Knick Knack - My Original Champion - Portrait Added!

Would you play as Knick Knack?

• Total voters

Frost Aura

That guy that answers questions
Sep 20, 2017
Canada
Phew! It's been a while hasn't it? But I've got a big update today, and that's the beginning of Knick Knack's adventure through Foenum! This is something I kind of just wrote on a whim, and hope that it at least entertains you; and maybe gives you a little bit of insight as to how Knick Knack gets involved with the infestation of the predators! Just as a warning, I'm not the best at grammar. So, I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing is riddled with mistakes (I apologize in advance!). Anyway, please enjoy the read!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the sands of the harshest deserts, to the foliage of the lushest forests, the Pack Mules have been through it all; and there’s still so much more to see. They are a travelling society that carries their homes and most precious belongings on their backs. A herd built around the concepts of family, unity, and wanderlust. The elders of the Pack Mules have passed these ideas down for generations, and every member of the herd is dedicated to doing their part to support their way of life. The doctors carry their hospitals, the chefs carry their kitchens and food, so on and so forth. Over the years, the desire to see the rest of the world seems to have diminished amongst the herd. Life appears to have become an endless cycle of work and misery. However, they continue to push on and persevere as per their elders’ wishes. The oldest members of the herd have grown bitter, yet headstrong; and no mule would dare go against them and their duty to press forward just as their parents did all those years ago. Whilst every mule goes through great lengths to stay strong and pull their weight, there is but one member of the herd that has become a growing concern for the rest of the community.

Whilst every member of the herd carries only the most important and meaningful things to carry with them on their lifelong journey, this one is a bit different. One of the youngest members of the herd carries only the most mundane, and useless items with him, much to everyone else’s dismay. He’s always the one that falls the furthest behind, scrounging up everything and anything that may catch his slightest interest. From rusty, old kitchenware to toys of a most childish sort, he will most certainly take it along with him. Due to his love for worthless objects, his peers coined the perfect nickname for him: Knick Knack. Today, on an otherwise perfect summer morning, Knick Knack’s family has finally decided to try and talk some sense into him. Knick Knack’s Mother and Father travel closely with the herd through the thick forest they’ve found themselves in so as not to get separated. However, attempting to break Knick Knack’s collecting habit might prove to be the least of the herd’s worries.

“Are you finally going to have that talk with him?” Knick Knack’s Mother asks her husband.

“I will soon,” he replies.

“And how long is ‘soon’?”

“Well . . . tomorrow.”

“You said that yesterday.”

“I don’t see what the big deal is. Why can’t we just let him do what he wants?”

“Have you not been paying attention to what others have been saying these past couple of days?!” she exasperates.

Her husband groans and rolls his eyes. “You don’t know if that’s true.”

“Well, call me crazy, but I’d rather not take any chances!” Her husband sighs. “If he gets too distracted and strays away from the herd, and one of those . . . ‘things’ is out there; how are we going to protect him?!”

“He’s always with his friends. Besides, I’m sure he’s smart enough to—”

“Do you honestly think he’ll be thinking straight in a dangerous situation like that? Or even his friends?” Her husband pauses, pondering the idea she has thrust into his head. “I don’t know about you, but I’d rather keep our son alive than take a risk like that. I’m positive their parents feel the exact same way.”

“I know; you’re right.” He gives in. “I’ll go talk to him.”

“Thank you, and please, make sure you explain to him how important it is—”

“Hon, trust me. I know what to do.” As Knick Knack’s Father turns and goes against the crowd, Knick Knack is yet again scouring the perimeter of the forest for anything that might tickle his fancy. His two friends, who have also taken a liking to Knick Knack’s habit, join in on the excavation. Knick Knack crawls on his hooves, sniffing the grass like a hound as his friends watch confused, but entertained. They look to each other, hoping maybe one of them understands what he’s doing, but they both end up shrugging. Knick Knack’s eyes widen as he sets his eyes on a brightly colored insect perched on a blade of grass.

“It’s a butterfly, Knick Knack,” one of the friends sarcastically teases. “Ever see one of those before?” In one swift motion, Knick Knack traps the butterfly in a glass jar. Tightening the lid, he observes the beautiful creature in awe. “H-How did. . ?” The friend’s jaw drops.

