Lawyer Friendly Equines Discussion Thread.

StopShot

But can you poni-poni-poni?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
An Alternate Timeline
I can't say everyone here is a brony, because the game has expanded its fanbase, but for those of you who are what's your favorite pony? Who is your favorite background pony? Are you excited for season 6 this spring? c:

Reactions: Tox

Discord Sparkle

Witch of Doom
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hope's Peak Academy
Favorite pony: Gottagofast (Favorite character overall is Discord)
Favorite Background pony: Screwball
Excited for Season 6: Yes

I propose more questions: favorite episode / favorite song? Mine are Bookworm Hoers's Kingdom and Party Hoers's Lament

StopShot

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
An Alternate Timeline
Favorite mane pony: I like them all and can't choose one. >.<;
Favorite background pony: Lightning Dust
I'm also excited for season 6, but I wish they'd release more information on when it starts. o:

I like the song, "Make a wish" and I think I'm tied between season finales 1, 2, and 5. (I consider parts 1 and 2 as one episode.)

bibliogeek

Sick of tea? That's like being sick of breathing!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
DC
Favorite Mane: Timid Ferovore Hoers
Favorite background pony: Octavia (Tavi!)
Season 6: All aboard the Hype Train!

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
AJ is my Fav Pony. Derpy's my favorite background pony.
The HYPE is real for season 6. Smile Smile Smile is still the song I like most.
What about the Lawyer Friendly Equines movie? Speculations? Thoughts?

StopShot

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
An Alternate Timeline
AJ is my Fav Pony. Derpy's my favorite background pony.
The HYPE is real for season 6. Smile Smile Smile is still the song I like most.
What about the Lawyer Friendly Equines movie? Speculations? Thoughts?
The movie needs to come sooner. I can't believe we're going to have another LAUREN SMASH!!! movie. The actual movie better be able to blow my socks off, because the wait isn't going to be worth it if it only feels like an extended episode. :/

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
The movie needs to come sooner. I can't believe we're going to have another LAUREN SMASH!!! movie. The actual movie better be able to blow my socks off, because the wait isn't going to be worth it if it only feels like an extended episode. :/
The Lawyer Friendly Hominids movies seem to be getting slightly better and better as they make them, but I HOPE the fourth one is at least a dcent movie. For the Lawyer Friendly Equines movie, I want Vinyl to talk and for her to be voiced by Nowacking, that is my only wish.

StopShot

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
An Alternate Timeline
The Lawyer Friendly Hominids movies seem to be getting slightly better and better as they make them, but I HOPE the fourth one is at least a dcent movie. For the Lawyer Friendly Equines movie, I want Vinyl to talk and for her to be voiced by Nowacking, that is my only wish.
I don't think the LAUREN SMASH!!! movies are necessarily bad, but I feel like having 4 spin-off movies and not a real one is kind of sad when you consider that the fanbase would rather have an actual movie. Also I think it might be canon in the show that she's mute. It would be odd trying to explain all the previous times she hasn't talked so far.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
I don't think the LAUREN SMASH!!! movies are necessarily bad, but I feel like having 4 spin-off movies and not a real one is kind of sad when you consider that the fanbase would rather have an actual movie. Also I think it might be canon in the show that she's mute. It would be odd trying to explain all the previous times she hasn't talked so far.
I hear ya on the 4 non-pony movies so far, but then again The Toy Company is a business and a business makes products and decisions based on MONEY. Also, I don't think anything in the show necesarily implies that she's mute, but yeah I don't know how they're going to explain the not talking.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Been a Pony fan since early~ish on in S1 myself. I happened by /b/ (I avoid that place now, haven't been there in years) and kept seeing ponies. Decided to see what the hubub is about and the rest is history.

Favorite Mane: Timid Ferovore Hoers
Favorite Minor: Derpy and Maud
Favorite Background/One-off: Cloudchaser
Favorite Villain: Chrysalis

blue

a pick of the paka pack
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
I haven't watched the show since S1 but Pinky was and always will be best poni!

