List of Livestream Lore/Gameplay Bits

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
I would say good job cause you had me fooled until part 2. Funny that it was past the part where Matt and Patt were yucking it up with me in the chat since I wasn't even there.
Ok, Jay went away for a lunch break and the chat picnicked, so you got that right. While reading, I kept trying to figure out where I ended up joining and leaving. Also I'm with Rich, that was pretty believable until part two. (besides for the fact none of that happend and it made me wonder if Jay made two different streams.) If the stream comes up on YouTube will you do another recap?
... You had me completely fooled, and I was even at the stream. I had thought that perhaps there was another one that I had somehow missed. You devious little ram you...
Wow, get pranked y'all. I wish I could remember things down to the second like that. You trust me too much. I'm curious to know when the jig was up. Was it the booty wiggles? It was probably the booty wiggles.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Wow, get pranked y'all. I wish I could remember things down to the second like that. You trust me too much. I'm curious to know when the jig was up. Was it the booty wiggles? It was probably the booty wiggles.
To be fully honest: "...none of this happened. Everything I said up there was a lie."

Delusional Dreamer

Dreamer of Delusional Dreams
Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
It will not come up on youtube.
That makes sense. Don't know why I thought it would when I posted that. I guess I'm just delusional...
It was the bloody handprint and naked dancing. I probably should have sensed something sooner, considering I was actually there and all that, but I'm gullible.

Reactions: Stunthead

TwistedSheep

A sort-of-artist
Backers' Beta Tester
I was going to recap Jay's sneaky stream today, but when I went on Twitch I found they had already removed the archive. Thankfully I had already seen it once and I have an amazing memory so I was able to make the recap anyway. So here it is, a 100% legit recap from your completely trustworthy friend Stunthead who would never lie to you. Let's get started!

MANE6 SECRET WORK STREAM #1 - OCT 18
PART 1

0:00 - The stream has just Jay and nobody else. The majority of the first part is him creating more backer items, and a few he has already created can be seen on the sidebar. The names include things like "Spring Glasses", "Fu Manchu" and "Feedbag."
2:14 - Jay says that they have finally been able to give Paprika some love in the animation department, and we can expect more fully animated moves from her by the next main stream.
15:40 - Jay finishes the first item, a hoodie (just the top part, nothing on the body).
15:53 - Oh, what's this! A folder on the photoshop sidebar is lablled "Faction Leader Items." I haven't heard anything about this yet but I can only assume this means the leaders of the RP factions will be getting unique items? Or maybe items the leaders can gift to other players, who can then gift to other other players, until it spreads throughout the community like a virus. Either way, should be a fun addition.
16:12 - Jay doesn't say anything while making the next item, but he does occassionally grunt. It almost sounds like he's saying someone's name.
26:89 - Jay speaks again, no explaination for the silence. The item is a yellow and white cap.
30:31 - New meme, incoming!
41:55 - A shoutout is given to Matt and Patt from 2 Best Friends Play, who are in the stream chat yucking it up with Rich Jammer.
44:09 - Another item done, a hotdog bun that goes around the character's heads. Jay had to create two versions because it looks different depending on which side you look at it from.
46:29 - Oh, what's this! Another folder! And this one says "Stream Recapper Cap." I can only assume this is a unique item for some good soul who selflessly recaps streams without expecting anything in return! How kind of them to create an item for him or her anyway!
50:16 - Jay is no longer making items, he's playing around with the dynamic fire engine. They have a new fire effect for Tianhuo and Jay is showing it off. He continues showing it off for the next 30 minutes.
1:08:28 - We can expect a new song to drop on the 23rd from RC88. It's Oleander's character theme.
1:25:13 - Stream stops for a second, chat picnics.

PART 2
0:00 - Stream is recovered, Lindsay, Nappy, Luke and Anu are in the stream now as well.
1:37 - They show off a new Oleander idle! And it has more booty wiggles than ever! Unfortunately, they've already decided that they aren't going to be using this idle either, but they wanted to show it off anyway. I hope somebody managed to snag a gif of that because it doesn't sound like they plan on showing it again.
6:66 - Nappy says they've been trying to think of new functions for the magic meter when in the single-player lobby. Paprika might be able to use her magic to summon healing items outside of fights.
9:40 - I forget the specifics here but for some reason they start talking about vegemite.
39:55 - Still talking about vegemite. This is also the point where this becomes the most viewed stream they've ever done. It feels like everybody was there to see it live except for me :(
43:01 - Luke touches the cow, everyone is just sorta pissed off about it for a while and nobody talks to him for the rest of the stream.
48:28 - The team joke (I think?) that the game is going to be renamed to "Mammal Panic 2." I assume the "2" is a reference to the ill-fated last game they were making?
59:54 - Jay turns on the webcam, turns out everyone has been in the same room the entire time, just using different microphones. There's somebody lying on a bed in the background who looks to be in their early fifties. They don't move for the rest of the stream and their presence is never acknowledged.
1:13:53 - Jay finally gets back on track and finishes another item. It's a bloody handprint slapped on the sprite's faces. I would have thought they would make it a hoofprint so it fits the lore better (seeing as humans don't exist in this universe), but I guess we could assume that it's a gorrila hand or something.
1:09:02 - The team decide to devise some new dances like the ones they have for Ari and Velvet, so they all strip naked and start dancing. The chat gets hype. No music is playing.
3:33:22 - Lindsay accidentally calls Arizona "Cow," says "That's one more for the bingo chart."
ᄅϛ:Ɩㄣ:Ɛ - Lauren drops into the chat for a moment! She tells the story of the time she woke up in a pile of corpses that looked just like her. She immediately leaves.
3:51:55 - Jay sings a new Pom song, then confesses that Pom is the best character. Everybody else agrees except for Anu, who still says Oleander is the best character.
4:00:48 - Lindsay has to leave, she is meeting up with her friend Montresor to taste his vintage amontillado. She puts on a jester hat and leaves. The webcam is turned off.
4:20:21 - Ha! Called it!
4:20:45 - Stream abruptly ends, screen flashes this gif for a moment.

...I think you're all smart enough to work this out yourselves, but in case it wasn't obvious, none of this happened. Everything I said up there was a lie. I didn't even get to see the stream before it was taken down. I'm pretty sure it was mainly Jay making backer lobby items, but I honestly have no idea. This is what happens when I don't get to see streams guys, I panic.
...Mmmmm I am inclined to believe all that I may have been there but you are a more trustworthy source than me

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

The Yaski

Acting representative of the Empire of Tianhuo
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Honestly, I thought the booty wiggles were legit and I was hoping someone had capped it. I caught on at 6:66.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I just realised that part one of the stream will be only three minutes long unless either tossed to the bin, or fused to the rest of the recording from Lindsay.

Also, just to add something Stunthead will not: Everything was on fire, which was fine. Then Lindsay became imaginary for a bit. Then stream started. Same old, same old.

Last edited:

Delusional Dreamer

Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
I just realised that part one of the stream will be only three minutes long unless either tossed to the bin, or fused to the rest of the recording from Lindsay.

Also, just to add something Stunthead will not: Everything was on fire, which was fine. Then Lindsay became imaginary for a bit. Then stream started. Same old, same old.
The Internet also exploded a little.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
The Internet also exploded a little.
Yes. So, a quick additional pre-stream info: Cam was there two hours and fourty-five minutes before the sream at least. People started to be really lively one hour before start. That's when Anu told us the internet is exploding a bit. Then it was just random stuff in the chat. Then the explosions stopped, but everything was on fire.

Delusional Dreamer

Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
Yes. So, a quick additional pre-stream info: Cam was there two hours and fourty-five minutes before the sream at least. People started to be really lively one hour before start. That's when Anu told us the internet is exploding a bit. Then it was just random stuff in the chat. Then the explosions stopped, but everything was on fire.
Never less, it was a great stram.

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
I got sentenced to community service for lying so much in my last recap. Fortunately, the community I'm serving is the TFH community, and the service is just doing more recaps. A bit like punishing a janitor by forcing them to clean up the campus they already work at. Anyway, here's a boring normal recap for you all. Enjoy.

MANE6 WORK STREAM #11 - OCT 21
PART 1
0:00 - We get a little glimpse at Lindsay's work on the backer-designed characters. Some of the artwork the backers submit is visable off to the side, and we can see Lindsay drawing a horse.
0:41 - Pom's stage has gotten some work in the hill/tree department.
2:08 - There will be a little bit of animation in the background of the final product. Cloud/mist movement, windmill turning, trees bounce during heavy hits, all that good stuff.
2:59 - Oleander's stage. It's set in the unicorn forest, so very light and bright to contrast Oleander.
4:34 - Sun editor is played with, epic god rays are made.
5:05 - The Devourer is the sun, confirmed.
6:33 = Tian's idle is just one of a couple of ideas that they have, nothing is final yet.
11:17 - Ari's stage is getting a touch-up. Still a work in progress but it looks pretty good. I will point out that the sun in the background not lining up with the shadow in the foreground is bothering me more than it should though.
13:01 - Lindsay goes back to the backer-designed characters, more of the backer artwork is shown,
15:59 - The team talk about some of the drawing tips Lauren gave Lindsay. There's a nice little explaination as to what makes Lauren's style so unique and why it's deceptively hard to imitate.
20:27 - The drawings Lindsay has are the left are a first pass from before she got the drawing tips. They will be getting makeovers.
21:53 - They don't quite know where these characters are going to go yet, as they'll probably not be considered canon (so as to not disrupt the Foenum universe they're trying to establish). They'll find a space for them. Hell, maybe there can be a dedicated stage for all the non-canon designs. That's one option.
22:34 - Little Okapi is given special focus.
25:42 - Backer pallets have not been created yet.

PART 2
0:06 - Spooky cow puns.
2:56 - The AI is aware of it's own hitboxes and will perform attacks that change the hitbox shape to avoid taking damage. It will chain these moves into combos and basically be super scary.
4:19 - The floating green boxes here represent the places where the player's hitboxes are. Using this, the bots can make predictions about where the player will be (the purple boxes), forcing the player to change their playstyle to confuse the opponent like they would have to do with a real person. This also means the bots can guess that you're going to jump even before you jump and can lead their attacks (especially helpful for projectiles). Spooky.
8:13 - The AI is being made as hard as possible so that it can be scaled back. They need to build up a library of AI skills so that they can pick and choose which ones will be activated and when.
11:29 - The end goal is to create an AI that can be conditioned. They can predict, which means they can trick you, but you can throw their predictions off, which means you can trick them.
16:50 - Customisable difficulty may be a thing, but in any case the devs should be able to set individual enemy AI to be unique, for example, an enemy that is purely reactive or an enemy that won't punish you for jumping. This will help teach players skills where relevant.
20:15 - Pom's WIP AI is shown off. Funnily enough, her purely counter-play based unfinished state fits her character pretty well. "I'm not going to fight you... unless you take a swing at me, then I'll massacre you.
25:37 - The way the AI is set up, they can totally make "desperation modes" for when the timer runs low or when their health is almost all gone. The AI already kinda does that. If they get cornered, they will pull out the big guns.
26:50 - More lobby stuff. Dapper Arizona walks into a house, lighting changes as she goes in, enemies spawn outside, Arizona gets dunked on.
30:33 - A lot of people who play fighting games just play the single player, which is something the team is not going to overlook, hence the story mode with an actual story and all the work being done on the AI.
34:34 - Indie game cameos are not currently planned. A few backer accessories reference indie games, but nothing from their end.
35:59 - Beta tried to figure out how other games did AI, but wasn't able to come up with much substantial. These systems are mainly original ideas.
38:47 - The team reads this question and neglects to answer it. Shame on this team. The question was whether or not counter-hits have any special properties to them.
39:25 - A clip is shown of Arizona-bot learning to reposition itself, scary stuff.

PART 3
0:00 - Damn it, Jay has the chat open in the side of the video. Does this mean I have to pay attention to see if any questions get answered? Augh, my eyesight isn't good enough to do that. Just know that the chat is open, so there may be some question-answering going on in there.
0:37 - This part is full of items being shown off, most of them backer items. The first one is a little broken-heart necklace. If two combine together, they read "BFF."
0:40 - Golden ankh
1:13 - There may be a new registration point added to the mouth of the characters for things toots and horns.
1:38 - The current plan is to go the TF2 route of item equpping and allow around 3 items to be equipped at 1 time as long as their equip regions don't overlap.
3:17 - Cool Saxophone.
5:17 - Nose Spoon.
5:40 - Spooky Mask
6:10 - Orange on Face
6:41 - TMNT Mask
7:08 - Creepy Helmet
7:41 - Eyepatch with eye drawn on it.
11:14 - M. Bison hat.
11:53 - Red klonoa hat.
13:07 - A bearded dragon named Sammy on top of head.
13:15 - Black flat cap
13:24 - Tiny Arizona on top of head
14:06 - Tarton flat cap
14:32 - A head mallard
15:39 - Antler crown
15:55 - Everyone has different states to their sprites so that items can be equipped without clipping issues.
16:51 - Austrian Dragoon helmet
17:47 - Milk delivery cap (Suits Arizona). Blue version is the shiny version.
18:25 - Shark eating characters heads.
19:15 - Cat ears
19:44 - Fengguan
20:14 - Jester hat, perfect for tasting vintage amontillado in.
21:28 - Book on head
22:04 - Orange and white striped bow. That is not a bowtie, Jay, get it together.
22:35 - Orange and black striped tophat.
23:11 - Checkered tophat
23:48 - The shiny stuff will, unless requested otherwise by the backer, be a shimmer effect that occassionally flickers over the item.

And that's it. See how much more interesting the recaps are when I make them up? Oh well, until next time.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
In the chat it was confirmed that this predictive ai will be a good way to learn footsies. Also, I even mentioned you in the visible chat window during Jay's part and you haven't noticed. I'm disappointed in you.

