Overwatch

Swasfews

Mostly Quiet
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Lucio boosts don't stack, so a full team of them would have to be really good at timing their amps to embrace the fast.

D96

Michigan Wolverines Fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
@Avering
That was so fast, too fast for my 5-year old laptop to handle! (I actually had to use a different computer 'cause my laptop was literally not fast enough)

@Swasfews
Aww, though I figured the boosts wouldn't stack. Still, if the Lucios timed it like you said, that'd be a crazy match of wall-ridin', beat-droppin' madness.

Reactions: OCisbestungulate

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Lucio boosts don't stack, so a full team of them would have to be really good at timing their amps to embrace the fast.
@Avering
That was so fast, too fast for my 5-year old laptop to handle! (I actually had to use a different computer 'cause my laptop was literally not fast enough)

@Swasfews
Aww, though I figured the boosts wouldn't stack. Still, if the Lucios timed it like you said, that'd be a crazy match of wall-ridin', beat-droppin' madness.
I really want to see that now.

Barbaloot

Bringer of sorrow and also donuts.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wisconsin
SO how is Ana? I haven't been able to play since last Monday because of laptop issues, but I really want to play with Ana!

Octavia

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
she is really fun and has the potential to be one of the best supports out there, but she has a very high skill floor. you have to be really good with her to contribute to the team for the most part

D96

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
I was on vacation and didn't get a chance to play Overwatch until today, but I agree with what @Octavia said. If you're solid at sniping, Ana will be a unique and fun experience. I'm pretty mediocre when it comes to sniping so I haven't played her much, but I had some good teammates that were really laying down the pressure while using her.

Also, getting boosted by her ult and not doing anything noteworthy feels really crappy :(
(Though on the flip side a successful boost is incredible)

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I was on vacation and didn't get a chance to play Overwatch until today, but I agree with what @Octavia said. If you're solid at sniping, Ana will be a unique and fun experience. I'm pretty mediocre when it comes to sniping so I haven't played her much, but I had some good teammates that were really laying down the pressure while using her.

Also, getting boosted by her ult and not doing anything noteworthy feels really crappy :(
(Though on the flip side a successful boost is incredible)
I once got boosted when I was playing Symmetra.
Yeah, it was a waste of an ult. I guess they had no one else to use it on or something.

Last edited:

D96

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
I once got boosted when I was playing Symmetra.
Yeah, it was a waste of an ult. I guess they had no one else to use it one or something.
My buddy played Ana for the first time and tried to ult a Soldier and ended up tagging a Mercy by accident. In hindsight it's kind of hilarious but horrifying when you ult the wrong person happens.

Octavia

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016

Been a while since I posted one of these here

I then went on to melee the reinhardt to death

D96

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
So I know we talked about how the last patch added Ana, but I didn't really appreciate the buffs they gave to D.Va and Zenyatta until recently. I went from playing D.Va every once in a while to playing her as my main. Not dying from your own Self-Destruct and decreasing the countdown on it was nice, but the real change I love was the change to her Defense Matrix. It is so incredibly satisfying to fly right into the face of an ulting Roadhog or Pharah or whomever and just block everything. I especially love when a Reaper sneaks up on me and tries to kill me solo. It's almost formulaic: I turn around, I throw up DM, I run into his face, I wait for him to reload, I drop the shield and start shooting at point-blank, he runs using his wraith form, I chase him down and finish him off.

I haven't played Zenyatta as much, but from what I have tried, his buffs seem pretty solid as well. He got just enough survivability to take down enemies without getting one-shotted by a sniper, which was pretty frustrating. Also, seeing him zip around while using his ult is hilarious.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I agree on the D.Va buffs. They were sorely needed. While it made sense, and was kinda funny that her ult killed her, it sucked given that your team ignored it. But really, that DM buff was sorely needed. I don't play her, but I know someone who does.

