Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
RichJammer : Haha! From behind!
xx
ManeSix : dark unicorns do it from behind
xx
RichJammer : @ManeSix Hey, I should be the one making those kinda jokes.
Gonna have to watch the whole thing together again some time, because I was on phone and its speakers are not the best for understanding what the guys say.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
I worry that I try too hard to make jokes and point out incidental things. What do you guys think? Would you rather I stick to the facts and significant stuff, or are my butt jokes and asinine observations welcome additions to the recap? I'm going to try a (mostly) joke-free recap this time and we'll see how we do.

MANE6 WORK STREAM #9 - Aug 19
PART 1
0:00 - The lobby editor is shown off, specifically for Arizona's stage. Work in progress, still just groundwork (literally).
2:24 - Lindsay is in this stream.
9:40 - The team shows the lobby editor in testing stage, a tiny Velvet in a hat runs around for a bit.
10:43 - I don't know if this has been brought up on-stream before, but the team is planning on making male characters in future. The starting 6 and the goat will be female.

PART 2
1:11 - Lindsay time. She shows off how shadows work in the fighting stages.
4:03 - The colour of the shadow can be changed, as Lindsay demonstrates with this eye-bleedingly pink colour.
5:37 - Arizona's level has had an overhaul.
6:00 - The arch that Jay suggested in a previous stream is being tried out.
6:59 - Lindsay plans on sticking to a more storybook style for the backgrounds from here on out.
7:56 - The arch will not be tangible. There will be no objects in the game that effect gameplay. No obstructions or platforms, etc.
9:41 - Tian breaks the sky.
11:09 - Velvet's stage will also be getting an overhaul.
12:34 - Lindsay wants alternate versions of the stages. Not just day and night, but different background characters and weather effects as well.
13:53 - Lindsay has been redrawing a few of the background characters. Lauren's animation style is discussed, and as usual she hasn't made it easy for them.
15:22 - The grey deer doesn't have a name yet. If they crossed his eyes he would remind me of a certain someone...

PART 3
4:11 - The characters are all getting a universal input for an anti-air move.
4:27 - Arizona's anti-air.
5:05 - The move shrinks the hurtbox down so that the upper-body is invulnerable when doing the attack.
5:31 - Tian's music has been added to the work stream rotation!
6:46 - Velvet's anti-air.
7:11 - Different characters may have different timings, ranges, etc on their anti-airs.
8:02 - Oldeander's existing anti-air was already pretty good, they're still trying to figure out what effect to give her universal. No new animation yet.
8:29 - Pom's anti-air.
9:05 - Tian's anti-air.
9:55 - Paprika's anti-air. A kiss, naturally, with an adorable leg-pop. They're playing with the idea of the kiss making the opponent stumble.
11:36 - Paprika now has a new medium-charge-attack animation placeholder, hitting the opponent with a bouquet of flowers.
13:56 - Pom's flying puppy now follows the opponent around like a doom balloon. It can still be controlled manually if you so wish.
14:57 - The dig-dogs can now be summoned in a conga-line, sent out one by one to attack the opponent. When summoned like this, they don't all attack at the same time, giving the Pom player more control of her little army.
17:08 - Pom's "demo recording" support is a little wonky right now. The team is still thinking about how they'll get it to work.
20:35 - Don't touch the cow. Kenneth is a funny guy. This is all just an example of what can be done with the tutorial system.
21:38 - TFH's stream is voted into the community spotlight, whatever that means.
27:50 - Level 11.

PART 4
4:52 - The new sound effects are being worked on. The main thing is that they just haven't been implemented yet, as well as a few other small bugs.
5:54 - Nappy figures that they'll begin searching for vocal talent after the next pass of the story. As for the story itself, Lauren has ideas. The team has to advise her on how to avoid common fighting-game-story pitfalls. Lauren likes the freedom.
7:48 - English is the language the game starts off with. It's a lot of work to localize a game, even one with limit speaking.
15:51 - The freeze attack does more hits than the dogs can take, so there is no way to freeze the dogs without "killing" them.
22:27 - They have a few name ideas for Goat. No examples provided.
23:17 - The placeholder multiplayer screen is shown. Uses elements from the Skullgirls UI, subject to change.
26:37 - Jay spitballs a rough release date - April of next year. Not confirmed, obviously.
28:06 - "What happens when the ropes trade?" This would be rare, but it's likely that whoever loaded in first would get priority.
29:25 - You cannot pull the dogs with Arizona, they do not have a "grabbed" state. Rope them, nothing happens.
35:15 - Goat will be post-launch, free for backers.
38:02 - They hope to take backer palettes before release, but they may do it at beta stage.
40:30 - That's me again. This is the second time Jay has acknowledged my want for a springbok character on a stream. Though to be honest, antelopes are cuter. Lauren can make anything cute though, and springbok is a cooler name.
40:54 - Inputs should not be an issue for this game. Fighter Maker had some issues with inputs, this engine doesn't.

fin

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
We need to make an intro song for stunthead, so every time before he picks a stream apart, we can play it.
are my butt jokes and asinine observations welcome additions to the recap?
Do you even need to ask?
10:43 - I don't know if this has been brought up on-stream before, but the team is planning on making male characters in future. The starting 6 and the goat will be female.
I think it was, in the crowdfound streams.
Oldeander's existing anti-air was already pretty good, they're still trying to figure out what effect to give her universal. No new animation yet.
Stabby-stabby-stab. Reminds me of that scene in "Friendship is violence" with Sunbottom Tyrant saving the day.
Kenneth is a funny guy
Also, a mad scientist
TFH's stream is voted into the community spotlight, whatever that means.
Twitch main page methinks. or something similar.
Level 11.
Bacon.
Jay spitballs a rough release date - April of next year. Not confirmed, obviously.
That was always the general-ish opinion, as I think that's when the planned 18 months run out. Still hiccups can happen, so it was never confirmed.

I think it was also mentioned how the guys use as many different controllers as many of them are there, so random controllers will not be a problem.

