Obscure Fighting Games

NimbusArchon

Professional Lurker
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
People don't talk much about Garou: Mark of the Wolves. It's a shame, because it might be one of my favorite fighters. I've been attempting to get better at it on Fightcade, but I'm pretty much constantly destroyed. The Fightcade crowd is hardcore.

Barbaloot

Bringer of sorrow and also donuts.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wisconsin
Not exactly obscure, but is very underplayed and underappreciated: Divekick.

Divekick is a weird gimmicky sort of game, but through it's simplicity it offers an ocean of depth. It's a great game, and the big tourny names still play the game regularly within themselves and are very welcoming to new players.

Oscarglez93

The best mid tier you'll encounter
Feb 3, 2016
I don't know what you mean by obscure but I asume you are talking about games that almost no one knows, I'll leave some fatalities from a game I used to play back then that had the gameplay of your average anime fighting game, some MUGEN mechanics and fused with Mortal Kombat (warning: contains a lot of blood)

Reactions: Rich Jammer

Shamash-Nui

Whaler Master
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Dragon Blast:
Axel City:
Big Bang Beat:
Hinokakera

and much more but is enough for now =)

but... this is a little special, is still in progress:
Dream vs. Dream

Proxyvirus

That Dragonshy Person
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Austin, TX
Hmmmm would Bloody Roar count? Everytime I mention it to ppl no one remembers it. If I would recall it's the first fighter I played that didn't have a move list, so you were goin out there blind as hell til u learn the combos.

darahalian

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Megabyte Punch (website, steam)

A fun little fighting game with lots of similarities to Smash Bros, but your character is a robot made entirely out of interchangeable parts that give you different abilities and that you acquire by beating other robots.

Proxyvirus

That Dragonshy Person
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Austin, TX
Megabyte Punch (website, steam)

A fun little fighting game with lots of similarities to Smash Bros, but your character is a robot made entirely out of interchangeable parts that give you different abilities and that you acquire by beating other robots.
Dood this game kinda reminds me of metabots, I gotta try this~

Reactions: darahalian

xCROOKEDx

Strongest Bee in the World!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Vanguard Princess is sort of obscure.
Then there's Guilty Gear Isuka, which is also kind of obscure (despite being a Guilty Gear game).

However, to truly add to this thread:
Terrordrome
Wonderful World
E's Laf

Laurel Crown

Leader of the Proud Nation of Velvetia
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Dond Dong Never Die! count? It's obscure? Bad game? Random things you can love?

I knew about it through Best Friends Play.
I wouldn't call it a bad game. While it's very random, it actually looked polished and nicely made for a low-budget game considering they photoshopped each frame of every character (and the roster has 30 characters).

Furemu

The Great Unmoving Library of Memes
Feb 3, 2016
NYC, Easy Coast , USA ,
Rival schools 2 / Project justice In my opinion is the most underrated fighting game ever. only the Street fighter ex series comes close. A 3d Fighter with MvC mechanics is the Best way to describe it

Laurence

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
Spokane
Part obscure, part just old, I remember playing Time Killers, a cheesy fighter that featured the ability to lop of your opponents limbs and even, if timed correctly, get a one hit kill with a decapitation attack. Not the greatest of games by any means, but it was mindless fun and all right for its time (early 90s, if my memory serves me right).

Reactions: Surrui

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Part obscure, part just old, I remember playing Time Killers, a cheesy fighter that featured the ability to lop of your opponents limbs and even, if timed correctly, get a one hit kill with a decapitation attack. Not the greatest of games by any means, but it was mindless fun and all right for its time (early 90s, if my memory serves me right).
GLORY TO TIME KILLERS.

My favorite thing was to try and do the death attack with the Samurai after both of his arms had been chopped off.

That game also had blood for dayz...

Zekira Drake

Burrito's burritos
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Digimon Rumble Arena counts here, right? In my bored time I try to treat it like a serious fighting game, noting things like how there's virtually no blockstun but there's block recovery, very few moves OTG, Gatomon is top-tier, Renamon is low-tier, etc.

xCROOKEDx

Strongest Bee in the World!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016

Waku Waku 7
On that note, Galaxy Fight: Universal Warriors, which is a sort-of predecesor to Waku Waku 7. Both have the catgirl character Roomie in it. (CATGIRLOVE4LYFE) Galaxy Fight: Universal Warriors is known to be ridiculously difficult.

Battle Arena: Toshinden / Toshinden Series. I really like BAT2, and played it a ton growing up. Some of the special motions are absolutely :bark::bark::bark::bark:ing stupid, though. I actually bought it new on PC recently for like $5 from Amazon, but I can't install it because I have no disc drive on my new laptop ;===;

Vs. Yes, it's name is Vs. I would certainly call this next one obscure, and possibly shitty, however I've never played it. It's a PS1 3D fighter in the vein of Tekken and BAT. One of the characters is a pimp in a purple suit. No, I'm not kidding, nor could I make this up if I tried.

Someoneman

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
E's Laf is a pretty good game. I'm also hyped for its sequel, Tower of Unbirth.