Mane6 Work Stream #3

rod7post

sorry for my english! :c
Feb 3, 2016
hype :D hopefully showing a stage background complete.
or better, part of the visual lobby :3

Protect Your Joules

Comfy as Pomfy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
so what exactly is the art used here? Velvet in a sleigh being carried by a pack of overworked, under appreciated sprites?

Tribble

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Germany
Europe will have to stay up late. It starts at midnight in UTC+1/Central Europe, if I got this right. Well, maybe I'll at least catch the beginning. :)

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
Ack, I won't be able to watch this one live. I shall look forward to seeing it later on YouTube.

Rashy

EVO Champ Since Vietnam
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Ayyy more streams! So glad I donated. Never change, Mane6!

Reactions: Feanor

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth

Hey everyone.

It’s been a bit over a month since our last stream, so let’s have us another one.

Join us at our twitch channel this Friday, February 19, at 3PM Pacific Time (6 Eastern) for our third work stream.

Be sure to bring your picnic baskets!
A birthday stream? JUST FOR ME?! Surely that is why you have chosen this date?! What do you mean 'no'? This is outrageous! *stomps on picnic basket*

Can Lauren come chill with us for a bit?
^ Please? Not that we don't love you guys or anything but... Well can we have the Faust? PLEASE!? I haz questions that must needs be addressed!

Edit: Ooops, double-posted. Bad habits from EQD comments section. I'm a dirty rotten egg :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LockeRobster

(Something Original)

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
^ Please? Not that we don't love you guys or anything but... Well can we have the Faust? PLEASE!? I haz questions that must needs be addressed!

Edit: Ooops, double-posted. Bad habits from EQD comments section. I'm a dirty rotten egg :(
I would second this. Just put out the offer (do not call it a request) to her, and say that she's more than welcome to join you. Granted, I do not know her own schedule, but she can't say yes if you don't ask.

The last time I saw her live was at the Meadowlands, where she was cheered for by the crowd when they presented her with their "CREATE" art of her avatar. It would be nice to see her face after all that has happened since.

Wyrmshield

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I will only be able to watch for 2 hours :( But I am glad another one is happening! Woohoo!

Muro

Fight me in Skullgirls
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Poland
steamcommunity.com
Unfortunately won't be able to participate (as mentioned, stream time translates to around midnight in Europe and current work schedule results in not being conscious anymore around midnight time). I'll be with you in heart, while hoping whatever significant tidbits shown/revealed/mentioned/implied will appear on the forums at some point.

That said, have a blast!

Laurel Crown

Leader of the Proud Nation of Velvetia
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
As Muro said, this is hard for us europeans to join in the stream so me too have to skip this one tonight >.<

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
I do hope they manage to fix the sstream quality issue this time. I wasn't able to participate last time because my work Wi-Fi ccouldn't handle it.

gatorafan

HOLAS: (tm)
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ship02: Ur
nightarks.enjin.com
Isn't workstream 1 unlisted tho? I remember not being able to see it.

Anyway, would be cool if we could somehow make some bullet points about what we find out during the stream but knowing my luck it'll be locked on source and my Wi Fi will commit seppuku because of it.

TheOneZeelOne

Don't be afraid of the dark
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
Isn't workstream 1 unlisted tho? I remember not being able to see it.

Anyway, would be cool if we could somehow make some bullet points about what we find out during the stream but knowing my luck it'll be locked on source and my Wi Fi will commit seppuku because of it.
It's still there in playlist form.

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
I do hope they manage to fix the sstream quality issue this time. I wasn't able to participate last time because my work Wi-Fi ccouldn't handle it.
Since the M6 twitch account isn't partnered, video quality options only show up when there is a big enough number of viewers. Otherwise, the stream is at a set constant bitrate, and there's no way to make it a lower quality without the Twitch quality options, sorry.

Solvandus

Chin Piece
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Man, literally JUST started coming down with a migraine; guess I'll catch it on youtube later >>

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
Since the M6 twitch account isn't partnered, video quality options only show up when there is a big enough number of viewers. Otherwise, the stream is at a set constant bitrate, and there's no way to make it a lower quality without the Twitch quality options, sorry.
Well that sucks.

Muro

Fight me in Skullgirls
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Poland
steamcommunity.com
Twitch does keep it archived... for a while. I believe it's supposed to stay for a month, maybe two.
You can keep a Twitch archive forever if you want. The past broadcast is indeed kept for a few weeks before it gets automatically deleted, but you can save a highlight from it that's kept indefinitely. There's no limit on how long the highlight is, so nothing is stopping the streamer from highlighting the full few hour-long stream.

It's in fact my preferred way of saving tournament streams. I find it better than uploading that Youtube since 1) it's instant and 2) if the video was at a lower than 720p resolution but with a 60fps framerate, the framerate is kept on Twitch, whereas on Youtube videos that aren't at least 720p are converted down to 30fps.

Reactions: LockeRobster

TheOneZeelOne

Don't be afraid of the dark
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
You can keep a Twitch archive forever if you want. The past broadcast is indeed kept for a few weeks before it gets automatically deleted, but you can save a highlight from it that's kept indefinitely. There's no limit on how long the highlight is, so nothing is stopping the streamer from highlighting the full few hour-long stream.

It's in fact my preferred way of saving tournament streams. I find it better than uploading that Youtube since 1) it's instant and 2) if the video was at a lower than 720p resolution but with a 60fps framerate, the framerate is kept on Twitch, whereas on Youtube videos that aren't at least 720p are converted down to 30fps.
Huh, I didn't realize there was no limit on the highlights. I'd probably save everything that way too in that case.

_L1pE_

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
If you were to stream using Youtube you could always have quality options no matter the amount of viewers, plus 60fps capability. And in my experience Youtube streaming just seems better and more stable in general than Twitch, only downside though is no picnic baskets.

Reactions: Lanxide