Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite

Talen-Jei

Gureato Daze
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
Louisiana
I love the fact that the Infinity Stones are gonna play a factor in-game. Makes me wonder what the Mind, Reality, and Space Stones are gonna do in-game.

Rocketknightgeek

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I love the fact that the Infinity Stones are gonna play a factor in-game. Makes me wonder what the Mind, Reality, and Space Stones are gonna do in-game.
It looks like they'll do largely the same thing they did in Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems, where they act as temporary or one-off buffs and can be knocked out of each other. They'll likely also copy the gimmick where each character has one specific gem that gives them a unique ability when activated.

What I want to know is if there's any truth to the rumors that the characters Disney doesn't have the film/game rights to will be fully off limits for the game so that there's less of a licensing fustercluck whenever rebalancing has to occur.

TigerKirby215

I should be doing work right now
Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss...
I've wanted UMvC3 for the longest time, and now I can get a newer game on PC! :D

I just hope Phoenix Wright gets buffed, and that Deadpool's theme remains the same.
Taskmaster better come back too. :Tianhuo:

From my understanding they're basically X-Factor from UMvC3, just with different effects instead of always +Speed and +Damage. My assumption is that Power grants a huge boost to all damage, time to Speed, Mind to speed and power of Specials and Supers (more than Power), Reality doing the same as Mind to physical, and Space be the old X-Factor.
I can imagine my concept for Mind being good on someone like Dr. Strange or Dr. Doom, and Reality being great on Deadpool or Chris Redfield.
I just wonder if you'll have to pick them at the start of a match or if you can cycle through them somehow. :eek:

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
If its on PC, I might be able to get my hands on it...but I'm just waiting until they make a TvC2.

Oh yeah, and Mega Man X appears to be in it, that's a plus after MvC3 didn't have any Mega Man for some reason. Part of me wishes it was Volnutt again, because we never did get Legends 3, and he was in TvC (and was one of the more interesting characters for sure).

Maybe they'll even have one of these guys:

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
Wow I didn't expect another Marvel vs Capcom game for at least another 10years. Now I can continue to spam "when's marvel" in chat. I just hope it's the MvC4 that's everyone been hoping for with tons more playable characters.
Oh yeah, and Mega Man X appears to be in it, that's a plus after MvC3 didn't have any Mega Man for some reason.
As much as I like Megaman I preferred if they bring back Zero or one of the lesser loved Megaman Characters. Besides isn't that why Megaman was added in Sm4sh because he was left out in MvC3?

SubrosianDimitri

Crowdfund Backer
As much as I like Megaman I preferred if they bring back Zero or one of the lesser loved Megaman Characters. Besides isn't that why Megaman was added in Sm4sh because he was left out in MvC3?
But wasn't Zero in MvC3? And didn't he also get his own spinoff series? I don't call that "less loved." Also, I'm pretty sure Sm4sh was announced several years after MvC3 was released, I doubt they thought that far ahead.

Saki

Spirit of a Pro Gamer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Extended gameplay trailer includes Captain America and S O U L F I S T- I mean Morrigan.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
I'm curious to see if the Incursions will be a part of it, given their multiverses would be at stake as the Beyonders will strive to destroy all worlds.

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Place Where Goats Are
I'm curious to see if the Incursions will be a part of it, given their multiverses would be at stake as the Beyonders will strive to destroy all worlds.
Probably not. The Marvel side is supposedly solely focusing on the Marvel Cinematic Universe, so expect the roster to be filled with people from the Movies and Netflix Shows.

That said, Luke Cage Hype.

Barbaloot

Bringer of sorrow and also donuts.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wisconsin
I would love to see Carnage in this game. The amount of shit he can do exceeds Venoms, so moveset wouldn't be too hard, and his creepy/cruel nature would give him quite the personality.

I'd also love to see Hakan from SF4. He's just a lovable goof of a fighter and he needs to be loved more.

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
But wasn't Zero in MvC3? And didn't he also get his own spinoff series? I don't call that "less loved." Also, I'm pretty sure Sm4sh was announced several years after MvC3 was released, I doubt they thought that far ahead.
Yes, Zero is indeed a playable character in UMvC3. As for his own spinoff series the only one I know of was Megaman Zero for the gameboy advance but Zero rocked a different design in that game if that counts.
I could've sworn remembering one of the head dev of Sm4sh stated that they added Megaman because he was left out of MvC during E3. But I could be imaging things, I'll look for the video later.

gatorafan

HOLAS: (tm)
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ship02: Ur
nightarks.enjin.com
As it was mentioned before, the Marvel side of the roster seems to be taking a hit this tie around because of that fight they are still having with Fox and focus on the MCU.

If the rumors about this are true, the following characters won't make it:

Any X-Men or X-Men related character (ie: Cable, Juggernaut, Magneto, maybe Silver Samurai)
Fantastic 4 and related characters (Skrull, Galactus, Doom)
Deadpool (people seem convinced Gwen will replace him)
Might be more but I can't remember

This in no way ruins the game for me tho, and I'm expecting to see some characters like Carnage, Hawkeye initiative, Daredevil, Loki... Maybe even Blade.