Reactions: D96 and Sutekh94

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
My buddy played Ana for the first time and tried to ult a Soldier and ended up tagging a Mercy by accident. In hindsight it's kind of hilarious but horrifying when you ult the wrong person happens.
I did the same exact thing my first game there was a roadhog and a reinheart right in front of me and it tagged the other Ana on the other side of the cart.

D96

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
@OCisbestungulate
She went from being underused to ubiquitous after that patch. It seems like there's always one on each team now that I play; even when I choose to play someone else, someone else will usually pick her up. She's fun to play after that buff, so it makes sense.

@BypenThynDragon
It's funny, since I posted that I found this play that made me realize just how strong Ana's ult can be.

On a different note, I tried Competitive for the first time today. I usually prefer the casual game modes for FPS games, but I enjoyed this ranked one. I did enough matches to get my placement, and I got 59. I'm not sure how good that is (50 is average, right?), but it rates you based on both performance and wins/loses, right?

Reactions: BypenThynDragon

BypenThynDragon

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
@OCisbestungulate
She went from being underused to ubiquitous after that patch. It seems like there's always one on each team now that I play; even when I choose to play someone else, someone else will usually pick her up. She's fun to play after that buff, so it makes sense.

@BypenThynDragon
It's funny, since I posted that I found this play that made me realize just how strong Ana's ult can be.

On a different note, I tried Competitive for the first time today. I usually prefer the casual game modes for FPS games, but I enjoyed this ranked one. I did enough matches to get my placement, and I got 59. I'm not sure how good that is (50 is average, right?), but it rates you based on both performance and wins/loses, right?
I read somewhere that 50-55 is around average so congrats.

Reactions: D96

Octavia

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I play on pc but I generally only really give out my battletag to people im close to. sorry!

D96

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
Well, it finally happened today. Full Lucio match (except for one D.Va that was a major buzzkill). My whole team went Lucio, and my buddy and I were talking about what their reaction would be. We run out to the point and suddenly it's just Lucios everywhere. We were just laughing for the longest time. Eventually everyone started switching characters but it was amazing while it lasted.

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
Well, it finally happened today. Full Lucio match (except for one D.Va that was a major buzzkill). My whole team went Lucio, and my buddy and I were talking about what their reaction would be. We run out to the point and suddenly it's just Lucios everywhere. We were just laughing for the longest time. Eventually everyone started switching characters but it was amazing while it lasted.
Something like this happened once. The match started with a few people choosing Hanzo, then they all started flashing Hanzo so everyone picked Hanzo including me. But then we all switched after dying.

D96

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
Something like this happened once. The match started with a few people choosing Hanzo, then they all started flashing Hanzo so everyone picked Hanzo including me. But then we all switched after dying.
It happens every once in a while, like if I see three people on my team insta-lock Genji I'll say "screw it" and pick him as well. The last two usually pick him and then we lose horribly, but it's fun while it lasts. I did have one match where we actually did win as all Genjis, which was phenomenal all around.

BypenThynDragon

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I had a match were we were all meis and we just walled them out of spawn.

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
It happens every once in a while, like if I see three people on my team insta-lock Genji I'll say "screw it" and pick him as well. The last two usually pick him and then we lose horribly, but it's fun while it lasts. I did have one match where we actually did win as all Genjis, which was phenomenal all around.
This happend to me twice in one match.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
How's about them Summer Games, eh?

EDIT: I love meme teams. Win or lose, they are a lot of fun. I remember one time we almost had all Symmertia. But two of our group bailed on us. Still, 4 of them was fun. Made picking which teleporter to use tricky.

Last edited:
Reactions: D96

Octavia

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Im really really REALLY salty about spending 40 dollars on crates and not getting Americree.

I decided to try to lower my sodium levels by playing more Mcree.

D96

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
I don't even use McCree that much but AmeriCree is so amazing that if I got him I'd start using him all the time. Personally I want to grab Mercy and D.Va's skins (mainly cause I play them most). I got Lucio's skin in the $10 worth of crates I grabbed, so I'm satisfied with that at least.