Neat Ideas

Poppun

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 9, 2016
I know a lot of people have brandished the idea of the Predators not really being evil and I've been a bit unsure about it since it opens the gates for a lot of "You're the real bad guy" theories and I don't especially care for those; so what if instead there was a small faction that has sworn off hunting anything intelligent and isn't drawn back into the hold with the ones that wouldn't adapt, a bit like the Sharks from Finding Nemo

Reactions: HealthSword

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
It would be nice if any dogs on screen react to Pom being defeated in some way. In the build from the latest stream, any dogs Pom has summoned leave the screen after she's defeated, which seems out of character.
They should all hop around her anxiously and nuzzle her. Or eat her.

18/NINE-TEEN

♫ ♪ Just Get On With It & Kill Me ♩ ♬
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Them's Fighitin' Herds mobile game could be intresting to see in the future (Something for the Neat Idea section).The game can be a mixture of fighting and music/ rhythm games with the Dynamic Music System. You could for example be tapping the screen trying to get Arizona to head bangiat &/or doing different lasso tricks the right time to the different beats and when you/she getts better the Dynamic Music System start to change to Arizona theme? The better you get the more harder lasso tricks Arizona does.
Different nice things (magic spells: Flowers, confetti, ect) could pop out Oleander book when she reading new magic spells/flipping through the books pages and she doing good in the music/ rhythm games but when she does bad in the game by reciting the wrong spells, Fred might throw a cream pie in Oleander's face, startled her with somthing or even worse Fred could give Oleander the claw/ Clawpalm, like he did with Arizona
or maybe Fred & Oleander turn into weird & funny things when she
recites the wrong spells.
There might have to be some type of animations of this with different outcomes you can unlock in them. Fred will use the unique things that he has in his book and give it to the individual character [including playable DLC & playable preditor characters] &/or uses it on them.

Each character will have their own unique animation when tapping the screen to the beat playing. There will be an animation for each playable character when their doing good, ok, not bad, bad very bad and excellent.
Mane6 advertisiing campaign could be "Stampeding on the Go with Them's Fighitin' Herds mobile game" or "Stampeding on to your mobile Them's Fightin' Herds" Them's Fightin' Herds Go(es) Mobile.

Reactions: Lanxide

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I'd personally wouldn't be too happy about a random spin off, or at least one featuring the same characters. Even if it's great, you could've made up new characters and sell it as a new game, while if it's bad it just generates bad rep for the original. I mean yeah, it gives a kick-start for the sales, but that's just lazy.

Nix Avernal

Sheep-Unicorn Fusion Ungulate
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
Make unique animations if a battle ends by timeout. Skullgirls already does this (Cerebella stomping on her hat for example).

Examples:
Oleander and Fred get into an argument, which ends with Oleander shutting the book while Fred is outside of it.
Velvet faints ala Rarara but somehow manages to from an ice couch. Or the sprites bring her one.
Pom's puppies get distracted and Pom is trying to stop them.

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
Make unique animations if a battle ends by timeout. Skullgirls already does this (Cerebella stomping on her hat for example).

Examples:
Oleander and Fred get into an argument, which ends with Oleander shutting the book while Fred is outside of it.
Velvet faints ala Rarara but somehow manages to from an ice couch. Or the sprites bring her one.
Since we're on the topic of time out. I would love to see the sky growing darker each passing second or so. Once the time reaches 00seconds the stage will full transition to the night variation of the stage for the second round. If there happen to be a third round the stage will slowly turn back into the moring variation with each passing seconds or so.

18/NINE-TEEN

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I guess the only way for me to see Oleander with some type of wings in TFH will be if there was some type of wings/ floating wings (angel & demon wings, there could be a set of wings where one wing [left wing] is an angle wing and the other is a demon wing [right wing]) that could be added to the lobby accessory pack.

