Lockerobster art thread

$Bison

Apr 11, 2016
I can't help but feel Arizona's eyes get bigger and bigger each time you draw her, Locke. XD

LockeRobster

Drawfriend & ALPHA Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
I can't help but feel Arizona's eyes get bigger and bigger each time you draw her, Locke. XD
Trying to find a groove. Almost all art i see of Ari she is angry. Im working on sketches that display other emotions but of course since i have no frame of reference they may look off at times. Thanks for the feebdack though, money!

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
Trying to find a groove. Almost all art i see of Ari she is angry. Im working on sketches that display other emotions but of course since i have no frame of reference they may look off at times. Thanks for the feebdack though, money!
Here's a reference where she's not angry.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Here's a reference where she's not angry.
I think you'd be grand at giving the bottom left face a shot.

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
I think you'd be grand at giving the bottom left face a shot.
Bottom middle doodle be like "Paint me like one of your French girls." But the REAL question is... who's drawing the picture?

(Actually, it looks more like she's trying to copy Velvet's pose.)

LockeRobster

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
Hey guys here's some new content for y'all. After seeing the stream last week I loved what Jay did for Tian in terms of her patterns, check it out:

Not sure if its going to make the final cut (really hope it does) but seeing it made me think of another game franchise and how they spice up the design of their characters which is what inspired me to draw this. I give you

MEGA-TIANHUO

In her mega-form she adopts the glowing spiral patterns taken from Jay's concept design, I also made her eyes sharper and with a fiery ring around the iris as well as fire coming out the side of her eyes and finally I gave her big o'l :bark::bark::bark::bark: off horns! (although I think they may be a little too much...) This is like some Super Saiyan 2 shit right here. Anyway hope you guys like it, let me know what you think.

RustleRustle

Sunbreaker Titan, Fireteam "Ad Mare Cognitum III"
Mar 31, 2016
European Dead Zone, Earth
Hey guys here's some new content for y'all. After seeing the stream last week I loved what Jay did for Tian in terms of her patterns, check it out:

Not sure if its going to make the final cut (really hope it does) but seeing it made me think of another game franchise and how they spice up the design of their characters which is what inspired me to draw this. I give you

MEGA-TIANHUO

In her mega-form she adopts the glowing spiral patterns taken from Jay's concept design, I also made her eyes sharper and with a fiery ring around the iris as well as fire coming out the side of her eyes and finally I gave her big o'l :bark::bark::bark::bark: off horns! (although I think they may be a little too much...) This is like some Super Saiyan 2 shit right here. Anyway hope you guys like it, let me know what you think.
My only response.

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas

MEGA-TIANHUO

So I'm assuming you drew this the CORRECT way by shouting angrily to the heavens while you drew every line and didn't drink any liquids in the process at all? Which should be about 2 hours.

Reactions: LockeRobster

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth

MEGA-TIANHUO

Ooooh, this epic!

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens

MEGA-TIANHUO

Language, Robster.

LockeRobster

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
Been a long time coming but I have new content! Preliminary designs for Foenum giraffes.

Forgive me for the pun names!

Its been talked about on the forums and in the dev streams for ages but after the anniversary stream - hearing Lauren talk about giraffes made me decide to finally try drawing them. 2 of the sketches (the ones with hair) were my attempt at a Lauren OC style giraffe. It didn't really turn out the way I wanted but I was surprised with a couple of the 'Foenum style' giraffes I drew, they came out cuter than expected!

I know giraffes will probably never get into the game because of their size but considering giraffes are Laruen's favourite ungulate I reckon they will be worked into the lore one day.

As always hope you guys love it!

RustleRustle

Mar 31, 2016
Been a long time coming but I have new content! Preliminary designs for Foenum giraffes.

Forgive me for the pun names!

Its been talked about on the forums and in the dev streams for ages but after the anniversary stream - hearing Lauren talk about giraffes made me decide to finally try drawing them. 2 of the sketches (the ones with hair) were my attempt at a Lauren OC style giraffe. It didn't really turn out the way I wanted but I was surprised with a couple of the 'Foenum style' giraffes I drew, they came out cuter than expected!

I know giraffes will probably never get into the game because of their size but considering giraffes are Laruen's favourite ungulate I reckon they will be worked into the lore one day.

As always hope you guys love it!
>South African accent

If you make her a female version of Sharlto Copley, I will love you forever.

Delusional Dreamer

Dreamer of Delusional Dreams
Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
Man, you are fantastic drawings, props to you.

(I originally wrote some crap about not being good at things here. This isn't the place for that kind of stuff, at least not here.
Look at the fancy pictures and feel inspired instead of inadequate.)

Last edited:

LockeRobster

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
Right, I'm back
Hey Guys!

Done a vector of my OC Corvette, check her out. Be warned; she is SUPER naked :\

Now. I've been staring at her [totally professionally] for hours now so I think I've become blind to any mistakes I may have missed. Digital art isn't my strongest skill so I would like you're opinions on my work. I think her colours might be too bright? but I feel like when I add her cloak and satchel they will absorb a lot of the colour from her... dragonscale fur?

Hope you guys love her!

Original sketch here:
Alright, I've revisited the vector I did of Corvette and I think her colours are just too bright. I've reworked her colour scheme to a more palatable pallet

I went for a safer colour scheme quite similar to Tian's but still tweaked enough to be different. Is this also too bright? Once again; digital art isn't my strength so my eye for complimenting colours isn't that strong. Any feebdack or assistance would be appreciated.

RustleRustle

Mar 31, 2016
Right, I'm back

Alright, I've revisited the vector I did of Corvette and I think her colours are just too bright. I've reworked her colour scheme to a more palatable pallet

I went for a safer colour scheme quite similar to Tian's but still tweaked enough to be different. Is this also too bright? Once again; digital art isn't my strength so my eye for complimenting colours isn't that strong. Any feebdack or assistance would be appreciated.
Still adorable, still worthy of cuddles and bellyrubs.

LockeRobster

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
Paprika - The Thirstiest Llama

Drew this in multiple pieces some time ago, finally touched it up, and put it all together. Here we have Paprika sowing a little extra affection for a nonchalant Emperor Kuzco in his unwanted llama form. I hope we get a Kuzco pallet for Paprika.

Let the shipping commence! Hope you all love it.

Last edited:

RustleRustle

Mar 31, 2016
Paprika - The Thirstiest Llama

Drew this in multiple pieces some time ago, finally touched it up, and put it all together. Here we have Paprika sowing a little extra affection for a nonchalant Emperor Kuzco in his unwanted llama form. I hope we get a Kuzco pallet for Paprika.

Let the shipping commence! Hope you all love it.
Spine-snapping hug imminent.

RustleRustle

Mar 31, 2016
Uh... this might still be a bit too lewd.
Guess this is what happens when you live in a country that shrieks in rage when something is above a T rating.

Last edited by a moderator:

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
Good stuff! You're doing god's work!

Your tumblr name cracks me up.

and where is velvet?

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
Should someone make a thread that is just a big art dump (what a great way with words I have!)? Rather than having like 4-5 different artist specific ones. Or would that usurp people's fans and risk homogenising the content? Any thoughts?

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
Should someone make a thread that is just a big art dump (what a great way with words I have!)? Rather than having like 4-5 different artist specific ones. Or would that usurp people's fans and risk homogenising the content? Any thoughts?
That is the reason I created my Sketches & Doodles for Those of us Who Can't Draw thread is for random people to upload art they did.
These threads for specific artists are nice in my opinion because they create a following for specific artists and help to prevent thread derail and such.