Last edited:

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
We need to make an intro song for stunthead, so every time before he picks a stream apart, we can play it.
"But now we pick - pick - pick - pick - pick it apart.
Open it up to find the tick - tick - tick of the heart~"

Do you even need to ask?
The last forum I hung out on, I accidentally got myself a reputation for talking about butts a lot. As funny as that was, I don't really want a repeat. As for the rest of the jokes, I figure some people who are trying to find specific moments from the streams might not feel like reading through some guys off-the-top attempts at being funny just so they can get to the parts they actually care about. But heck, that's up to the rest of you to decide.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
"But now we pick - pick - pick - pick - pick it apart.
Open it up to find the tick - tick - tick of the heart~"

The last forum I hung out on, I accidentally got myself a reputation for talking about butts a lot. As funny as that was, I don't really want a repeat. As for the rest of the jokes, I figure some people who are trying to find specific moments from the streams might not feel like reading through some guys off-the-top attempts at being funny just so they can get to the parts they actually care about. But heck, that's up to the rest of you to decide.
You can always use some different colors for your own comments to separate it. Maybe even something really dark, so if someone actually wants to read it, they will have to select it first.

NeoTensai

Twitch Streamer, Amateur Shoutcaster...
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
I worry that I try too hard to make jokes and point out incidental things. What do you guys think? Would you rather I stick to the facts and significant stuff, or are my butt jokes and asinine observations welcome additions to the recap? I'm going to try a (mostly) joke-free recap this time and we'll see how we do.

PART 1
0:00 - The lobby editor is shown off, specifically for Arizona's stage. Work in progress, still just groundwork (literally).
9:40 - The team shows the lobby editor in testing stage, a tiny Velvet in a hat runs around for a bit.

PART 2
4:03 - The colour of the shadow can be changed, as Lindsay demonstrates with this eye-bleedingly pink colour.
6:59 - Lindsay plans on sticking to a more storybook style for the backgrounds from here on out.
7:56 - The arch will not be tangible. There will be no objects in the game that effect gameplay. No obstructions or platforms, etc.
12:34 - Lindsay wants alternate versions of the stages. Not just day and night, but different background characters and weather effects as well.
13:53 - Lindsay has been redrawing a few of the background characters. Lauren's animation style is discussed, and as usual she hasn't made it easy for them.
15:22 - The grey deer doesn't have a name yet. If they crossed his eyes he would remind me of a certain someone...

PART 3
5:05 - The move shrinks the hurtbox down so that the upper-body is invulnerable when doing the attack.
7:11 - Different characters may have different timings, ranges, etc on their anti-airs.
8:02 - Oldeander's existing anti-air was already pretty good, they're still trying to figure out what effect to give her universal. No new animation yet.
9:55 - Paprika's anti-air. A kiss, naturally, with an adorable leg-pop. They're playing with the idea of the kiss making the opponent stumble.
11:36 - Paprika now has a new medium-charge-attack animation placeholder, hitting the opponent with a bouquet of flowers.
13:56 - Pom's flying puppy now follows the opponent around like a doom balloon. It can still be controlled manually if you so wish.
14:57 - The dig-dogs can now be summoned in a conga-line, sent out one by one to attack the opponent. When summoned like this, they don't all attack at the same time, giving the Pom player more control of her little army.
17:08 - Pom's "demo recording" support is a little wonky right now. The team is still thinking about how they'll get it to work.
20:35 - Don't touch the cow. Kenneth is a funny guy. This is all just an example of what can be done with the tutorial system.
21:38 - TFH's stream is voted into the community spotlight, whatever that means.

PART 4
4:52 - The new sound effects are being worked on. The main thing is that they just haven't been implemented yet, as well as a few other small bugs.
5:54 - Nappy figures that they'll begin searching for vocal talent after the next pass of the story. As for the story itself, Lauren has ideas. The team has to advise her on how to avoid common fighting-game-story pitfalls. Lauren likes the freedom.
7:48 - English is the language the game starts off with. It's a lot of work to localize a game, even one with limit speaking.
15:51 - The freeze attack does more hits than the dogs can take, so there is no way to freeze the dogs without "killing" them.
23:17 - The placeholder multiplayer screen is shown. Uses elements from the Skullgirls UI, subject to change.
26:37 - Jay spitballs a rough release date - April of next year. Not confirmed, obviously.
28:06 - "What happens when the ropes trade?" This would be rare, but it's likely that whoever loaded in first would get priority.
29:25 - You cannot pull the dogs with Arizona, they do not have a "grabbed" state. Rope them, nothing happens.
38:02 - They hope to take backer palettes before release, but they may do it at beta stage.
40:30 - That's me again. This is the second time Jay has acknowledged my want for a springbok character on a stream. Though to be honest, antelopes are cuter. Lauren can make anything cute though, and springbok is a cooler name.
40:54 - Inputs should not be an issue for this game. Fighter Maker had some issues with inputs, this engine doesn't.

fin
I would like to add at the end of the stream just before it was ended I wrote down Max stream viewers 288 because it was a TFH record. And then you can hear Jay say something along the line "we won't stop till we each two-hundred eighty-eight" and in a near inaudiable whisper added THOUSAND!!!

V.A.a.M.P.P

The Man that had a plan but forgot it
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Great Unknown in Texas

PART 1

PART 2

PART 3

PART 4

fin
I like it when jokes are added to the list, makes it more fun to read, also I forget if it's in the 3rd or 4th part but the devs did mention that soon it would be the 1 year anniversary of the crowdfunding and they might do something like a twitch plays THF

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
YUS! This is actually very nice bit of info. I mean, I knew she has mentioned doing more story work ,but great to hear more specifics, and the inspiration she seems to have for it!

CrpCrwls

This dim light which falls from the stars...
Feb 6, 2016
I wasn't sure where to ask this but since it appear in the stream I guess this is the most appropriate place.

So I was watching the last part of stream 9 when I noticed a small detail and I began to wonder.
As the badly drawn red arrow point out: Fred's horn changed compared to previous artworks. The inner horns used to curve downward and inward, now they are curving upward. The outer horns used to curve in a sort of inverted S shape, now they sem to curve upward and inward, possibly like a shorter version of this.

So... error on the placeholder? New design? Trying out a new design? Are Fred's horn capable of changing shape? Does Fred swape horns depending on his mood? Like "Mmmm, today I'm feeling like wearing the curved horns, all smooth evil and stuff like that, sweet talking people into accepting the darkness" and "Ugh, I'm in a foul mood today, these fools better not cross me! I'm wearing the spiky horns!" or even "Eh. I'm feeling whimsical, I'll wear mismatched wiggly horns." ?

If it's trying out a new design, I'm not sure I can say which one I prefer yet? I'm used to the previous one but the new one is cool as well and it's sort of growing on me? I don't know yet.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I'm pretty sure that is more of a doodle just to have something usable in place. I mean I don't think anyone wants to mess around with the horns if the whole picture will be replaced anyways.

