Mane6 Work Stream #9

18/NINE-TEEN

♫ ♪ Just Get On With It & Kill Me ♩ ♬
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Give Velvet a silver medal for that cool fresh minty breath.

Oleander gets the gold medal for putting up with Fred's antics.

Bronze medal for the 1st playable Predator in Them's Fightin' Herds.

Wonder what surprises will be in this stream?

[Edit]

Pom's pups & the pups parents gets a bunch of medals for [barking at] getting Pom to the battle arenas, whether Pom will fight anyone is another story.

Make sure your hoofs are cleaned for the live stream.

#MakeSureYourHoofsAreCleanedForTheLiveStream.

Last edited:

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
For once in my life I'm going in later to work and I'll get to catch at LEAST the first hour of stream.

First time watching, hopefully I don't get kicked out...

Reactions: Avering

NeoTensai

Twitch Streamer, Amateur Shoutcaster...
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Hello fellow foenetians, time for some more awesome stuff like every month. Lets try to extend the work stream for an additional hour this friday :p.
Anyone got ideas what we are going to see? No help from the devs plz ;)

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Still bloody late for me, but I'm hopeful I don't have to skip it.
And we are aroud the halfway mark, so yaay.

NeoTensai

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Still bloody late for me, but I'm hopeful I don't have to skip it.
And we are aroud the halfway mark, so yaay.
Which time zone are you in avering? Actualy I am really interested in all of your time zones :). So I'll start, my time zone is CET/CEST(Central European "Summer" Time)

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Which time zone are you in avering? Actualy I am really interested in all of your time zones :). So I'll start, my time zone is CET/CEST(Central European "Summer" Time)
You living in Slovenia? If that's the case, I live like half an hour from your border. At least for the summer. CEST as well though.

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
p.s. Bingo card where?
I was hoping someone else would do it this time. You know, give someone else a chance. But if no one steps up, I guess I'll do one.

NEXT TIME ON THE MANE6 WORK STREAM

Mane6 Jeopardy.jpg

Sorry for the bad art of this one. I was hoping I had more time before the next work stream.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I was hoping someone else would do it this time. You know, give someone else a chance. But if no one steps up, I guess I'll do one.

NEXT TIME ON THE MANE6 WORK STREAM

View attachment 903
Sorry for the bad art of this one. I was hoping I had more time before the next work stream.
To be honest, I have absolutely no idea what I've just seen. Have a like my friend.

That aside, we need ideas for the bingo card!
Something goes wrong at the start.
Someone gets name-dropped.
Devs laugh at some random pun.
Good pun count reaches five
Bad pun count reaches five
Panicbasket appears.

NeoTensai

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
To be honest, I have absolutely no idea what I've just seen. Have a like my friend.

Panicbasket appears.
These seem to easy XD

Rich Jammer

Backers' Beta Tester

Panicbasket appears.
These seem to easy XD
That particular one is like saying "A stream happens"
Yes, that's why they are only examples. We need better ideas.
SIGH!
Here I come to save the day!

I've made these ones harder than my previous one.
bingo.jpg

AMENDMENT: Correction, it is Beta's Lobby Editor and not Leedin's Tile Editor.
One space was supposed to be Moobot deletes SubrosianDimitri's message for spam. But Sub already said he wasn't going to show up.

Last edited:

NeoTensai

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
SIGH!
Here I come to save the day!

I've made these ones harder than my previous one.
View attachment 907
One space was supposed to be Moobot deletes SubrosianDimitri's message for spam. But Sub already said he wasn't going to show up.
Harder? :p We can make most happen intentionaly. I have some you can add that are harder. The stream has over 300 active viewers (usualy there are around 200-220) or if stream views are bellow 150 viewers at 15 min mark after every switch(so there is no cheating :p). We can also add "A new cross-species is shown" eg. Spideer, Hypnocow...