“You just gotta learn to stop asking questions, Tart. He just . . . ‘does’ things.”

“Oh yeah, Fritz!” Tart reaches into his bag, and pulls out a glass jar of his own. “Well, I’m gonna go out there and catch somethin’ even better!”

“Tart, it’s probably not a good idea to go too far. We’re already behind, and—” Tart, armed with his jar, leaps through the bushes further into the woods. “—don’t listen to a thing I’m saying. Great. . . Knick Knack, we should probably. . .” Fritz turns to Knick Knack to ask for accompaniment, but he appears far too enthralled by the butterfly fluttering inside his jar. “Or just me; I’ll go get Tart. . . Why do I always have to finish my own sentences?” Fritz rolls his eyes as he goes after Tart.

Struggling to forces his way through the thick brush, Fritz calls Tart’s name relentlessly into the wind. After a few moments of searching, Fritz finds Tart sitting on the ground. “There you are,” says Fritz. “What happened? Trip over a branch?” Fritz’s teasing comes to a halt once he notices the fear struck in Tart’s eyes. “What’s the matter with you?” Tart points his hoof, and Fritz is instantly overwhelmed with fear by what he sees.

Tart’s and Fritz’s screams fill the air, snapping Knick Knack out of his trance from taking in the beauty of the butterfly. His ears flare up, and he looks to the brush where his friends had entered. Confused and concerned, he stuffs the jar into his backpack, gets to his hooves and gallops into the brush. Knick Knack’s Father, still trying to force his way through the herd to reach his son, is stopped by a fellow member of the herd. “Woah, where do you think you’re going?” The herd member asks.

“I’m looking for Knick Knack,” says Knick Knack’s Father. “He’s sure to be in the back of the herd with your son.”

“Oh, had me worried there. I wasn’t sure what you were doing going against the flow of things.”

“Why would you be worried?”

“Well, with all this talk that’s been floating around, I’m surprised you’re not worried at all.”

“Look, rumors are rumors. My wife’s scared to death though, but hey, who can blame her? Say, uh, you didn’t tell your son about them, did you?”

“Of course not, I don’t want to scare Tart with stuff like that. He’s a bit sensitive when it comes to that type of stuff.”

“Good. I figured Knick Knack didn’t need to know about them either. We don’t need to scare the kids, but she’s right, it’s better to be safe than sorry.”

“Agreed. I should probably get Tart too, and I’m sure Fritz’s parents are gonna want him back up there too.” Together, the two mules make their way to the back of the herd, and are instantly struck with worry. Their children are nowhere to be found amongst the lush foliage, causing the two Fathers to stammer and sweat.

“W-Where are the kids?”

“I-I don’t know. Th-They couldn’t have lagged too far behind, right?”

“I don’t believe this—Knick Knack! Where are you?!”

“Tart! Where are you, son?!” The both of them gallop down the pathway their herd have trekked through the forest, hearts racing as they desperately search for their sons.

Knick Knack gallops headfirst through the branches that dangle in his way, and skids across the ground until he comes to a complete stop. Both Tart and Fritz are holding each other tightly as they stare into the solid, gleaming eyes of the threat. “Oh! K-Knick Knack!” Fritz calls. “H-Hey buddy! We’ve got a . . . a little bit of a problem here!” Knick Knack looks at the dark, almost shadowy figure creeping up towards his friends. Knick Knack stomps on the ground, and the four-legged figure whips its head around to glare at him. The creature growls, showing off its sharp, jagged teeth. Knick Knack’s eyes widen once the creature’s eyes meet his, and a shiver of fear crawls up his spine; but as he glances to his trembling friends, he stands his ground. The creature paces the ground without breaking eye-contact with him, and a smile emerges on Knick Knack’s face. “Knick Knack, what are you doing?! What’s so funny?!” Without warning, the creature leaps towards Knick Knack with a bark, ready to sink its teeth into him.

Knick Knack turns his body as one of the pockets of his backpack open up. From the inside, a wooden bird with googly eyes attached to a wooden arm pops out and extends towards the creature. The bird’s beak strikes the beast, knocking it out of the air and tumbling onto the ground. The bird retracts back into Knick Knack’s backpack, and the beast scrambles to its paws looking even more furious than before. It races towards him, and with Knick Knack unprepared, it slashes at one of his legs. He falls to his knee, and his friends gasp at the gash. Before the creature can strike once more, Knick Knack reaches into his backpack and pulls out something that grabs the beast’s full attention. Knick Knack holds a rubber, toy ball in his hoof, and the beast’s eyes stay locked onto it. With a nervous smile, Knick Knack teases the beast by moving the ball around in the air, causing it to pant and bark with excitement. The beast watches happily as Knick Knack tosses the ball up into the air, and from the top pocket of his backpack, a wooden paddle flips outward. The paddle smacks the ball, sending it flying between the trees further into the forest. Eagerly, the beast chases after the ball, leaving Knick Knack as he sighs with relief. “H-Hey!” Tart calls. “How did he—?”

“What did we ‘just’ talk about?” Fritz asks. “Don’t ask. Just be glad we’re still alive.”

“What even was that thing?”

“I don’t know, but I don’t care. We need to get back to the herd and let them know!” Just as Fritz and Tart get to their hooves, they stop and freeze as a bone-chilling screech echoes through the trees. They look up to the sky as flocks of disturbed birds fly overhead.

“Oh, come on,” Tart whines. “W-What is it now?” Before they know it, a shadow envelops both Tart and Fritz as an enormous bird swoops down. Its talons scrape and bend the surrounding trees before scooping up the two of them. Ignoring the cut on his leg, Knick Knack helplessly chases after his friends as scream for their lives. He follows the dark, shadowy bird for as long as he can, but the thicket of trees and bushes make it difficult to keep them in sight. Eventually, their screams fade away, but Knick Knack presses on without taking his eyes off the sky. Suddenly, Knick Knack slips and falls face first into a cold pool of water. Lifting his soaking wet head out of the water, he looks up solemnly at the sky in disbelief over how quickly his friends were taken away from him.

“Well, what do we have here?” Knick Knack’s sorrowful eyes look down from the sky to see a tall mare walking toward him. Her coat of fur is pure white, and her long, pinkish mane droops all the way down to her knees. “You must be lost, little one.” The mare’s curved horn glows with a reddish light, and Knick Knack’s body is enveloped by an aura of the same color. He can feel some sort of force lifting him up, but despite his struggling, he is unable to set himself free. “Ah, just a measly Pack Mule.” The mare approaches him, intimidating him with her piercing, feminine gaze and ruby-red eyes. “You must belong to the rest of the ‘filth’ that just passed through our forest. Why would you make the foolish mistake of leaving your herd to contaminate my drinking spot with your flea-infested fur?” Desperately, Knick Knack points his hoof to the sky. “Oh, you’re looking for that bird that flew overhead, are you?” Knick Knack nervously nods. “Yes, I saw it too; and judging by the sounds, it seems it’s taken one or more member of your herd. Is that right?” She smiles, then chuckles at the thought. “Isn’t that just wonderful? The way I see it, the less of you there are, the better.” Furious, Knick Knack flares his legs in a vain attempt to strike the mare. “Look at you, simply pathetic. However, you’re lucky you’re not the one I’m searching for. So, you won’t be harmed, but let this be warning to you.” The mare’s horn erupts with an intense greenish glow as Knick Knack shields his eyes from the blinding light. “If I ever see you again, things won’t end up well for you. I promise you that. Oh, and if by some chance you come across another Unicorn such as I by the name of Oleander; inform her that ‘Alandra’ will be coming for her.” Then in a flash of light, Knick Knack disappears.

--Continued on next post---
My jaw is on the floor. That was great!

ty4brawl

Feed b ack
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
FL
discord.gg
Phew! It's been a while hasn't it? But I've got a big update today, and that's the beginning of Knick Knack's adventure through Foenum! This is something I kind of just wrote on a whim, and hope that it at least entertains you; and maybe gives you a little bit of insight as to how Knick Knack gets involved with the infestation of the predators! Just as a warning, I'm not the best at grammar. So, I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing is riddled with mistakes (I apologize in advance!). Anyway, please enjoy the read!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the sands of the harshest deserts, to the foliage of the lushest forests, the Pack Mules have been through it all; and there’s still so much more to see. They are a travelling society that carries their homes and most precious belongings on their backs. A herd built around the concepts of family, unity, and wanderlust. The elders of the Pack Mules have passed these ideas down for generations, and every member of the herd is dedicated to doing their part to support their way of life. The doctors carry their hospitals, the chefs carry their kitchens and food, so on and so forth. Over the years, the desire to see the rest of the world seems to have diminished amongst the herd. Life appears to have become an endless cycle of work and misery. However, they continue to push on and persevere as per their elders’ wishes. The oldest members of the herd have grown bitter, yet headstrong; and no mule would dare go against them and their duty to press forward just as their parents did all those years ago. Whilst every mule goes through great lengths to stay strong and pull their weight, there is but one member of the herd that has become a growing concern for the rest of the community.

Whilst every member of the herd carries only the most important and meaningful things to carry with them on their lifelong journey, this one is a bit different. One of the youngest members of the herd carries only the most mundane, and useless items with him, much to everyone else’s dismay. He’s always the one that falls the furthest behind, scrounging up everything and anything that may catch his slightest interest. From rusty, old kitchenware to toys of a most childish sort, he will most certainly take it along with him. Due to his love for worthless objects, his peers coined the perfect nickname for him: Knick Knack. Today, on an otherwise perfect summer morning, Knick Knack’s family has finally decided to try and talk some sense into him. Knick Knack’s Mother and Father travel closely with the herd through the thick forest they’ve found themselves in so as not to get separated. However, attempting to break Knick Knack’s collecting habit might prove to be the least of the herd’s worries.

“Are you finally going to have that talk with him?” Knick Knack’s Mother asks her husband.

“I will soon,” he replies.

“And how long is ‘soon’?”

“Well . . . tomorrow.”

“You said that yesterday.”

“I don’t see what the big deal is. Why can’t we just let him do what he wants?”

“Have you not been paying attention to what others have been saying these past couple of days?!” she exasperates.

Her husband groans and rolls his eyes. “You don’t know if that’s true.”

“Well, call me crazy, but I’d rather not take any chances!” Her husband sighs. “If he gets too distracted and strays away from the herd, and one of those . . . ‘things’ is out there; how are we going to protect him?!”

“He’s always with his friends. Besides, I’m sure he’s smart enough to—”

“Do you honestly think he’ll be thinking straight in a dangerous situation like that? Or even his friends?” Her husband pauses, pondering the idea she has thrust into his head. “I don’t know about you, but I’d rather keep our son alive than take a risk like that. I’m positive their parents feel the exact same way.”

“I know; you’re right.” He gives in. “I’ll go talk to him.”

“Thank you, and please, make sure you explain to him how important it is—”

“Hon, trust me. I know what to do.” As Knick Knack’s Father turns and goes against the crowd, Knick Knack is yet again scouring the perimeter of the forest for anything that might tickle his fancy. His two friends, who have also taken a liking to Knick Knack’s habit, join in on the excavation. Knick Knack crawls on his hooves, sniffing the grass like a hound as his friends watch confused, but entertained. They look to each other, hoping maybe one of them understands what he’s doing, but they both end up shrugging. Knick Knack’s eyes widen as he sets his eyes on a brightly colored insect perched on a blade of grass.

“It’s a butterfly, Knick Knack,” one of the friends sarcastically teases. “Ever see one of those before?” In one swift motion, Knick Knack traps the butterfly in a glass jar. Tightening the lid, he observes the beautiful creature in awe. “H-How did. . ?” The friend’s jaw drops.

“You just gotta learn to stop asking questions, Tart. He just . . . ‘does’ things.”

“Oh yeah, Fritz!” Tart reaches into his bag, and pulls out a glass jar of his own. “Well, I’m gonna go out there and catch somethin’ even better!”

“Tart, it’s probably not a good idea to go too far. We’re already behind, and—” Tart, armed with his jar, leaps through the bushes further into the woods. “—don’t listen to a thing I’m saying. Great. . . Knick Knack, we should probably. . .” Fritz turns to Knick Knack to ask for accompaniment, but he appears far too enthralled by the butterfly fluttering inside his jar. “Or just me; I’ll go get Tart. . . Why do I always have to finish my own sentences?” Fritz rolls his eyes as he goes after Tart.

Struggling to forces his way through the thick brush, Fritz calls Tart’s name relentlessly into the wind. After a few moments of searching, Fritz finds Tart sitting on the ground. “There you are,” says Fritz. “What happened? Trip over a branch?” Fritz’s teasing comes to a halt once he notices the fear struck in Tart’s eyes. “What’s the matter with you?” Tart points his hoof, and Fritz is instantly overwhelmed with fear by what he sees.

Tart’s and Fritz’s screams fill the air, snapping Knick Knack out of his trance from taking in the beauty of the butterfly. His ears flare up, and he looks to the brush where his friends had entered. Confused and concerned, he stuffs the jar into his backpack, gets to his hooves and gallops into the brush. Knick Knack’s Father, still trying to force his way through the herd to reach his son, is stopped by a fellow member of the herd. “Woah, where do you think you’re going?” The herd member asks.

“I’m looking for Knick Knack,” says Knick Knack’s Father. “He’s sure to be in the back of the herd with your son.”

“Oh, had me worried there. I wasn’t sure what you were doing going against the flow of things.”

“Why would you be worried?”

“Well, with all this talk that’s been floating around, I’m surprised you’re not worried at all.”

“Look, rumors are rumors. My wife’s scared to death though, but hey, who can blame her? Say, uh, you didn’t tell your son about them, did you?”

“Of course not, I don’t want to scare Tart with stuff like that. He’s a bit sensitive when it comes to that type of stuff.”

“Good. I figured Knick Knack didn’t need to know about them either. We don’t need to scare the kids, but she’s right, it’s better to be safe than sorry.”

“Agreed. I should probably get Tart too, and I’m sure Fritz’s parents are gonna want him back up there too.” Together, the two mules make their way to the back of the herd, and are instantly struck with worry. Their children are nowhere to be found amongst the lush foliage, causing the two Fathers to stammer and sweat.

“W-Where are the kids?”

“I-I don’t know. Th-They couldn’t have lagged too far behind, right?”

“I don’t believe this—Knick Knack! Where are you?!”

“Tart! Where are you, son?!” The both of them gallop down the pathway their herd have trekked through the forest, hearts racing as they desperately search for their sons.

Knick Knack gallops headfirst through the branches that dangle in his way, and skids across the ground until he comes to a complete stop. Both Tart and Fritz are holding each other tightly as they stare into the solid, gleaming eyes of the threat. “Oh! K-Knick Knack!” Fritz calls. “H-Hey buddy! We’ve got a . . . a little bit of a problem here!” Knick Knack looks at the dark, almost shadowy figure creeping up towards his friends. Knick Knack stomps on the ground, and the four-legged figure whips its head around to glare at him. The creature growls, showing off its sharp, jagged teeth. Knick Knack’s eyes widen once the creature’s eyes meet his, and a shiver of fear crawls up his spine; but as he glances to his trembling friends, he stands his ground. The creature paces the ground without breaking eye-contact with him, and a smile emerges on Knick Knack’s face. “Knick Knack, what are you doing?! What’s so funny?!” Without warning, the creature leaps towards Knick Knack with a bark, ready to sink its teeth into him.

