Lobby chat, profanity filter and more

NeoTensai

Twitch Streamer, Amateur Shoutcaster...
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
So we already know "alot" about the MP Lobby for TFH, but there is always someting more you can ask so here is what I was thinking of recently.
So I am going to guess that for the lobby chat there will be a standard chat box where you will chat/whisper/challenge people. What I am wondering will there be a profanity filter? And not just that but will it ALSO apply to a certaint game that shall not be mentioned and to the Lawyer Friendly Equines original content, the way it is filtered on the site here. I really find it amusing and a bit funny, kind of like an inside joke.
Next.
It was said that the lobby would be filled with a x amount of people(just enough to make it feel like a populated city). And that players that would engage in a battle would be connected P2P, but what happens to the lobby when the host goes into the fight? Does his lobby still allow people to chat and move around. Could spamming while the host is fighting cause connection problems? I think this was already asked, but what happens when the host leaves the lobby?

Last edited:
Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Delusional Dreamer

Dreamer of Delusional Dreams
Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
What the MOO did you just BAA about me, you little NEIGH? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Imperial Guard, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids against the Hold, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in Alpaca warfare and I’m the top fighter in the entirety of Fœnum. You are nothing to me but just another win. I will wipe you the MOO out with combos the likes of which has never been seen before by ungulates, mark my ROAR/NEIGHing words. You think you can get away with saying that WOOF to me over the Internet? Think again, BAAA. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of Ice Sprites across Fœnum and your key is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, moogot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re BAAAing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hooves. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of Unicorn Magic and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable HUM off the face of the continent, you little MOO. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your BLEATing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you (whatever noise Fred makes goes here) idiot. I will MOO fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ROARing dead, kiddo.

In conclusion, Mane6 please let this happen.

Last edited:

NeoTensai

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
"Have you played with the old MOO? I really liked BAAAA, which character would work as her?"
"Have you played with the old "rarara"? I really liked the "second-rate book horse", which character would work as her?
The names in the quotations marks are the filtered words and are used on the forums as replacements. The MOO's and BAAA' could work for other swear words.

Last edited:

NeoTensai

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Moo and Baaa wotk with everything.
True, but let me reiterate for the third time. I was asking about profanity filter for words that are not really swear words but are still frowned upon by the developer and for good reason. Words/names that consist of other companies IP eg. The Lawyer Friendly Equines and the fan game that shall be referenced for the third time now but not mentioned in this forum/thread with respect to the developers wishes of keeping that fiasco in the past and focusing on the game we are getting leaving no confusion that TFH is a completely a different and standalone game

gatorafan

HOLAS: (tm)
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ship02: Ur
nightarks.enjin.com
Yes, if there was a filter, we need it to at least switch swearing into animal noises. Maybe not an actual sound as that would just invite people spamming swears, but a "What the MOO" could be funny.
If there is enough people and coordination we could compose a song made of obscenities.

NeoTensai

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
If there is enough people and coordination we could compose a song made of obscenities.
Sadly that would only work if each obscene word would have exactly one sound.
Well now I want to see a relative of Pom. A black sheep by the name of Sven Bømwøllen or Sven for short.
God damn it guys now see what you made me do.

Last edited: