Oleander Fred Pull Bug?

Deathscar

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Oct 17, 2016
I've been trying for a while now to land Fred's 2D (Down Magic) air-pull into ground bounce consistently. However, it just seems to keep messing up. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just hits them without grabbing and causes a hard knockdown. Even when I do a simple launcher > 2D it's extremely inconsistent. I was wondering if I missed something? Is there a way to consistently get the pull > ground bounce?

Note: Fred's Infinite Timer is on cause its training mode. Just wondering if it might be a bug due to how long Fred is out.

Falco

Ace Pilot
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Australia
I've been trying for a while now to land Fred's 2D (Down Magic) air-pull into ground bounce consistently. However, it just seems to keep messing up. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just hits them without grabbing and causes a hard knockdown. Even when I do a simple launcher > 2D it's extremely inconsistent. I was wondering if I missed something? Is there a way to consistently get the pull > ground bounce?

Note: Fred's Infinite Timer is on cause its training mode. Just wondering if it might be a bug due to how long Fred is out.
Sounds like the no ground bounce variant is non-charged 2D. Does it just strikes them instead of wrapping around and slamming them down?
I don't use 2D enough to know if it hard knockdowns with non-charged 2D so maybe my answer is unrelated.

Deathscar

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Oct 17, 2016
Sounds like the no ground bounce variant is non-charged 2D. Does it just strikes them instead of wrapping around and slamming them down?
I don't use 2D enough to know if it hard knockdowns with non-charged 2D so maybe my answer is unrelated.
What do you mean charged and non-charged 2D? Command list says that Fred only has one type of attack per direction. Is there a different version of Fred's 2D? And yeah, that's really the problem. It just strikes them down instead of wrapping around them. I've tested with the same height, same execution and it sometimes strikes them down and sometimes does the ground bounce.

Ebvert

Mega-Absol Potential Molester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Neuquen, Argentina
What do you mean charged and non-charged 2D? Command list says that Fred only has one type of attack per direction. Is there a different version of Fred's 2D? And yeah, that's really the problem. It just strikes them down instead of wrapping around them. I've tested with the same height, same execution and it sometimes strikes them down and sometimes does the ground bounce.
Fred's attacks can be charged, that means you can hold up the button and they will have bigger startup, but they'll gain more damage and different properties.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer