Magic: The Gathering

Which colors do you love using the most?

• Red

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Green

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Black

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • White

• Blue

• Total voters

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
I'm sure I'm not the only one here who plays Magic. It's one of, if not the longest running TCG around. I didn't really get into it until the middle of the Kamigawa block (why don't they return there?), so I don't have too much knowledge of the earlier stuff, but I thoroughly enjoy playing it when I get the chance.

This is to discuss whatever involving MTG, opinions on sets (new and old), talking about your deck(s), what kind of strategies you like/dislike, all that good stuff.

I currently have 4 decks:
Black/White: Extort deck, mostly focused on draining my opponents' life, works really well in multiplayer games. Have a planeswalker in this deck, Sorin: Lord of Innistrad, to produce vampire tokens for shields, power my creatures up, and if I can get him up enough, take control of several enemy creatures.

Mono Blue: Control deck, summon Welkin Tern (2/1 with flying) to hit my opponent over and over while countering and bouncing their creatures back to their hand constantly so they can't fight back. Augrey Owls to Scry so I can stay on top of my cards, and a few bigger things to defend and fight off some of the nastier enemy creatures.

Red/Green: Aggro, summon big things until my enemy dies. Not really a good deck, just kind of a joke full of big things to deal massive damage.

Mono Black: Zombies, mostly weak ones, need better cards for this one. I have Urborg (which makes all lands count as swamps in addition to their regular land type) and a Zombie Master (old 4th edition card, all of my zombies have swampwalk and regenerate for 1 black) to zerg rush my opponent with hordes of zambeez!

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Wow, I haven't played this for years. I still have my old leviathan deck, but that's it. And a foil Nicol Bolas 'cus it looks cool.

A88mph

Game Maker and Starship Captain.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
a88mph.itch.io
I played Magic a little bit though the Lackey CCG game engine. I played a modern-format mono white deck that was designed to increase my Life Point count and If I had a monster on the board if I had 40 Points or more, I would win. It also had cards involving a weird symbol that made my opponent pay more for their cards, bit I can't remember what it was. Other then that, I'm not really a Magic Planeswalker, I grew up as a Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist.