Never tried Steam before. This would be my first game.

indie_animator

Mar 10, 2018
Bay Area, CA
tangerinepop.com
Have followed news of this game for some years, as I did w/Skullgirls.
When SG went to PS3, I got it.
Watched a playthrough of Cuphead on YouTube, so I don't need to buy it. (no X-Box).

But for this game, I may finally get Steam. Installed it months ago, but have yet to get a PS4 controller plugged in.
Hope to get Steam working as well.
Been doing gaming since Pong on consoles, and arcades, and a bit of online/other games on PC (including some I worked on).

Not Steam yet. But hope I can finally do it. Just curious if anyone else recently managed to do Steam. :)

Brutus

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Unless you count eight years ago as "recent", then nah. But, you should be able to get it running fairly easily.

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
This is the only game I play on my pc all of my other game is on consoles so I have no reason to use my pc besides for TFH.

Redness

The Class Pet
Oct 17, 2016
Fœnum
www.youtube.com
Have followed news of this game for some years, as I did w/Skullgirls.
When SG went to PS3, I got it.
Watched a playthrough of Cuphead on YouTube, so I don't need to buy it. (no X-Box).

But for this game, I may finally get Steam. Installed it months ago, but have yet to get a PS4 controller plugged in.
Hope to get Steam working as well.
Been doing gaming since Pong on consoles, and arcades, and a bit of online/other games on PC (including some I worked on).

Not Steam yet. But hope I can finally do it. Just curious if anyone else recently managed to do Steam. :)
I've been using Steam for over 4 years and it's been a blast!

indie_animator

Mar 10, 2018
Bay Area, CA
tangerinepop.com
I've been using Steam for over 4 years and it's been a blast!
Thanks for the reply, and everyone else. So I plugged a PS4 controller into the front of the PC.
Now I just pay for TfH & it should work (I hope). Steam's already installed, but it doesn't open when I double click the icon.
Maybe I need a game.
After paying I can use Steam forums, join groups (I think)- like the TfH one there:
Steam Community :: Them's Fightin' Herds

Tried joining groups, but don't think I can til I pay the Steam fee.
Bought it & am trying to download it, but it's stuck at 0%.

Wonder how people did it. Remotely?

Last edited:

Brutus

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
There shouldn't be a fee just to use Steam? Did you make sure you were logged in, either through the browser version or the standalone launcher?

indie_animator

Mar 10, 2018
Bay Area, CA
tangerinepop.com
There shouldn't be a fee just to use Steam? Did you make sure you were logged in, either through the browser version or the standalone launcher?
Thanks for the reply.
I made a friend on Steam from the Help forums who suggested I restart the PC, then walked me through the steps to get it to work.
Might be simple to many, but I was unfamiliar w/Steam & it was tough for me at first.

indie_animator

Mar 10, 2018
Bay Area, CA
tangerinepop.com
Thanks!
I wanted to support this indie developer for their fantastic art/animation, but have never been a PC gamer.

The small roster doesn't bother me.
I'm just thankful to play a fighter during the week. Usually I only play PS4 on weekends when I visit my brother.