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
In the chat it was confirmed that this predictive ai will be a good way to learn footsies. Also, I even mentioned you in the visible chat window during Jay's part and you haven't noticed. I'm disappointed in you.
Sorry. Like I said, I find that chat a little hard to read. Can I get a time stamp?

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Sorry. Like I said, I find that chat a little hard to read. Can I get a time stamp?
Wow, 480p. Anyways, it's right at the start, around the middle. My name is bright orange.
I mentioned that now you have the chat record. Though it's kinda impossible to read.

You know M6, I still have my one month twitch turbo from the 2014 E3 humble sale. Why don't I send you the code and see if it works? Maybe it could help with quality and firefighting.
Edit: Never mind it expired already.

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
Wow, 480p.
Maybe it could help with quality and firefighting.
Jay's internet isn't very good so he streams at a bitrate of like, 800 max. That's the best quality he can get, and since we just port the twitch archives over to youtube, that's the best quality it will ge there as well. Twitch Turbo will do nothing for an account's ability to stream better.

Delusional Dreamer

Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
I got sentenced to community service for lying so much in my last recap. Fortunately, the community I'm serving is the TFH community, and the service is just doing more recaps. A bit like punishing a janitor by forcing them to clean up the campus they already work at. Anyway, here's a boring normal recap for you all. Enjoy.

MANE6 WORK STREAM #11 - OCT 21
PART 1
0:00 - We get a little glimpse at Lindsay's work on the backer-designed characters. Some of the artwork the backers submit is visable off to the side, and we can see Lindsay drawing a horse.
0:41 - Pom's stage has gotten some work in the hill/tree department.
2:08 - There will be a little bit of animation in the background of the final product. Cloud/mist movement, windmill turning, trees bounce during heavy hits, all that good stuff.
2:59 - Oleander's stage. It's set in the unicorn forest, so very light and bright to contrast Oleander.
4:34 - Sun editor is played with, epic god rays are made.
5:05 - The Devourer is the sun, confirmed.
6:33 = Tian's idle is just one of a couple of ideas that they have, nothing is final yet.
11:17 - Ari's stage is getting a touch-up. Still a work in progress but it looks pretty good. I will point out that the sun in the background not lining up with the shadow in the foreground is bothering me more than it should though.
13:01 - Lindsay goes back to the backer-designed characters, more of the backer artwork is shown,
15:59 - The team talk about some of the drawing tips Lauren gave Lindsay. There's a nice little explaination as to what makes Lauren's style so unique and why it's deceptively hard to imitate.
20:27 - The drawings Lindsay has are the left are a first pass from before she got the drawing tips. They will be getting makeovers.
21:53 - They don't quite know where these characters are going to go yet, as they'll probably not be considered canon (so as to not disrupt the Foenum universe they're trying to establish). They'll find a space for them. Hell, maybe there can be a dedicated stage for all the non-canon designs. That's one option.
22:34 - Little Okapi is given special focus.
25:42 - Backer pallets have not been created yet.

PART 2
0:06 - Spooky cow puns.
2:56 - The AI is aware of it's own hitboxes and will perform attacks that change the hitbox shape to avoid taking damage. It will chain these moves into combos and basically be super scary.
4:19 - The floating green boxes here represent the places where the player's hitboxes are. Using this, the bots can make predictions about where the player will be (the purple boxes), forcing the player to change their playstyle to confuse the opponent like they would have to do with a real person. This also means the bots can guess that you're going to jump even before you jump and can lead their attacks (especially helpful for projectiles). Spooky.
8:13 - The AI is being made as hard as possible so that it can be scaled back. They need to build up a library of AI skills so that they can pick and choose which ones will be activated and when.
11:29 - The end goal is to create an AI that can be conditioned. They can predict, which means they can trick you, but you can throw their predictions off, which means you can trick them.
16:50 - Customisable difficulty may be a thing, but in any case the devs should be able to set individual enemy AI to be unique, for example, an enemy that is purely reactive or an enemy that won't punish you for jumping. This will help teach players skills where relevant.
20:15 - Pom's WIP AI is shown off. Funnily enough, her purely counter-play based unfinished state fits her character pretty well. "I'm not going to fight you... unless you take a swing at me, then I'll massacre you.
25:37 - The way the AI is set up, they can totally make "desperation modes" for when the timer runs low or when their health is almost all gone. The AI already kinda does that. If they get cornered, they will pull out the big guns.
26:50 - More lobby stuff. Dapper Arizona walks into a house, lighting changes as she goes in, enemies spawn outside, Arizona gets dunked on.
30:33 - A lot of people who play fighting games just play the single player, which is something the team is not going to overlook, hence the story mode with an actual story and all the work being done on the AI.
34:34 - Indie game cameos are not currently planned. A few backer accessories reference indie games, but nothing from their end.
35:59 - Beta tried to figure out how other games did AI, but wasn't able to come up with much substantial. These systems are mainly original ideas.
38:47 - The team reads this question and neglects to answer it. Shame on this team. The question was whether or not counter-hits have any special properties to them.
39:25 - A clip is shown of Arizona-bot learning to reposition itself, scary stuff.

PART 3
0:00 - Damn it, Jay has the chat open in the side of the video. Does this mean I have to pay attention to see if any questions get answered? Augh, my eyesight isn't good enough to do that. Just know that the chat is open, so there may be some question-answering going on in there.
0:37 - This part is full of items being shown off, most of them backer items. The first one is a little broken-heart necklace. If two combine together, they read "BFF."
0:40 - Golden ankh
1:13 - There may be a new registration point added to the mouth of the characters for things toots and horns.
1:38 - The current plan is to go the TF2 route of item equpping and allow around 3 items to be equipped at 1 time as long as their equip regions don't overlap.
3:17 - Cool Saxophone.
5:17 - Nose Spoon.
5:40 - Spooky Mask
6:10 - Orange on Face
6:41 - TMNT Mask
7:08 - Creepy Helmet
7:41 - Eyepatch with eye drawn on it.
11:14 - M. Bison hat.
11:53 - Red klonoa hat.
13:07 - A bearded dragon named Sammy on top of head.
13:15 - Black flat cap
13:24 - Tiny Arizona on top of head
14:06 - Tarton flat cap
14:32 - A head mallard
15:39 - Antler crown
15:55 - Everyone has different states to their sprites so that items can be equipped without clipping issues.
16:51 - Austrian Dragoon helmet
17:47 - Milk delivery cap (Suits Arizona). Blue version is the shiny version.
18:25 - Shark eating characters heads.
19:15 - Cat ears
19:44 - Fengguan
20:14 - Jester hat, perfect for tasting vintage amontillado in.
21:28 - Book on head
22:04 - Orange and white striped bow. That is not a bowtie, Jay, get it together.
22:35 - Orange and black striped tophat.
23:11 - Checkered tophat
23:48 - The shiny stuff will, unless requested otherwise by the backer, be a shimmer effect that occassionally flickers over the item.