CrpCrwls

Feb 6, 2016
Yeah but drawing the previous shape would require basically the same amount of effort? So I figure either the placeholder was done without looking at previous artwork (which is fine) or they used new artwork as reference. I know it's kind of silly to obsess over a little detail like that but I keep wondering so I decided to ask and see if there was a special reason. There might not be one but I feel the need to know.

NeoTensai

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Well I going to give you a very Mane6ish answer. Everything litteraly everything in the game is still in development, so lots of things can or will be changed, remade, fixed, updated, redrawn etc. in the final version.
Also I can see where you took the drawing, its from the indiegogo campain and was done as a thanks to the supporters.
It was probably done by Lauren after the successfull campain. So if you take that into account this picture is already a year old.

I would like to add that when the core of the game(the mechanics, animation, music, etc...) goes into the polish stage of development Mane6 will try their best to make everything(every character, stage, OST, story/plot, lobby, VA, endless other things) look, sound, feel, smell and taste(the last two are troll) as best as possible.

CrpCrwls

Feb 6, 2016
Uh, I may have admitedly jumped on a small detail for nothing. Now that I think about it there is like... two canon (well "canon" as in, coming from the devs, I get that everything is subject to change) pictures of Fred's horns. The picture thanking the backers and the Unicornomicon concept art (and in the latter the inner horns don't have the same curve). I guess I got a bit too used to seeing them that way from fanart.

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
Might as well do a mini-recao of this stream while I watch it. No point waiting for it to go up on YouTube if most of it is just derpy fighting.

MANE6 WORK STREAM #10.1 - SEPT 21

5:43 - Sweet retro aesthetic, what looks like a placeholder Tianhuo idle
7:33 - Fighting starts
55:42 -
Paprika is penetrated
1:02:13 - The team disrespects best champion and by extention best faction. They will rue the day.
1:11:12 -
Oleander is obliterated
1:18:41 -
Arizona is annihilated
1:23:06 - Somebody controlling player 2 submits the input "dab" in the diagonal up left direction and it made me laugh.
1:23:58 -
Tianhuo is terminated
1:30:25 -
Pom is perforated
1:30:31 -
Velvet is validated! 2 years rein-ing champion!
1:36:30 - Plush tier backers, check your emails. They need surveys filled out so they can get a start on those plushies.

That was a fun stream, especially when the team started commentating. I think we all learned a very important lesson today. If Jay wants you to win, you're probably doomed. Anyway, see you next time.[/spoiler]

NeoTensai

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
To bad you didn't watch for supers. we had quite some supers.
How about this Twitch plays TFH becomes annual or bi-annual when the game is released ;) (one in september and one april/may)

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
You guys should just watch this stream's archive for yourself, The first part is Lauren, the second part is awesome story-mode stuff. The whole thing is worth seeing. But in case you just want a recap, here's the... recap.

MANE6 WORK STREAM #10.2 - SEPT 23
PART 1

0:00 - Already on the sidebar we can see a few backer-suggested items, such as "Cat on head", "Mystic Eye", "Top Hat Checker", "Straw Hat lol", "Chinese Hat" and... is that a Tiarawhy bat? Oh... oh my...
0:18 - Lauren Faust speaks! Praise be to the destroyer of headcanons everywhere!
0:29 - Lindsay is here too! Now it's a real party!
1:38 - Lauren has been busy working on writing the story mode, which she has found to be very different from writing for TV or film. Much less structure.
3:40 - The team is happy with the direction Lauren is taking the story. She started off just making, essentially, an "arcade mode" with a beginning, middle and end for each character where they all had a chance to "win" the story and be the hero, but has since changed the story so that it follows less of the traditional fighting game story tropes. She still hopes to give all the characters arcs and goals, both in an emotional sense and a plot driven sense, and have them change and evolve over the course of the story.
6:15 - Lauren calls Pom an asshole. Poor Pom. :[
7:00 - A few hints at the plotlines of the game. The characters don't have a lot of information when they start their quest, so they have to learn where they're going, why they're going there, etc. There will be twists and turns and double-backs and meetings with characters who change everything. "Half scavanger hunt, half adventure."
8:35 - They're going to use the pixel lobby stuff for the story mode. They say they aren't making Final Fantasy, but secretly they're totally making Final Fantasy.
9:47 - They reiterate that there will be a more traditional "Let's just go through with one character and practise fights" type mode included.
10:16 - Lauren says that coming at the story with her background may lead to some interesting ideas simply because she doesn't know any better.
11:33 - The game is not coming out on any consoles... initially.
12:04 - The reason there's no late backerkit rewards is because the physical stuff is limited in resources, the in-game items and sprites take up a lot of time and the digital rewards aren't ready yet, so putting them up as add-ons is a little gauche.
14:20 - Lauren calls the goat "him." Looks like the gender of the goat might not be as set in stone as we thought.
14:31 - The "magic meter" in the game does not necessarily correspond to actual magic in the context of the story. Lauren says that only roughly 10 percent of the species in Foenum are actually magic, most of them are just normal.
17:15 - At this stage, the story will not split off and have options, it will be more linear. Maybe nearer to the end of production or post-release they will add a few more mini-stories. If memory serves, the "alternate" versions of the story will just be the arcade mode.
19:02 - They plan on making story sequences between fights skippable.
19:29 - The Huoshan society is a military monarchy. They aren't warriors, per say. Lauren says they have a military for the same reason any country has a military. Sometimes to attack, sometimes to defend.
21:44 - Arizona isn't really the main character, it's more just that she has the purest intentions for why she wants to save the world. This makes her a nice thread to follow, but really all the characters are the stars of their own stories.
23:56 - They have heaps of ideas for characters after the goat in terms of fighting game mechanics. (If they don't have a Springbok character eventually I'm going to riot)
24:09 - Demons aren't considered predators. Predators kill things and eat their flesh. Demons just eat souls and corrupt things.
25:18 - Kiwi Pom or riot.
26:50 - Lauren says Longma hatch from eggs.
27:24 - The team wants to make character-specific dialogue between characters before fights that's unique to that matchup. If Pom fights Velvet, they will have a little chat specific to Pom and Velvet.
28:05 - You heard 'em guys. We're free to discuss suggestions about existing characters at any time. Arm your headcanons.
28:45 - The pixelated sprites are fairly high-quality in-game, but yes, the pixel style will largely be what is used unless in fights.
29:15 - There are 5 people who still need to pick what kind of plush they want so the team can get started making them. If you backed that tier, please respond.
30:24 - People want Lauren to do a Let's Play of the game once it comes out. Lauren says she would, but she would be terrible at it and the video would suck.
31:08 - Jay finishes making the hat and names it "Wool Bonnet." We also see another suggested item is "Massive Pomp."
31:19 - The game is not likely to get a co-op mode, at least not at launch. That's not what it was designed for.
31:29 - Backer items for the neck are shown. They include a rainbow heart, a tiny fish, a black rose, some thing I can't make out (I think it's a cape?), a blue pendant, a red pendant and a green scarf.
33:07 - There will be couch multiplayer. All features you'd expect from a fighting game will be included
33:52 - Foenum's unicorns have magic that revolves around their belief system, and it probably has rules or some system they need to follow. Oleander is a rebel.
36:54 - It's a piece of cake to make a pretty cape. Jay finishes the cape he was working on and calls it "Stridey Cape."
37:04 - There are plenty of species if Foenum that don't get along. Special mention goes to Reindeer and Cows. You will see that manifest between Ari and Velvet.
37:36 - More items. "Weird mask thing" and "80s glasses."
38:38 - The banishment wasn't an act of revenge, so things that could eat meat but didn't need it weren't banished. The example given is that pigs can eat meat but they don't hunt for it, so they were spared.
40:33 - If the game does well, they won't need another crowdfund for additional characters. That said, they would consider the option if they had to. Personal note, I would take additional crowdfunding over charging for DLC ANY DAY. The fewer things you have to buy after you've already bought the game, the better. Paywalls are painful and they discourage new players. Charge for goat as a backer reward if you want, but anything past that should come with the game IMO. I think I talked about this somewhere else on the forum already, so I'll shut up now.
42:18 - Lauren did not intentionally base Oleander on The Last Unicorn.
43:00 - Lauren says scavengers like vultures are banished. Jay counters that maybe they just help dispose of bodies. Lauren decides that she doesn't know and she'll address it if it comes up.
44:11 - If they need to get rid of a body, they'll write in vultures. Lauren jokes Pom is a murderer who hides bodies like this.
44:36 - The order of the unicorns is the only group of unicorns in Foenum, but probably not the only "Order" of some description.
45:42 - The societies have different levels of technology. Alpake are primitive, Reindeer are pretty advanced, but in any case there's no electricity.
47:43 - The history of the dragons hasn't been thought out too much. They're either banished or extinct. Lauren says treating them like any other predator might be boring.
49:22 - Lauren attempts to explain how the sheepdogs avoided banishment. If I remember correctly, the Indiegogo page said the more harmless wolves hid amongst the sheep while the rest of their kind was disappearing, then ate mice and pests and slowly became domesticated.
50:45 - The ungulates are sapient and as smart as humans, the predators are a little more animalistic (though still technically spaient).
52:23 - Jay finishes the gas mask. None of them say "Are you my mummy?" The oppertunity is wasted.
54:25 - Jay explains smart objects
55:23 - Lauren doesn't know if the Predators age in the Hold or not.
56:48 - The characters' families will only be mentioned if relelvent to the story. Lauren forgets about poor old Woogums. In Velvet's arcade story, she may have an elderly Grandmother that she's very rude to.
57:43 - Many more backer item names are shown! I can't see all of the titles though, but take a look if you're interested.
58:06 - The stuff in The Book of Lore shouldn't be considered set in stone, it's still subject to change.
58:43 - The characters probably age according to their species. They don't age at the same rate. That said, it hasn't been defined yet, so it's subject to change.
1:00:20 - Lauren decides on the spot that Predators can probably talk in a limited capacity, but the dogs don't talk.
1:01:50 - Some items may hide hair/horns/flames etc so that they fit better on the character sprites.
1:02:49 - The backer beta will probably come out about a month before release. The team projects a release date: April 2017
1:07:22 - Lauren jokes about a deer that is bald but the top of her head is painted black.
1:08:32 - Stream suggests party hats. I'm reminded of how Club Penguin used to release a new coloured party hat every time they had an anniversary party.
1:10:21 - The team is cool with people making the book of lore into an actual book as long as they don't sell it..
1:11:13 - The team jokes that Pom has a deep, dark secret. Judging by the earlier comment, it's probably to do with hiding bodies.
1:11:44 - Jay has finished making another item, the Dixie Cup Hat.
1:11:57 - Lauren doesn't know where Oleander found Fred. "She just turned over in bed one morning and he was there."
1:12:15 - The predators probably don't have society the same way Ungulates do. They don't have buildings or cultures, they're just kinda animalistic.
1:13:40 - The team would love to make more games set in this world, even of different genres, but that all depends on how well this game does. Everything they do with this game is because the backers have enabled them to do it, so for now this is the focus.
1:16:47 - Lauren often has a ton of ideas for side-stories for things she's working on that never come up because they aren't immediately relevant to the story. She doesn't like to limit herself by setting down hard rules before they're needed.
1:19:52 - Lauren is asked what her favourite colour is. She doesn't have one.
1:20:35 - Lauren would be a giraffe if given the chance. Don't let her read our roleplay thread.
1:22:00 - Lauren is gone. But does that mean we're out of things to talk about? Not by a long shot...
1:24:44 - Sheep riding a sheep! So wrong! It's unnatural!