A few items that could be added to the lobby accessory pack [Hopefully I haven't come up with something that a backer on the Winter Sprite & Trendy Sprite may have come up with [Evil Grin]]:
Floating/rotating propellerhead/propellerhat
Floating fairy
Floating flaming skull
TFH hats, plush, Joysticks, CD, physical game, poster. sign [#StraightOutOfFoenum]
Predator plush, fangs, claws, The Hold Cook Book, floating eyeballs, sign [#FreeThePredatorsFromTheHold,#Free[insert predator's name], #FreeTheDevourer, #FreeThePredators, #StrightOuttaOfTheHold these and other signs [#signs], images, inside jokes, easter eggs might be better posted around on the different Lobby stages /walls,messages/items inside bottles underwater, for people to click on and read/view others you search for and might be able to keep like some hidden exclusive lobby items/accessories. You could also win some of these items through the Lobby mini games. There could be some extra lobby stage you can also unlock when you complete the game a few times? ]
Laruen Faust X TFH toys
Picnic basket
TFH Bingo Card
Clean & Dirty hoofs/hooves
TV
TFH ModBot
*Skullgirls [Animated?] items* [Skullgirls cerebella Vice-Versa hat, Painweel's mask and Painwheel' pinwheels blades, A Leviathan tie, scarf, Braindrain mask, Umbrella's living weapon, Hungern, Marie's skeletons, Annie's sword & Sagan, Robo-fortune floating heads, Samson & Shamone hats/wigs, Peacock's gang Avery Unit, Andy Anvil, Tommy Ten-Tons, George Bomb and Lonesome Lenny for example.]?
Flower/tree/fruit tree that grows and then blossoms
PC,Mobile phone, Pad, game controller
Changing weather/changing clouds 1minutes it's a clear sky, then the sun appears, then clouds, then grey clouds, it rains, then showers with thunder and lighting and then it's snows. An umbrella for Tianhuo when it's rains or snow. They could be individul clouds if it would be to much to animated.
TFH trainers/ [Tennis shoes] shoes [Winged trainer/shoes floating]
wireless [over head] head phones, speakers with different coloured music notes appearing and disappearing [for Arizona when she does her head banging] {Give her a "Don't Have A Cow" T-shirt]
Easter Egg
Floating mask
Floating Voodoo Dolls
TFH, G.O.A.T, future DLC & Predators Voodoo Dolls
Floating music notes [In different colours]
Arcade Cabinets/TFH/ DLC/NPC & Pradtors Arcade Cabinets [Saw Dragonmorpheus post this on the TFH Twitch site]
NPC accessories/items/stage/background items
Monster/floating ghost/skatebord/roller blades/hoverboard, small plane/helicoter/spaceship ect, hockey stick, RPG, Tank, UZI, TNT/ Bomb [KaaBoom]
Top hat with something popping in and out off the top.
Electric guitar, axe, magical staff, yo-yo, yo-yo hat
A snake necklace, mink for a scarf, A fur coat would be intresting to see (I know Mane6 can't do that.cape, leash, ball and chain, mace
Meat, steak, lamb chops, dog meat/chops, raindeer chops, veel, hosre/dragon meat, curry goat & predator meat.
A plate of food, dog bowl, bone, yarn ball, cat ear [Light up], Animal ears hats, Ice cream hat, a small animal, stars/ small birds rotating the characters head [dizzy], a half eaten sandwich/food, Christmas tree with flashing lights on it., piece pipe, Native American peace pipe, Native American Feathered War Bonnets, Totem Pole, Tomahawk, TFH Totem Pole, TFH messenger bag, Tote bag, phone charm, keychain, drone, crown, tiara, ice sculptures, fire sculptures, SpiderVelvet/ SpiderVet

More lobby items ideas posted here:
Ideal Lobby Items

Last edited:
Reactions: <|:n0n4m3:|>

Herathrig

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jul 22, 2016
Can we get Playstation ds4 button prompts? I use ps4 controller and 3rd party ds4 drivers.
and how about a coop mode, in which 2 players in the same round take down big bosses like spectral bears and wolves?

18/NINE-TEEN

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I hope some futture TFH characters storylines may go down a darker path [This insn't a lil' kids games]. At the moment for the Mane6 characters it's them Key Seeker/Key Keeper/ungulates/Foenum/ Vs The scouts, the predators/ The Devourer/The Hold. So Goat and any other future DLC characters [including playble predators] storylines/ motives might be different. One or two playable predators might want to take over Foenum and eat the animals their or send some back into The Hold or create another Hold for them but I think there should be some playble predators that are inteligent to make their story mode more intresting. There must be a few evil [anti hero] ungulate [that don't want there ever to be peace between ungulates & predators but would rather there was a war [deaths on both sides] between them for some reason] charcters in Foenum & a few good/likable [anti villain] predators characters in The Hold.

