Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Predator

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
And to kick things back off, I've made just a few headshots of some Griffin concepts. I tried to keep in mind that she shouldn't resemble Gilda too much, how do y'all feel about them? The far left is just your basic, the middle I hooked the beak, and gave her face paint to kind of go for a tribal/native look; and the far right is just a punk rocker with what I can now see looks like DJ PON3's hair XD. Any ideas on where to go from here? I have no problems with going back to the drawing board if none of these sketches suffice.

As always, y'all have a good day!
Personaly I like the second. (and I think the third looks Gilda-ey)

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
So it seems pretty evenly split between the three sketches. What are the details that you guys like the most out of each sketch? Be sure to list them so I can try and incorporate such details in another sketch! :D

ty4brawl

Feed b ack
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
FL
discord.gg
I like pretty much everything about the first one. If I took anything from the other 2, I guess it'd be the brows and beak from the 2nd and the eye markings from the 3rd. Not sure it'll look good like that though. lol

Pom d'or

Gave himself a fake award
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
I think it's the face markings on the second one that I like about it. You could put those with any of the three 'hair' styles. (Featherstyles?)

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I think it's the face markings on the second one that I like about it. You could put those with any of the three 'hair' styles. (Featherstyles?)
Roger that! Yeah, I find the facepaint to be something a bit unique for a TFH character. Like she's some actual warrior fighting for her tribe.

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I like the design, even though the pose doesn't go with the jerkish/rude attitude.
A fellow artist has drawn up their own version of the Griffin! I take no credit for the image, and have been given permission by the original creator to post it here. What do you guys think of it?
View attachment 2936
I like it, but was she supost to be Jerkish? was that desided already, she can be like, totally radical dudes.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
More Griffin heads! I've kept the idea of having the crest be in the back of her head, and three slightly different variations of it. First resembles what I originally had. The second is more flared up. And the third kind of looks like sonic the hedgehog . . . I didn't notice that until now. How do you guys feel about these?

Also, here's a plain Griffin head for you guys to draw on. Maybe you can post your designs here! Got any crest designs you can come up with? Or just wanna be silly then that's fine too :3

Thanks for reading! Have a good day!

Ebvert

Mega-Absol Potential Molester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Neuquen, Argentina
Hey guys, great design so far, I like the type of beak you went for and the motto to use her head shape as her hair.
I did make a griffon of myself a while ago, I made a thread and everything but since the griffon discussion is in here I'll be posting what I came up with, just for convenience sake.

I did try to accommodate for how Lauren worked on the initial concepts, and how mane6 managed to convert them into flash versions. Also taking into consideration the workflow they showed on the streams, changing some lines and the overall complexity of the design.
TFH - OCc.png
I did try different feather patterns, the top image is the one I decided on, but share your opinions if you'd like
PureRef_2018-12-04_14-27-44.png

My 2 cents.