Oleander Google Doc

Penny

Feb 22, 2018
Hey Guys, my name is Penny, and I've been a bit of a lab monster for a few years now.

First character I'm learning and labbing is Oleander, and I'm trying to compile a bunch of combos and tech here:
Oleander Doc

I'm gonna be updating this all night with a bunch of stuff, and I'm hoping I can get some help too

If you guys wanna add anything to the doc, post it here or let me know so I can make you an editor.

Hope this helps!

Ave

Aug 15, 2017
Ive been Labbing with her for the past couple of hours,
i'll be posting combos/tech with her on my twitter,
but here's the stuff that i've made so far

2.1k corner 1stock/1bar

2k corner 1stock/1bar

I'll try and frequent the board often and post what i can find,liking the character so far so anything to help

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Ave

Aug 15, 2017
Oleander 2.2k Corner Spark loop
1bar/1stock
Inputs:
j.c > 2.c > 3.c > j.c > j.236c > Jump Cancel > j.c > j.236c > j.c > 3.c >j.c > j.236c > Jump Cancel > j.c > j.236c > j.c > 5.a(2) > 2.b > 2.c > 236d > Super

looks pretty cool too

ph00tbag

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 19, 2016
Maximum damage combos typically start with j.2C. As far as in-game applicability, ymmv--some players will build their game plan around poking with j.2C and win off damage output alone, others will rely on building up to 2 meter and getting the best win-con in the game onscreen.

Penny

Feb 22, 2018
Maximum damage combos typically start with j.2C. As far as in-game applicability, ymmv--some players will build their game plan around poking with j.2C and win off damage output alone, others will rely on building up to 2 meter and getting the best win-con in the game onscreen.
I know you get more time before scaling off the jump in, starting with a crouch light is just what I"m used to from so many games since its usually the most common hit you can get. I haven't played enough of this game to really see if its true here though, I know in dbfz you start combos with crouch medium.

ph00tbag

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 19, 2016
You'll definitely start a lot of combos with 2A. Low profile is super powerful in this game, and the dearth of true DPs means 2A is often your go-to defensive option. But when you're on offense, j.2C and j.B are usually going to be your jump-ins depending on situation and preference.

Last edited:

Ave

Aug 15, 2017
I find that people resort to chicken block Oleander when she's without stock heavily since at that point she has no /real/ pressure Offensively.
I agree that 2.a is surprisingly underrated,stagger 2.a being one of the best offensive options if you have them in blockstun
Thankfully if the players neutral is decent then you can play semi aggro with just j.c and j.m alone,but ive got to try j.2a from what you're saying and see how i feel about it. Also j.m is the GOD button tbh
It seems a bit easier to stuff jump-in's with 2.m than with 6.a,so that plays a factor against certain matches,i've found it working best against Tianhuo and Arizona currently,even if 6.a has a high vertical hitbox
i find 2.m a better button overall

Ave

Aug 15, 2017
Oleander Fuzzy
Just in case anyone asks why this works best against Paprika and *Arizona:
papi's lvl 1 super will wiff on mash

Last edited:

Ave

Aug 15, 2017
Oleander 3k double Dark Spark corner combo 2bar/2stock
Inputs:j.2c > Jump Cancel > j.b > 2.b > 3.c > j.c > 236a > 214a > Jump Cancel > j.c > d > j.c > j.a > j.b > j.c > 236a > 214a > Jump Cancel > d > j.c > 2.b > 2.c > 236a > 214a > Super > 236a > 236d > super
Also @Penny are you the only one that can edit the doc?

Penny

Feb 22, 2018
For now, but I can give you permission if you'd like. Also can you combo off that fuzzy without fred? That looks sick lol

Ave

Aug 15, 2017
yes you can combo without,her normals are pretty far reaching.
also yeah i would like to be able to edit,since im steady trying to improve,so what i find ill make sure to note in the doc
also here's 1stock/no meter 2k corner

Apr 18, 2017
I'm trying to create practical combos for Oleander. This is my first one that I've finished:
1210 meterless midscreen bnb from 2A starter. You can always get 1 magic off this, if not more depending on if they tech towards you or not.
From what I've tested, the most viable blockstring is 2A 5B 5C because you can cancel into 3C or fireball on reaction, so that's what I used in this combo.

Pheonix

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
May 24, 2017
Was able to find this 1.9k midscreen with Oleander, 1 meter 1 magic.

Last edited:
Reactions: WereWeasel42

Red Witch

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
May 12, 2017
Why are y'all posting combo routes on Twitter and not using the in-game Combo Trial function to let players add them into the game? You have the doc, might as well make Dropbox links or something.