Lord Gyron

The Lordliest of All Gyrons
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I dropped the show after the season five premier. Is it worth watching still?
If you loved any of the BG ponies, you gotta see at least episode 100. Still my favorite episode~

StopShot

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
An Alternate Timeline
I dropped the show after the season five premier. Is it worth watching still?
Watch it in my opinion. I think its better than season 4 and it has a lot of memorable moments. There are some episodes in the season I wish had aired in season 2 just to see the full fandom's reaction. Also besides episode 100, there's a really good Luna episode somewhere in it too, and they cover Party Hoers's full family which I enjoyed seeing. c:

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
While I do like the show, I haven't really bothered to watch any of the later episodes in season 5. Just a couple of them (episode 100 kinda rubbed me the wrong way though). I will be on the look out for season 6, but I'm not as hyped for it as I was for other seasons.

Timid Ferovore Hoers's my fave by the way :)

Altashi

Never Was a Wiser
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Western Australia
While I do like the show, I haven't really bothered to watch any of the later episodes in season 5. Just a couple of them (episode 100 kinda rubbed me the wrong way though). I will be on the look out for season 6, but I'm not as hyped for it as I was for other seasons.

Timid Ferovore Hoers's my fave by the way :)
I remember being shown a few scenes of episode 100 and I can really get ya' there. I'd skip the episode entirely if I decided to play catch-up. Could never like the "nods to the fandom" bits, and an entire episode of it seems bleh.

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I remember being shown a few scenes of episode 100 and I can really get ya' there. I'd skip the episode entirely if I decided to play catch-up. Could never like the "nods to the fandom" bits, and an entire episode of it seems bleh.
Right? I figured giving the episode a chance would have at least changed my opinion of it in some way, since before hand, I had only seen minor clips and was already judging it. But if anything, watching the episode entirely convinced me that if there were ever gonna be another episode much like 100, I probably wouldn't bother watching it in the end.

Nelson

#DormWifi
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I don't watch the show as much as I used to but my girlfriend keeps bringing me back lol. She likes to watch Lawyer Friendly Hominids though and I'm not a fan. XD

Necroceine

One Fiery Birdie
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Connecticut, USA
It's not my favorite cartoon out there anymore, but I do still plan to continue watching and am fairly involved in the community still.
My favorite pony is Rarara. Used to be Party Hoers until some time during season 3 I believe. And before that it was Timid Ferovore Hoers for like a month before Party of One. I started watching late in season 1 with Over a Barrel the first episode I saw live.
Favorite background pony is Lyra or Mjolna. I'd add Lightning Dust but I don't think she qualifies, never having really been in the background.

drawmesunshine

Knitting fever
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Planet Neighmek
Party Hoers is absoluty best pony.

Vinyl Scratch is my favorite background character.

Spike is best princess.

Just kidding, it's Luna...

The Bat song is one of my very favorites.

I don't think I could pick one favorite episode, but I really love the ones where they go crazy like Bookworm Hoers in Lesson Zero or Party Hoers in the one with Cheese Sandwich.

If I had to pick one, I might say Too Many Pinkies...

Rainbow Rocks is my favorite EG movie by far, but the third one wasn't bad

StopShot

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
An Alternate Timeline
Right? I figured giving the episode a chance would have at least changed my opinion of it in some way, since before hand, I had only seen minor clips and was already judging it. But if anything, watching the episode entirely convinced me that if there were ever gonna be another episode much like 100, I probably wouldn't bother watching it in the end.
Hey, I know you wouldn't like what may be considered as pandering, but first off some background. People such as Larson and others actually didn't want to make the episode in the first place. The Toy Company, the same The Toy Company who wanted LAUREN SMASH!!! told them they wanted the staff to make a huge push on episode 100 to feature the alternate six and they had to comply, so it was never intended to be some whimsical grab at fans, because the producers know how previous distaste has amounted previously before over it.

But let's just say what matters most is content. If nodding to fans was an excuse to sacrifice quality and make up with fan references I would say this is not. What I thought was nice about this episode was it created six different characters, had to give them all character growth in a full 22 minute segment and do so without alienating them or coming off as too unoriginal. My verdict under what was required with time constraints went above my typical expectations.

