in actuality, we paid for the content with our retail pricetag. Blizzards just like any other company. At the end of the day they do whats going to make them the most money, and their name carries weight so they know they can get away with stuff like this.
Never said admitting, just fixing. Making the skins buyable would probably net more money, because, yes you will have less people randomly buying 200 boxes, but you will gain more than 200 people willing to pay for something they want.
Most people simply don't like to gamble.

TigerKirby215

Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
(I only come to these forums to post here nowadays.)

TigerKirby215 said:
Mei is top tier assin never 5get
Not shown: Me killing the enemy Mercy 5+ times as I play Mei like Reaper.

I play a lot of Reaper and Symmetra, so I guess Mei's essentially the mid point for me. :p
Flank Assassin Mei for the dankest of memes. ;)

Pics unrelated:

JUST. PICK. JUNKRAT.

Got all the victory poses for Reaper... except the good one. :(

RIP.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Back in the day, when Overwatch was just announced, I immediately decided that I love Bastion. And his teased playstyle looked fun too, if a bit easy.
Then I heard the cries of people running in front of a gatling gun (dude, that's a gatling gun, what did you expect?)
And now This.
Say whatever, I love the character of that little war machine. And I don't even have the game. Yet.

D96

Michigan Wolverines Fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
I'll admit, Bastion's short was really awesome and it made me tolerate him a lot more (helps that he's not actually that bad to deal with once you get used to the game). But man, Blizzard cinematics are usually amazing and this one just continued the legacy.

Bastion's robot-PTSD was interesting and pretty well done IMO. And I just have reiterate, the whole thing looked incredible. Blizzard really sold me on how a robot could fall in love with the natural world and all that.

Aside from that, the new map looks like fun, but I'm torn between what I should spend my credits on (I'm at ~1100 right now): Reinhardt's new legendary skin (top 5 used character for me, looks awesome) or D.Va's legendary emote (my main, looks hilarious). 'Course I'll eventually just end up buying both, so it's not a big deal (plus they're cosmetics, so it's double not a big deal).

TigerKirby215

Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
I unboxed two skins for Ana over my 36 levels and 36 purchased Loot Boxes (so 72 Loot Boxes)
And of the two skins I unboxed,

TWO OF THEM ARE LEGENDARY!

What is this?! What is my life?!
I unbox two Legendaries for a Sniper, and still don't have a single skin for Torb!

Reactions: D96

Barbaloot

Bringer of sorrow and also donuts.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wisconsin
So idk who of you guys have been following this whole SOmbra ARG, but there's a good chance shit is going down tomorrow about noon.

Sutekh94

Veteran of being taken over by robots or something
Crowdfund Backer
So these things happened last night:

The five Anas/one Junkrat managed to capture the first point - nothing further though - and we got comments from the other team saying that "we were f***ing hard to kill". Heals, nano boosts, and sleep darts for days.

As far as the all Junkrats... Let's just say that didn't work.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
So these things happened last night:

The five Anas/one Junkrat managed to capture the first point - nothing further though - and we got comments from the other team saying that "we were f***ing hard to kill". Heals, nano boosts, and sleep darts for days.

As far as the all Junkrats... Let's just say that didn't work.
I once did an all Junkrat match.
The other team all switched to Phara...

Also: All Ana? What is this, the PTR? ;)