Nintendo General

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
This is a thread for the average everyday Nintendo fan

For talking about their franchises, their consoles, exchanging friend codes and usernames, etc.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the NX. Early details sound pretty promising so far.

Reactions: Super jorsour64

StopShot

But can you poni-poni-poni?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
An Alternate Timeline
I play Super Mario, Kirby, Pokémon, and a bit of Legend of Zelda. I've played on Nintendo consoles growing up starting with the Gameboy Advance and Ninendo GameCube. Those two devices I had loads of good memories with~ <3

Reactions: Gamerdude854

DShou

Tianhuo is Best Longma
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
dshou.deviantart.com
Stuck on Super Mario Maker whenever I have the time, I make such trash levels Oh man

I'll share my wiiu FC later when I can
I've a 3ds too, but haven't been playing anything on it lately

On another note, I can't wait to get splatoon, hyrule warriors, and xenoblade chronicles X someday

Reactions: Gamerdude854

Ultra Lucky Cat

Best Felyne Food Skill
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I haven't played my Wii U in a while. Loved what little of Splatoon I've managed to play, but my internet doesn't like my Wii U. Occasionally I pop in Super Mario 3D World to get whatever I'm missing, all that's left is beating it with every character.

On my 3DS I'm slightly more active with Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, I'm pretty much down to hunt anything with anyone.

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
I haven't played my Wii U in a while. Loved what little of Splatoon I've managed to play, but my internet doesn't like my Wii U. Occasionally I pop in Super Mario 3D World to get whatever I'm missing, all that's left is beating it with every character.

On my 3DS I'm slightly more active with Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, I'm pretty much down to hunt anything with anyone.
Yo! Let's play MH4U!

Ultra Lucky Cat

Best Felyne Food Skill
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sure, I can't play right now, but here's my Friend Code 5327 0971 1316. I usually appear offline, but hit me up and I'll get online.

leslichu

Wombo Combo Enthusiast
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
My WiiU's been seeing a ton of action lately with me obsessing over Smash haha. Pit and Kirby lead me to victory!

Reactions: Geno

Siyray

An Artist he thinks
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
alixnight.deviantart.com
How far are you in Xenoblade? I'm like close to the Life-hold and nearly level 50.
I'm not that far. I'm only lv12 and doing some grinding to feel more comfortable with exploring.
Like I said, I haven't had much time to play. I really want to get to the point I can get a mech.

Also speaking of grinding. Where is a good spot for me to grind at my lv?

Dismal Dimwit

The Duke of Derp
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Oh, I haven't played any of my Nintendo games in months. I feel so ashamed. Last game I was playing was Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, but I put it down half way through 'cause I had burned myself out on it. Fun game, though the character portraits and dialog is a tad too anime when compared to a lot of the other games in the series.

In hindsight, perhaps I should have given Castlevania a small break after spending a couple weeks playing through Order of Ecclasia, too much of a good thing, and all that.

Other than that, I haven't had much extra cash to get any new games, only cheap used games or things on sale. I'd love to get Splatoon, Mario Maker, and Sm4sh, but I can't justify dropping $60 on a single game right now. I also kinda need to get an external hard drive for my Wii U before I can get anything from the eShop. The system memory is already full. I blame the Mario Kart 8 DLC for that.

linkster

Certified Paprika Main™
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I plan on grabbing Fire Emblem Awakening soon, since I never really had a chance to grab it until recently. Anyone else really enjoy Fire Emblem?

Dismal Dimwit

The Duke of Derp
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'd highly recommend all three of those. Though if you had to pick one. I'd go with either Splatoon or Mario Maker. Both of those are high addictive games.
Yeah, If I do decide to drop the money on one, it'll probably be Mario Maker. I played the demos for Sm4sh and Splatoon and they were both a blast, but I tend to favor platformers more than competitive games like shooters and fighters... which is why I backed a fighting game on Indigogo. LOGIC!

Saffron

The Inn Pony
Backers' Beta Tester
Yeah, If I do decide to drop the money on one, it'll probably be Mario Maker. I played the demos for Sm4sh and Splatoon and they were both a blast, but I tend to favor platformers more than competitive games like shooters and fighters... which is why I backed a fighting game on Indigogo. LOGIC!
I have had so much fun with Mario Maker. I have some highly voted levels. I should share some of them with you guys. If you do get the game let us know.

Reactions: Dismal Dimwit

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I plan on grabbing Fire Emblem Awakening soon, since I never really had a chance to grab it until recently. Anyone else really enjoy Fire Emblem?
I kinda wanna replay that one as well as the Sacred Stones, but I'm gonna upgrade to the new 3ds before I do. My 3ds has really started to show its age lately :(

Necroceine

One Fiery Birdie
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Connecticut, USA
I do, but I've only played Awakening and some of the original. I'd like to play more, but I haven't gone looking or anything.
Also I have Splatoon and Super Smash Bros for Wii U, where I am still Necroceine. Feel free to add me.

StopShot

But can you poni-poni-poni?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
An Alternate Timeline
Has anyone else here been playing Pokemon Super Mystery Dundeon lately? I haven't finished the story mode, so don't spoil. I'm playing as Snivy and my partner pokemon is Fennekin. ^u^

Reactions: TwistedSheep

linkster

Certified Paprika Main™
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I kinda wanna replay that one as well as the Sacred Stones, but I'm gonna upgrade to the new 3ds before I do. My 3ds has really started to show its age lately :(
Ugh, tell me about an aging 3ds. I had mine since day 1, and bits of it were starting to come off. I did get a new one recently though. Sacred Stones was my first FE, but its by far my favorite, although I have only played 7, 8, 10, and 11. When I saw I could grab it again for the Wii U, there was nothing else I could have wanted.

TheTrainingDummy

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
California
Has anyone else here been playing Pokemon Super Mystery Dundeon lately? I haven't finished the story mode, so don't spoil. I'm playing as Snivy and my partner pokemon is Fennekin. ^u^
I have it 100% completed. All connections, every dungeon explored. I even have that gold badge thing on my save file. The only thing I haven't really done is the meowth theater dungeons. If you need a rescue at anytime I would be glad to do it.

I thought it was pretty good, but emeras/wands are both fun and kind of overpowered.

I chose Mudkip and Cyndaquil.

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Ugh, tell me about an aging 3ds. I had mine since day 1, and bits of it were starting to come off. I did get a new one recently though. Sacred Stones was my first FE, but its by far my favorite, although I have only played 7, 8, 10, and 11. When I saw I could grab it again for the Wii U, there was nothing else I could have wanted.
I've had mines since April 2011, so it's definitely old. I've already had to replace the battery because the last one gave way. But the new battery isn't as good as the old one (my 3ds can't go 20 minutes now without having to be charged), so I finally decided to upgrade to a new one soon.

I've got the first FE game boy advance game on my wiiu (gotta finish it though) and the sacred stones on my 3ds, and I'm planning on exploring some of the older titles eventually.

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I have the Majoras Mask new 3DS and I love it. I think they still have some of the other Zelda ones.
Last I checked the MM one was out of stock online. And that was a few days ago. I kinda want that one too.

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
I'm not that far. I'm only lv12 and doing some grinding to feel more comfortable with exploring.
Like I said, I haven't had much time to play. I really want to get to the point I can get a mech.

Also speaking of grinding. Where is a good spot for me to grind at my lv?
Grinding at level 12 hmm. I dunno. When I was at that level I just did level 12 affinity missions then moved on to the story mission. I only felt the need to grind at level 30 and 40.

Getting a skell also you need to be at least level 20 and you need to go further in the story. Then an affinity mission will show up with the name something like "Getting Skell License" You need to do 8 mini quests to get the license. Google is your friend, you're gonna need it for some of these missions.

Discord Sparkle

Witch of Doom
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hope's Peak Academy
I beat the story. I was a Froakie and my partner was a Treecko. The game annoyed me a lot so I didn't do any of the post-story. I get two TMs for this Chandelure and then it's never available when I need it. So annoying...

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I wish I had the money to replace my 3DS with a new one, but funds are a bit on the low side for me, what with no disposable income and all.
Buy a lottery scratcher and hope you win big. It's usually what I do, and I end up winning a few bucks.

Bleighost

The ghost with the most
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Been playing loads of Splatoon. Mostly messing around with friends in private rooms but I play a good bit of ranked too. If any of you want to squad or have fun in private lobbies my nnid is tjtj12

CosmicDashie

Dank may-mays
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Canadia
Hey I picked that up on launch, its actually really good so far, much better than gates to infinity turned out

Also all these people playing splatoon, I need to play splatoon one of these days and actually get somewhere with it ;-;

But for reals, I cant wait to get my hands on this gorgeous thing

Got mah pre order down for it and all. gonna be a really nice addition to my collection