Major Talk

Two Preferred/Favored Academic Disciplines?

• Humanities ( arts, history, religion, etc.)

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Social Sciences ( psycology, economics, anthropology etc.)

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Natural Sciences (biology, chemistry,space, etc.)

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Formal Sciences (mathematics, computer science,systems science, etc.)

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Professions and Applied Sciences ( argiculture, architecture, law, medicine, business, etc.)

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

Ferettoko

Procrastinator at Large
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Hey there, I noticed that in the Introduce Yourself thread that there were quite a few college students(who would state their major). So hey that's interesting, me too! :3

So let's chit-chat about what major's and/minors we students have and what we're interested in or whatever~(that's not to say that people who aren't currently students are unwelcome-ask questions give advice)
Thread is basically talking about yourselves(and others if you're into that sort of thing ;P)

-I'll start(not that anyone is gonna ask heh)-I'm an Environmental Studies major who's considering having Studio Art as a minor.(cause I was too chump to major in it...lol)

Introduce and discuss(rant about pet peeves), even help each other out! :D

Last edited:

Cronnicossy

Fighter Enthusiast & Teacher
Backers' Beta Tester
I major in Liberal Arts, but that's the only way to get an associates degree at my college.
Kinda just lookin' to start workin, ya know?
Don't think I'm good enough for the big money cash wad, so to speak.

At the moment I'm just living life to the fullest. While I'm still young lol.
Career comes later for me. If any.

Reactions: Ferettoko

D96

Michigan Wolverines Fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
I'm currently majoring in English with a minor in History. My goal is to get certified to teach secondary education, though I still want to go to grad school (but I'm not sure what I would want to study specifically). I've always enjoyed reading and writing, so English was an easy pick for me; I also like helping others learn, so what better way than by becoming a teacher?

Ferettoko

Procrastinator at Large
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I major in Liberal Arts, but that's the only way to get an associates degree at my college.
Kinda just lookin' to start workin, ya know?
Don't think I'm good enough for the big money cash wad, so to speak.

At the moment I'm just living life to the fullest. While I'm still young lol.
Career comes later for me. If any.
Cool cool, anything you're considering?

Ferettoko

Procrastinator at Large
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I'm currently majoring in English with a minor in History. My goal is to get certified to teach secondary education, though I still want to go to grad school (but I'm not sure what I would want to study specifically). I've always enjoyed reading and writing, so English was an easy pick for me; I also like helping others learn, so what better way than by becoming a teacher?
And what made you decide that? Is it fun? :3

Ferettoko

Procrastinator at Large
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I'll be honest with you, no.
I haven't thought about my future much, and it's a bit of a problem.

But I feel like one of the things I admire / feel like I'd be good at is being a School Counselor.
Guess I'm weird huh.

Thank you for asking anyhow!
Hey hey, well I think about my future too much.(need more action!) :p

That's interesting~ Getting a job that one admires and is good at seems pretty nice. 'X3
(not weird eh? it would be pretty bad if no one was interested in those types of jobs...)

Heh no problem~

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
I finally finished college a couple years ago after attending for far too long. Now I have three degrees, only one of which is currently doing me any good.

Only good thing about my associates in digital media is I still have my student edition of Adobe CS3, which is handy.
Got my bachelors in English (with a History minor) because I still didn't know what I wanted to do with my life and just got whatever degree I could with the classes I wanted to take.
The only degree I'm using for anything is my associates in radiologic technology (x-rays). Now I've been working in nuclear medicine for a little over a year. It's not as fancy as the name sounds, but I never get tired of people's reactions when I tell them what I do. It usually involves this face: :eek:

D96

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
And what made you decide that? Is it fun? :3
I actually haven't started the teaching courses yet (that'll be in the next semester or two), but the English and history classes have been awesome so far! I took a Children's literature course two semesters ago that was fantastic; we all made our own books by the end of it (I opted for a longer, Harry Potter/Narnia style book).

I like helping people learn, especially about stuff that I'm passionate about. I figured teaching would be a great place to just that!

So how's Environmental studies treating you? It sounds like a fun area of study, especially with Studio Art classes on the side!

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
I've always enjoyed reading and writing, so English was an easy pick for me; I also like helping others learn, so what better way than by becoming a teacher?
Whenever I used to tell people I was getting an English degree, the most common response was: "Oh, are you going to be a teacher?" That was an easy "no" for me, but I'm glad there are people who enjoy it more than I would. Much respect.

Ferettoko

Procrastinator at Large
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I actually haven't started the teaching courses yet (that'll be in the next semester or two), but the English and history classes have been awesome so far! I took a Children's literature course two semesters ago that was fantastic; we all made our own books by the end of it (I opted for a longer, Harry Potter/Narnia style book).

:3

I like helping people learn, especially about stuff that I'm passionate about. I figured teaching would be a great place to just that!

So how's Environmental studies treating you? It sounds like a fun area of study, especially with Studio Art classes on the side!
No real idea really. I finally picked the major after using up near all of my general required classes during my first year.(screw not getting those out f the way I thought) One part of the reason I went with it is because it's interdisciplinary(I have to keep an eye out one which required classes change on the bulletin- the newest one that's being set up will have more elected spaces and up to date!), so I can try around what I want a focus in.(the science aspect, or the more wordy one and so on) There seem to be a good amount of options for internships that my advisor lets us know about.

I think it could be fun once I find the niche that gets me real excited. I haven't made the minor official yet, but I enjoy art. And having it as a minor instead of a major seems more secure to me.(and reduces risk of being burnt out on it) I've been recently considering how I could combine them. Like being an illustrator for textbooks or nature books or something...

Last edited:

D96

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
Whenever I used to tell people I was getting an English degree, the most common response was: "Oh, are you going to be a teacher?" That was an easy "no" for me, but I'm glad there are people who enjoy it more than I would. Much respect.
Thanks, I appreciate it! It just seemed like a natural path for me, so I'm glad I went with it. Out of curiosity, how did you come to choose the fields you got your three degrees in?

D96

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
No real idea really. I finally picked the major after using up near all of my general required classes during my first year.(screw not getting those out f the way I thought) One part of the reason I went with it is because it's interdisciplinary(I have to keep an eye out one which required classes change on the bulletin- the newest one that's being set up will have more elected spaces and up to date!), so I can try around what I want a focus in.(the science aspect, or the more wordy one and so on) There seem to be a good amount of options for internships that my advisor lets up know about.

I think it could be fun once I find the niche that gets me real excited. I haven't made the minor official yet, but I enjoy art. And having it as a minor instead of a major seems more secure to me.(and reduces risk of being burnt out on it) I've been recently considering how I could combine them. Like being an illustrator for textbooks or nature books or something...
I hear you about the required classes. Before I decided on teaching, I just took random classes that sounded interesting/important. Turns out that I met all the pre-reqs for teaching, so that was awesome.

And it's cool that you've got such a difference between your major and minor. That really keeps your mind sharp and is just cool in general! Keeping your options open is always a great idea, especially if you're doing something you love along with it.

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
Thanks, I appreciate it! It just seemed like a natural path for me, so I'm glad I went with it. Out of curiosity, how did you come to choose the fields you got your three degrees in?
That, good sir, is a convoluted tale that spans ten years and six schools, but I will try not to get carried away in the telling of it. =p

Right out of high school, I went to a large, out-of-state university with the intention of getting a degree in computer science. Because "woo, computers!" However, I came from a tiny high school, and the change in setting was a bit too extreme for me. Also I discovered I can't wrap my head around programming. So after a year, I came back home and tried my hand at other computer-related classes at a community college. (One of my classes was dedicated to making games in Flash. That was good fun.) I ended up with a degree that focused on image editing and web design, but I wasn't particularly good at it.

After that, I switched to a local university to get a bachelors in...something. I started out just knocking out general requirements, then found that I enjoyed literature and history, the two subjects I hated most in high school. Go figure. Around that time I had decided that I'd like to be an author of science fiction and/or fantasy, so I took classes that I figured would help with that: more English and history, some anthropology, political science, and so forth. However, I was fully aware that it's impractical to make a sufficient income on fiction unless one is either prolific or famous, so I knew I'd need some other way to make a living.