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
PART 2
0:00 - In this part they show off how they plan on using the pixel lobby mechanics in the story mode. It looks pretty good.
1:31 - The test is run. Note that not everything shown will end up in the final game, most likely. Also, Nappy never goes over and talks to that Pom and I am left forever wondering what she has to say. Poor Pom.
1:39 - During the story mode, you will be able to walk around in the lobby space and explore things. You can interact with signs and NPCs.
2:07 - Tsundere Oleander
2:31 - In the story mode you can see your life, super and magic meter. These carry over into the next fight and can be replenished with pickups you find.
2:51 - The team is playing with how the stats, especially the magic, can be used outside of the fights. For example, Arizona can stomp on special spots to spawn treasure chests.
3:49 - Jay admits they are really just making Final Fantasy
4:00 - Hidden chests can be placed anywhere, so lots of secret hunting possibilities.
4:57 - The AI right now is pretty evil and very aggressive. They will add difficulty settings later.
6:34 - Predator Scouts! Spooky wolves! OOOoooOOOooo!
6:57 - Using Ari's stomp in the lobby stuns enemies for a moment. The plan is that stunning an enemy in the lobby before fighting them will have a tempoorary effect on the enemy in the fight.
7:11 - A sketchy Hunter fight! The Hunters don't have a lot of health and only a few basic moves, but they do tons of damage. If I may speculate for a moment what this implies about the story, can we take this to mean that the predator scouts can actually already interact with Foenum, fight things, kill things, sabotage things? Because that changes everything. That would mean that the only reason they want to escape The Hold is because their scout form is way weaker than their actual form. Like fighting a groggy bear vs fighting a well rested one. Either way they can kill you, one is just better at it. I might make a forum about this later...
8:35 - Winning against a Predator will drop a few items that can be used to replenish your stats.
9:21 - Nappy. Please. Open the chest. Don't leave us hanging.
9:47 - They enter a spooky cave full of Predator Scouts and NEW MUSIC! Very plinky-plonky.
10:32 - They hope to build some of the little fights into the in-story tutorial. For example, have enemies near the start who will always do one kind of attack to teach players how to deal with that specific kind of attack.
12:38 - Paprika AI fight.
13:39 - Nappy explains the way the AI works.
15:21 - There is no way for players to edit the AI in-game. Or at least that's not something they've planned to do.
15:38 - The AI LEARNS!
17:33 - Velvet sprite! Pixel Velvet has a tiny ice-sprite following her around. They carry a torch they can light in exchange for the magic meter.
19:33 - The AI is aware of its hitbox, so it can perfectly avoid projectile attacks, which is a bit spooky. This is probably not something that will be fought in the actual game.
20:57 - The scary AI is not reading inputs, it's just really good at reacting to on-screen graphics.
22:47 - Pixel Pom! With cute pixel pups! At this stage they sniff out secrets for you.
24:52 - This story mode lobby is totally a means by which you can unlock hats and items. Not a lot of thought put into exactly how the unlocking system will work yet. They aren't supper worried about building a stable in-game economy.
26:53 - Oh, right, that fighting stage. There's going to be a grid-like stage like that for training and stuff.
27:45 - They don't know how ranked systems are going to work yet.
28:10 - The chest in the cave has a little halo item in it! Will that be rewarded to players who don't idle?
28:22 - There will be other predators, not just wolves. They will each focus on different archetypes (projectile, throws, blocking, flying, etc). They aren't full characters like the ungulates are.
29:23 - Modifiers are being considered but they would be seperate modes.
32:18 - Fight with AI Tianhuo.
33:32 - Nappy with Mike Z's body makes a return. Translation is something along the lines of "Do you want to be part of the growth?"
33:41 - Velvet AI fight.
36:12 - They know people would like to play as the Predators, but the game has to last long enough for them to make that character. The predator enemies in the game already probably won't be playable because, again, they aren't full characters.
37:03 - They aren't sure about a lobby editor for public use. Most of the tools are internal, making them work externally would require a lot of testing and refinements.
37:58 - Even if it doesn't come paired with new characters like goat, adding new mini-stories and stages is always a possibility.
38:35 - The only throws planned for each character are forward and back throws. Any extra throws will be unique to a more throw-based character.
42:55 - The team would like to add little lobby emotes if they can.
43:56 - The team is also considering environmental hazards in the lobby.
50:48 - The team is not trying to make the game unmodable, mods just aren't supported.
52:53 - The animations in the lobby may be limited to just standing and walking, seeing as every animation they make needs to allow for every item they make.
53:40 - Fighting 2 or more predators at once is a feature they are working on currently. By this they mean the predators will just attack you one after the other without having to go back to the lobby as opposed to actually fighting against 2 hitboxes at once.
54:36 - Backerkit allows you to give them tips if you want. You don't get anything for it, but they make the team smile, and at the end of the day isn't that what's important?
58:02 - They might have some basic idle animations in the lobby, like blinking and bouncing.
58:19 - The team is totally game for adding a little easter-egg or bonus for the hardcore forum-goers, but no specific plans. That idea makes me happy.
59:00 - Sandwich hat is best hat. Someone should suggest that officially.
59:32 - There are still 78 people who need to send in what digital item they want to make.
1:02:52 - They've had 55 responses for pallets so far. Only 4 suggestions for Pom pallets, 6 for Paprika, 7 for Arizona, 9 for Tian and Velvet, 20 for Oleander. Everybody is against Pom. No wonder she's so shy.

Boy this was a long one. Long and dense. Like a genetic sequence, but cuter. Sorry about the double post but they left me no choice. I'm the victim here.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Boy this was a long one. Long and dense. Like a genetic sequence, but cuter. Sorry about the double post but they left me no choice. I'm the victim here.
I know your pain, my good fellow. I know it well.

1:20:35 - Lauren would be a giraffe if given the chance. Don't let her read our roleplay thread.
I regret nothing!

That said, thanks for your work. After reading this, I realized that I missed a few things myself. So your hard work is well appreciated. Also: I was sad to hear that my glorious masters the predators are more animalistic then intelligent. But such is life.

Reactions: Stunthead

gatorafan

HOLAS: (tm)
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ship02: Ur
nightarks.enjin.com
I am mad busy with some projects lately so this recaps that can be read in a few minutes are always appreciated. :Paprika:

Shame my question about the music in the lobby/story wasn't answered (it was probably a Stuart thing anyway). I'd really love if once the game is released we are just walking around to that chill cave theme and it switches to a more upbeat version of it whenever an encounter occurs. Like the transitions this track has at 2:26 and 4:57

Or at 8:59 in this one for a less serious tune:

CrpCrwls

Feb 6, 2016
Have many other fighting games used RPG mechanics? As someone who loves RPGs but sucks at fighting games (though I still love fighting games for the cool stuff they do) the way this is evolving pleases me greatly.

Flutter KI

Killer Instinct fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Have many other fighting games used RPG mechanics? As someone who loves RPGs but sucks at fighting games (though I still love fighting games for the cool stuff they do) the way this is evolving pleases me greatly.
Killer Instincts new single player mode uses rouge like and rpg elements to buff characters in tons of different ways.

gatorafan

HOLAS: (tm)
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ship02: Ur
nightarks.enjin.com
Killer Instincts new single player mode uses rouge like and rpg elements to buff characters in tons of different ways.
Shadowlords is amazing (and I want to see some of its features on this game), but most of the gameplay on that mode is more like a tabletop and less like what Mane6 is doing (something more in the vein of Chrono Trigger).

With that said, I really don't know a lot about fightans outside of the mainstream ones so I can't really answer Crawlies' question.

Delusional Dreamer

Dreamer of Delusional Dreams
Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
You guys should just watch this stream's archive for yourself, The first part is Lauren, the second part is awesome story-mode stuff. The whole thing is worth seeing. But in case you just want a recap, here's the... recap.

MANE6 WORK STREAM #10.2 - SEPT 23
PART 1

0:00 - Already on the sidebar we can see a few backer-suggested items, such as "Cat on head", "Mystic Eye", "Top Hat Checker", "Straw Hat lol", "Chinese Hat" and... is that a Tiarawhy bat? Oh... oh my...
0:18 - Lauren Faust speaks! Praise be to the destroyer of headcanons everywhere!
0:29 - Lindsay is here too! Now it's a real party!
1:38 - Lauren has been busy working on writing the story mode, which she has found to be very different from writing for TV or film. Much less structure.
3:40 - The team is happy with the direction Lauren is taking the story. She started off just making, essentially, an "arcade mode" with a beginning, middle and end for each character where they all had a chance to "win" the story and be the hero, but has since changed the story so that it follows less of the traditional fighting game story tropes. She still hopes to give all the characters arcs and goals, both in an emotional sense and a plot driven sense, and have them change and evolve over the course of the story.
6:15 - Lauren calls Pom an asshole. Poor Pom. :[
7:00 - A few hints at the plotlines of the game. The characters don't have a lot of information when they start their quest, so they have to learn where they're going, why they're going there, etc. There will be twists and turns and double-backs and meetings with characters who change everything. "Half scavanger hunt, half adventure."
8:35 - They're going to use the pixel lobby stuff for the story mode. They say they aren't making Final Fantasy, but secretly they're totally making Final Fantasy.
9:47 - They reiterate that there will be a more traditional "Let's just go through with one character and practise fights" type mode included.
10:16 - Lauren says that coming at the story with her background may lead to some interesting ideas simply because she doesn't know any better.
11:33 - The game is not coming out on any consoles... initially.
12:04 - The reason there's no late backerkit rewards is because the physical stuff is limited in resources, the in-game items and sprites take up a lot of time and the digital rewards aren't ready yet, so putting them up as add-ons is a little gauche.
14:20 - Lauren calls the goat "him." Looks like the gender of the goat might not be as set in stone as we thought.
14:31 - The "magic meter" in the game does not necessarily correspond to actual magic in the context of the story. Lauren says that only roughly 10 percent of the species in Foenum are actually magic, most of them are just normal.
17:15 - At this stage, the story will not split off and have options, it will be more linear. Maybe nearer to the end of production or post-release they will add a few more mini-stories. If memory serves, the "alternate" versions of the story will just be the arcade mode.
19:02 - They plan on making story sequences between fights skippable.
19:29 - The Huoshan society is a military monarchy. They aren't warriors, per say. Lauren says they have a military for the same reason any country has a military. Sometimes to attack, sometimes to defend.
21:44 - Arizona isn't really the main character, it's more just that she has the purest intentions for why she wants to save the world. This makes her a nice thread to follow, but really all the characters are the stars of their own stories.
23:56 - They have heaps of ideas for characters after the goat in terms of fighting game mechanics. (If they don't have a Springbok character eventually I'm going to riot)
24:09 - Demons aren't considered predators. Predators kill things and eat their flesh. Demons just eat souls and corrupt things.
25:18 - Kiwi Pom or riot.
26:50 - Lauren says Longma hatch from eggs.
27:24 - The team wants to make character-specific dialogue between characters before fights that's unique to that matchup. If Pom fights Velvet, they will have a little chat specific to Pom and Velvet.
28:05 - You heard 'em guys. We're free to discuss suggestions about existing characters at any time. Arm your headcanons.
28:45 - The pixelated sprites are fairly high-quality in-game, but yes, the pixel style will largely be what is used unless in fights.
29:15 - There are 5 people who still need to pick what kind of plush they want so the team can get started making them. If you backed that tier, please respond.
30:24 - People want Lauren to do a Let's Play of the game once it comes out. Lauren says she would, but she would be terrible at it and the video would suck.
31:08 - Jay finishes making the hat and names it "Wool Bonnet." We also see another suggested item is "Massive Pomp."
31:19 - The game is not likely to get a co-op mode, at least not at launch. That's not what it was designed for.
31:29 - Backer items for the neck are shown. They include a rainbow heart, a tiny fish, a black rose, some thing I can't make out (I think it's a cape?), a blue pendant, a red pendant and a green scarf.
33:07 - There will be couch multiplayer. All features you'd expect from a fighting game will be included
33:52 - Foenum's unicorns have magic that revolves around their belief system, and it probably has rules or some system they need to follow. Oleander is a rebel.
36:54 - It's a piece of cake to make a pretty cape. Jay finishes the cape he was working on and calls it "Stridey Cape."
37:04 - There are plenty of species if Foenum that don't get along. Special mention goes to Reindeer and Cows. You will see that manifest between Ari and Velvet.
37:36 - More items. "Weird mask thing" and "80s glasses."
38:38 - The banishment wasn't an act of revenge, so things that could eat meat but didn't need it weren't banished. The example given is that pigs can eat meat but they don't hunt for it, so they were spared.
40:33 - If the game does well, they won't need another crowdfund for additional characters. That said, they would consider the option if they had to. Personal note, I would take additional crowdfunding over charging for DLC ANY DAY. The fewer things you have to buy after you've already bought the game, the better. Paywalls are painful and they discourage new players. Charge for goat as a backer reward if you want, but anything past that should come with the game IMO. I think I talked about this somewhere else on the forum already, so I'll shut up now.
42:18 - Lauren did not intentionally base Oleander on The Last Unicorn.
43:00 - Lauren says scavengers like vultures are banished. Jay counters that maybe they just help dispose of bodies. Lauren decides that she doesn't know and she'll address it if it comes up.
44:11 - If they need to get rid of a body, they'll write in vultures. Lauren jokes Pom is a murderer who hides bodies like this.
44:36 - The order of the unicorns is the only group of unicorns in Foenum, but probably not the only "Order" of some description.
45:42 - The societies have different levels of technology. Alpake are primitive, Reindeer are pretty advanced, but in any case there's no electricity.
47:43 - The history of the dragons hasn't been thought out too much. They're either banished or extinct. Lauren says treating them like any other predator might be boring.
49:22 - Lauren attempts to explain how the sheepdogs avoided banishment. If I remember correctly, the Indiegogo page said the more harmless wolves hid amongst the sheep while the rest of their kind was disappearing, then ate mice and pests and slowly became domesticated.
50:45 - The ungulates are sapient and as smart as humans, the predators are a little more animalistic (though still technically spaient).
52:23 - Jay finishes the gas mask. None of them say "Are you my mummy?" The oppertunity is wasted.
54:25 - Jay explains smart objects
55:23 - Lauren doesn't know if the Predators age in the Hold or not.
56:48 - The characters' families will only be mentioned if relelvent to the story. Lauren forgets about poor old Woogums. In Velvet's arcade story, she may have an elderly Grandmother that she's very rude to.
57:43 - Many more backer item names are shown! I can't see all of the titles though, but take a look if you're interested.
58:06 - The stuff in The Book of Lore shouldn't be considered set in stone, it's still subject to change.
58:43 - The characters probably age according to their species. They don't age at the same rate. That said, it hasn't been defined yet, so it's subject to change.
1:00:20 - Lauren decides on the spot that Predators can probably talk in a limited capacity, but the dogs don't talk.
1:01:50 - Some items may hide hair/horns/flames etc so that they fit better on the character sprites.
1:02:49 - The backer beta will probably come out about a month before release. The team projects a release date: April 2017
1:07:22 - Lauren jokes about a deer that is bald but the top of her head is painted black.
1:08:32 - Stream suggests party hats. I'm reminded of how Club Penguin used to release a new coloured party hat every time they had an anniversary party.
1:10:21 - The team is cool with people making the book of lore into an actual book as long as they don't sell it..
1:11:13 - The team jokes that Pom has a deep, dark secret. Judging by the earlier comment, it's probably to do with hiding bodies.
1:11:44 - Jay has finished making another item, the Dixie Cup Hat.
1:11:57 - Lauren doesn't know where Oleander found Fred. "She just turned over in bed one morning and he was there."
1:12:15 - The predators probably don't have society the same way Ungulates do. They don't have buildings or cultures, they're just kinda animalistic.
1:13:40 - The team would love to make more games set in this world, even of different genres, but that all depends on how well this game does. Everything they do with this game is because the backers have enabled them to do it, so for now this is the focus.
1:16:47 - Lauren often has a ton of ideas for side-stories for things she's working on that never come up because they aren't immediately relevant to the story. She doesn't like to limit herself by setting down hard rules before they're needed.
1:19:52 - Lauren is asked what her favourite colour is. She doesn't have one.
1:22:00 - Lauren is gone. But does that mean we're out of things to talk about? Not by a long shot...
1:24:44 - Sheep riding a sheep! So wrong! It's unnatural!
I really hope whoever requested the Gas Mask doesn't restrict it.

