New Forum Sections: Backers' Beta

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
In preparation for the upcoming Beta (as discussed here), we're adding three new sections (and one subsection) to the forums. We hope they're self explanatory.

At some point in the next 48 hours, if you're a backer in the crowdfund tiers $40 and above, you should start seeing new sections. They look like this:

BackerForums.png

They're closed to new posts for now, but still ready to go once the Backers' Beta starts running.

You should also be seeing your forum flair (the dark magenta banner under your avatar and username) replaced with a new purple one, which looks like this.

TesterFlair.png

If it's been 48 hours from this post (roughly 7pm pacific on wednesday), you're a backer on tiers $40 and above, but you can not see the flair on your profile, or the new sections in the forum, please post in this thread and we'll sort you out manually. If on the other hand, you're a backer under $40 and the system accidentally flagged you with the new flair, please let us know so we can fix the glitch in the system.. Be aware that having the forum flair accidentally enabled doesn't entitle you to beta access, as the keys will be distributed via backerkit, which logs the correct amounts for everyone.

Also be aware that these new forum sections don't mean the Backers' Closed Beta will start right away. We're just getting our ducks in a row in advance.

And because it's probably gonna come up: Mini FAQ time

Q: I'm a $40+ backer, but I can't see the new forums. Why?
A: The upgrade system works in batches. If it's past 7pm PT on Wed Apr 12, you can poke us on the referenced thread and we'll sort you out. Additionally, if you just registered, it might take up to 24 hours for your account to get upgraded.

Q: I'm a $40+ backer, but I don't have the new flair. Why?
A: See answer right above.

Q: I'm a backer in one of the tiers under $40, can I upgrade to get beta access?
A: Sorry, but that's not possible at this time! (and unlikely to be in the future)

Q: When does Backers' Beta start?
A: At some point between now and the future. We have rough estimates (as seen in linked thread), but no specific date yet. For the reasoning, see here.

Q: Is the Backers' Beta going to be under an NDA (Non disclosure agreement)?
A: Partially. We want to ensure we hammer the almost inevitable bugs on the first few days, NDA will be lifted for the later part of the Beta. We'll let you know when as things develop.

Q: What will be available during the Beta?
A: We're 90% sure of what will be in at the start and what won't, but want to be 120% sure we don't trip up, we'll let you know right before it starts.

Last edited:

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
System be tellin' me that 1272 people have been upgraded from "Crowdfund Backer" to "Backers' Beta Tester", so every BBT registered is the forums to date should now have view access to the BB forum sections. If you pledged more than $40, registered before today, and haven't been upgraded yet, give us a poke on the designated thread and we'll sort you out.

Rayne-The-Skunk

Dark Side Artist
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
"Q: Is the Backers' Beta going to be under an NDA (Non disclosure agreement)?
A: Partially. We want to ensure we hammer the almost inevitable bugs on the first few days, NDA will be lifted for the later part of the Beta. We'll let you know when as things develop."

So about this. I was waiting for beta cause I wanted to install it on my laptop take it to where I hangout and play it with friends immediately. Does this mean I'd have to wait for permission to do that? I'm not used to being under NDA.

Reactions: Tox

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
So about this. I was waiting for beta cause I wanted to install it on my laptop take it to where I hangout and play it with friends immediately. Does this mean I'd have to wait for permission to do that? I'm not used to being under NDA.
While you shouldn't take my word on it, it's not like M6 can do anything about this kind of sharing, and heck, at least you can test the couch multiplayer. NDA is usually enforced on the online front (Twitch, Youtube). Just remember to share every bug you guys find and tell them that this is beta, stuff can and will change and you should be okay. I think.

Never listen to me. Even I don't do it.

Last edited:

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
While you shouldn't take my word on it, it's not like M6 can do anything about this kind of sharing, and heck, at least you can test the couch multiplayer. NDA is usually enforced on the online front (Twitch, Youtube). Just remember to share every bug you guys find and tell them that this is beta, stuff can and will change and you should be okay. I think.
While this is technically correct, human decency comes into it and that's why Rayne was asking the question.