And that's it. See how much more interesting the recaps are when I make them up? Oh well, until next time.
Great recap! All the hats were pretty great, and I love that we can wear more than one TF2 style. There was a (an?) M. Bison hat, I wonder if we could have a cosplay party.

TheWalrus

Feb 17, 2016
My first thought was the Limbo. They would be natives from one or more alternate worlds instead Foenum.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Just finished reading through this from page 1. Thanks a heap for writing these up!
Hopefully I won't miss the next one :)
If my leet calendar skillz are right, the next one should happen next week. Time is usually the same + a few minutes until the fires are put out.

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
The introductory text for these recaps is kinda like a monthly diary for me. A chance for me to say what's on my mind. Lately I've been worrying that I'm too self deprecating. But isn't thinking you're too self deprecating a form of self deprecation? It's the catch 22 of self improvement. Anyway. I was at this stream for once. I did not pay attention at all because I was mucking about in chat. You guys can be so distracting sometimes. Lez do.

MANE6 WORK STREAM #12 - NOV 28
PART 1
0:00 - More showing off of the story mode tool progress.
0:40 - The showing off begins
1:38 - The little sketchy character portraits that pop up during speech are adorable.
1:56 - I can't wait for them to get expressions into the game, because Velvet's faces on the side are hilarious.
2:22 - Lauren is developing the story mode now. They seem to have the general start-finish at this stage. You'll play as different members of the 6 starting characters as the story progresses, you will not just pick one and stick with them the entire time (as I understand it, that's closer to the arcade mode).
3:16 - "Yer face is dumb." It seems that they have the ability to trigger fights from conversations, which may give them the chance to make optional character fights if they so desire. Neat.
4:35 - "Never speak to me or my daughter ever again." - Rich Jammer, chat.
5:29 - The plan is to have the Beta for the first quarter of next year, and if memory serves, they planned to release the game fairly soon after that. If they stay on track we'll likely see the game (fairly) early next year.
8:38 - Nappy breaks everything and turns Oleander into a pulsating sign post.
9:21 - A little cutscene happens, it contains a veal pun. All is well with the world.
9:31 - Now Arizona can charge her stomp in the lobby, which can stun enemies in a radius. Doing this makes them briefly stunned at the beginning of the fight once you go into combat.
11:54 - Stomp and then stomp again to destroy enemies right away and skip predator fights. I think we can assume this won't work on other key seekers.
13:24 - These dialogue options are the best.
14:54 - The predators will have full graphics soon enough. They're thinking about having some other types of predator, not just the shadowy type, but that all comes down to time (as Jay helpfully reminds us through song).
16:00 - The game will still be linear. This is not an open-world RPG. There will be a few silly little things hidden around the place though.
17:29 - The Arizona stage has had some minor updates. I'm not sure if they showed this last time. If only there was a way for me to find out, like some sort of recap or something...
18:00 - A general change is that knockdowns work slightly differently now. If somebody is knocked down, they are vulnerable to multiple hits instead of just one, meaning they have to tech out of knockdown or wait until the juggle decay fills up. The change was largely made because they thought the game would be more consistent if characters who looked like they could be hit could actually be hit.
20:25 - Pineapple is Kenneth, the other programmer. He made the "Don't touch the cow" thing. He also does a lot of the training mode and optimization tools. He built a munging tool which Lab Zero seems to like.
25:55 - You heard it here first, folks. An ungulate's squishiness is directly proportional to their max HP. I'm taking squishiness literally by the way. So it looks like Arizona is slightly less squishy than Velvet. We shall see how this develops.
27:05 - Not many changes to Ari yet, just slight damage adjustment.
28:28 - Velvet is super slidey. Look at her go.
28:32 - Velvet's wind ability still needs at least 1 full magic chunk to be activated, but the move itself no longer costs 1 magic chunk minimum. You can now just tap it to lose a portion of magic instead of all of it.
29:28 - The icicles were causing so much hitstun that anything could be comboed off of them, so that has been made shorter.
30:06 - The way Velvet and Tian gain magic will be looked at and altered fairly soon.
30:47 - That Velvet palette is called bomb pop. The idea at first with Velvet was that all of her skins would be icecreams.
33:05 - Oleander gained a 3 bar magic version of her spark. It's not too high in damage but it moves fast, steals a lot of meter and causes a wall splat.
35:26 - Lauren wants to make a few changes to the story, then they'll be taking a look at dialogue for the characters. The team is keen to give the characters voices.
37:45 - Paprika has a rough concept for a run animation now. It is joyous.
38:11 - A new Paprika fruit has been implimented, still without graphics, but the functionality is there. This one recovers a large amount of super. It appears to be a dragonfruit or something.
40:10 - Attacking while in the air over Paprika's food traps will not cause you to be locked into eating it. It only works while standing or crouching.
40:49 - If the enemy eats Paprika's food, Paprika will get the expended magic back. If she eats her own food, that charge of magic stays depleted until the next round. The idea behind this is that accepting Paprika's gifts makes her more willing to give more. Refusing them makes poor Pappy sad and she has to eat alone :(
41:57 - It's likely that Paprika's level 2 super will involve some sort of magic reload, so if she uses all her magic herself she can gain it all back. It depends how strong this ends up being.
42:48 - Paprika has a super finally. She zooms off one side of the screen, zooms back on, and lands a bunch of hits lightning quick. The direction she faces during the super freeze is the direction you're supposed to block from.
44:18 - Someone asks what Paprika will throw at predators. The team says changing what she throws depending on the character wouldn't be too hard, as the thrown items don't require much animation.
47:00 - I have worked out the squishiness of all the characters from least squishy to most squishy.
  1. Arizona and Paprika are very not squishy, with 4750 HP. (Hardness Points) They must be made of solid muscle. Surprising really. Perhaps it factors out the Alpaka fluff and goes purely by the shaven body.
  2. Velvet is somewhat squishy with 4400 HP. Velvet, the model Rein citizen she is, understands the importance of staying in shape, but can't help endeering herself to her loving fans with a touch of softness here and there.
  3. Oleander is notably squishy with an HP of 4250. She has been training for years, but her life of isolation consuming nothing but Uni-Cornchips and (literal) Mountain Dew has finally caught up to her.
  4. Finally we have the severely squishy Tian and Pom with 4000 HP. I expected this from Pom seeing as she is basically a hacky sack with legs, but Tian? She is much more squishy than those scales make her seem. She must have a lot of give underneath that exterior hardness. She's like a cream egg. Filled with lighter fluid.
  5. Bonus round: The shadowy hunter has 2200 HP, which I think we all saw coming seeing as they are literally a smokey shadow.
Yes, I know this isn't what they meant by "squishy." Shut up. I'm having fun,
47:27 - Tian has a command dash where she can snek around close to the ground. It is low enough to get under projectiles.
48:28 - WAIT HOLD THE PHONE. Did I just see a sneaky booty wiggle? You thought you could sneak that past me, didn't you, devs!
48:47 - When done in the air the command dash becomes a sweet flip.
49:21 - Jay appreciates an INFERIOR WIGGLE.
49:57 - The "bash attack" as they call it is slightly altered to be affected by the juggle decay.
51:08 - Tian's lvl 2 super will get slightly changed because getting a full different moveset is hard to wrap your head around.
51:50 - "I think the dragon horses butt looks kinda strange. o_0" - Youtube comment section.