Flutter KI

Killer Instinct fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Shadowlords is amazing (and I want to see some of its features on this game), but most of the gameplay on that mode is more like a tabletop and less like what Mane6 is doing (something more in the vein of Chrono Trigger). With that said, I really don't know a lot about fightans outside of the mainstream ones so I can't really answer Crawlies' question.
That's what I was doing lol answered his question, what KI is doing is nothing like what mane6 is cookin. Both different takes on a traditional fighting game campaigns.

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
I was going to recap Jay's sneaky stream today, but when I went on Twitch I found they had already removed the archive. Thankfully I had already seen it once and I have an amazing memory so I was able to make the recap anyway. So here it is, a 100% legit recap from your completely trustworthy friend Stunthead who would never lie to you. Let's get started!

MANE6 SECRET WORK STREAM #1 - OCT 18
PART 1

0:00 - The stream has just Jay and nobody else. The majority of the first part is him creating more backer items, and a few he has already created can be seen on the sidebar. The names include things like "Spring Glasses", "Fu Manchu" and "Feedbag."
2:14 - Jay says that they have finally been able to give Paprika some love in the animation department, and we can expect more fully animated moves from her by the next main stream.
15:40 - Jay finishes the first item, a hoodie (just the top part, nothing on the body).
15:53 - Oh, what's this! A folder on the photoshop sidebar is lablled "Faction Leader Items." I haven't heard anything about this yet but I can only assume this means the leaders of the RP factions will be getting unique items? Or maybe items the leaders can gift to other players, who can then gift to other other players, until it spreads throughout the community like a virus. Either way, should be a fun addition.
16:12 - Jay doesn't say anything while making the next item, but he does occassionally grunt. It almost sounds like he's saying someone's name.
26:89 - Jay speaks again, no explaination for the silence. The item is a yellow and white cap.
30:31 - New meme, incoming!
41:55 - A shoutout is given to Matt and Patt from 2 Best Friends Play, who are in the stream chat yucking it up with Rich Jammer.
44:09 - Another item done, a hotdog bun that goes around the character's heads. Jay had to create two versions because it looks different depending on which side you look at it from.
46:29 - Oh, what's this! Another folder! And this one says "Stream Recapper Cap." I can only assume this is a unique item for some good soul who selflessly recaps streams without expecting anything in return! How kind of them to create an item for him or her anyway!
50:16 - Jay is no longer making items, he's playing around with the dynamic fire engine. They have a new fire effect for Tianhuo and Jay is showing it off. He continues showing it off for the next 30 minutes.
1:08:28 - We can expect a new song to drop on the 23rd from RC88. It's Oleander's character theme.
1:25:13 - Stream stops for a second, chat picnics.

PART 2
0:00 - Stream is recovered, Lindsay, Nappy, Luke and Anu are in the stream now as well.
1:37 - They show off a new Oleander idle! And it has more booty wiggles than ever! Unfortunately, they've already decided that they aren't going to be using this idle either, but they wanted to show it off anyway. I hope somebody managed to snag a gif of that because it doesn't sound like they plan on showing it again.
6:66 - Nappy says they've been trying to think of new functions for the magic meter when in the single-player lobby. Paprika might be able to use her magic to summon healing items outside of fights.
9:40 - I forget the specifics here but for some reason they start talking about vegemite.
39:55 - Still talking about vegemite. This is also the point where this becomes the most viewed stream they've ever done. It feels like everybody was there to see it live except for me :(
43:01 - Luke touches the cow, everyone is just sorta pissed off about it for a while and nobody talks to him for the rest of the stream.
48:28 - The team joke (I think?) that the game is going to be renamed to "Mammal Panic 2." I assume the "2" is a reference to the ill-fated last game they were making?
59:54 - Jay turns on the webcam, turns out everyone has been in the same room the entire time, just using different microphones. There's somebody lying on a bed in the background who looks to be in their early fifties. They don't move for the rest of the stream and their presence is never acknowledged.
1:13:53 - Jay finally gets back on track and finishes another item. It's a bloody handprint slapped on the sprite's faces. I would have thought they would make it a hoofprint so it fits the lore better (seeing as humans don't exist in this universe), but I guess we could assume that it's a gorrila hand or something.
1:09:02 - The team decide to devise some new dances like the ones they have for Ari and Velvet, so they all strip naked and start dancing. The chat gets hype. No music is playing.
3:33:22 - Lindsay accidentally calls Arizona "Cow," says "That's one more for the bingo chart."
ᄅϛ:Ɩㄣ:Ɛ - Lauren drops into the chat for a moment! She tells the story of the time she woke up in a pile of corpses that looked just like her. She immediately leaves.
3:51:55 - Jay sings a new Pom song, then confesses that Pom is the best character. Everybody else agrees except for Anu, who still says Oleander is the best character.
4:00:48 - Lindsay has to leave, she is meeting up with her friend Montresor to taste his vintage amontillado. She puts on a jester hat and leaves. The webcam is turned off.
4:20:21 - Ha! Called it!
4:20:45 - Stream abruptly ends, screen flashes this gif for a moment.