I'm going to say there was an overload of flashiness in the episode and if you're going to watch it with a sour mind you might as well not bother like those who would approach Lawyer Friendly Equines for the first time with only negative preconceptions. The episode for the most part had a serious conflict with a series of minor problems along the way, an important message to be learned at the end of it that felt was reminiscent to the older episodes, and despite being the pandering of all panderings to have ever pandered was able to make the six ponies flawed, but with redeeming qualities that made them sincerely likeable to any of those who would have never known their fan-established backgrounds in the first place.

That's just what I think. My only complaint was it felt rushed, but more in a way like the season 1 finale. Rushed, but brimmed with creativity to make it feel like it was more than just a single episode to enjoy.

SloppyJoe403

Also known as Soctavia
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Iowa
Favorite M6 has to be a tie between Twi and Rarara.

Favorite BG is a tie between Octavia and Minuette.

I know, I know, "I have to pick one". BUT I JUST CAN'T

And yes I am excited for the new season.

StopShot

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
An Alternate Timeline
It's not my favorite cartoon out there anymore, but I do still plan to continue watching and am fairly involved in the community still.
My favorite pony is Rarara. Used to be Party Hoers until some time during season 3 I believe. And before that it was Timid Ferovore Hoers for like a month before Party of One. I started watching late in season 1 with Over a Barrel the first episode I saw live.
Favorite background pony is Lyra or Mjolna. I'd add Lightning Dust but I don't think she qualifies, never having really been in the background.
I'd say minor characters can usually be included as background characters, since that group would better fit them than the major characters section would.

D96

Michigan Wolverines Fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
My favorite mane pony is Party Hoers; as for background pony...I think I'll go with Octavia! I'm not really involved with the fandom, but the stuff they've done is pretty impressive. I just think that it's one of the best cartoons out there, and being the kid-at-heart that I am, I enjoy it!

But yeah, I've been watching the show since the first season. I saw it all over the Internet and figured I should give it a shot. I ended up loving it, so I'm pretty psyched about the next season!

Solvandus

Chin Piece
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Favorite pony was Twi in the first couple seasons, then Party Hoers really grew on me >u>

I like a lot of background ponies...

Oh, and defs hyped for S6! :0

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Hey, I know you wouldn't like what may be considered as pandering, but first off some background. People such as Larson and others actually didn't want to make the episode in the first place. The Toy Company, the same The Toy Company who wanted LAUREN SMASH!!! told them they wanted the staff to make a huge push on episode 100 to feature the alternate six and they had to comply, so it was never intended to be some whimsical grab at fans, because the producers know how previous distaste has amounted previously before over it.

But let's just say what matters most is content. If nodding to fans was an excuse to sacrifice quality and make up with fan references I would say this is not. What I thought was nice about this episode was it created six different characters, had to give them all character growth in a full 22 minute segment and do so without alienating them or coming off as too unoriginal. My verdict under what was required with time constraints went above my typical expectations.

I'm going to say there was an overload of flashiness in the episode and if you're going to watch it with a sour mind you might as well not bother like those who would approach Lawyer Friendly Equines for the first time with only negative preconceptions. The episode for the most part had a serious conflict with a series of minor problems along the way, an important message to be learned at the end of it that felt was reminiscent to the older episodes, and despite being the pandering of all panderings to have ever pandered was able to make the six ponies flawed, but with redeeming qualities that made them sincerely likeable to any of those who would have never known their fan-established backgrounds in the first place.

That's just what I think. My only complaint was it felt rushed, but more in a way like the season 1 finale. Rushed, but brimmed with creativity to make it feel like it was more than just a single episode to enjoy.
The thing is, I wanted the episode to change my mind. I really did want the episode to prove me wrong, since it's done that countless times before. But it just never happend for me. Maybe it's because pandering in general doesn't sit that well with me, but I have to say that this episode was one of the few times I really left dissapointed. I know it's kind of an unpopular opinion, but that's just what I feel.

Also, Agent Sweetie Drops is pretty lame.

Reactions: Altashi

Altashi

Never Was a Wiser
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Western Australia

To each their own.

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
I'm actually a bit upset that they're making a fourth Lawyer Friendly Hominids movie. Not because I don't like Lawyer Friendly Hominids - I'm sure I'll watch this one dozens of times like I did all the others - but rather because it felt nice as a trilogy, what with things coming full circle at the end of Friendship Games. Now, the 2017 movie with actual ponies, that I'm looking forward to.