PART 2
0:00 - Oleander stage has had some major updates, and it looks byootiful if I do say so myself.
2:55 - I knew it! I knew I saw Tian do the wiggle!
6:27 - The thumbnails for Velet's new and improved stage are shown off, and they're pretty sweet.
7:38 - The original Velvet stage ended up feeling a little too cluttered and intentionally foreground/background. The second version was a little too spread out. The new version will feel a bit more proud and dense, with very strong vanishing points and all that good stuff. Unless they decide to change it again, of course.
10:48 - We see the in-game, polygonal WIP of Velvet's stage.
12:01 - I think we all wanted a more prominant ship, Lindsay.
14:42 - Huh, Jay is also very conscious of his actions despite being fairly headstrong. Perhaps it's a cultural thing. Wait, why am I including this in the recap? I'm rambling again. Let's move on.
19:05 - More backer character WIP. One character they thought was a weasel is actually a squirrel. Whoops.
20:59 - Pssh. These guys fussing over how they should have viewed the last stream so they would know what was already shown. You have a recapper for that.
21:04 - Very minor update to Pom's stage. Some vegetation was added.
25:17 - The team blows up the sun. Again..
26:35 - The team runs out of things to show. There are 35 minutes left in the stream. This is concerning.
27:11 - The specifics of the story will probably be kept pretty close to the team's chest. Which is good. I like surprises.
27:51 - That was me talking about the earthquake. I felt it. My house did the cha-cha real smooth.
28:20 - Paprika will be the next thing they work on puppet-wise. Poor girl has lagged behind. They're still figuring out the blanket, plus the fluff-on-fluff-off aspect is a bit tricky.
31:24 - They are currently staying away from command normals whenever they can, but they can add new things if the characters need it. The launcher and the anti-air are the only command normals guaranteed to be there for every character.
33:49 - Anu has been working on backer-submitted palettes. Currently they're doing exactly what everyone is asking for, which may turn out terrible, so they plan on making them look as good as possible without ruining the original idea.
34:10 - Lindsay realises she isn't doing anything for the stream to watch so she starts quietly working in the background.
35:36 - At this stage, the shadowy enemy predator things will not be playable. They're just mooks, not developed characters. If it is possible, it would have to be some sort of alternate mode.
36:33 - They have some ideas for the announcer (COUGH DavidAttenborough COUGH) but Jay says they'll hide their ideas under some coats for now and hope everything works out. I can't tell if he's referencing The Simpsons or referencing 2 Best Friends referencing The Simpsons.
38:38 - That was me again. I really remembered nothing from this stream. If you're reading this, it's likely you didn't either.
38:48 - They're still aiming for an April release, but stuff will keep trickling in afterwards. They're going for a base-level release and if there's any cool features they want to sneak in afterwards, they'll do it.
40:09 - If they go over time they probably don't have quite a big enough cushion of extra funds to keep paying for the extra months of development, but they'll figure it out. They won't just stop, because as we all know this game is their life now and if they abandon it just because they don't have food then that makes them JERKS! (jk luv u <3). Jay mentions that they've actually dipped into the "unforseen stuff has happened" fund a little.
41:02 - If they get done before the deadline, they'll start adding in the sexy extra shiny things that they've always wanted, which will push back development to the deadline anyway. So don't expect an early release just because the game gets finished.
42:05 - That was me again again. I wasn't serious about the horde mode guys, I was just making a "Them's Fightin' Hordes" pun. But hey, if something is added to the game because of a stupid pun that I made, I would be more than okay with it.
45:15 - Long discussion on small game communities and not splitting your playerbase and stuff.
48:44 - They talk about managing online communities and how much they should step in when it comes to keeping the online experience friendly. They consider changing every curse word into "Puppy."
52:13 - The discussion that they're having reminded me of this video.
1:00:00 - I feel like I stopped noting down the start of the different discussions, I was just kinda listening. Most if it was Jay and Nappy spitballing ideas and speculating how games work in a more general sense.

Wow, much like the stream, this recap got really long for no particular reason. Whatever. If this post gets to 500 likes I'll do a face reveal and unbox a lootcrate.

Last edited:

Redness

The Class Pet
Oct 17, 2016
Fœnum
www.youtube.com
Questions me and my friend asked:
(PT1)
ME: 44:19 I was one of the two guys that asked about what would Paprika throw predators.

ME: 52:24 "Where did that puppy animation for Pom go? The one where they fight/play". They said it would be a cute thing.

ME: 35:55 I was one of the two guys that asked how the seatch for voice actors is going. Their still searching.
(PT2)
FRIEND: 5:29 I'm not sure if this was a coincidence or not, but Myfriend asked a milk related question and one of the developers talked about the milkyness of the pond. 0_0

ME: 30:40 I was one of the 2-3 guy asking about dog names... Interesting stuff. :3

ME: 37:26 I was wondering if the combo system would be as complex a Skullgirls (Because I'm trash st getting combos). I was not disappointed with the answer I got! It's a four button system!

Last edited:

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
Oh, you're right, that was GWMonkey. It sounded Rich Jammery though. Forgive me Monkey, come to the front desk and state your name next time you shop with us and you will be given up to $50 off your purchase.
Why do I always get the credit for terrible jokes? I bet when the game comes out and there's a terrible pun in there people will scapegoat me for writing it.

Delusional Dreamer

Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
Why do I always get the credit for terrible jokes? I bet when the game comes out and there's a terrible pun in there people will scapegoat me for writing it.
Ewe are doing it even now! "Scapegoat." That's why ewe always receive credit for terrible jokes! Ewe might not have meant to put that there but your subconscious is actively making you make puns! No need to bleat yourself up, this is nothing gnu, I've learned from past endeavors that you can't control your subconscious and it will forever remain a gnu-sance, but ewe can try to graze over your text and see if ewe made a pun or joke before posting. Cowever, ewe seem stranger in this regard, since ewe don't seem to be a faun of it. Hold your horses, what if in steed this behavior is the result some sort of baahd disease? Oh deer, I wonder if it's contagious? I hope I haven't goaten it. Alpaca my medical supplies and head over, hooves crossed I don't get stuck in a giraffic jam. Wool ewe do me a favor and assess yourself and make sure ewe don't feel any other symptoms? Pray to ManeSix that we don't have to put ewe out to pasture for being tainted by this vile pathogen.

Last edited:

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
Hello everybody, I hope you had a merry whatever. This stream was fairly short and sweet, but it did make me realise how much closer this game is to being completed. Things are happening. Stuff is getting done. Since I don't imagine they'll be revealing too much of the story mode until the game is released, these streams are going to start moving quickly out of the rough groundwork stage and into the "Look how shiny we can make everything" stage. I'm excited.

