Licensed Games That Are Actually Good

Gamerdude854

Pizza Pasta
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 7, 2016
Canada
Talk about Licensed Games (Games based on movies, tv shows, products, etc) that are actually good here.

For me I have quite a few that I love:
Hulk Ultimate Destruction-Open world Hulk game with missions revolving around destroying bases, cargo trucks, etc and battling the army and epic bosses, what more could you ask for?

Spider-Man 2-You get Spidy powers in an open world New York, have fun.

Spongebob Movie Game-Very good 3D platformer with that Spongebob charm, plus all original voice actors.

Wolverines Revenge-Mark Hamill voices Wolverine. Nuff said.

Def Jam Fight For New York-Intense and fast paced brawler staring rap and hip hop artists. It's a lot more fun than it sounds trust me.

The Simpsons Game-This game doesn't even have a 4th wall.

Almost every James Bond game ever, especially Goldeneye-Do I even have to explain this one?

Adventure Time Hey Ice King...-Very good Zelda 2 esque platformer

And many more, but I can't list em all

Gamerdude854

Pizza Pasta
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 7, 2016
Canada
There's a lot of really good star wars games like Knights of the Old Republic and Battlefront 2

Anymore a lot of star wars video games just don't have that "movie game" feel now that there's enough expanded universe to really go ham on it
I only ever played the first battlefront as a kid and I loved it

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
I loved the Scott Pilgrim game, though I may be biased due to my love of Scott Pilgrim. I recently saw someone talking about the game as though it's accepted fact that it isn't very good, so iono.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
There's a lot of really good star wars games like Knights of the Old Republic and Battlefront 2

Anymore a lot of star wars video games just don't have that "movie game" feel now that there's enough expanded universe to really go ham on it
Some of my best gaming experences came from Star Wars titles. In fact, iirc, the first vg I ever bought was the Star Wars game for the SNES. Good times.

Reactions: Gamerdude854

18/NINE-TEEN

♫ ♪ Just Get On With It & Kill Me ♩ ♬
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Scott Pilgrim VS The World Game (XBox 360/XBox Live Market Place).
This game was fun to play & the online co-op mode gave it more replay value.
I will eventully buy Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds on either XBox 360 &/or Steam as the game play is the same as Scott Pilgrim VS The World Game.

Scott Pilgrim VS The World Game

Tiny Toons Adventures: Babs' Big Break (Game Boy) & Tiny Toons Advetures: Buster Busts Loose (SNES). I enjoyed play these games. I enjoyed the level with Dizzy Devil & the American Football game on Buster Busts Loose.

Addams Family Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt was a good but hard game to play. I still need to complete this game.

Disney's Aladdin (SNES) was fun to play. The magic carpet & genie level was fun.

Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers (NES), TMNT: Tournament Fighters (SNES), TMNT (arcade game), Taz-Mania (SNES) The Simpsons (Arcade game), Batman The Movie (Commodore 64) where good.

I can add some of these licensed games from this thread to the list.
Anime/Manga/Fan Service/Japanese/Bullet Hell Games

Last edited:
Reactions: Rich Jammer

Barbaloot

Bringer of sorrow and also donuts.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wisconsin
Budokai 3 is my heart and soul. It's the first time Dragonball was so fast pased in a fighting game. It's excellent and blows both it's predecessors and it's successors out of the water.

Reactions: Gamerdude854

xCROOKEDx

Strongest Bee in the World!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'm a bit surprised no one has mentioned Kingdom Hearts, which isn't a series I personally enjoy (sans the GBA game), but can see why people do.

Anyways,
The Lion King for SNES. (My childhood.)
Toy Story 2 for PS1
Injustice: GAU
Telltale's The Walking Dead
Telltale's The Wolf Among Us
The Witcher series

Laurel Crown

Leader of the Proud Nation of Velvetia
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Simpsons: Hit & Run
In the eyes of a casual player it looks like a cheap GTA knock-off but it is pretty fun if you want to roam Springfield and aim for the 100%.

Max APogee

Five gold and a party!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Kent, UK
www.facebook.com
I thought Alien: Isolation was really good, especially after the mess that was Colonial Marines (though, in all fairness, I actually quite enjoyed that game and didn't seem to get plagued by any of the bugs that hit everyone else) It's one of only two games that has genuinely scared me, which isn't really surprising as Alien is the only film to have genuinely scared me.

Reactions: Nadia

Nadia

Feb 4, 2016
Germany
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, it was more "Indi 4" that Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will ever be.

A88mph

Game Maker and Starship Captain.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
a88mph.itch.io
I think Star Trek has a lot of great-to-decent game under its licence. "Starfleet Command", "Star Trek Online", "Star Trek: Conquest" and "Shattered Universe" are my top picks.