Nintendo NX

DeathTheGordon

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
Scotland
I've been thinking on upgrading up to the New 3DS for a while now not least because of the recent Pokemon Sun and Moon announcement, but the main reason I'm hesitant is the NX.

Of course I'll want the best experience of Sun and Moon when they come out but at the same time I don't want to buy a system that will only be used for weeks rather than months or years so what does everyone else think, will the NX be compatible with 3DS games or Wii U games and what sort of capabilities do you think it will have when it comes out. Also do you think the portable version will come with a charge cable.

A88mph

Game Maker and Starship Captain.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
a88mph.itch.io
Even now, I think it's too soon to tell. If you're still hesitant, I would wait till E3. They should finally explain what the NX is at that time.

DeathTheGordon

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
Scotland
Even now, I think it's too soon to tell. If you're still hesitant, I would wait till E3. They should finally explain what the NX is at that time.
I know it's a bit soon I thought it would be good to see what everyone was thinking about it before any real details were given by Nintendo, and see how they change as those details come out. :)

Anthony Rothstein

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
United Kingdom
I don't see the point really in getting a "New" 3DS at this stage if you've already got an original one. And if you have neither, i'd certainly suggest just picking up a cheap second hand 3DS or 3DS XL for Sun & Moon. We've got real idea what the NX is. So don't wait for it. Will it play 3DS games? Will it play WiiU games? Will it have no backwards compatibility, which is mightly unlikely but for all we know it might just have an online store.