MANE6 WORK STREAM #13 - DEC 23

PART 1
0:00 - Stream 13. Unlucky for some, but not for us, as we're starting with a bit of Lindsay. She's doing some work on a pillar for the Paprika stage.
0:20 - On one hand, that was a horrible pun. On the other hand, that goofy laugh Lindsay did was the best thing in the entire stream.
0:59 - We get a look at the in-development Paprika stage, with some lovely tents in the background.
3:28 - Updated Velvet stage has been updated further. Lots of lovely buildings and snow.
4:58 - The symbol on the sail is an Icelandic helm of awe called AEgishjálmur. It is to induce fear and protect against and abuse of power.
5:30 - Snowflakes will probably be added in the animation pass. The polish stage draws ever closer.
7:00 - Lindsay is briefly confused because Pom has a different palette. We are assured that she is keeping her pink colour.
8:20 - Paprika's stage will have rocks. Lots and lots of rocks.
8:31 - Lindsay's program allows her to paint directly onto the 3D models, which is awesome. Lots of talk about this follows for those interested.
16:31 - Pineapple has been poking at the tutorial mode, so nice to know that's underway.
21:00 - The program Lindsay is using can add effects in real time. She shows that off here, including some real-time rain and snow painting.
22:08 - Poo jokes.
27:32 - Beta has been working on some story mode stuff, but he couldn't show it this stream, so hopefully we can see that next stream.
30:24 - Now Lindsay, don't touch that cactus!
31:58 - The pillars are implemented.
33:17 - War of the Wools?

PART 2
0:48 - Nappy's turn. The characters now flash red on a hard knockdown or wall splat to make it easier to understand what's going on when watching the match.
1:37 - Glad to see the people in chat are as concerned about the wiggle as I am. Nappy promises they'll find a place to use the old idle soon enough.
4:29 - The dragonfruit may be changed to something a bit more appealing.
5:02 - For an extra cost you can fire out a specific gift instead of a random one.
5:16 - New Paprika item: flower pot. It hits the enemy twice. The second time is an overhead.
6:00 - Another new Paprika item (that doesn't have a graphic yet): A rolling item that will cause a trip. I mean, like, they'll fall down, not the other kind of trip. Paprika gives this item a little kiss before rolling it :3
8:11 - Her level 2 is this picnic basket which will give her 6 free gifts to throw. It will despawn after a few seconds. This raises three very important questions.
  1. Will an enemy Paprika be able to throw gifts from the same basket?
  2. Can you use the level 2 without cancelling from a level 1? And if you can, will it still do damage? Because if not, it seems like performing the level2 without cancelling will be objectively worse than doing it with cancelling.
  3. When the basket times out, will it disappear in flames like the twitch chat icon?
9:11 - Eating a gift from the picnic basket, even if Paprika has no charge when she spawns it, will still result in her gaining charge. So eater beware.
12:56 - When called to command, the puppies flash white. When they're about to attack, the puppies flash red.
14:05 - Double tap magic to make all your puppies come to you. This works with the big mama too, which is... scary.
17:09 - Tianhuo's level 2 is getting looked at. Having a whole new set of normals was kinda confusing, so instead of changing normals, they're looking into having it change her specials.
17:45 - After performing her death-wiggle, Tianhuo does an izuna drop which is now replacing her multiple-hit pillar attack. The drop is so powerful it kills the immortal Velvet and crashes the game.
18:30 - The team looks like they're going to be putting an emphasis on Tian's snake-like appearance with some slithery movements.
19:58 - The uppercut, after activating your level 2, hits twice now.
20:15 - Nappy is a professional who always remembers to turn off his phone before streaming.
20:42 - Tian's other level 2 charged super, which I don't know the name of, now hits the opponent at a higher angle to help maintain height.
21:03 - The izuna drop does damage based on how high you drop them from. It's like the other move, but it doesn't hit a bunch of times, it just hits once and it hits hard. It also causes a ground bounce when the install is active, meaning you can start another combo right off the bat, effectively doubling yout damage.
22:44 - Idea: What if, when bring dragged down by an izuna drop, the characters do a really long scream that terminates when they hit the ground. So the higher you carry them before the drop, the longer they scream for. Not only would this be fun, but it would also subtely encourage people to perform that move from as high as possible, teaching them how to get the most damage out of it without directly telling them. You can have that one for free, Mane 6.
26:40 - A minigame built by Pineapple is shown off. It's a target-destroying time challenge that doubles as a tutorial on how to move and attack quickly and efficiently. Also, floating cows. Because everything is a cow until the polish stage. This is the law of TFH development.
32:42 - Velvet's version of the target stage has floating MOVING cows, as well as a bunch of stuff designed to teach people how to play the character properly.
34:22 - Nappy breaks the target stage and learns nothing.
35:15 - In future versions of this target stage, they may have a few targets that can only be broken by certain attacks to help guide the player in the right direction.
37:03 - The team is having fun with the dialogue in the story mode. Again, hopefully we'll see this next stream.

Part 3
0:00 - Adorable sprite Velvet and adorable sprite Sprite give us a quick tour of Pom's WIP visual lobby stage.
0:30 - I'm sure this was obvious, but they do plan to have at least one visual lobby per character at launch.
1:04 - Shadows will be added to the visual lobbies which will drastically change how they look.
1:46 - The big ol' tree for Oleander's lobby is shown (work in progress still).
3:04 - Oleander stage bush cover.
3:36 - Arizona's WIP lobby stage shown.
3:55 - Spooky cave fun!
6:50 - The team doesn't know what the limit for lobbies is yet. Probably quite a few people. Higher than eight. They want us to "feel the population." But not literally. That would be an odd thing to want.
7:28 - Fush is still coming but there was a glitch where the characters would beach themselves. For those of you not in the backer forum, fush seems like it's going to be some sort of natural waterslide that players can go down in the river. I think.
9:33 - DARKNESS FALLS ACROSS THE LAND!
13:50 - Lindsay suggests a little lobby extra where you can line the puppies up and make them bark at different pitches to make music. The team really want to do it and really don't want to do it at the same time.
14:37 - A bunch of information about how the servers are going to work that I don't feel like transcribing. It'll be smooth, that's the important thing.
16:42 - They've recently gone back into finishing up character modles so that they can continue with the animation. THE POLISH! ALMOST HERE! No, not people from Poland.

And that's a rap, my fellow fightin' nerds. Be sure to brush your teeth and give things back to people who drop them. Especially if they drop their toothbrush. I cannot stress how important that is.

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
I learnt fairly recently that at least one of the devs reads these recap posts. How embarrassing. It's a bit like goofing off with your friends and then realizing that your mum has been watching you through the crack in the door for the last who-knows-how-long. I'm going to assume the devs don't read every post we make on this forum, they just expect us to self-govern. So cool, that means they're here by choice. Thanks for tuning in, I hope you enjoy.
Unless they DO read every post on the forum, in which case I'd like to apologize on behalf of everyone for making you sit through all that cringey roleplay. Not that we're going to stop or anything.

