Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Moose

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Zebra

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Predator

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
I already said it in my previous comment but I vote for a male.

Also, it surprises me to see that nobody has been tossing ideas here for the past few days, or even at least voting for the gender. That makes me a little worried about the project. I've already said it in my previous comments but this idea of creating a character together looks really interesting and neat. It would be a shame if everybody was already losing interest...

Okie dokie, so since I can't delete and start a new poll, I guess every other decision we make will have to be placed down here in the Replies section. (Unless there's a way to create a new poll, and I'm just dumb). But the next question will have to be: What will the gender of our Griffin be?
As @ty4brawl suggested, you could make strawpolls. Maybe that would help? Perhaps some members just don't want to comment or post anything and prefer voting on an actual poll.

Brutus

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Considering the entirety of the cast (and I think planned cast additions as well?) minus Fred are female, having one male character might be a bit odd. Especially if they're predator-passing. So I suppose I'll pitch in for a female character.

1 fluid, 2 female, 3 male.

Seems like male is leading. Anyone else for the voting?

Considering the entirety of the cast (and I think planned cast additions as well?) minus Fred are female, having one male character might be a bit odd. Especially if they're predator-passing. So I suppose I'll pitch in for a female character.
There are chances that the Mane6 will add male characters, not juste female ones.
And the problem is that if we follow this logic for every character to be created/added, then we will never have male characters.

Last edited:

Delusional Dreamer

Dreamer of Delusional Dreams
Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
Since it was brought up but never done, I figured I'd go ahead and make a Strawpoll for the character's gender.

Link here: Them's Fightin' Herds Community Character Poll: Gender

This way, we can have people in The Hold vote without confusion like that which happened before in the thread, give Vidz and everyone else an easier way to keep track of answers, and not require people who want to vote to make a post about it (most of the time). Hope this helps, and go vote!

Last edited:

Salty Beef

Fau Con, at your service.
Since it was brought up but never done, I figured I'd go and make a Strawpoll for the character's gender.

Link here: Them's Fightin' Herds Community Character Poll: Gender

This way, we can have people in The Hold vote without confusion like that which happened before in the thread, give Vidz and everyone else an easier way to keep track of answers, and not require people who want to vote to make a post about it (most of the time). Hope this helps, and go vote!

huh.. I hope this works.. does it save after you get rid of the tab?

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I've been away from this for a while, huh? Sorry everyone :(

But it seems Delusional's strawpoll was an excellent way to collect votes! With a total of twelve votes, it appears we've got a Female Griffin on our hands! Now, if anyone's still interested, let's mold this character!

But where should we begin? Fighting style? Character traits? What kind of ideas do you guys have for our Griffin?

I've been away from this for a while, huh? Sorry everyone :(

But it seems Delusional's strawpoll was an excellent way to collect votes! With a total of twelve votes, it appears we've got a Female Griffin on our hands! Now, if anyone's still interested, let's mold this character!

But where should we begin? Fighting style? Character traits? What kind of ideas do you guys have for our Griffin?
I think we should work on the character traits first before the fighting style and moveset.
She has to be different from the other characters personality-wise.

speed_rac3r

Jun 8, 2018
If we're looking for a personality to distinguish from the others, maybe we could do someone who's got a motherly vibe or mature at an early age vibe? Idk the exact age everyone else is, but based on what I've read/heard from voice lines and lore, I get the impression the girls are young adult or younger in terms of mental maturity (is that even the right term?). So, it could be a nice change to have an older character/character who thinks more like an older adult in the mix.

Last edited:
Reactions: Salty Beef

Salty Beef

If we're looking for a personality to distinguish from the others, maybe we could do someone who's got a motherly vibe or mature at an early age vibe? Idk the exact age everyone else is, but based on what I've read/heard from voice lines and lore, I get the impression the girls are young adult or younger in terms of mental maturity (is that even the right term?). So, it could be a nice change to have an older character/character who thinks more like an older adult in the mix.

hmm I can totally rave to this idea.

anyone else have any personality's that you'd like to see with this here Griffin?

I myself haven't, sorry. but I like the sound of this.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

speed_rac3r

Jun 8, 2018
Hmm...well if we wanna do older adult and not completely good, why don't we do something like a bitter, cynical, cold older adult type? She could be the type that only works with other people or does things if it benefits herself?

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I know that all the characters have an accent to represent a specific culture. Pom's is Scottish, Oleander is British, Tianhuo is Asian, Arizona is American, Velvet is German; what could the griffin be?

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I've been gone a long time, and I've left so many things unfinished. This thread included, and I intend on finishing our character. So far, it looks like we left off at a Female Griffin, and perhaps an edgy one? I plan on sketching some Griffin concepts and you guys can vote on which you like most, and make suggestions on what I could do until we finalize the concept!

I made this thread not knowing how to handle it, but this time I'm ready. So, who's with me? ;3

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I've been gone a long time, and I've left so many things unfinished. This thread included, and I intend on finishing our character. So far, it looks like we left off at a Female Griffin, and perhaps an edgy one? I plan on sketching some Griffin concepts and you guys can vote on which you like most, and make suggestions on what I could do until we finalize the concept!

I made this thread not knowing how to handle it, but this time I'm ready. So, who's with me? ;3
Im down for this to continue

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
And to kick things back off, I've made just a few headshots of some Griffin concepts. I tried to keep in mind that she shouldn't resemble Gilda too much, how do y'all feel about them? The far left is just your basic, the middle I hooked the beak, and gave her face paint to kind of go for a tribal/native look; and the far right is just a punk rocker with what I can now see looks like DJ PON3's hair XD. Any ideas on where to go from here? I have no problems with going back to the drawing board if none of these sketches suffice.

As always, y'all have a good day!

Salty Beef

And to kick things back off, I've made just a few headshots of some Griffin concepts. I tried to keep in mind that she shouldn't resemble Gilda too much, how do y'all feel about them? The far left is just your basic, the middle I hooked the beak, and gave her face paint to kind of go for a tribal/native look; and the far right is just a punk rocker with what I can now see looks like DJ PON3's hair XD. Any ideas on where to go from here? I have no problems with going back to the drawing board if none of these sketches suffice.

I like dat Punk Rock one.

Delusional Dreamer

Dreamer of Delusional Dreams
Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com

Oooooh, I'm so torn between first and third.