Overwatch

bearcatte

they're good dogs, brent
Backers' Beta Tester
Apr 19, 2017
kansas city, mo
Regardless of how you feel she fits into the lore, she is by far the cutest thing in Overwatch. Fite me.
Oh yeah, I forgot, this is a ... horse site ;)

Kidding, of course! I think she is absolutely *adorable* but I mostly meant her mechanics and how she fits into the game competitively. I think she's a great fit lore-wise and I love her design and adorable animations! :3

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Thethhron

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Apr 18, 2017
D. Va main here. I was excited for Orisa, and I love her ability to manipulate the battlefield. BUt somehow, she still feels weak. Not her gun, just overall

crispyruffles

Addicted to Skullgirls til this comes out
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I wish I could play Overwatch, but my pc is too crappy and can't play it.

Shadowking58

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New York
www.youtube.com
Hope ya'all don't mind if I show off some of the loot I got from the Uprising Event so far (as of 4/22/2017)

Some minor mentions:
D.VA's "Not taking me seriously" voice line
Genji's "Life and Death" voice line
Mei's "Science This" voice line
Reindhart's "Unstoppable" voice line
Sombra's "I'd love to stay and chat" voice line
Torbjorn's "Poor Craftsman" and "Just start hammering" voice lines
Zenyatta's "Where you're headed" voice line

Reactions: Klint

bearcatte

they're good dogs, brent
Backers' Beta Tester
Apr 19, 2017
kansas city, mo
I have a Widowmaker "smurf" that I play so I really want the Legendary skin on that account, but I've got nearly 9k credits on my main just waiting to be spent. Not sure if I'll end up spending on the legendaries this time -- I got Tracer's already, and I have Witch Mercy so ... hmm~

Swasfews

Mostly Quiet
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
All of the dance emotes are dumb and great but none of the new skins are really doing it for me. Maybe Pharah's but I don't think I'd use it over Anubis anyway.

D96

Michigan Wolverines Fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
The new dance emotes are fantastic, and I also love that Sombra and Orisa finally got their sitting and laughing emotes. As a D.Va main, I feel spoiled with all these legendaries for her over the past few months!

Also, I just discovered Total Mayhem and it is hilariously stupid. You haven't lived until you've seen a flying Winston dropping shields all over the map.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
The new dance emotes are fantastic, and I also love that Sombra and Orisa finally got their sitting and laughing emotes. As a D.Va main, I feel spoiled with all these legendaries for her over the past few months!

Also, I just discovered Total Mayhem and it is hilariously stupid. You haven't lived until you've seen a flying Winston dropping shields all over the map.
It's pure magic it is.

Midnight_Blitz

The Reason Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Somewhere, Out There
Kaplan won't give me my Mei dance, and it's really bothering me. I'm glad I have Pharah's and all, but that's the one thing I want from this event.

Also, Total Mayhem is nearly unbeatable for Offense. I've only seen it win it once to date. :/

Delusional Dreamer

Dreamer of Delusional Dreams
Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
I tried Doomfist on the PTR for a little yesterday, and he is crazy. His abilities give him mad mobility and lead to some really powerful combos. Others have said that he feels like a fighting game character and I'm inclined to agree, his gameplay really has that style to it, performing various ability combinations that can punch foes to the moon and back. His ult is really cool and feels that way too, although it does feel a little cheap to go invulnerable and be able to stalk someone for six seconds and then nuke them from orbit, moving to whichever part of the map you want in the process. I wonder how he'll affect the competitive meta? He's got some strong ways to supplement a good dive with his but I've heard from various sources that he can cause much grief to one too, seeing how he can tear through D.Va and Winston's shield barely effects him. From what I've read it sounds like Zarya pairs really well with him, being able bubble him when Doomfist has trouble in the backlines and set up potential wipes with their ultimates. Who am I kidding though, that's pretty much every flanker. On the topic of flanking, Sombra just completely ruins Doomfist's day, with one hack turning his Rocket Punch into a pimp slap. I can't wait to see what to be some of the pros do with him and how he will change the meta up.

Edit: Rewrote for clarity and ease of reading.

Last edited:

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I tried Doomfist on the PTR a little yesterday, and he is crazy. He's got mad amounts of mobility and some really interesting ability combinations. He's like a First-Person fighting game character, except I can play him without flailing around and hoping I blocked something correctly. I think he's going to have a mixed effect on the meta. Right now it looks like he can supplement a good dive with his mobility and burst but I've heard that he can shutdown certain key dive characters like D.Va. From what I've read it sounds like Zarya pairs really well with him, but on another note Sombra just completely anhilates him. It's gonna be interesting to see what everyone does with him.
Personally, after seeing how he works, suddenly Orisa makes a lot more sense. Like, most of her tool kit would screw and negate most of what Doomfist can do. Though I still think her ult is as random as all get out.

bibliodragon

Mashing the buttons!
Backers' Beta Tester
Jul 7, 2016
It's Christmas, and you know what that means. New lootcrate purchase temptations!

But I got Ana Owl in an arcade box, so no money from me this year Blizzard! You'll just have to cry into your moneybin full of my WoW subscriptions.
2017-12-16 (2).png

Salty Beef

Fau Con, at your service.
It's Christmas, and you know what that means. New lootcrate purchase temptations!

But I got Ana Owl in an arcade box, so no money from me this year Blizzard! You'll just have to cry into your moneybin full of my WoW subscriptions.
View attachment 2349
I got Symetra's little.. Christmas intro.... I don't play her. :I
I pretty much main Mercy and I still haven't gotten much for her.. whats up with that!?

bibliodragon

Mashing the buttons!
Backers' Beta Tester
Jul 7, 2016
I got Symetra's little.. Christmas intro.... I don't play her. :I
I pretty much main Mercy and I still haven't gotten much for her.. whats up with that!?
I have so many Hanzo skins. I cannot aim. If I was a suspicious person, I would say it calculates which character you play the least and then stack all the goodies on that one so you'll buy lootboxes.

It is a crime that once again Mercy did not get a Christmas angel skin.

Salty Beef

Fau Con, at your service.
I have so many Hanzo skins. I cannot aim. If I was a suspicious person, I would say it calculates which character you play the least and then stack all the goodies on that one so you'll buy lootboxes.

It is a crime that once again Mercy did not get a Christmas angel skin.

yeah I notived she doesn't have one! I have no idea why they didn't make one for her by now. I think you could be right about the lootboxes. although, I always assumed it was because they want to encourage people to play OTHER characters.

Reactions: bibliodragon

Mage

A Normal Person
Feb 26, 2017
Oblivion
So far I've only gotten one Christmas legendary. I'm not really expecting to get any more either, since I only got two during the Halloween event. I'm not exactly playing the game sparingly either. Why are you doing this to me, Lord Kaplan?

Oh well. At least it was one of the new ones, and one of my favorites of the new skins. A shame I don't really play the character though...