Logo Cross Stitch

MidwestB

Jack-of-many-trades, master of none
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Minnesota
Hey guys! So I started this project when there was still a week left of the crowdfund, then put it down for most of November and December. I picked it back up with the new year and finished it last night.

It's the first time I've hand dyed fabric for cross stitching (was white originally), and even though I spent a couple hours trying to get the dye to set, some pink wore off on some of the white thread of the logo. Still pretty happy with it!

Stats:
about 70 hours of stitching total
forty-something colors
~13.5k stitches
the mounting is 10.5" tall by 10.75" wide
It is done with 2 strands of floss on 18 count fabric
I can't afford to get it framed, but I've mounted it on nonacidic black foam core board.

If one of the devs want it, and postage wouldn't be too much, they can have it. Otherwise, it'll be collecting dust on my shelf.

icon2jpeg.jpg

thumb_IMG_2027_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2028_1024.jpg
For scale
thumb_IMG_2026_1024.jpg
The mounting on the back

OmegaOzone

Dorito Pope
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Canada
www.youtube.com
Whoa, dude, that looks rad af.

Like icekatze said, I would love to know more about the process behind this. Looks like it takes a ton of commitment.

MidwestB

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Minnesota
Thanks you guys! To make the pattern, I took the largest picture of the logo I could find (I was going to use the visual lobby sprites, as they were much smaller and already pixelated, but they hadn't been posted yet when I started this):
TFHlogo.png

And put it in photoshop to shrink down and clean up the colors so that one pixel would be one stitch:
TFH.png

(The black pixels were there just to help me count stitches)

I put that image through a program I've been working on for Mac to convert the image to a cross stitch pattern, though there are others that do the same thing. I didn't agree with a couple of the thread colors it chose, but didn't realize it until after using them, so I had to redo a part of Tianhuo's tail and I unpicked all of Paprika's outline and redid it in a darker color. I also added the dark red on the logo so the letters look like they have a shadow.

Here's the image my app made using rgb values for the threads it came up with:
TFH(rgb DMCvalues).png

The pattern itself is a pdf, though with all the changes I've made while working on it, I'd rather not have an outdated pattern circulating. Here's a screen grab of one of the pages though:
pattern page png.png

Cross stitching is pretty relaxing, but time consuming. It's fun to sit back and watch movies or tv while doing it.

Kahsher

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
This looks amazing.
I have to learn how to cross stitch.

SloppyJoe403

Also known as Soctavia
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Iowa
Waow that is AMAZING! I don't think I would have the patience (let alone talent) to do something like that!

MidwestB

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Minnesota
Woah! That looks really good. Will you be making more cross-stitch patterns for Them's Fightin' Herds? o:
Thank you. I'd like to still do the lobby sprites, thought I have a few other stitching projects I need to do first, and other non-stitching stuff as well.

Reactions: StopShot

StopShot

But can you poni-poni-poni?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
An Alternate Timeline
Thank you. I'd like to still do the lobby sprites, thought I have a few other stitching projects I need to do first, and other non-stitching stuff as well.
That's fine, but don't be a stranger if you ever feel like producing more Them's Fighting Herds patches. Your work is definitely welcomed here! ^u^

Jack Dragen

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Wow, this is amazing. It looks so cool!
I'm sure that if the devs find out they'll be fighting each other for it.

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
I used a similar method to make these 16bit pixels I have as my profile pic.
Arizona grayson.png Velvet Grayson.png just logo.png
I also turned them into a shirt, but I don't have a good picture of it yet.

Solvandus

Chin Piece
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wowie; that's amazing. I've seen traditional drawings, digital drawings and 3d models, but this is the first TFH cross-stitch I've ever seen. :0