The obvious answer is we don't have details ironed out yet, expect those in the future.

As for sharing bugs, please use the Beta Bug Reports section of the forums for that.

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I see the new forums and I got my tasty new purple flair. Seems good so far.

WE'RE SO CLOSE NOW.

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
It's fine.
No, it's fine.
It's not like I wanted your stupid purple flair anyway. I mean it looks like most people on the forum have it... which is GOOD because that means now I'M the special one! I'm part of the exclusive red banner club! And I got to spend less money to do it! So what if I don't get to hang out in the cool kids room and play the beta and I have to miss out on a bunch of stuff that you'll all be doing as a community. At least I have. Red.
Maybe I'll start my own forum. That'll show 'em.
no_girls_allowed-225.jpg

CactusPearGamer

Sheep Dude
Banished to the Hold
Feb 4, 2016
Southeastern United States
It's fine.
No, it's fine.
It's not like I wanted your stupid purple flair anyway. I mean it looks like most people on the forum have it... which is GOOD because that means now I'M the special one! I'm part of the exclusive red banner club! And I got to spend less money to do it! So what if I don't get to hang out in the cool kids room and play the beta and I have to miss out on a bunch of stuff that you'll all be doing as a community. At least I have. Red.
View attachment 1275
I'd like to apply for membership right away!

(Mane6 please take my money. Seriously.)

Last edited:

LockeRobster

Drawfriend & ALPHA Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
It's fine.
No, it's fine.
View attachment 1275

Helloooo. My name is Red Backerson. I'd like to join your exclusive club. Don't mind the purple banner in my profile, I'm one of those people the devs said got it by mistake.

Where do I sign?

NeoTensai

Twitch Streamer, Amateur Shoutcaster...
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
While this is technically correct, human decency comes into it and that's why Rayne was asking the question.

The obvious answer is we don't have details ironed out yet, expect those in the future.

As for sharing bugs, please use the Beta Bug Reports section of the forums for that.
So that probably means that any content creation will have to wait until the NDA has been lifted.
I would be totally fine with that, I mean as much as want to start creating content and spreading the word, I believe that giving you time to use the initial feebdack to further polish the beta, so that it is at its best before content creator's start doing their thing, would be probably for the best.

Can't wait for the beta to begin :).

P.s. To every one: I really love how a small thing such as the new forum section made the forum lively again.

Redness

The Class Pet
Oct 17, 2016
Fœnum
www.youtube.com
Well, if I recall, the beta will last about a month. So it's not like anyone would have to wait that long before sharing it.
I would love to kick start my YouTube channel with this masterpiece! I have been using Sony Vegas to make stuff related to it, but I am hesitant to release the stuff because its on the topic of a certain type of key... I don't want to risk a ban because it seems like a small vocal minority are fanatic about them. Thank you for the quick response, OC! ^

Edit: and Cam lol. You responded while I was writing this.

crispyruffles

Addicted to Skullgirls til this comes out
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ah man, I'm ready to waste hour on this game. Though my finals are in 2 weeks. So I'll probably get really into it afterwards. Still, I'm excited. XD

txteclipse

Oh.
Backers' Beta Tester
Mar 7, 2016
/unlurk

Aww yeah. Just finished Breath of the Wild and I was looking for something to play. Perfect timing!

Tribble

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Germany
Yay! I am mostly awaiting the Linux release, but let's see if I can't borrow my SO's laptop for a bit. :D

Saki

Spirit of a Pro Gamer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Fun. I'm excited. I wonder if gameplay will make me switch my choice of character. Ah well. At least this game is coming out relatively on schedule. Thanks Mane6 for uh, giving us a product and stuff idk...

Bass Drop

That Sarcastic Pony
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Delaware, United States
Fun. I'm excited. I wonder if gameplay will make me switch my choice of character. Ah well. At least this game is coming out relatively on schedule. Thanks Mane6 for uh, giving us a product and stuff idk...
I'm pretty sure they'll accept any kind of thanks or praise, especially for all the stuff they've done, like this nifty forum, I don't see a lot of indiegogo games doing stuff like this.