Another future DLC character storyline could be where an animial cult has to sacrifice [wicker man/ wicker animal] an animal once a year on a specific date [from their society &/or another spcecies. Their god want/ demand something different to be sacificed to them or their will be consequences ].to appease their god/gods and have good fortune [new magic and/ or stronger magical powers] for the rest of the year.
The animal being sacificed could be a Key Seeker, KeyKeeper, a predator, DLC &/or a playble character that lives with/ around the cult but doesn't practice in their beliefs which make them the perfect sacifice or the character is forced to find another sacifice [Oleander for example] for the cult/ his/her village, if he/she doesn't then all of his/her family members will be sacificed instead.
Depending on how some future DLC stroylines/story modes play out The Devourer might not be the final boss they end up figting and there could be a few outcome if they win or lose [if you quit the final boss game after a few matches an alturnative [good or bad] ending could be unlocked on the game over screen ?] their fight with them. For example Oleander/Fred or magical ungulates &/or magical predator could be the final boss in this storyline. Unless The Devourer & an KeyKeeper { and what ever the equivalent of an Key Seeker/KeyKeeper for a predator/ scout would be. lock breakers? }was sacificed together could be considered as the ultimate way to appease their god?

I guess will need to have a TFH Laruen Faust Giraffe NPC in the background [The Derpy Hooves/ Where's Wally of TFH ] of some of the stages with her neck and head popping in and out of the stage once in a while. We also have to add the Giraffe {the migical} [with & without different coloured & different styles of glasses on] fighter as a future DLC to TFH.
I wonder what Laruen Faust Giraffe backstory/ lore would be? She and an intelligent scout/predator [there could be an alternate universes where ungulates, scouts and predators live together but in this world any type of interbreeding whether it be with another ungulates, scouts &/or predators is forbidden] want to be in a relationship but both of their society is against it for different reasons. A modern day version Romeo and Juliet TFH style/twist?
You would be able to play as the Giraffe and the intelligent scout/predator in the storyline.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lanxide and Feanor

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Mkae a hat only ownable by winning. And there would be only one of it in the entire game. Namely, the moment you are defeated, the hat will transfer to the winner. There should be one with losing as well.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Mkae a hat only ownable by winning. And there would be only one of it in the entire game. Namely, the moment you are defeated, the hat will transfer to the winner. There should be one with losing as well.
Just replace the avatar with the word SHAME. Then there will be adorable little SHAMEs running all over the place.

18/NINE-TEEN

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
A few ideas how some of the characters may enter &/or exit a stage [with or with out dialog].

Oleander's entrances to the stage
I think one of many of Ollie intro to the stage could be just Fred as the floating book [There could be one where the books on the ground?], then the book opens the pages start turning fast then Ollie jumps out of it. Another version of this is the books opens and the pages turn fast, a page fly out and floats on the ground and then turns into Oleander.
A portal open and Oleander, Fred and the book comes out of it, the book opens [Ollie & Fred might be arguing?] and Fred jumps into it before the fight begins.

Oleander's exits off the stage:
Oleander exit from the stage could be that Fred/book opens Ollie jumps into it [Olli might say read you like a book], the book then closes and dissapears.
Oleander exit from the stage when Fred is out of the book could be they transform into pages and then enter the open book, the book then closes and disappears.
The book could transform into a large door/portal and then Oleander and Fred go into it and then the book/door/portal closses.

Tianhuo's entrances to the stage:
Small flame on the stage grows larger and then Tianhuo burst out of it. A large fire ball comes down from the sky hit the ground, explodes into smaller flames/fireballs and one of them turns into Tianhuo.

Tianhuo's exits off the stage:
Tianhuo exit the stage by flying out and at the same time does some type of fireworks/firecraker trick whiles doing it. She sliver a away like some type of fire snake.

Pom's entrances to the stage:
There no one on the stage then Pom jumps [pushed/nudge/barked by the dogs] on to stage ready to fight. Another one could be that Pom on the stage, she then runs off the stage/screen then the dogs are pushing/nudging Pom back to the stage/screen. The flying puppy could bring Pom to the stage and then fly out of the stage or hover with Pom then let go of her and let her float on to the stage.

Pom's exits off the stage:
If all the dogs are on the stage with Pom they all run into her and drag her off the screen. All the dogs come on to the stage [including Big Momma & Big Daddy Dog] they show their exicitment in seeing Pom winning the fight by all dog piling on her &/or barking at her which makes Pom run of the stage with the dogs chasing her or she scared stiff from their barking and Pom drops to the ground &/or all her wool comes off her body and the dogs look at her and each other in confusion with what just happend.

Velvet entrances to the stage:
An ice sclupture of her on the stage it shatters and Velvet appears out of it. Ice Sprites bring Velevet on to the stage with magic and an Ice throne. She slides in on a slide made of ice. There an iced stairway/staircase on the stage and then Velvet walks down them and enter the stage. The iced stairway disappears/melts/shatters then the fight begins.

Velvet exits off the stage:
She dissapear and leave an Ice sclupture of herself wearing a crown with her oppenent she was just facing bowing down to her. In the wind you hear voice saying " Bow to your queen". Ice Sprites bring velvet something to leave the stage with or they feed her some golden oats and she super jumps of the stage or create some type of iced stairway/staircase and walks up and of the stage. Velevet creates ice on the ground and skates of the stage showing off her figure skating moves at the same time.

Paprika entrances to the stage:
A large cake, barrel/wrapped gift(s)/item on the screen then Paprika jumps out of it. A bunch of animals run/ stampede across the stage, Paprika comes on to the stage wondering where all the animals have gone, she then see you and is now more excited and then the fight starts.
A big ball of wool rolls onto stage and Paprika pops out of it [this could be one of Paprika's attacks] as the wool ball rolls of the strage. There could be other Alpacas and animals traped in the big ball of wool. An item could also fall out of the larg ball of wool when it's going across the stage.
The other opponent is on the stage wondering where Paprika is. Paprika [Paprika might be more animatd or doing something crazy, fun, wild, weird in her portait before she jumps out of it. The animations in her portrait could be different for each opponent she play fights witch including the Mane6 characters, preditors, scouts, The Devourer, G.O.A..T, DLC characters and her self in a mirror match] eventually jumps out of her portrait/picture [at the top of the screen] on to the stage ready to [play]fight with her opponent.

Paprika exits off the stage:
Animals creep back on to the stage thinking Paprika not there anymore, they see her and run/stampede off again, she see them and stampedes after them.
Paprika brings out a cannon from her wool [Don't ask me how a cannon got in there in the first place], lights the end with a match/lighter, jumps into the cannon [She might put on different accessory items/hats from the visual lobby before she goes into the cannon] & get shot out of the cannon and out of the stage.
Knits sweaters with different images on them in each match she see an Alpacas/animals/opponent and puts it on them and gives them a big hug [The animal being huged have an "I being huged to death/ " I can't breath" expression. I think this will work as a grab &/or super movie as well]. To add insult to injury the animal being huged could be slowly getting sucked in to Paprika's wool {a wool version of quick sand}.
Paprika {she could give you [or make you put on] a sweater she made for you} gives [POV] you/opponent/screen lots of hugs and the kisses of death [there kiss and hearts all over the screen], then [POV]you/opponent/screen eventully falls down and pass out from her warm embrace [the screen goes dark from your POV when you/opponent passes out from Paprika's hug & kissses. Then your back in the visual lobby/next match/rematch/tournament/mini game for example ].
A big ball of wool rolls onto stage and Paprika jumps in to it pops her head out and waves to the screen as the ball of wool rolls of the strage. There could be other Alpacas and animals [scouts], items/lobby items traped in the big ball of wool as well.
Paprika could jump in to her cannon to be fired off the screen, the angle of the cannon changes and she gets fired into [through] her &/or her opponents portrait [maybe she damages everything on the top of screen, clock, health bar ect] causing allot of damage to it. The opponent stampedes off the stage as everything is falling on to the stage.
This time around when Paprika jump into her cannon to get blasted off the stage the angle of the cannon [the cannon can spins into different directions for each match Paprika wins] changes and Paprika gets fired into the stage background. She could also get fired out of her cannon into/through the player TV screen, causing major damage to the player TV screen.
Circus, Evel Knievel & DareDevil themed palette for Paprika.

