Lockerobster art thread

LockeRobster

Drawfriend & ALPHA Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
Should someone make a thread that is just a big art dump (what a great way with words I have!)? Rather than having like 4-5 different artist specific ones. Or would that usurp people's fans and risk homogenising the content? Any thoughts?
I made this thread back when the board started because all of us weren't sure how much art there would be so individual threads popped up. Personally i like this better than one enormous thread of all fanart to dig through. That said, having to click on individual art threads to see if that artist produces content you want is also not ideal.

I think a booru style board thats interconnected with the current user system of the site would be the best. But that kind of integration would take time and Mane6s focus should be on the game first and foremost.

Lockerobster, you still here?
Yes :)

RustleRustle

Sunbreaker Titan, Fireteam "Ad Mare Cognitum III"
Mar 31, 2016
European Dead Zone, Earth
I made this thread back when the board started because all of us weren't sure how much art there would be so individual threads popped up. Personally i like this better than one enormous thread of all fanart to dig through. That said, having to click on individual art threads to see if that artist produces content you want is also not ideal.

I think a booru style board thats interconnected with the current user system of the site would be the best. But that kind of integration would take time and Mane6s focus should be on the game first and foremost.

Yes :)
Them'sFightin'Booru? That'd be pretty schwifty.

LockeRobster

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
Will they eventually have colours added? Would make for a great profile picture round here.
You're a smart cookie Tox. After I finished this I thought the same thing. It takes me ages to do the whole digital art thing though so ill just make them as people request them. Do you have a character preference? I cant stop others from using it as well if they want but maybe I could do alternate colours for people?

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
You're a smart cookie Tox. After I finished this I thought the same thing. It takes me ages to do the whole digital art thing though so ill just make them as people request them. Do you have a character preference? I cant stop others from using it as well if they want but maybe I could do alternate colours for people?
Do you do OCs?

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
I think your fan art (aside from anything spideer-related x_x) is absolutely wonderful in black and white. It loses something in translation to color though...strong Ari, for example, looks a little flat.

Of course, I am no arteest.
The sketches have smooth shading and the digital versions don't. they just have this cartoony shading. I don't know what was actually going through Lockerobster's head when he made these but I think it makes sense to not spend the time shading these because they aren't meant to be viewed at this size. they are supposed to be profile pictures or icons of some sort. Shading on a pic that small would be lost. But who knows. He might just be lazy like me. I can't judge; I don't do shading either (but that is partially because I can't with the program I use)

Reactions: Sutekh94

LockeRobster

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
I think your fan art (aside from anything spideer-related x_x) is absolutely wonderful in black and white. It loses something in translation to color though...strong Ari, for example, looks a little flat.

Of course, I am no arteest.
Fair criticism. I struggle with that even with my monochrome sketches from time to time. Thats something ill just have to work on over time.

RustleRustle

Sunbreaker Titan, Fireteam "Ad Mare Cognitum III"
Mar 31, 2016
European Dead Zone, Earth
Got a special treat for y'all toady.

My Sassy Oleander sketch has been coloured by everyone's favourite ungulate, our old mate @Rich Jammer

Thanks Rich, It looks as immaculate as I thought it would.
Wew lad, I love this method of digital coloring; keeps the shading without looking flat. Byoutiful.
Oleander's a cute. Then again, Oleander's always a cute when she's drawn in your style.
Maybe that's why Anu has such an obvious crush on her.

LockeRobster

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
Sorry @Rich Jammer

I dont have access to my laptop/scanner so heres an un-polished sketch photographed on my phone. This is Arizona getting ready to deliver a Firemans Carry Facebuster to one of Rich Jammers OCs. The bird is having none of it.

I'm sure hes a gentle guy but his sheer size is seen as a challenge to the small calf hungry to prove herself.

In a few weeks ill polish this, scan it, and reupload but till then. Enjoy.

Redness

The Class Pet
Oct 17, 2016
Fœnum
www.youtube.com
Sorry @Rich Jammer

I dont have access to my laptop/scanner so heres an un-polished sketch photographed on my phone. This is Arizona getting ready to deliver a Firemans Carry Facebuster to one of Rich Jammers OCs. The bird is having none of it.

I'm sure hes a gentle guy but his sheer size is seen as a challenge to the small calf hungry to prove herself.

I glanced at this several times but I just realized that the bull is @Rich Jammer character. I feel dumb lol

Reactions: Tox

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
Sorry @Rich Jammer

Uh oh, Arizona dun goofed. The bird will be back for revenge.
Ari-Nest.png

LockeRobster

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
Its been a long time since my last artwork but I'm just lettimg you all know that I'm working on a new piece.

This one is set to be my most detailed TFH sketch to date meaning its going to take me a while to complete I'm afraid... Howver I can say that if you are Tian-fam your going to be pleased. The piece will simply be called:

The Firelord.

Stay tuned.

Delusional Dreamer

Dreamer of Delusional Dreams
Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
Its been a long time since my last artwork but I'm just lettimg you all know that I'm working on a new piece.

This one is set to be my most detailed TFH sketch to date meaning its going to take me a while to complete I'm afraid... Howver I can say that if you are Tian-fam your going to be pleased. The piece will simply be called:

The Firelord.

Stay tuned.
Ooo, sounds exciting, I can't wait to see your end results.

LockeRobster

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
Well, I've been gone for a while! How y'all doing? Got a lot to catch up on so I'll get right to it.

Here's a new WIP I'm working on right now of cutest cow.
I'm trying to do a Lawyer Friendly Equines:FIM MOVIE style version of her. You probably cant really tell right now but when I get the shading done I'll hopefully I'll be able to achieve the aesthetic I've got in my mind.

I'm also still working on The Firelord (or rather I saw it recently and got inspired to work on it again) and hopefully will have it completed this month. No promises

Alright, I'm off to get caught up. Peace.

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
I'm trying to do a Lawyer Friendly Equines:FIM MOVIE style version of her. You probably cant really tell right now but when I get the shading done I'll hopefully I'll be able to achieve the aesthetic I've got in my mind.
No, I saw it in the eyes before I read what you were going for.
Looks good!

Reactions: Tox

LockeRobster

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
Well this quick sketch took longer than expected and turned into a ful-blown piece.

Click the tumbnail for the full size image.

This is my take on Arizona done in the Lawyer Friendly Equines Movie style; Slightly chubby face. rounded edges on horns and hooves, and shimmery eyes. I feel like her body is missing some fine shading to give it the full movie look but at this point I'm afraid of ruining it so I decided to call it as is.

Had a lot of fun drawing this as this character is SO GODDAMN ADORABLE!

As always hope you all love it.

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
Well this quick sketch took longer than expected and turned into a ful-blown piece.

Click the tumbnail for the full size image.

This is my take on Arizona done in the Lawyer Friendly Equines Movie style; Slightly chubby face. rounded edges on horns and hooves, and shimmery eyes. I feel like her body is missing some fine shading to give it the full movie look but at this point I'm afraid of ruining it so I decided to call it as is.

Had a lot of fun drawing this as this character is SO GODDAMN ADORABLE!

As always hope you all love it.
I'm really tempted to make this for you in colour.