Shortly before I finished my bachelors degree, someone was telling my parents that my brother should look into a career in sonography. I came into the room midway into the conversation and mistakenly thought they were suggesting it on my behalf. Either way, I started looking into it and decided to apply to another local university that offered such a program once I was done with my current studies. Unfortunately this program only takes about five people a year, but their x-ray program is several times larger and easier to get into. I started learning radtech with the intention of later switching to sono, but I later decided to just stick with radtech.

When I applied for my current job, I actually thought I was applying for an x-ray position, but when I got to the interview, my now-boss opened with: "So you want to do nuclear medicine, eh?" and I just rolled with it. xp
Now I spend my days making people radioactive and then taking pictures of their insides.

D96

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
That, good sir, is a convoluted tale that spans ten years and six schools, but I will try not to get carried away in the telling of it. =p

Right out of high school, I went to a large, out-of-state university with the intention of getting a degree in computer science. Because "woo, computers!" However, I came from a tiny high school, and the change in setting was a bit too extreme for me. Also I discovered I can't wrap my head around programming. So after a year, I came back home and tried my hand at other computer-related classes at a community college. (One of my classes was dedicated to making games in Flash. That was good fun.) I ended up with a degree that focused on image editing and web design, but I wasn't particularly good at it.

After that, I switched to a local university to get a bachelors in...something. I started out just knocking out general requirements, then found that I enjoyed literature and history, the two subjects I hated most in high school. Go figure. Around that time I had decided that I'd like to be an author of science fiction and/or fantasy, so I took classes that I figured would help with that: more English and history, some anthropology, political science, and so forth. However, I was fully aware that it's impractical to make a sufficient income on fiction unless one is either prolific or famous, so I knew I'd need some other way to make a living.

Shortly before I finished my bachelors degree, someone was telling my parents that my brother should look into a career in sonography. I came into the room midway into the conversation and mistakenly thought they were suggesting it on my behalf. Either way, I started looking into it and decided to apply to another local university that offered such a program once I was done with my current studies. Unfortunately this program only takes about five people a year, but their x-ray program is several times larger and easier to get into. I started learning radtech with the intention of later switching to sono, but I later decided to just stick with radtech.

When I applied for my current job, I actually thought I was applying for an x-ray position, but when I got to the interview, my now-boss opened with: "So you want to do nuclear medicine, eh?" and I just rolled with it. xp
Now I spend my days making people radioactive and then taking pictures of their insides.
Haha, you weren't kidding, that was a lot of shifting around for you! Sounds like it turned out alright in the end, which is great. I also went into computer science "because computers," but I pretty much left that ASAP.

Do you still go back to writing in your spare time? It sounds like you enjoyed that, but of course practicality won in the end. I'm planning on writing during summers if the whole teacher thing pans out (if there's one really great thing about teaching, it's getting summers off).

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
Do you still go back to writing in your spare time? It sounds like you enjoyed that, but of course practicality won in the end. I'm planning on writing during summers if the whole teacher thing pans out (if there's one really great thing about teaching, it's getting summers off).
I'm the sort of person who spends a lot of time working out the details of the setting, characters, plot, etc. before I start writing...to the point where I've written close to nothing so far. A couple of friends talked me into participating in NaNoWriMo in 2014, but I didn't last long.

I can write at a pretty good clip once I get started, but getting started is one of the hardest parts. It's the same problem I had with papers in school and the reason I have a reputation for procrastination. I very much embody the saying that procrastinators can do 30 minutes of work in 8 hours and 8 hours of work in 30 minutes.

Ferettoko

Procrastinator at Large
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I hear you about the required classes. Before I decided on teaching, I just took random classes that sounded interesting/important. Turns out that I met all the pre-reqs for teaching, so that was awesome.

And it's cool that you've got such a difference between your major and minor. That really keeps your mind sharp and is just cool in general! Keeping your options open is always a great idea, especially if you're doing something you love along with it.
Well hopefully with all those generals out of the way I can get some interesting other classes to take, hopefully there's room for enough proficiency at a second language there. Thinking about making it Spanish.(I doubt I'm leaving the American continent any time soon)

Ha well hopefully I love it.(I tend to enjoy things I'm good at so...) 'X3

(funnily enough when it was suggested to me before college about keeping my options opened I rebelled against it lol...delayed teen rebellion I guess)

D96

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
I'm the sort of person who spends a lot of time working out the details of the setting, characters, plot, etc. before I start writing...to the point where I've written close to nothing so far. A couple of friends talked me into participating in NaNoWriMo in 2014, but I didn't last long.

I can write at a pretty good clip once I get started, but getting started is one of the hardest parts. It's the same problem I had with papers in school and the reason I have a reputation for procrastination. I very much embody the saying that procrastinators can do 30 minutes of work in 8 hours and 8 hours of work in 30 minutes.
Oh man, I know what you mean. I'm the exact same way when it comes to writing; a couple weeks ago, I was talking to my professor from the Children's Literature class and the topic of my book I had written came up. I expressed interest in writing a sequel and she encouraged me to, but I've been sitting on ideas for forever now but just can't find a way to get them down on paper. I'm really gonna try to work on it this summer though, because I enjoy the ideas I've made and would really like to get a story down.

D96

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
Well hopefully with all those generals out of the way I can get some interesting other classes to take, hopefully there's room for enough proficiency at a second language there. Thinking about making it Spanish.(I doubt I'm leaving the American continent any time soon)

Ha well hopefully I love it.(I tend to enjoy things I'm good at so...) 'X3

(funnily enough when it was suggested to me before college about keeping my options opened I rebelled against it lol...delayed teen rebellion I guess)
A second language would be awesome; personally I'd love to learn another language, but as it is I won't have time to during my undergrad studies. If you can make it work, I'd definitely go for it, even if it's just a class or two.

And hey, I feel the same way about teaching. Since I haven't actually done any real teaching, I'm still a bit nervous over whether I'll actually love it, but I've always enjoyed English and helping others, so hopefully I love this too!

Ferettoko

Procrastinator at Large
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016

Same here one that getting started procrastination problem.... >.>
(I feel like my work ethic was better when I was younger...)

Ferettoko

Procrastinator at Large
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
A second language would be awesome; personally I'd love to learn another language, but as it is I won't have time to during my undergrad studies. If you can make it work, I'd definitely go for it, even if it's just a class or two.

And hey, I feel the same way about teaching. Since I haven't actually done any real teaching, I'm still a bit nervous over whether I'll actually love it, but I've always enjoyed English and helping others, so hopefully I love this too!
What language would you learn?

Hope you end up loving it!

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
Oh man, I know what you mean. I'm the exact same way when it comes to writing; a couple weeks ago, I was talking to my professor from the Children's Literature class and the topic of my book I had written came up. I expressed interest in writing a sequel and she encouraged me to, but I've been sitting on ideas for forever now but just can't find a way to get them down on paper. I'm really gonna try to work on it this summer though, because I enjoy the ideas I've made and would really like to get a story down.
Well good luck with that, and here's hoping we can both get our butts in gear and transfer our stories from our brains onto paper!

EDIT: I actually spent a couple semesters trying to learn Japanese. But I seldom get a chance to practice, so a lot of it has evaporated by now. =(

Last edited:

D96

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
What language would you learn?

Hope you end up loving it!
Hmm, that's a tough one. I'm partial to the Romance Languages, so maybe one of French, Italian, or Spanish. I took Spanish in high school, and I wish I had stuck with it :/

I'm also kind of curious about Northern European languages. There's just so many to choose from!

Well good luck with that, and here's hoping we can both get our butts in gear and transfer our stories from our brains onto paper!

EDIT: I actually spent a couple semesters trying to learn Japanese. But I seldom get a chance to practice, so a lot of it has evaporated by now. =(
Ha, all we need is a little motivation. Hopefully we can get that rolling. I'm always open to bounce ideas around, so let me know if you've got something good and I can give you some feebdack!

Reactions: Ferettoko and Stars

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
I'd kind of like to learn Russian, myself. Not for any practical reason. Just because I like the sound of it. Also their alphabet confuses me, and I want to unlock its secrets.