Arizona entrances to the stage:
She enter the stage on a Covered Wagon and jumps out it whiles the wagon gets pulled of the stage. A covered wagon is on stage and Arizona does her stomp [She might be saying to the other cattle to get the wagon of the stage but there not listening to her so she has no choice but to do her powerful stomp to to gett them to move it off the stage or the stomps knocks the wagon and the other cattle off the stage?]

Arizona's exits off the stage:
There something in the air [which we can't see. The olny thing we see is a large shadow on the ground.]. Arizona uses her lasso to get hold of it and drag it down, but instead ends up getting draged off into the air and of the stage/screen. She dose some type of lasso trick that helps he exit the stage [Maybe some of the other cattle help her with the lasso trick?]

Last edited:

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
There's actually something similar in, of all things, call of duty games. I remember it being in MW2. There was an achievement (and corresponding in game title as far as I recall) that you could only get by being killed by someone who already had it. It started out with a few of the people who made the game and then just constantly spread out over the game's lifespan. It was a pretty cool thing. Left enough of a mark on my mind that I can still remember what map I was on when I got it, haha.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
There's actually something similar in, of all things, call of duty games. I remember it being in MW2. There was an achievement (and corresponding in game title as far as I recall) that you could only get by being killed by someone who already had it. It started out with a few of the people who made the game and then just constantly spread out over the game's lifespan. It was a pretty cool thing. Left enough of a mark on my mind that I can still remember what map I was on when I got it, haha.
I thought it as a singular thing, with only one of it in game. So after transfer, the previous owner would lose it, making it a short-lived status symbol.

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
I thought it as a singular thing, with only one of it in game. So after transfer, the previous owner would lose it, making it a short-lived status symbol.
Yeah I knew what you meant. There was a position like that in some game's ranked modes where only one person could be "the best" at any given time.

Delusional Dreamer

Dreamer of Delusional Dreams
Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
TeamFortress 2 also does that with the Ghostly Gibus and Pyrovision Goggles! shudders

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com

Examples:
Can we please please do this!? :eek:

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I hope the game has a "What is the square root of fish? Now I'm sad." moment.
I had to google that, but there are a few pretty amusing anti-piracy tricks out there. (Sims for example had that shower censoring slowly take over the screen.) Make it a fun one that doesn't take a lot of actual time to make. Pirates will get around it eventually, so it's just better to use the time and money to make a better game instead.

I personally want to find something like this in the game.

Last edited:

18/NINE-TEEN

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
[edit]
I wonder if there will be any type of robotic, android, dead, succubus, zombie, ghost, monster &/or possessed DLC [predators, other ungulates, NPC] playable characters in TFH in the future?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tox

TheWalrus

Feb 17, 2016
I wonder if there will be any type of robotic, android &/or possessed DLC [predators, other ungulates, NPC] playable characters in TFH in the future?
Since the Ice Sprites are essentially Santa's Elves, maybe they can build a toy-like golem. Or rebuild a deadly wounded reindeer as a half-golem with toy-like prostheses.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
[edit]
I wonder if there will be any type of robotic, android, dead, succubus, zombie, ghost, monster &/or possessed DLC [predators, other ungulates, NPC] playable characters in TFH in the future?
I wouldn't mind seeing RoboArizona and an alternate universe Orlander who mastered light magic instead of dark magic be a thing.

Last edited:

18/NINE-TEEN

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'll leave this idea for a hidden [an animal character from another indie company?] character in the visual lobby here.

Indivisible

Last edited:

Hericks

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 24, 2016
Fresno, CA
Not sure if anyone shot this idea, but how about in the visual lobby, players can buy a house (with... Foenum moneys?) and be able to decorate it to your liking with purchasable furniture and decor, (also game moneyz or achievements), and if you get enough game money, or reach certain achievements, you could expand your crib!
There wouldn't need to be an actual location in the visual lobby to accommodate the houses (trying to do that would be insane!) but instead, there would be a button in your menu such as "Go Home" and you would be teleported to your house! Then you could also invite some friends to hang out in your Foenecian crib, or have a little retreat from all of the online players that is just your own?

There could possibly be a free default house that players get by just having an account, being a simple room that has a few pieces of furniture that they would be able to customize and expand once they start advancing in the game?
I'm not sure how tough that would be, or if Mane6 has plans for anything like that, but I think that could be a pretty sweet idea ^^