1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On Pre-NDA lift Patches

Discussion in 'News' started by ManeSix, Sep 11, 2017.

1. ManeSix

ManeSix The Powers that Be
    Staff Member Mane6 Developer

Hello everyone!

We just wanted to let people know that folks in the $40 and above tiers should be seeing a beefy update to the game either tonight or tomorrow, unless "act of God"-tier catastrophes (e.g Hurricanes, 8.2 earthquakes, state-wide fires) intervene, that is. Amongst the customary tweaks, fixes and features, this next update introduces the first iteration of single player Arcade Mode to the game, so please give it a try and throw us some feebdack in the Beta sections of the forums. It also contains the Full Dynamic Music System experience, with all character/stage variations available to listen to as you pummel ungulates. Then the next major patch (somewhere this week) will be focusing on introducing fullscreen mode and screen resolution changes, as well as several QoL fixes to Pixel Lobby and menu navigation.

All of this in prepration for NDA lift for Backer's Beta, which will be happening on Friday, September 15. More information on what NDA lift entails (i.e. what is and what's not allowed) will be forthcoming as the lift itself happens.

For the folks that haven't been able to participate in the closed Backer's Beta, NDA lift means you'll be getting your first-in-a-while look at all the game progress made since we entered the Beta from people streaming their experience, making videos and (hopefully!) bringing it to their local cons and tournaments. You might be noticing some rough edges here and there, but mechanically, the base game's mostly there, and all that remains is filling the graphical blanks and polish the corners a bit. We're (as usual), working full time to make sure that happens.

From NDA Lift onwards, we enter the very last bits of development on the road to the 1.0 public release (the Available-on-Steam launch, that is), which, unless the aforementioned catastrophes strike (and we hope they don't), will be happening before 2017 comes to a close, with DLC 1 (Goat) and Mac/Linux ports coming in the first half of 2018.

We've also got some other stuff cookin', which, if all things align properly, means good things for TFH in the future, and which we'll hopefully be able to tell you guys about a bit closer to 1.0 release.

As always, thanks for sticking with us through all of the game's development; We hope you like what you see!

- M6.

#1 ManeSix, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  2. CorvidoftheStorms

CorvidoftheStorms Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

Hopefully you guys will be getting enough sleep this week.

3. ManeSix

What is this sleep thing you speak of?

4. CorvidoftheStorms

CorvidoftheStorms Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

I mean hopefully your energy drink and coffee reserves are at optimal levels.

5. Brainz

Brainz Luna's Angels
    Backers' Beta Tester

Great news! Keep up the amazing work!

PinkieFTW likes this.
  6. OCisbestungulate

OCisbestungulate Always watching you
    Backers' Beta Tester

"For the folks that haven't been able to participate in the closed Backer's Beta, NDA lift means you'll be getting your first-in-a-while look at all the game progress made since we entered the Beta from people streaming their experience, making videos and (hopefully!) bringing it to their local cons and tournaments. You might be noticing some rough edges here and there, but mechanically, the base game's mostly there, and all that remains is filling the graphical blanks and polish the corners a bit. We're (as usual), working full time to make sure that happens."

To clarify, does that mean we can share what we've seen and discussed about the beta up to this point? For example, if we have a beta channel on a discord server, could we open it up for everyone to read and comment in?

Delusional Dreamer and PinkieFTW like this.
  7. Jeanette

Jeanette Mystique.pins
    Backers' Beta Tester

I can not seem to find a link to download the beta for this game. can anyone link it to me? Or point me in the right direction? thank you. >..<~

8. ManeSix

That falls on the "what is and isn't allowed" clarification, details of which are to come up on Friday.

Short answer, though: Footage (videos/screenshots/etc) from builds released while NDA is in effect are most likely to be still covered by NDA, even after the lift, since the entire point of it was to keep the too-unfinished footage from making the rounds 'round the web.

9. ManeSix

Here's a step-by-step guide on redeeming beta keys, let us know if you still have any issues after following through that.

Delusional Dreamer likes this.
  10. OCisbestungulate

OCisbestungulate Always watching you
    Backers' Beta Tester

Gotcha. Thanks for gettin' back to me.

