• Mortal Kombat X(L)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
Couldn't find a similar specific thread. So, here we are!

Which one and who is your favourite?

My favourite to play as is Jason Voorhees, which is MKX. But I definitely preferred the tag team option that came with MK2011

Nadia

Feb 4, 2016
Germany
Mortal Kombat 2011 for now since it is the last one I played and I realy liked it, and Scorpion was always my favourite char since MK1. :)

Btw. I know many people don't like Arrmageddon but I realy love the create a char mode of this game. ö.ö

Reactions: Tox

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
Scorpion is my fall-back character. I'm doomed because MKX is what I'm most familiar with. But Jason is a DLC :| lol
Kano is pretty easy to use as well imo. Can't go wrong with Scorpion tho

Nadia

Feb 4, 2016
Germany
I could not use the DLC chars in MK 2011 since the game was indexed in my region, and the DLC's would not appear in the PSN shop in Germany.

The Funny thing now is that MK X(L) is the first Mortal Kombat in my region that got a offical rating for a uncut version and was not indexed, sooo it will be my next Mortal Kombat, if I have some extra Money.^^

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
If you plan on getting MKX, I'd like to recommend getting XL. It contains a considerable amount of content (I think it was 9 characters, skins, unlockables, etc) that you otherwise have to get separately or, in some cases, miss out on.

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
MKXL is far and away the best they've made, though the best I've PLAYED is MK9 (2011), of course. What a damn comeback that was.

I admit I still have a soft spot for Deception, though.

Nadia

Feb 4, 2016
Germany
Mhhh seems like there are not many Mortal Kombat fans on this Forum. xD

Btw. what do you guys think about the Story of the Latest Mortal Kombat game, and how they bring the Cage family in the Focus of it?

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
I've never really been a fan of Cage tbh. But, that changed in this game. I've warmed up to him just a little bit. I don't like Cassie at all tho lol She is annoying :p
The story mode was frustrating tbh. I felt like they just made you play as all the characters you would otherwise never touch (which is understandable/justifiable).
Also, if you haven't already, check out this guy's videos, he has the best neutral game I have ever seen
While I'm here, I feel like letting y'all know I've picked up Tremor and it has been the best decision I've ever made in the game.

Nadia

Feb 4, 2016
Germany
Fun fact about Mortal Kombat is that the Character that became Jonny Cage in the first Mortal Kombat, was always supposed to be the Hero of the game, but that was changed when the Character was changed into Jonny Cage.^^

So in a strange way, Jonny Cage is now the Hero he was meant to be since the beginning of Mortal Kombat.

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Btw. what do you guys think about the Story of the Latest Mortal Kombat game, and how they bring the Cage family in the Focus of it?
I liked it a lot, for the most part. Some storyline choices I find fairly annoying, but it was a step up from MK9, which mainly was fine until a huge shark jump late in the story mode.

The Cage family was pretty awesome, and given how amazing of a character Cage was in the MK9 reboot, it stands to reason he got to become Earth's hero and get a hot wife and the most hilarious child ever. The other next-gen characters were pretty cool, too. One is even gay! Progressiveness is good, kids.

Now I just wonder how the hell they're going to handle, uh...
... the fact that over half the cast is Netherrealm zombies and the other half has aged like 20 years. My boy Smoke is still stuck down there and I'd love for him to be relevant again beyond a kickin rad robot DLC character. Though I will admit seeing Liu Kang take the Netherrealm throne and Raiden lose himself to THE EDGE again are both pretty rad story points.

... I may be a bit of an MK storyline nerd. Still after all these years.

Reactions: Nadia and Tox

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
It definetly sounds like they have started a new chapter. A turning of the age, a new dawn in the series. I just hope Erron Black makes a return in XI

bonusjosh

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 2, 2017
Yeah my girlfriend loooooves MKX I bought it for her during black friday last year, she usually mains Devorah since she's an entomologist. I myself really like Cassie and Katana and feel they're pretty darn quick overall. She's done more of the towers and other gameplay stuffs while I've just done vs against her and the main story alongside her. I liked the story myself even though of course there were the old school moments of cheesiness and was surprised at there being actual effort placed into one for a fighting game let alone a Mortal Kombat game. Overall great experience overall with MKX

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
^Yis! Kitana ftw!

Also, what did you guys think of Kotal Khan?
At first I didn't like him because I assumed that because he was a Khan he was a bad guy. But, in the story mode he turns out to be a surprisingly reasonable and wise leader that actually cares about Outworld. Like, when
Shinok made the sky red he was all "I'll bring him your heads to appease him" as in, so Shinok will not target Outworld. Plus, when he took the amulet, he did it to give Outworld an upperhand over Earthrealm, sort of like political arm-twisting.
He's a character that is not necessarily a villain, but also, not strictly a hero either. He is kind of like ...a really complex mercenary character. I guess that comes with being a political character? At any rate, I'm hoping he makes a return in the next game, because I'd be interested to see what they do with his character.

Last edited:

bonusjosh

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 2, 2017
Kotal Khan is definitely a fav, not so much gameplay wise but story wise, Still we can do a round or two with him and he's fun to switch off to. Just a matter of actually playing him more really. But yeah he actually does give a crap about Outworld and that is a nice change of pace. He's at odds end with you but for good enough reasons.

Nadia

Feb 4, 2016
Germany
Btw. did you Guys read the Tie-in Comics? They have some interesting Story Points about Kotal Khan.

Oreo

Keepin' It Stylish
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
D.M.V. FGC
UMK3 is my favorite. I play Smoke (not Human Smoke, good 'ol paintball gear robot Smoke). I dabbled in both MK9 and MKX.

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Also, what did you guys think of Kotal Khan?
I loved him, along with pretty much all the other new characters in MKX. Kotal though definitely stood out, along with D'Vorah, as a pretty kickass character. He was way more interesting than Shao Kahn has ever been. Shao just gets by on sheer badassery. Kotal has that and more. They really made a killing with the new cast, which makes me even more upset that the fanbase continues to cling to old, uninteresting, mostly likely canonically dead characters, and it makes me afraid NRS is just gonna ditch all these great newbies they've written up in the next game.

Btw. did you Guys read the Tie-in Comics? They have some interesting Story Points about Kotal Khan.
I haven't read them yet, persay, but I've read up on a lot of storyline points that happened in them. Indeed, Kotal has got himself QUITE a backstory.