D96

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
I'd kind of like to learn Russian, myself. Not for any practical reason. Just because I like the sound of it. Also their alphabet confuses me, and I want to unlock its secrets.
Ah, the ever-mysterious backwards R! Russian would be a pretty cool language to learn. Fun fact: a long time ago, when I was still in elementary school, I was in a program where we "learned" Russian (a.k.a. learn how to write and say the alphabet). it was neat, though I don't remember any of it.

Ferettoko

Procrastinator at Large
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I think Chinese or "scary" German could be cool too. Or even a Native American language! :0

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
Ah, the ever-mysterious backwards R! Russian would be a pretty cool language to learn. Fun fact: a long time ago, when I was still in elementary school, I was in a program where we "learned" Russian (a.k.a. learn how to write and say the alphabet). it was neat, though I don't remember any of it.
Let us not forget the upside-down N. That does sounds neat though. My elementary school just taught us a bit of Spanish. Mostly just simple things like colors and numbers up through 20.

I've encountered a surprising amount of Vietnamese speakers while spending time in hospitals for school and work. I have some passing familiarity with a lot of languages, and can usually tell Chinese, Japanese, and Korean apart by sound. Vietnamese, however, simply does not sound like real words to me.

I think Chinese or "scary" German could be cool too. Or even a Native American language! :0
Chinese is probably one of the hardest languages you could try to learn. Far be it from me to tell you not just try. Just don't say nobody warned you. =p
Germanic languages are fun though. My sister minored in German and now lives in Holland speaking Dutch and has tried to teach me a bit of each.

Bolsha

Just your ordinary chemist
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I took couple courses of Slovak because I got time. Unfortunately I'm very bad in learning languages.

Could be worse I guess.

D96

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
I'm hoping to study abroad sometime during my undergrad so that I can pick up the local language (even just a little bit).

I took couple courses of Slovak because I got time. Unfortunately I'm very bad in learning languages.

Could be worse I guess.
Hey, better than me at least! I remember one summer I picked up a bunch of French learning guides from the library. Never cracked 'em open before I returned them :/

Max APogee

Five gold and a party!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Kent, UK
www.facebook.com
I'm about half way through studying for a degree in forensic science. It's basically a chemistry degree, as forensic science is mostly just analytical chemistry, so I spend a lot of my time in labs making cool coloured fluids in conical flasks (which I'm sure is the only reason people go into chemistry, lol :D) but we've also had units on criminal law, evidence collection and crime scene management and things like that (in fact, I had a crime scene assessment this last week, which I totally aced (for the most part) :D)

The British university system seems to be quite different from the American system, as far as I can tell. We don't study for majors and minors, mostly, we have a set programme of study and just take classes related to that programme.

*snip*
This sounds very similar to my situation (though the main difference is I've not actually finished a degree ... yet) forensic science is actually the third degree I've studied for. The first time I went to university was to study creative writing, but I didn't really get on well with that so I dropped out after only a couple of months. The second time I was studying animal conversation and bio-diversity (which is a long winded way of saying animal science) This one was actually going really well, but in my second year there was a huge hiccup in my student loan payments which meant that I was in a position whereby I couldn't afford to get to my classes and I missed more than I could catch up with and sadly had to drop out of that one too. I was really enjoying that programme too, it gave me the opportunity to work as a zookeeper for two years looking after big cats, which was easily the best job I've ever had even though I wasn't being paid for it.

It was during this second degree that my interest in forensic science was piqued, during one of our biology classes we were going over some of the different applications of what we were learning and forensics was one of them, so when the chance came to go back to school that's what I decided to study. I've always been a huge nerd and science has always been my favourite subjects in school (so I really don't know what drove me to want to study creative writing ... :p) Thankfully, things are going really well with this degree, so far, I have a little over a year left to study now, so hopefully things will continue going well ;)

Reactions: Ferettoko and Stars

Ferettoko

Procrastinator at Large
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I'm about half way through studying for a degree in forensic science. It's basically a chemistry degree, as forensic science is mostly just analytical chemistry, so I spend a lot of my time in labs making cool coloured fluids in conical flasks (which I'm sure is the only reason people go into chemistry, lol :D) but we've also had units on criminal law, evidence collection and crime scene management and things like that (in fact, I had a crime scene assessment this last week, which I totally aced (for the most part) :D)

The British university system seems to be quite different from the American system, as far as I can tell. We don't study for majors and minors, mostly, we have a set programme of study and just take classes related to that programme.