Knick Knack turns his body as one of the pockets of his backpack open up. From the inside, a wooden bird with googly eyes attached to a wooden arm pops out and extends towards the creature. The bird’s beak strikes the beast, knocking it out of the air and tumbling onto the ground. The bird retracts back into Knick Knack’s backpack, and the beast scrambles to its paws looking even more furious than before. It races towards him, and with Knick Knack unprepared, it slashes at one of his legs. He falls to his knee, and his friends gasp at the gash. Before the creature can strike once more, Knick Knack reaches into his backpack and pulls out something that grabs the beast’s full attention. Knick Knack holds a rubber, toy ball in his hoof, and the beast’s eyes stay locked onto it. With a nervous smile, Knick Knack teases the beast by moving the ball around in the air, causing it to pant and bark with excitement. The beast watches happily as Knick Knack tosses the ball up into the air, and from the top pocket of his backpack, a wooden paddle flips outward. The paddle smacks the ball, sending it flying between the trees further into the forest. Eagerly, the beast chases after the ball, leaving Knick Knack as he sighs with relief. “H-Hey!” Tart calls. “How did he—?”

“What did we ‘just’ talk about?” Fritz asks. “Don’t ask. Just be glad we’re still alive.”

“What even was that thing?”

“I don’t know, but I don’t care. We need to get back to the herd and let them know!” Just as Fritz and Tart get to their hooves, they stop and freeze as a bone-chilling screech echoes through the trees. They look up to the sky as flocks of disturbed birds fly overhead.

“Oh, come on,” Tart whines. “W-What is it now?” Before they know it, a shadow envelops both Tart and Fritz as an enormous bird swoops down. Its talons scrape and bend the surrounding trees before scooping up the two of them. Ignoring the cut on his leg, Knick Knack helplessly chases after his friends as scream for their lives. He follows the dark, shadowy bird for as long as he can, but the thicket of trees and bushes make it difficult to keep them in sight. Eventually, their screams fade away, but Knick Knack presses on without taking his eyes off the sky. Suddenly, Knick Knack slips and falls face first into a cold pool of water. Lifting his soaking wet head out of the water, he looks up solemnly at the sky in disbelief over how quickly his friends were taken away from him.

“Well, what do we have here?” Knick Knack’s sorrowful eyes look down from the sky to see a tall mare walking toward him. Her coat of fur is pure white, and her long, pinkish mane droops all the way down to her knees. “You must be lost, little one.” The mare’s curved horn glows with a reddish light, and Knick Knack’s body is enveloped by an aura of the same color. He can feel some sort of force lifting him up, but despite his struggling, he is unable to set himself free. “Ah, just a measly Pack Mule.” The mare approaches him, intimidating him with her piercing, feminine gaze and ruby-red eyes. “You must belong to the rest of the ‘filth’ that just passed through our forest. Why would you make the foolish mistake of leaving your herd to contaminate my drinking spot with your flea-infested fur?” Desperately, Knick Knack points his hoof to the sky. “Oh, you’re looking for that bird that flew overhead, are you?” Knick Knack nervously nods. “Yes, I saw it too; and judging by the sounds, it seems it’s taken one or more member of your herd. Is that right?” She smiles, then chuckles at the thought. “Isn’t that just wonderful? The way I see it, the less of you there are, the better.” Furious, Knick Knack flares his legs in a vain attempt to strike the mare. “Look at you, simply pathetic. However, you’re lucky you’re not the one I’m searching for. So, you won’t be harmed, but let this be warning to you.” The mare’s horn erupts with an intense greenish glow as Knick Knack shields his eyes from the blinding light. “If I ever see you again, things won’t end up well for you. I promise you that. Oh, and if by some chance you come across another Unicorn such as I by the name of Oleander; inform her that ‘Alandra’ will be coming for her.” Then in a flash of light, Knick Knack disappears.

Dude this is awesome and also kinda tragic. :/

inform her that ‘Alandra’ will be coming for her.” Then in a flash of light, Knick Knack disappears.
Plot twist: Al this was set up for a unicorn OC.

Side note: didn't switch the title like you usually do.

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Yeah, that was fantastic. I can't wait to see part two.
Thank you! There's a funny story that went on today regarding this update. I pretty much had the whole thing I wanted to upload, but it was too big, so I shortened it to what you see now. The whole thing was originally around 4,000 words. I wasn't able to post the other half because the sit kept giving me an 'error' message. Along with that, I was short on time because I had to leave for work and the error message kept popping up so I said, "Welp, that sucks now don't it?". So, I had no choice but to give up. Hopefully I can get the rest posted soon!

