New Soundtrack Availability

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
We’re excited to announce new availability for both the "Best Of" and "Complete Recordings" soundtrack collections for Them’s Fightin’ Herds. There’s a lot of particulars, so let’s begin with a short summary:

First, the “Best Of” collection may now be purchased here on Steam. Previously it was available via the musicians’ Bandcamp site (and it still is). It’s priced the same on both sites: $9.99 USD (subject to regional pricing on Steam).

Second, the “Complete Recordings” collection may now be purchased (for the first time ever), via Bandcamp. It’s split into separate packs that group tracks together by stage or feature, to make it possible to acquire smaller parts of the greater collection. Each individual pack costs $1.99 USD. We don’t have a bundle offering at this time.

Have specific questions? Craving details? Please, read on...

FAQs

What’s the difference between the two collections?
The “Best Of” collection is our general-purpose soundtrack that contains all base stage themes, character themes, pixel lobby BGMs, title/menu BGMs, and a bonus Reine City chiptune track. It’s an easy-listening “traditional”-style album with 22 tracks (at the time of this writing).

The “Complete Recordings” collection encompasses absolutely every single variation of every track we use for the game’s Dynamic Music System, including all unique character themes for each of the stages and character select, in both looping and non-looping mixes.

I’m a crowdfund backer. Where do I get my soundtrack rewards?
As always, crowdfund backers who earned either of the soundtrack collections through rewards can retrieve them by logging into Backerkit.

Do these collections include high-quality audio formats?
Yes. All official soundtrack collections have both MP3 and FLAC formats. On Steam, the FLACs are an optional download.

Why is the “Complete Recordings” collection only available on Bandcamp?
The main reason we decided to do it this way was to avoid clogging up the market with too many SKUs. We feel it’s clearer to have the “Best Of” collection presented as “the soundtrack” while offering a central place to buy individual “Complete Recordings” packs if desired.

Will more tracks be added over time?
Yes. The game is still in development. As new music debuts (for example: in story mode chapters), we’ll expand the “Best Of” collection for no additional charge on Bandcamp and Steam. iTunes users will have to pay for the new tracks individually (sorry, there’s nothing we can do about that, it’s an Apple thing).

When a new track set becomes available, the dynamic variations will be gathered into a pack for the “Complete Recordings” collection to be released as a separate purchase.

Crowdfund backers will of course continue to receive track expansions according to their reward tier through Backerkit completely free of additional charge.

What happened to the pixel lobby track expansion on iTunes and Spotify?
At the time of this writing, we are still waiting for the musicians’ distribution “label” to add the latest tracks to those platforms. We are working on it and apologize for the delay. The process of releasing music on major platforms like those is more complicated than one might expect. When they finally do go through, we will make another announcement. Hopefully next time it will not take months.

Who gets the money from soundtrack sales?
100% of the proceeds from soundtrack sales (after platform fees) go directly to the musicians: Stuart Ferguson and Whitetail.

So ends the FAQ section. Thanks for your support, and enjoy the moosic.

headbang.gif

Atkana

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 1, 2017
Only the Best Of soundtrack is showing up for me on Backerkit. What should I do?

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
Only the Best Of soundtrack is showing up for me on Backerkit. What should I do?
Can you check what level you backed at? The Best Of soundtrack starts at $40, but the Complete Recordings starts somewhere around $90 and isn't included in all of the higher-than-that tiers.

Atkana

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 1, 2017
Can you check what level you backed at? The Best Of soundtrack starts at $40, but the Complete Recordings starts somewhere around $90 and isn't included in all of the higher-than-that tiers.
Ah, that'd be why. Didn't know there were multiple soundtrack tiers :c

WindBreaker

Looking to get back into fighting games.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 9, 2018
Earth
Any idea why RainbowCrash88 has been changing his name over the years? It used to be RainbowCrash88, then it was RC88, and now he changed it to Stuart Ferguson. I'm pretty sure it's the same person as back then. If it weren't for the old songs being what they were, he would never have been noticed. A bit of legacy to the name makes it worth more. After all, talking heads on the internet like Sargon of Akkad, Count Dankula, and Styxxenhammer666 still preserve their usernames despite their real names being known, and the fact that they're doing things like running for political office.

It just seems strange, and faintly insulting, that someone would try to purge their past activities while still profiting from them.

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
Any idea why RainbowCrash88 has been changing his name over the years? It used to be RainbowCrash88, then it was RC88, and now he changed it to Stuart Ferguson.
RC88 is just an abbreviation of RainbowCrash88, and Stuart Ferguson is his actual name. There is nothing here to be insulted by.

ph00tbag

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 19, 2016
Any idea why RainbowCrash88 has been changing his name over the years? It used to be RainbowCrash88, then it was RC88, and now he changed it to Stuart Ferguson.
Musicians often have a ton of aliases. It's pretty normal. Now what I have to wonder is why you're taking this opportunity to namedrop reactionary youtubers without context.

WindBreaker

Looking to get back into fighting games.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 9, 2018
Earth
Musicians often have a ton of aliases. It's pretty normal. Now what I have to wonder is why you're taking this opportunity to namedrop reactionary youtubers without context.
You're a strange person. I mentioned those youtubers because they've used the same name for years, they use their faces in their videos, and several of them have taken action in public events.

Please define exactly what "reactionary" means. It sound like it just means "anyone who at least sometimes discusses politics who isn't a member of a mainstream news channel" based on the handful of times I've heard to term before. Reaction. Sheesh. That's exactly what news discussion is. Something happens, and you react by talking to people about it.

Not having any kind of reaction to external stimuli is one of the tests doctors do to find out if a patient is dead, so it's always seemed like a worthless term used in bad faith to me.