METAL

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
A thread for metalheads (if there are any)

My favourites are Killswitch Engage (by a lot) They practically invented Metalcore (metal + hardcore) Favourite songs by em are: 1) My Curse 2) Element of One 3) Strength of the Mind (or Reject Yourself ...I couldn't decide)

I saw Killswitch live two days ago. The opening act was a gang called Fallujah who turned out to be pretty good. They're a prog metal band. It's fairly ambient.
Another good smash of sound is Sentient Glow by Haunted Shores.
Give em a go and let me know what some of your favourites are. Mosh on mi amigos \m/
Arizona-Dance.gif

Last edited:

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Place Where Goats Are
Here are some of my favorite Metal bands.

Blind Guardian is easily one of my favorite bands growing up. Still one of my favorites today.

Best Trash Metal band out there, fight me.

Going way back to the 1970's with this one. Rainbow is Ronnie James Dio's old band, this song features the final boss of drumming, Cozy Powell. Just listen to that opening drum solo. Speaking of...

Dio is hands down the god of Heavy Metal.

Up last is my absolute number one favorite band, Kamelot. Ghost Opera is my favorite song from this band. Roy Khan's voice made this band so wonderful back in the day. Sadly, he's since left the band.

Reactions: Tox

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Suprised nobody mentioned Savatage as one of the old but gold guys
This is a new polish band, but they have promise
And let's not forget the Finns.

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
That Savatage track was spectacularly good. Might buy that one.
That last one made me smile too. It's like, that is what metal music is MADE FOR: riding into glorious battle.

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
You guys are my people. Metal and hard rock are my drugs. Among my favorite bands for years now: Kamelot, Nightwish, Symphony X, Iced Earth, Killswitch Engage, DragonForce, Disturbed, SOAD, etc. Many of the classics (Blind Guardian, Rhapsody of Fire, etc) generally go without saying. When are we gonna get another Demons and Wizards jam? Christ. More recent obsessions include Babymetal, Unleash the Archers, Ice Nine Kills, Gloryhammer, and all that juicy goodness. There's lots of other bands I could name but I'm tired.

I'm awaiting new albums from basically any of my favorites, but they tend to take several years to make. The struggle is real.

I'mma post some random songs, whatever I think of first. Have fun.

Last edited:

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
And here's five more JUST BECAUSE. Also five media posts is the forum limit for a single post.

Oreo

Keepin' It Stylish
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
D.M.V. FGC
I listen to weird stuff.

(Surprise: Orchestral version!)

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
How about something a little different: YouTubers that are known for metal. I love me some of these guys. Here are five of my favorites!

Who doesn't know good ol' Eric by now? This man is a guitar wizard and does metal covers of anything you can think of. Also lots of collabs with metal vocalists. Watch all his stuff.

And then there's my dude here who sings metal covers of almost anything. Half his channel is anime themes by this point, if you're into that, otherwise he has tons of other stuff. I chose to embed "The Omen" because despite being rather used to how amazing his voice is, "Omen" STILL floors me.

Then there's Jared. He can play everything, he's an incredible vocalist, and his channel is loaded with hilarious videos playfully throwing shade at the metal fandom. He's turned pissing off djent fans into an art form. I've embedded one of his original songs here, but PLEASE check out his "10 styles of metal" video if you want to lose your sides into orbit.

Another guitar wizard, though I admit I haven't torn through a ton of his videos just yet, but everything I've listened to has been amazing. Especially good ol' Shovel Knight, one of my personal obsessions. He also did an amazing "Megalovania" collab with Caleb Hyles.

Finally, Jonathan Young, who is the best and I love him. Another jack-of-all-trades in terms of vocals and instrument playing, with a definite lean toward pop culture covers. He's also goddamn hilarious. I've of course embedded the greatest cover of all time to one of the best songs of all time, but feel free to check out anything else he does, like maybe "The Hero" or "Be Prepared", for instance?

That's all I got, anyone you guys want to share? in b4 Rob Scallon

Reactions: Tox and KYMSnowman

GreySky-GodoftheMachine

Fear; The Shadow of Death
Backers' Beta Tester
Apr 18, 2017
Most anything from Volbeat and Rammstein is great. for context Devil and the Blue Cat Song and Warrior's Call for Volbeat, and Ich Tu Dir Weh and Links 2 3 4 for Rammstein.

Invader TAK

Master of Random
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Northern Illinois
A Skype buddy convinced me to grab Amon Amarth's albums so I've been listening to them. Here are a few of my favorites.

Ok, I wish some words that happen to be names from Lawyer Friendly Equines wouldn't get changed, considering they're so COMMON.

Rodya

Perpetually tired
Jul 31, 2017
Coahuila, México
A metal thread on this forum?
1348847730443_194.jpg
It's a shame that I didn't notice it earlier, since I'm extremely slow at discovering new music. I'll share some of the ones that I like.
I also like concepual albums and long songs.
I listen to this one while I wash the dishes, it's the right lenght.

Also, what do you guys think of Ghost BC? I remember seeing them as an opening band when Iron Maiden came to Mexico City. I was indifferent to them at first, but I kinda started liking them after some time. Thing is, the sole mention of their name is enough to make the LA metal community go bananas on you, call you a poser and a laundry list of other things, but hispanic metalheads tend to be obnoxious brats, so it's not really that important.
This song won them a Grammy for best metal performance, after all. It also became my brother's favourite.
[/spoler]

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Also, what do you guys think of Ghost BC?
They're awesome. They have a very old school sound that just really clicks with me and a friend of mine. "Cirice" in particular is a masterpiece, and the music video is an instant classic. Worthwhile award winner.

ALSO HOORAY SOMEONE POSTED HERE maybe I should post some songs again in this thread, just for kicks. Hm. Damnit Kamelot why haven't you released a new single yet

ALRIGHT here's some headbangers for you guys, some of which suggested by my friend who doesn't post here

(this band used to be called Devil You Know, it's headed by former KSE singer Howard Jones)

(ACAPELLA METAL~)

And maybe one more bonus video, because Rob Scallon is a mad genius...