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Dude this is awesome and also kinda tragic. :/

Plot twist: Al this was set up for a unicorn OC.

Side note: didn't switch the title like you usually do.
Thank you for reading! LOL. Was Knick Knack just a ruse to introduce my 'true' OC? The world may never know!

The real tragic thing was the trouble I went through trying to get this posted. Like I said to DelusionalDreamer, I have the whole beginning to Knick Knack's adventure, but the site wouldn't let me upload it in one shot. So, I cut it in half and posted the first part. When I tried to post the second half, it gave me an 'error' message. So, I shortened it even more, and it still wouldn't go through. On my fourth or fifth try, it wouldn't even let me copy and paste into the chat box. Along with these technological issues, I was running short on time since I had to leave for work. Eventually I had to give up, which is why I didn't even have time to change the title of the thread. Sorry about that, but hopefully I can get the rest up soon!

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Part II

Knick Knack’s and Tart’s Fathers gallop back to the herd in a wild frenzy. They desperately cry out for help, and the rest of the herd halts their march to find the distressed mules. Knick Knack’s Mother worms her way through the crowd to stop her husband in his tracks. “Honey, what’s going on?” she asks. “Where are the children?”

“I-I don’t know!” Knick Knack’s Father panics.

“What do you mean you don’t know?!”

“I looked everywhere, but they were nowhere to be seen!”

“I knew it! I knew this would happen! You see? This is what happens when we let them stay too far behind!”

“H-Hon, I know this looks bad; but I’ll find them.”

“What’s the hold-up back here?” An older Pack Mule approaches them. Knick Knack’s parents calm themselves as he approaches. The mule is dressed in a black, pointed hat and garments, the very attire someone of his stature should be wearing. He scratches his chin through his long, white beard as he awaits a response.

“Uh-oh, it’s head honcho,” says Tart’s Father.

“Well? Are one ‘a y’all gonna speak up?”

“We. . .” Knick Knack’s Father pauses from anxiety. “We lost the children.” The rest of the herd gasps, and the mule in black nervously adjusts his glasses. “W-We’d like your permission, sir, if we could disband from the herd for a while to go search for them.”

“I’m afraid I can’t allow it,” says the mule in black. Unsure of what to say next, Knick Knack’s Father and Mother look to each other helplessly. “Not by yourselves,” he continues. “Everyone! The Knick Knack child and his friends are missin’! I want everyone to branch out into search teams to help investigate the grove!”

“Oh, thank you, sir,” Knick Knack’s Father sighs with relief. “I—”

“What’s the meanin’ of this?!” Another mule interrupts who is dressed in similar attire as the other. However, instead of black, he’s dressed in white; and his hat has a flatter design than the other's. “We can’t be halting our travels in such a manner!”

“For yer information,” The Chairmule clears his throat. “A few of the younger members of the herd have gone missin’.”

“Oh, they’ll find their way back. We are on a tight schedule! Surely, as the Chairmule you understand at least that much!”

“Then, as Vice Chairmule, you must understand that my decision outweighs yours.” The Chairmule retorts. “We might have a sacred duty to uphold, but we ‘do not’ leave behind any member of the herd for any reason. Unless the concept of ‘family’ means nothing to you, sir.” The Vice Chairmule fumes as he holds his breath, and the Chairmule turns his attention to his herd. “Remember, we’re looking for Knick Knack, Tart and Fritz! They couldn’t have gone far, so everyone, spread out!”

“But not passed sundown!” The Vice Chairmule interrupts yet again.

“You are truly testing my patience,” he warns.

“In case you’ve forgotten, we’re passing through Unicorn territory! The last thing we want to do is disturb them by trekking through their land any longer than we need to. Unless you’d fair a confrontation similar to the last time?” The Chairmule glares and grumbles as the Vice Chairmule makes his point. “Not only that, but would we really want to risk everyone’s lives when night falls? When the predators are sure to come out to hunt?”

“We don’t know if the predators have indeed returned!”

“Would you be willing to take the chance, sir?” he asks in a mocking tone-of-voice.