This sounds very similar to my situation (though the main difference is I've not actually finished a degree ... yet) forensic science is actually the third degree I've studied for. The first time I went to university was to study creative writing, but I didn't really get on well with that so I dropped out after only a couple of months. The second time I was studying animal conversation and bio-diversity (which is a long winded way of saying animal science) This one was actually going really well, but in my second year there was a huge hiccup in my student loan payments which meant that I was in a position whereby I couldn't afford to get to my classes and I missed more than I could catch up with and sadly had to drop out of that one too. I was really enjoying that programme too, it gave me the opportunity to work as a zookeeper for two years looking after big cats, which was easily the best job I've ever had even though I wasn't being paid for it.

It was during this second degree that my interest in forensic science was piqued, during one of our biology classes we were going over some of the different applications of what we were learning and forensics was one of them, so when the chance came to go back to school that's what I decided to study. I've always been a huge nerd and science has always been my favourite subjects in school (so I really don't know what drove me to want to study creative writing ... :p) Thankfully, things are going really well with this degree, so far, I have a little over a year left to study now, so hopefully things will continue going well ;)
Do guys have electives(optional "fun" classes not necessarily related to your main stuff) across the pond?(I heard once that they're not a thing there)

Max APogee

Five gold and a party!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Kent, UK
www.facebook.com
Do guys have electives(optional "fun" classes not necessarily related to your main stuff) across the pond?(I heard once that they're not a thing there)
Not really. Speaking personally, I don't have time on my timetable to fit any elective courses in, some of the less intensive programmes occasionally elective units but they're usually related in some way to that programme. For example during my first year we had physics students in out ballistics classes and we had law and criminology students in our introduction to forensics classes.

Other universities might do things differently, but none of the ones I've gone to have offered elective courses like that.

Ferettoko

Procrastinator at Large
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Not really. Speaking personally, I don't have time on my timetable to fit any elective courses in, some of the less intensive programmes occasionally elective units but they're usually related in some way to that programme. For example during my first year we had physics students in out ballistics classes and we had law and criminology students in our introduction to forensics classes.

Other universities might do things differently, but none of the ones I've gone to have offered elective courses like that.
Ah okay. Does it get wearisome that way?

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
*snip*

I've always been a huge nerd and science has always been my favourite subjects in school (so I really don't know what drove me to want to study creative writing ... :p) Thankfully, things are going really well with this degree, so far, I have a little over a year left to study now, so hopefully things will continue going well ;)
I loved math and science in high school and hated English and history. Then I got to university and took very little math and science in favor of English and history. Now I work in health science, which is unlike all of those things. :confused:

Good to hear that you're doing well though. Best of luck with your final year!

Reactions: Max APogee

Max APogee

Five gold and a party!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Kent, UK
www.facebook.com
Ah okay. Does it get wearisome that way?
It can do, it would be nice to take a break from all the chemistry and so something fun like photography or a foreign language for a little bit, but like I said, my timetable is pretty rammed as it is, so I really don't have time to fit anything like that in (on the other hand, I have a buddy who's taking film studies and he only has two days of lectures a week, so other programme areas could probably find time for elective courses.)
I loved math and science in high school and hated English and history. Then I got to university and took very little math and science in favor of English and history. Now I work in health science, which is unlike all of those things. :confused:

Good to hear that you're doing well though. Best of luck with your final year!
Many thanks. :)

Sounds like you've landed a really interesting job. The medical sector is somewhere I've considered looking for a job, doing lab work for a hospital or something along those lines. One of the benefits of the degree I'm taking is that it opens up all sorts of science area jobs, not just those related to forensics. Though landing a job in forensics would be the ideal, those jobs are few and far between, so I at least have options when it comes time to start looking for 'grown up' employment ;)

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
The medical sector is somewhere I've considered looking for a job, doing lab work for a hospital or something along those lines.
Definitely something I considered, but I didn't take enough chemistry. I'm still holding out for accident-based super powers though. I did get some radioactive blood on me a few months ago, but it hasn't given me any powers as far as I can tell...

Last edited:
Reactions: Max APogee