MANE6 WORK STREAM #14 - JAN 20
PART 1

0:00 - We are greeted by a pixel reindeer who has clearly detected a few holes in your story. You better fess up the truth or she'll keep staring at you like that.
2:02 - Jay explains how the story mode NPCs are being created. Basically they have a bunch of interchangeable body parts that can be swapped around to make dozens of different characters. They will of course come in different colours in the final version too. Boy do I wish Google Chrome would stop trying to correct "colours" to "colors." Americans. They don't like U.
3:09 - Crazy-eyed reindeer.
4:26 - Reindeer dude is a stud.
4:38 - This pixel stuff is what they plan on doing for all the different races. These parts will likely also be used as templates for the backer characters. Progress on backer stuff is on hold because they want to get "the game stuff proper done first."
6:40 - The team is encouraging Lauren to write the story for this game as if it were a long TV episode or mini-series or something. They say they're going to translate it to fit into the game as best they can. We will be getting a bit of every playable character, and visiting each of their homes at least once. So cool, this game is basically going to be like playing a Lauren Faust cartoon.
8:08 - Advice for anyone trying to find glitches in any game... run into EVERY corner (repeatedly), abuse the heck out of any value you can change, stand where you aren't expected to stand during scripted events, and try using the pause menu to interrupt set pieces. Looking at how speed-runners break stuff is a great way to learn how to break it yourself.
9:16 - Jay gives us a teaser of something we're going to see later in part 3. It's the basic building blocks for a level that will be in the story mode.
10:56 - Jay has been working on Paprika expressions, including wide-eye Paprika, flirty Paprika, and... drunk Paprika? I dunno, but they look cool.
12:14 - Jay makes the Paprika heads sway. It's pretty cute.
15:57 - PERSONAL NOTE: Why do I think Paprika's last name is "Peppercorn?" I swear I heard someone call her Paprika Peppercorn before but I've looked and I can't find it. I don't even use the word "Peppercorn" so I doubt I came up with it myself. How did this happen? I mean the name fits, paprika and pepper are both spices, so clearly SOME thought went into it. Have I gone crazy? Please, help me solve this mystery, it's all I ask of you. (Oh, and make that her canon last name too because I actually do really like it).
16:14 - Scary, bouncy Paprika makes a comeback.
18:00 - "You must finish your work, Carl..."
19:19 - Big silly alpaca kissy faces.
22:23 - Pineapple has been working on steam integration. The pipeline is running, and Jay even managed to download the game off steam himself. Things are getting real here guys.
24:20 - You heard the man. Don't screenshot this picture of the tree from Oleander's pixel lobby stage. It's super secret.

PART 2
0:00 - Hey, didn't I used to put colons after every "Part #?" Why did I stop doing that? ...Anyway, the stream switched to Lindsay, and in the background we can see her sketching out a prop for Tianhuo's stage. It's a statue that looks like the honoured father horse. (Yes, Google Chrome, I know Americans spell it "honored," get off my back about it).
0:05 - I was in the chat for this stream, and I can assure you Lindsay that we were not asking you to say "baa" into the microphone. I'm very happy that you did though. It was a top notch baa.
0:24 - Tianhuo's stage! Dark, filled with magma and cool as all get out.
0:47 - ...And slightly animated! The polish draws ever nearer!
0:55 - And some cool shadows crossing over the characters!
2:42 - After getting the game working on steam, Jay was able to play against Nappy and it seemed to work okay. Great, that confirms that I'll be able to get owned by all you American folk once the game releases!
4:26 - Longma live in birdhouses. This is canon. Longma are horse-dragon-bird-snakes. They are truly the most magical of races
6:23 - Velvet's stage now has a bit of snow.
6:54 - Like Skullgirls, they plan on having things move and fall down during really big hits. The functionality is there, they just need to be animated.
7:50 - Little animation extras like Tian's fire melting the snow on Velvet's stage are all things that have been considered, but are unlikely. They'll keep thinking of them though.
9:29 - Paprika Peppercorn's stage has also had some work done. Those rock columns in the background are looking pretty swish.
12:19 - 3D Fred book model. They explain how they plan on animating the book in the game. It's explained later that it'll be a 2D model eventually.
13:18 - Fred's whole design is basically the first pass Jay did that they never changed. The runes are made up, and they hope it doesn't mean "butt hole" or something in an obscure language.
14:10 - In case you missed the news from that other thread, the team has a new voice director. Cristina Vee, voice of Cerebella in Skullgirls and Shantae in a few Shantae games, is now on board with the team.
14:52 - Jay explains the process of finding VAs for the game. Tangentially related, I haven't heard anyone call Velvet "Smugdeer" in a while. We need to bring that back, methinks.
16:32 - Lindsay decides that Honoured Father is not thicc enough, so she corrects her grievous mistake.
19:04 - The team would love accents for the characters, especially Kiwi Pom, but the issue is that getting people physically in the studio with you is so much easier, so it may be hard to find an actress that has/can do the accent in America. Jay says that he knows of a few New Zealand characters. Perhaps I just haven't been looking hard enough, but the only New Zealand characters in games I can think of are the villagers from Far Cry 3 (who seem to be Māori, but were likely born on the island where the game takes place, so... not New Zealanders) and the Sniper from Team Fortress 2 (who is just a walking Australian stereotype). Oh, and presumably Ivy the Kiwi from "Ivy the Kiwi."
20:56 - Pom's dogs may have voice actors or they may be edited stock sounds. The team seems to not know yet.
22:22 - In terms of who will be voiced, there will be 6 main characters, an announcer and Fred. By the sounds of it, the story mode will not be voiced, all the voices will be saved for the fights (including intro/outro dialogue).
23:06 - The horse was definitely the father. Having a dragon father and a horse mother would be... painful.