As for favorites,
Favorite Mane 6: Timid Ferovore Hoers
Favorite CMC: Sweetie Belle
Favorite BG Pony: Derpy/Muffins
Favorite Episode: Party Hoers Pride or Crusaders of the Lost Mark
Favorite Song: Smile Smile Smile

StopShot

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
An Alternate Timeline
The thing is, I wanted the episode to change my mind. I really did want the episode to prove me wrong, since it's done that countless times before. But it just never happend for me. Maybe it's because pandering in general doesn't sit that well with me, but I have to say that this episode was one of the few times I really left dissapointed. I know it's kind of an unpopular opinion, but that's just what I feel.

Also, Agent Sweetie Drops is pretty lame.
That's fine. If its how you really feel then that's okay. I was pretty into myself, but just because it is for me doesn't exactly mean the same for others. There can be a lot of low points in the show, but for me its best I don't let them deter me from seeing the next episodes to come. They all feel different and unique in their own ways, so there can always be some good in the end.

To each their own.
Sorry if that was a bit of a read. I'm pretty passionate about the episode in particular, but everyone does see things differently so I hope it was no bother. ^^;

TheOneZeelOne

Don't be afraid of the dark
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
Favorite pony has always been Timid Ferovore Hoers.

I'm sure for many this isn't the case at all, but Season 5 was actually my favorite one yet. I loved the premiere, the whole cult vibe to it was very surprising in a good way to me. I also like how the map is working out, the idea seems to be to give the show more of a focus, same with the CMC's new role. And I like that, it makes the otherwise slice-of-life stories feel a bit more important I guess. So yeah I'm quite interested in where things go from here.

StopShot

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
An Alternate Timeline
I think my season ranking would go..... 4 > 5 > 1 >2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3
My sequence would be pretty different too, but I'd agree with three being at the end. That's not to say it had its own fair share of good episodes, but being a half season really was a buzz-kill. :<

Altashi

Never Was a Wiser
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Western Australia
That's fine. If its how you really feel then that's okay. I was pretty into myself, but just because it is for me doesn't exactly mean the same for others. There can be a lot of low points in the show, but for me its best I don't let them deter me from seeing the next episodes to come. They all feel different and unique in their own ways, so there can always be some good in the end.

Sorry if that was a bit of a read. I'm pretty passionate about the episode in particular, but everyone does see things differently so I hope it was no bother. ^^;
That was barely a read at all, breh. But it's cool. I wouldn't expect everyone to think my favourite episode was all that either.
I think my season ranking would go..... 4 > 5 > 1 >2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3
I'd go 2 > 1 > 4 > 3.

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Really this episode didn't do anything to dent my liking for the show. It was just one low point to me. Glad to see you see things pretty much the same way :)

It always seems like too many fans of the show tend to go ape shit when voicing their opinions. I've especially seen it happen plenty of times on Derpibooru.

StopShot

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
An Alternate Timeline
Really this episode didn't do anything to dent my liking for the show. It was just one low point to me. Glad to see you're the same way. It always seems like too many fans of the show tend to go ape shit when voicing their opinions. I've especially seen it happen plenty of times on Derpibooru.
Oh yeah, I remember exactly how you mean. It was definitely like that after the season 3 finale from both sides I think. I like to be super passionate about what I like, because I feel like I can really be easily moved with positives and things I like, but I also want to be respectful too. Everyone ends up happier that way and its the best way to find common ground with others. ^u^

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Oh yeah, I remember exactly how you mean. It was definitely like that after the season 3 finale from both sides I think. I like to be super passionate about what I like, because I feel like I can really be easily moved with positives and things I like, but I also want to be respectful too. Everyone ends up happier that way and its the best way to find common ground with others. ^u^
God, the fandom was horrible during that time. It seemed like every fan website you went to had somebody trying to start shit one way or another. The number of trash images on Derpi trying to white knight both sides was annoying and sad.

Although...it kinda seems like Derpi is going he same phase once again with the new baby this time. I've got my helmet ready just in case now. Kinda sad seeing all the chaos really :(