Capcom's side tho, that's the side where dreams can come true for me. I want Megaman Zero... Zero, Leon, Nero, Amingo, Valgas, Jin, Masamune (never ever).

Now that I think about it, I'm listing way too many sword dudes. I wonder if the roster is even big to begin with? I wouldn't be surprised if we have an Marvel vs SF-esque roster since it's 2v2.

From my understanding they're basically X-Factor from UMvC3, just with different effects instead of always +Speed and +Damage. My assumption is that Power grants a huge boost to all damage, time to Speed, Mind to speed and power of Specials and Supers (more than Power), Reality doing the same as Mind to physical, and Space be the old X-Factor.
You are pretty close, apparently when picking characters you get to pick one stone and that stone will be your comeback mechanic during the match, Power seems to grant a lot of wall bounce and OTG attacks (that combo Ryu did) while Time seems to allow for teleports and custom combos (Captain Marvel could just follow heavy punch with another heavy punch on the video), we still don't know if this are global changes or something that happens if a certain character uses the stone (more likely the former) but it seems to be more than just a stat boost.

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
You are pretty close, apparently when picking characters you get to pick one stone and that stone will be your comeback mechanic during the match, Power seems to grant a lot of wall bounce and OTG attacks (that combo Ryu did) while Time seems to allow for teleports and custom combos (Captain Marvel could just follow heavy punch with another heavy punch on the video), we still don't know if this are global changes or something that happens if a certain character uses the stone (more likely the former) but it seems to be more than just a stat boost.

The infinity gems were a mechanic in Marvel Super Heroes as well. Each gem did their own thing but when paired with a certain character each gem also had a unique effect.

I don't know if that will also be a thing in Infinite, but it'd be pretty cool to see.

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I AM SO EXCITED FOR MORE MVC YESSSSSSSSS

They're definitely going back to their roots here, in more ways than one. 2v2, no assists, and it's being developed in-house by Capcom, which they haven't done with a fighting game in quiiiite a long time. Marvel is also more directly involved here than they were in MvC3, so their side of things could be very interesting indeed.

I doubt the Infinity Stones are going to operate like they did in Marvel Super Heroes. In fact, they seem to be much more powerful than they were there, basically like this game's X-Factor, only not disgustingly broken. They ARE a comeback mechanic, and they will operate *sort of* like the Groove system in CvS2. There's a lot of speculation and rumor flying around right now, but suffice to say, how they're specifically going to work has not been revealed. All we have is some footage of Ryu and Carol using the Power and Time Stones, respectively, and if you just analyze what they're doing, you can tell those stones are giving them plenty of abilities.

Ultimately, I'd recommend watching these videos by Maximilian and VesperArcade, who give their own personal breakdowns of what we've seen so far. Ultimately we don't know how much of their breakdowns will end up being correct to the real game, but hey, it's something, right?

What I'm concerned about is the rumored lack of X-Men. You can't have MAHVEL BAYBEE without X-Men! I know this goes in hand with the rumor about the Marvel side of the cast generally revolving around the MCU, which doesn't include the X-Men (or other Marvel chars made by other movie studios), but still. Given this game could end up having a lot of characters in it, I feel it's inevitable that the Marvel side will dip into things other than just the MCU, in which case you'll see characters from the comics that have no part in the MCU. There's also the rumor that X-Men and Fantastic Four will simply be post-release DLC, which is a compromise, I suppose? If anything, leaving the X-Men out of the main game could let them focus on all sorts of characters that otherwise wouldn't have had a chance to make it into this game, or bring back some old favorites like Venom.

Ultimately, I hope both sides have some really interesting and nutty character additions that you never would have expected, just like MvC3/UMvC3 did. And that doesn't include Carnage... ugh.

gatorafan

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
nightarks.enjin.com
The current Rumor is that ecksmans were veto'd when the game's development begun but nowadays Marvel is being more lenient so we might see some classic characters via very late roster additions or DLC on disk .

Except for Gambit, because he hasn't been relevant since the 90's.

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The current Rumor is that ecksmans were veto'd when the game's development begun but nowadays Marvel is being more lenient so we might see some classic characters via very late roster additions or DLC on disk .

Except for Gambit, because he hasn't been relevant since the 90's.
Gambit fans continued to get bodied.

Reactions: Lanxide

gatorafan

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
nightarks.enjin.com
Don't get me wrong, I've always been a fan of Gambit's movement and you could say I mained him in the early Marvel days (XvsSF/MvC1). It's just that hoping for him to show up feels like I'm setting up for disappointment so I'd rather not do it.

waspennator

Can you truly spare a predator?
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Looks like MVC:I failed to make it onto the main EVO roster.

SubrosianDimitri

Crowdfund Backer
Wonder what going through the minds at Capcom/Marvel
Capcom: Should have rerelased TvC on all platforms, at least there would be a lot less for us to frick up.
Marvel: We're not even really involved in this anymore.
Disney: I could have sworn this would boost sales of MCU merch.
Me: Even if the X-Men were in this game, it still can't be saved.