PART 3
0:53 - Other than the level 3 supers, all the fighting moves seem to be in and functioning, they just need to be balanced a little bit. As has been explained before, the level 3 supers are just flashy, fun things that deal a bunch of damage but are overall less efficient than just using level 1 and 2 supers. They aren't as important to how the fighting game actually plays as the other moves, so they're firmly in the "polish" section.
4:40 - Velvet's means of gaining magic meter will be looked at in the future. Long story short it's not really working out as it is now so Nappy is looking for fixes.
6:48 - The team plans on adding a visual and audio cue for when you gain a pip of magic meter to make it easier to "read" what's going on.
7:49 - They're working on the new Ole idle! Bask in the wiggle of the old idle while you can, because next stream it may no longer be there. :(
8:11 - Regarding Oleander, a few things carried over from the last game that have lost relevance have been removed, such as the tiny "safe zone" at the very front of her level 1 super.
12:14 - Scrunch face is best face. Scrunch face will be included for all the characters.
13:27 - The opponent will no longer be able to hit Paprika's gifts. Paprika can hit her own gifts, and the opponent can hit Paprika to make her drop the gift harmlessly, but they will not be able to counter-hit Paprika with her own gift.
15:42 - Paprika's ridiculous cartwheel now goes a shorter distance and is active for a much shorter period of time. Same with the flowers.
16:38 - The team has a new QA. Pro fighting game player SonicFox. He comes along, he wrecks it, Nappy fixes it, all is well.
18:41 - Pom's level 2 summons the big daddy dog and gets them to follow the opponent, combo-ing alongside the mama dog. Nappy assures us that it'll look a lot less cluttered once the actual models are in instead of the cardboard cutouts. Maybe he could help me clear out all the cardboard cutouts of models that I have lying around my place! Hahaha god I need a girlfriend...
20:57 - The dad dog also has his own version of the counter-attack, but unlike the mama dog, his will go off whether he is hit while blocking or not. The attack will stumble the opponent across the screen.
21:14 - The dad may also get more charges than the mum, but they'll play around with that. They're also planning on having some way of displaying how many charges the dogs have left with a UI element or something.
24:00 - Like Velvet, Tian is also getting some refinements to her magic system.
26:54 - Tian's forward dash has been replaced with THE SLITHER! It doesn't cross up anymore but it does go low enough to go under pretty much any projectile.
27:22 - Tian no longer has a height restriction on her flight, but she does have a heavier time restriction. She can't fly for as long before dropping back down. You also only get one movement option per jump (flight or dash) unless you use firecracker magic.
31:55 - The juggle decay has had a few bonus features added. Before it would just increase gravity and prevent standing infinites, now it also turns all hard knockdowns into soft knockdowns once it's filled. What this means is you can no longer end a destructive combo with a hard knockdown that lets you set up for the same combo again.
33:05 - They're still playing around with this, but if you fill more than half of the opponent's juggle decay and then knock them down, it'll reset to half before draining rather than just completely disappearing instantly. This is to just help prevent people spamming really quick, short combos that end with hard knockdowns over and over. Creates more of a back-and-forth.
37:21 - Apparently F6 toggles blue mode.
41:40 - How rude! You're going to make poor Velvet self-conscious if you point out how fat she gets using hit sparks and colour changes!
42:51 - Players will not be able to tag in and out other characters. That's not what this game has been built for.
43:45 - There will not be more than 1 level 1 super per character. Any additional supers will come post-release.
45:43 - The game is on track for an April release. It may not be the final release with everything they want included, but it'll likely be something.
49:17 - For those of you not in the backer forum, one of the stages is going to have fush. Jay is explaining that fush is just fish with a New Zealand accent. I'm surprised I didn't figure this out myself to be honest.
49:47 - The stuff in the Book of Lore is subject to change, some of it has already been changed, and some of it won't be directly referenced in the game. So feel free to fill in the gaps with headcanon. Like what the character's last names might be or something. Y'know, just as a crazy example...
51:26 - Nappy shows off the early stages of the story mode level teased earlier. It's a museum in Rein. A little bare bones right now, but it'll be filled up soon enough, and it even has some intractables and some delightful plinky-plonky music playing in the background. I would just watch this whole bit if I were you, I'm not going to be pinpointing every joke. Just most of them.
51:52 - Bathroom jokes. I am more than okay with this.
52:10 - Smart jokes. I am also okay with this.
52:24 - Just... jokes. This game is looking better and better.
53:28 - Nice to see Mane 6 is making good on their promise to not buy a golden reindeer statue.
55:27 - Placeholder Velvet NPC gets aggressively touchy-feely with Arizona. Foenum is a scary place it seems.
56:18 - I can't tell if the joke is that the reasons are not in fact obvious or if they're making some odd joke about crotch/breast stuffing. I'm going to assume the former, but now you all know where my mind is at.
56:53 - The logic behind the story mode is that if you're going to have lore, you may as well have a good amount of it. Having a tiny amount of lore will just leave people unsatisfied. If someone doesn't care about the lore, they'll just skip it anyway, so it's not like you really have to worry about having too much lore. No half measures.
57:57 - You can affect things using magic in the story mode lobby. This can even trigger (subtly racist) unique dialogue from NPCs.
58:50 - "Item Get" jingle! And it seems the story mode with have some minor puzzles. Cool.
1:00:53 - More predator stuff to come (next stream perhaps?)
1:01:36 - "Rein" is pronounced "rain." Jay is just pronouncing it wrong because of some German lessons he took. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
1:04:19 - Hey, watch it Jay, I'm supposed to be the recap guy here.

I was serious about the "Paprika Peppercorn" thing. I don't know where I got it from. Maybe it was offhandedly mentioned in a stream, or it was the filename of an image uploaded to the Mane 6 website or something. Please, if you know, end my suffering.
Hey, Oleander is a black unicorn. Does that make her a Peppercorn?

Last edited:

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
I learnt fairly recently that at least one of the devs reads these recap posts. How embarrassing. It's a bit like goofing off with your friends and then realizing that your mum has been watching you through the crack in the door for the last who-knows-how-long. I'm going to assume the devs don't read every post we make on this forum, they just expect us to self-govern. So cool, that means they're here by choice. Thanks for tuning in, I hope you enjoy.
Unless they DO read every post on the forum, in which case I'd like to apologize on behalf of everyone for making you sit through all that cringey roleplay. Not that we're going to stop or anything.
I read (or at least skim) through most of the stuff posted. Thankfully, the forum's not so fast now in Dev that checking new posts will eat most of my work day. I do read some things more carefully than others. These recaps, for example.

I was serious about the "Paprika Peppercorn" thing. I don't know where I got it from. Maybe it was offhandedly mentioned in a stream, or it was the filename of an image uploaded to the Mane 6 website or something. Please, if you know, end my suffering.
Hey, Oleander is a black unicorn. Does that make her a Peppercorn?
I don't quite know where you heard it (you're the dude doing the information archival after all), but you must have heard it somewhere, because we did come up with it at some point while looking for character names. Just went for "P" names with some bounce to them. At some point, her initials were PPPPPP (The third). Not sure if they still are, though.

Oh, also.

1:01:36 - "Rein" is pronounced "rain." Jay is just pronouncing it wrong because of some German lessons he took. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Little bit of canon I'm actually trying to enforce with varying degrees of success (everyone just keeps forgetting). The "country" is Rein. The capital city is Reine, and the "nation" is The Tundra.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I once asked about the naming conventions, that's when you mentioned Paprika's full name. I don't remember it ever coming up before, at least in the forums.

Edit: Yep, it's a loooong aswer in the backer's forum, when I asked about the naming convention of the races. You didn't tell anything about the longma in that answer.

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
I once asked about the naming conventions, that's when you mentioned Paprika's full name. I don't remember it ever coming up before, at least in the forums.

Edit: Yep, it's a loooong aswer in the backer's forum, when I asked about the naming convention of the races. You didn't tell anything about the longma in that answer.
And so I did.