...I think you're all smart enough to work this out yourselves, but in case it wasn't obvious, none of this happened. Everything I said up there was a lie. I didn't even get to see the stream before it was taken down. I'm pretty sure it was mainly Jay making backer lobby items, but I honestly have no idea. This is what happens when I don't get to see streams guys, I panic.

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
I was going to recap Jay's sneaky stream today, but when I went on Twitch I found they had already removed the archive. Thankfully I had already seen it once and I have an amazing memory so I was able to make the recap anyway. So here it is, a 100% legit recap from your completely trustworthy friend Stunthead who would never lie to you. Let's get started!

PART 1

0:00 - The stream has just Jay and nobody else. The majority of the first part is him creating more backer items, and a few he has already created can be seen on the sidebar. The names include things like "Spring Glasses", "Fu Manchu" and "Feedbag."
2:14 - Jay says that they have finally been able to give Paprika some love in the animation department, and we can expect more fully animated moves from her by the next main stream.
15:40 - Jay finishes the first item, a hoodie (just the top part, nothing on the body).
15:53 - Oh, what's this! A folder on the photoshop sidebar is lablled "Faction Leader Items." I haven't heard anything about this yet but I can only assume this means the leaders of the RP factions will be getting unique items? Or maybe items the leaders can gift to other players, who can then gift to other other players, until it spreads throughout the community like a virus. Either way, should be a fun addition.
16:12 - Jay doesn't say anything while making the next item, but he does occassionally grunt. It almost sounds like he's saying someone's name.
26:89 - Jay speaks again, no explaination for the silence. The item is a yellow and white cap.
41:55 - A shoutout is given to Matt and Patt from 2 Best Friends Play, who are in the stream chat yucking it up with Rich Jammer.
44:09 - Another item done, a hotdog bun that goes around the character's heads. Jay had to create two versions because it looks different depending on which side you look at it from.
46:29 - Oh, what's this! Another folder! And this one says "Stream Recapper Cap." I can only assume this is a unique item for some good soul who selflessly recaps streams without expecting anything in return! How kind of them to create an item for him or her anyway!
50:16 - Jay is no longer making items, he's playing around with the dynamic fire engine. They have a new fire effect for Tianhuo and Jay is showing it off. He continues showing it off for the next 30 minutes.
1:08:28 - We can expect a new song to drop on the 23rd from RC88. It's Oleander's character theme.

PART 2
0:00 - Stream is recovered, Lindsay, Nappy, Luke and Anu are in the stream now as well.
1:37 - They show off a new Oleander idle! And it has more booty wiggles than ever! Unfortunately, they've already decided that they aren't going to be using this idle either, but they wanted to show it off anyway. I hope somebody managed to snag a gif of that because it doesn't sound like they plan on showing it again.
6:66 - Nappy says they've been trying to think of new functions for the magic meter when in the single-player lobby. Paprika might be able to use her magic to summon healing items outside of fights.
9:40 - I forget the specifics here but for some reason they start talking about vegemite.
39:55 - Still talking about vegemite. This is also the point where this becomes the most viewed stream they've ever done. It feels like everybody was there to see it live except for me :(
43:01 - Luke touches the cow, everyone is just sorta pissed off about it for a while and nobody talks to him for the rest of the stream.
48:28 - The team joke (I think?) that the game is going to be renamed to "Mammal Panic 2." I assume the "2" is a reference to the ill-fated last game they were making?
59:54 - Jay turns on the webcam, turns out everyone has been in the same room the entire time, just using different microphones. There's somebody lying on a bed in the background who looks to be in their early fifties. They don't move for the rest of the stream and their presence is never acknowledged.
1:13:53 - Jay finally gets back on track and finishes another item. It's a bloody handprint slapped on the sprite's faces. I would have thought they would make it a hoofprint so it fits the lore better (seeing as humans don't exist in this universe), but I guess we could assume that it's a gorrila hand or something.
1:09:02 - The team decide to devise some new dances like the ones they have for Ari and Velvet, so they all strip naked and start dancing. The chat gets hype. No music is playing.
3:33:22 - Lindsay accidentally calls Arizona "Cow," says "That's one more for the bingo chart."
ᄅϛ:Ɩㄣ:Ɛ - Lauren drops into the chat for a moment! She tells the story of the time she woke up in a pile of corpses that looked just like her. She immediately leaves.
3:51:55 - Jay sings a new Pom song, then confesses that Pom is the best character. Everybody else agrees except for Anu, who still says Oleander is the best character.
4:00:48 - Lindsay has to leave, she is meeting up with her friend Montresor to taste his vintage amontillado. She puts on a jester hat and leaves. The webcam is turned off.

...I think you're all smart enough to work this out yourselves, but in case it wasn't obvious, none of this happened. Everything I said up there was a lie. I didn't even get to see the stream before it was taken down. I'm pretty sure it was mainly Jay making backer lobby items, but I honestly have no idea. This is what happens when I don't get to see streams guys, I panic.
I would say good job cause you had me fooled until part 2. Funny that it was past the part where Matt and Patt were yucking it up with me in the chat since I wasn't even there.

Delusional Dreamer

Dreamer of Delusional Dreams
Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com

PART 1

PART 2

Ok, Jay went away for a lunch break and the chat picnicked, so you got that right. While reading, I kept trying to figure out where I ended up joining and leaving. Also I'm with Rich, that was pretty believable until part two. (besides for the fact none of that happend and it made me wonder if Jay made two different streams.) If the stream comes up on YouTube will you do another recap?

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains

PART 1

PART 2

... You had me completely fooled, and I was even at the stream. I had thought that perhaps there was another one that I had somehow missed. You devious little ram you...