Monster Hunter

Bucky Barkley

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
So who here plays Monster Hunter? What game did you start with? What weapons are your mains? And most importantly, got any good hunting stories?

I started with MH4U. Sword and Shield is my main weapon (solo'd my way up to Gog with it) but I like to play Great Sword and Light Bowgun for fun. I tried Bow, but I'm still not sure if I like it. One time I tried using the bow on the double Shrouded Nerscylla Mission, and I killed the first one by shooting it out of the air while it was running away to the next area. It was one of my favorite kills ever!

And then I failed the mission against the second one. Yeah. Still not sure if I like bow.

EpicBleye

Waifu Stealer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
your dreams.
Hey a MonHun thread, cool.

I started with 3U myself. Only got to High Rank though. Thinking about buying the Wii U version for delicious HD Lagi.

As for 4U, I typically use Dual Blades myself. Though I do use SnS and Switch Axe from time to time. I think the only monster I haven't killed is Shah, and I just need to beat the Master's Test. Sadly, other games have taken up all of my hunting time. Shame.

Any favorite monsters? My favorite is a tie between Gore Magala and Shagaru Magala. They're really tough at level 140, especially with Shagaru.

PLOTYNSTYNE

The Omnipotent
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
I started on Hit it Until it Dies 3U on the Wii U, where I pretty much used Dual Blades and nothing else. Moving on to 4U I planned to main the Long Sword but ended up using mainly the Charge Blade instead. Also recently made a set for the Seregios bow and have enjoyed using that against certain monsters (looking at you, Najarala).

Unfortunately, I don't remember a whole lot of specifics about experiences I've had in-game, but I can tell you that it's really fun having Evasion +2 and rolling through a charging Diablos in 3U.

Kegradigm

Professional Heister
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Over here.

I started the series on 3U on the 3DS, and I almost exclusively use the Gunlance. I chose the gunlance simply because of how badass it sounded and looked. Haven't went back to 4U in a while, but I remember my character with a set of full Lunastra armor with a Seregios gunlance, with a spare set of Hermitaur armor for the way it looks.

Best moment I remember was when my group and I went to hunt the Zamtrios for the first time. For the first few minutes, we were talking about how awesome it looked, saying it was like a street shark with Glacial Agnaktor armor.

Then it inflated into a huge ball and started to quite literally steamroll us.

We couldn't focus on the hunt because we were laughing too hard. We failed.

Proxyvirus

That Dragonshy Person
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Austin, TX
I remember playing freedom long ago, then I got mh3 then mh4u. I finally got good at the game since mh4u; I could barely kill a Garuda in freedom now I'm taking down rajang s, kirins, teostras ( which is my worst enemy from the rajang ) and feel helpful when I play online.

The worst feel is when you're the last one to die cause scrubs used 2 of the teams lives. I hate that.

Someoneman

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I started with Tri for the Wii, and got 4U on 3DS when it went on sale. I main hammer, gunlance, hunting horn, and long sword. I'm not sure if I should focus more on rebuilding Dundorma or on increasing my rank online.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Oh, yeah, the memories. I only really played a fan-translated Mh3 portable on psp, but it was awesome. I could only play by my lonesome, but I was almost at that ultimate-epic boss monster before some error crashed my save file. Too bad there is nothing for Vita, I'd like to play it again,

Laurel Crown

Leader of the Proud Nation of Velvetia
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Played MH4U for a couple of months before losing to a bet with a clan where the loser would have quitted the game :/

EpicBleye

Waifu Stealer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
your dreams.
Oh I have a great story

So me and two other friends were fighting a level 116 Shagaru Magala, and if you've ever fought it you'll know it's a really hard fight given the explosions absolutely everywhere. So my one friend ended up carting twice during the fight, and the other two of us were going ham on the Shagaru hoping to kill it soon. Well, the one friend was low on health, and the other one ran off to heal up and sharpen. I went totally aggro on the Shagaru with full arc-demon mode, doing as much damage as I possibly could.. as one of the Shagaru's explosions ended up hitting my one friend, killing him. At the same time, however, I killed the Shagaru.

So at the end of the quest, my friend had fainted 3/3 times.. and we won.

Good times.

NeoTensai

Twitch Streamer, Amateur Shoutcaster...
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Started with MH4U. Main Hunting Horns more spacificaly the horn that sounds like you are playing the bagpipes, love to "troll" with just it's sound.
Already playing MH Generations with over 50 hours already.

A friend bought me this for my B Day and I want to share it with you. Try to guess what it is

JunaECBS

BetaBoi
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
Brazil
I'm surprised I didn't see this before. Anyway...
Is there anyone that wishes to play MHGen in a party with voice chat these days? I have this itch to play it, but I don't like doing it alone; and I haven't played in a while, since my usual partners kinda became increasingly difficult to meet for this.
I'm around HR80, I like to use practically every weapon, but love gunlance, lance, hunting horn, dual blades and heavy bowgun the most!

I'm not speedrun material, but I am reliable!