Rich Jammer

Backers' Beta Tester
Harder? :p We can make most happen intentionaly. I have some you can add that are harder. The stream has over 300 active viewers (usualy there are around 200-220) or if stream views are bellow 150 viewers at 15 min mark after every switch(so there is no cheating :p). We can also add "A new cross-species is shown" eg. Spideer, Hypnocow...
Well you gotta put in a few you know will happen. The previous one was too easy. This one relies a lot on certain individuals doing stuff or showing up. Also, my rule is unless it is stated, it counts if a streamer does it. Example, Over watch is discussed. Count this one only if the streamers talk about it. Chat discussion is not counted. Except someone pushing for hoofsies, I forgot to add in "someone in chat pushes for hoofsies. "

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
Hoofsies has to be used in a certain context for it to count but I'm not telling. Tee hee. And also I won't be the one to trigger it I promise.
Reminder that the streams (and the forums), are PG13.

... well, save for Jay swearin' every once in a while.

NeoTensai

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Rich I really hope that by Hoofsies you were refering to the fighting game old school slang word Footsie which is the mid-range ground-based aspect of fighting game strategy. And not the Ed, Edd & Eddy kind :p

EDIT: Or at the very least the Lawyer Friendly Equine one XD

Last edited:

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
#donttouchthecow

I was actually wondering where are you or if you just have a different name.

How did the Bingo card end up?

Rich Jammer

Backers' Beta Tester
I was actually kinda keeping track of the bingo card this time around, and this is what I wound up with.

Yeah, it wasn't much. I predict that don't touch the cow is gonna become a meme, though. I also left the stream early 'cause I felt like Overwatching.
"Cam intercepts a question" and "Leedin Beta's Tile Editor is shown" should be crossed out too. So yeah, no bingo this month.

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
Must admit, I'm not fond of the idea of anti air being forward light, seems like it'd be done accidentally after a bunch of runs (flashbacks of doing a long wind up move after rushing in with May in GG). Might I suggest back medium instead?
6A (Or in the case of Guilty Gear 6P) is a bit of a staple with ArcSys games, and is used in both Blazblue and Guilty Gear, but in other non-ArcSys games like Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel (Reasonably shortened to Nitro+) as the input for an upper body invulnerable anti-air attack. The 6A is usually chainable into stronger normals (which is likely why it is on your A button in the first place, though I have no inside info on why they decided for it to be on the A button, it just seems to follow with the rest of the mechanics) and allows you to continue while grounded, or jump cancel into an air combo.

If you're getting a lot of mistaken 6A inputs post-dash, you can do a few things about it. You can either just let the stick (or the corresponding input for your control scheme of choice) return to neutral before pressing the A button, oh you can use the Blazblue method of holding backwards (otherwise notated as 4) as you press the A button. The Blazblue one is specifically because of the large input buffer window, since sometimes the game will still read your directionals as a 6A even if you return to neutral before the A button was pressed. And since you mentioned Guilty Gear specifically, I figured I'd throw one out just for that game as well to give you a hand, though keep in mind, due to game mechanics this does not function in most other games. Not only can you just return to normal to press your P button, but if you don't want to maintain the slight amount of dash momentum that exists in GG, you can utilize a Faultless Defense Brake. Using FD as you dash stops your movement completely dead in its tracks and lets you continue back at perfect neutral.

For the current state of TFH, the 6A input works splendidly. It may feel better to you if you had hands on time with it, but we won't know until at least the beta unfortunately. To be fair, the input, and everything else in the game, is always subject to change at all times, nothing is real, everything is forbidden and the like. It was placed there as it was something very familiar and mechanically sound to use. The big issue with suggesting a 4B input is that if someone is trying to punish after blocking something, they could quite easily get the anti-air button instead and that could throw everything out the window. It also allows for less risky defenses, since if you hit the button too late, the move may not come out, but you'd still be holding 4 and blocking the attack you were trying to stuff. 6A is intended as an offensive answer in a defensive situation, so if you mess it up, you're going to eat some hefty damage.

Reactions: ATV

Naughta_Noob

"I mustn't betray spoon"
Backers' Beta Tester
The big issue with suggesting a 4B input is that if someone is trying to punish after blocking something, they could quite easily get the anti-air button instead and that could throw everything out the window. It also allows for less risky defenses, since if you hit the button too late, the move may not come out, but you'd still be holding 4 and blocking the attack you were trying to stuff.
This is the reason I suggested 4B instead of 4A, I'm of the mindset where lights would work better to punish, plus I'm a Q player in Third Strike so it's etched into my brain that back MP is the only real good anti air button. But in TFH's case at the moment, it seems like my possible issue wouldn't apply due to Ari having a quick anti air and seeming being the only character with a run.