11. Jeanette

Jeanette Mystique.pins
    Backers' Beta Tester

Thank you very much. I will try it later tonight. ^..^~

PinkieFTW likes this.
  12. sokolgs

sokolgs TFH Streamer

As i PM'd before my Everfree Festival's tournament supposed to be on 17-th of September, but it's so close... I have to find a way to get the game running there...
    If i fail, then we're gonna have a tournament with the previous game. That's no cool in such a time.
    Also there's another DerpFest with our tournament in 4-th November. :aricool:

13. Redness

Redness The Class Pet

I look away from the forums for 5 seconds and something important like this is posted. xD

14. SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz Where there is smoke, there is fire!
    Backers' Beta Tester

OH GAWD ARCADE MODE and the dynamic music, nice~ Are the last of the animations gonna get cleaned up too, either in the first patch or the second one? Either way, I'm excited.

And don't think I didn't notice this part. What're you guys hidin :3

#14 SmokeRulz, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  15. Rodya

Rodya kaksoispiste dee

Good thing that last week's earthquake was like 9 megatons shy of the specified limit, otherwise we wouldn't have a NDA lift.
    On topic, will a beta section on the forum become visible to non beta-testers after the lift? (Maybe not the current one, just to allow people without purple banners to witness the feebdack process or something) Or will this be included in friday's clarification?

PinkieFTW likes this.
  16. CamTSB

CamTSB 死の匂いか?
    Staff Member Mane6 QA

This will be clarified. Simply put, as stated above, the whole NDA was to keep the super broken or unfinished parts out of public eye. Making the beta forums visible contradicts that completely.

17. Cera Cyannis

Cera Cyannis Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

Oks, looking forward to the amazing work.

PinkieFTW likes this.
  18. Lanxide

Lanxide I wish I was cool

Any updates on this yet?

PinkieFTW likes this.
  19. Redness

Redness The Class Pet

I'm still astounded that the NDA is about to lift! :arilove:

20. Nye Thurmond

Nye Thurmond Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

Lemme go ahead and start my streaming setup now...

21. Rodya

Rodya kaksoispiste dee

Don't tease us, dude. Getting impatient will only make this week feel eternal.

PinkieFTW and Ferettoko like this.
  22. SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz Where there is smoke, there is fire!
    Backers' Beta Tester

Patience, grasshopper, you only have a few more days and the floodgates will open. The music is delicious and worth the wait.

PinkieFTW likes this.
  23. Rayem

Rayem Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

I physically squeed* on sheer muscle reaction while reading the post. I got well deserved stares from around the room. My skills may not be ready, yet I am prepared.

PinkieFTW likes this.
  24. Erkicman

Erkicman Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

I totally didn't realize this thread wasn't in the Beta Forum. I legitimately feel bad right now

Rodya and PinkieFTW like this.
  25. Cyberfox VII

Cyberfox VII Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

Out of curiosity, what about in the far future, when the well-polished version has become widespread enough that it's the first thing anyone would ever see of the game? Would releasing pre-NDA lift footage be allowed then?

PinkieFTW likes this.
  26. neopokekun

neopokekun Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

Any chance of an Mane6 NDA-lifiting stream?

27. lovesnhugs

lovesnhugs Crowdfund Backer
    Crowdfund Backer

new question: the NDA end this friday to 00:00 hour in pacific time, or... need wait a annonce during the day?

PinkieFTW and Ferettoko like this.
  28. super hurricane

super hurricane Well-Known Member

When you say Arcade Mode, you mean with a Game Over screen, followed by a countdown clock in which you have to put in something to replay at your last saved point, right? Like with each fight you get prize money, but if you lose, your collection gets smaller if you choose to continue?

PinkieFTW likes this.
  29. edzepp

edzepp Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

the patch ready guys?

30. MSTieScott

MSTieScott Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

I'd assume not, since it hasn't been uploaded yet.

Does the NDA prevent me from discussing misinformation about features that aren't included in the game? For example, Oleander's move that causes her opponent to grow an extra foreleg, making dashes impossible, currently doesn't work on Arizona when she's performing her methane attack.

PinkieFTW, B. D. Turtle and Rodya like this.