One Must Fall

Deteno

Moth Ambassador
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Orlando, Florida
Only fighting game I've ever actually beat and done relatively well with. One Must Fall is an old DOS fighting game about giant robots with all kinds of neat powers and stuff. I played it all the time as a kid and a couple years back I went back with DOS Box and finally beat it.

So I wanted to know if anyone else out there played this old game and if so what bot(s) did you favored.

When I was knee-high to a grasshopper I adored the Shadow bot and my "strategy" amounted to crouching in a corner and launching slide-kicking shadows of myself at the enemy. When I finally went back to it I played primarily as Gargoyle and got rather good! Well, good enough to beat the campaign mode thing. I beat that crazy final boss by cheesing the heck out of it, just an endless sequence of flying uppercuts and dive kicks over and over until that crazy Nova just stopped moving. XD

DataPacRat

Truthseeker
Crowdfund Backer
OMF has been my go-to whenever I wanted to install a fighting game for a little while.

I actually tended to prefer the default, some might even say 'wimpy', Jaguar. It didn't have much in the way of special abilities - a long-range blaster from the head, slow enough to be easily blocked or dodged; and if you jump over your opponent, you could grab them for an overhead throw - but once I got the timing down, I could run through the whole campaign mode. Seeing the relatively tiny mech overhead-throwing the oversized final bosses by flipping them into the walls was always kind of fun. :)

hawthornbunny

Fights like a cow
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Only fighting game I've ever actually beat and done relatively well with. One Must Fall is an old DOS fighting game about giant robots with all kinds of neat powers and stuff. I played it all the time as a kid and a couple years back I went back with DOS Box and finally beat it.

So I wanted to know if anyone else out there played this old game and if so what bot(s) did you favored.

When I was knee-high to a grasshopper I adored the Shadow bot and my "strategy" amounted to crouching in a corner and launching slide-kicking shadows of myself at the enemy. When I finally went back to it I played primarily as Gargoyle and got rather good! Well, good enough to beat the campaign mode thing. I beat that crazy final boss by cheesing the heck out of it, just an endless sequence of flying uppercuts and dive kicks over and over until that crazy Nova just stopped moving. XD
I don't remember ever playing it, but I do have the soundtrack. (I collect MOD format music ^^)

Zeropoint

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Oregon
Ooh, I remember playing OMF. I seem to recall that I only ever had the demo version, though.

Muro

Fight me in Skullgirls
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Poland
steamcommunity.com
I'm always amazed whenever someone knows about One Must Fall 2097 in this day and age.

Actually one of my favourite fighting games of all time. Loved it as a wee lad and still return to it once a year or two to play through the tournament mode (something I'd very much like to see explored/recreated in another fighting game at some point). The three HARs most up my alley would probably be Jaguar, Shadow and Nova.

Reactions: Sutekh94