Lawyer Friendly Equines Discussion Thread.

TwistedSheep

A sort-of-artist
Backers' Beta Tester
Yeah the movie looks good, the art style is a bit to get use to like you said and jarring if this is the only time they'll use the style but it all looks phenomenal. I just wonder plot-wise what the royal sisters will be doing, holding down the home fort I hope. But I did enjoy not showing too much Storm King

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
I'm just curious why they are going to the seaponies in the first place to deal with a fleet of airships, as well as what the heck Grubber is supposed to be. Also good to see Dash sword-fighting with her mouth like in the comics. In any case, I hope the prequel comics will be available at the local bookstores.

Reactions: ILikeKirbys and Tox

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
It's going to suck waiting for the Blu-ray (or even UHD?) release. I haven't seen a movie in theaters in years (Last one I'm sure of is X2: X-Men United), for various reasons, but this one does tempt me to break with tradition.

The change in animation style is somewhat subtle, but still noticeable. Their faces are a bit more...roundish when viewed head-on? A bit chubby, in a way? They look a bit anime-esque in an odd way.

PixelGrip94

Games, Movies, Music, & Ponies!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Yeah the movie looks good, the art style is a bit to get use to like you said and jarring if this is the only time they'll use the style but it all looks phenomenal. I just wonder plot-wise what the royal sisters will be doing, holding down the home fort I hope. But I did enjoy not showing too much Storm King
My money's on they got captured again or something. I'm hoping that's not the case though. I'd prefer the princesses actually being useful for once...

I'm just curious why they are going to the seaponies in the first place to deal with a fleet of airships, as well as what the heck Grubber is supposed to be. Also good to see Dash sword-fighting with her mouth like in the comics. In any case, I hope the prequel comics will be available at the local bookstores.
Yeah, maybe the seaponies will have magic that allows them to stay above water? Or perhaps they'll introduce a new deus ex machina similar to the EOH? I dunno, but they're definitely related to how the Mane 6 meet Captain Celaeno (Zoe Saldana) and the pirates I'm sure. Either that or it's the other way around and the pirates help them get to the seaponies.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Minor note, but awhile Tempest was beating up the fish guy, it seems there is the possibility of orcs given the boar standing on two legs observing the fight.

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Yeah, maybe the seaponies will have magic that allows them to stay above water? Or perhaps they'll introduce a new deus ex machina similar to the EOH? I dunno, but they're definitely related to how the Mane 6 meet Captain Celaeno (Zoe Saldana) and the pirates I'm sure. Either that or it's the other way around and the pirates help them get to the seaponies.
Well, looks like the trailer inadvertently spoiled how the seaponies will help above water. But I guess it is extremely hard to not show spoilers in a trailer (speaking from experience here).

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I wonder why they chose to do this with a different art style? I'd imagine that is the reason why this took so long to make?
From what I've heard and read, ToonBoom is a lot easier to use than flash. Especially with something on this scale. And I think it took so long as a result of wanting to make the best product they could, as well as having to learn the new software being used for the sake for the film and redesigning things from scratch in that software, on top of some of the staff working on the film working on the show simultaneously, specifically Daniel Ingram who barely finished the film score less than a month ago. Provided I like the overall product, I'm willing to wait for as long as I need to. Otherwise, I'd have to renounce my title as a Kingdom Hearts fan...

Reactions: Tox

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I expect they will. Especially if it is indeed easier to use. Plus, why spend all that time learning to use it for just the movie(s)?

The show has gradually been changing visually since season 1, this would just be a more drastic change/jump (going from S7 to S8).

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
If I'm honest, while I love the new way the movie is being animated, I thunk I'd prefer the show to be the same flash as the last 7 years if only to keep it consistent within the show. Plus, I thank switching to the movie style animation would slightly devalue the movie in how they pulled out all the stops for something special. But that's just me.

Nadia

Feb 4, 2016
Germany
I looked at the trailer and I found something interesting at the Beginning, at 0:07 the Pink Pegasus with Blue Mane, could that be G1 Firefly?

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Got some Acrylights (Acrylic art with backlights) by VasGoTec.

Forgive the crappy pics.

Fallout: The Glue Factory Logo

New Lunar Republic (NLR) Design

Princess Moonbottom by hioshiru-alter.

The tape is a temporary solution....probably?

I also have this one with Sunbottom Tyrant, but I don't have a place for it ATM.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Speaking of which, there is a FO: E Official Audiobook that The Glue Factory Daily is promoting, though for some odd reason, it will cost close to half a hundred thousand due to hiring professional voice actors (not Nowacking, apparently).

Should be interesting when the new season comes in August...though some of the synopsises seem a bit overdone. I am looking forward to a royal rumble of the mighty Sphinx in action though (though the age of man riddle probably won't work in this case if it uses it). Seriously, with all these new races popping up in the movie, as well as Dragons, Yaks and Changelings taking up a fair amount of land, where would the ancient 'egypt' area be located in The Glue Factory? Better yet, where is the origin of the country the three pony races came from before arriving at The Glue Factory due to no mention of boats being used during the play.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I got an OC for Neoseeker made, but we still need to name her. Any suggestions? I could pass them along.

Um... What? Can I have a link to this?
Here You Go!

I'm not super keen on the idea myself. The Manehattan Edition is pretty good, this really doesn't need a professional job, the semi-professional job for that version is plenty good, and doesn't cost money.

Reactions: Redness

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
As to her name, I think working 'Seeker' into her name is the best way to tie her to the site. 'Neo' just doesn't really work for a pony name IMO.

Though currently the name 'Bluebelle' is at the top of the running.

I think Round About would be a good name, given the mark it has.
Makes her sound like she'd be chronically indirect though XD

How about... Nancy/Nadia/Natalie/Nera the Neoseeker horse? Any of those resonate well?
I think someone else suggested 'Nadia'. Though I'm not sure how well that works as a pony name.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Minor note, but EQD put up a new map of The Glue Factory...and it looks like Zecora comes from a very small village near the Storm King's lair. Not to mention there seems to be sand dune houses.

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I kind of hope we get to see more of Zecora and her origins. But at the same time I don't want any head canon to be rustled, or for it to be done poorly. So I could go either way.
I agree. Zecora is barely used in the series and I'd love her to get some more use instead of existing in the grey area between background character and main character.

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
So yeah, this episode finally premiered in the U.S. starting us back up with Lawyer Friendly Equines Season 7! I still enjoyed Discordant Harmony when I watched the early release from Australia, and The Perfect Pear still made me tear up like crazy. Definitely one of the best episodes of the series.

And that song... So much:olliesad:

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I STILL have to catch up on almost a season's worth of episodes myself.

I think I stopped at ep 17 of S6? I keep saying I'll do it next time I have a few nights off, but I always find it tossed to the wayside. I haven't stopped with ponies, it's just mostly fanfictions that get my attention these days.

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
I reckon I'm on my way out tbh. I am not resigning from ponies (as if it was that simple *takes drag*) but my interest and viewing of the show has defs receded and I'm finding, if I remember to watch a new one, I'll skim through it if I don't take to it in the first few minutes.

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I STILL have to catch up on almost a season's worth of episodes myself.

I think I stopped at ep 17 of S6? I keep saying I'll do it next time I have a few nights off, but I always find it tossed to the wayside. I haven't stopped with ponies, it's just mostly fanfictions that get my attention these days.
I reckon I'm on my way out tbh. I am not resigning from ponies (as if it was that simple *takes drag*) but my interest and viewing of the show has defs receded and I'm finding, if I remember to watch a new one, I'll skim through it if I don't take to it in the first few minutes.
And what are your thoughts on the movie? Are either of you guys still gonna see it in theaters?

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
And what are your thoughts on the movie? Are either of you guys still gonna see it in theaters?
I generally don't watch films in theaters. Haven't been to one in years. I tend to develop a headache (too loud!) and I need rear window captioning besides.

I MIGHT make an exception, to get my hands on the Lawyer Friendly Equines themed cups and stuff though.

Reactions: PixelGrip94

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I MIGHT make an exception, to get my hands on the Lawyer Friendly Equines themed cups and stuff though.
I so wanna own that stuff. As if I don't have enough Lawyer Friendly Equines junk with no space to put it.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I so wanna own that stuff. As if I don't have enough Lawyer Friendly Equines junk with no space to put it.
I know what you mean. *Glances at his pony plush pile*. I have enough pony merch to spread around a whole one story house/condo quite comfortably.

Also, Voting is open on that Neoseeker pony name. 10 names to choose from.

Though you have to be a member to vote.

Reactions: PixelGrip94 and Tox

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
I will kill you all in your sleep if you don't vote Sundae Swirl.

Tbh, the lack of Chef Vortivask is a tragedy.