The Chairmule sighs as he ponders to himself. “Very well, until sundown we will search. We’ll regroup back here when that time comes.” Everyone instantly disperses into the woods, and the Chairmules give each other one last heated look before separating, the Vice Chairmule leaving with a smug grin on his face. Knick Knack’s Father walks with the Chairmule as he tries to convey his thoughts on the matter.

“Sir,” says Knick Knack’s Father. “I-I’m not sure if I agree with sundown being our limit. That just doesn’t seem like enough time.”

“You have nothing to worry about. If we need to search longer than that, we will. I know what you’re going through, and you’re wrong if you think I’m going to let the likes of him dictate how we run our community. We will search as long as it takes until we find them; and find them we will, I promise you.”

“Thank you, sir.”

Some time passes, and Knick Knack lowers his hooves from his eyes to find the forest has completely vanished. Instead of vibrant grass, he’s surrounded by warm, dry, barren soil. Gone are the lush thickets of trees, replaced by a sparse number of prickly cacti. Unsure of where he is, what to do or where to go, he randomly picks a direction to wander in. Aimlessly, he treks the seemingly lifeless wasteland until day turns to night. The hot, humid air fills Knick Knack with discomfort as his thirst starts to overwhelm him. Then, out of nowhere, he catches sight of a brief blink of light. Within moments, he finds himself surrounded by these mysteries lights. Like a curious child, he chases after one; and upon closer inspection, realizes that the lights are nothing more than fireflies. He gazes at them in wonderment, then remembers the jar he saved in his backpack. He reaches inside the pocket, blindly rummaging for the jar. Realizing he’s finally got his grip on it, he pulls it out for one last look at the butterfly he captured in the forest. Unscrewing the lid, he allows the butterfly to escape the jar. Saddened, but happy, he waves goodbye to the beautiful insect.

Hopping about with his empty jar, Knick Knack tries to capture as many fireflies as possible. With a good number now captured, he tightens the lid and ties a loose string around the brim. He hangs the jar from a loop dangling off his backpack, slightly illuminating the area around him. Pressing onward, Knick Knack finds himself growing even more thirsty and weary by the minute. His hooves are growing sore, and his legs are tiring from the constant walking. However, he stumbles across something a bit peculiar to find in the middle of the desert: wheat, a whole field of it. Realizing this couldn’t have grown naturally here, surely this must mean a town or village is nearby—one that can hopefully offer help. With hope returning to him, he plucks one of the strands of wheat from the field, and bites onto the end of it. Then, out of nowhere, a pleasurable scent overwhelms Knick Knack’s snout. The smell of fresh, home-cooking, and the sounds of fiddles, harmonicas and other such instruments playing far off in the distance. He carefully observes his surroundings, and can see a cluster of what appear to be wagons some ways away.

Brimming with excitement and energy, Knick Knack gallops at full-speed towards them. The music becomes clearer, and even the sounds of cheerful voices can be heard. Within the cluster of wagons, crowds of Cattlekind appear to be in the middle of a big celebration. Cattle young, old and in-between dance around a bonfire whilst a band plays near a set of wooden barrels. Knick Knack stops before the crowd, observing them as they all cheer and dance amongst each other. Knick Knack smiles wide as he can feel himself being overcome by the music. He nods his head to the beat, shuts his eyes and dances his way into the crowd. The cattle switch partners in the middle of their dance, and Knick Knack—still unnoticed—manages to steal a partner of his own. He links his foreleg with the young calf, and the two of them twirl in perfect synchronization. However, within moments, the music crawls to a halt as the band’s eyes glue to the dancing pair. Due to the silence, the other cattle wonder what’s happening. Soon, everyone stops dancing aside from Knick Knack and his partner. “Arizona!” One of the cattle calls out.

“Huh?” The young calf opens her eyes, and finds who she’s been dancing with. “Hey, now!” She jumps backward, giving herself distance between her and Knick Knack. Confused, Knick Knack looks all around at the crowd to find that all eyes are on him. “Who are you? An’ where did ya come from?”

“Just what do ya think yer doin’ here, Pack Mule?” Knick Knack turns, and finds a towering bull glaring down at him. Knick Knack gulps as the bull’s shadow envelops him. Nervously, he smiles and waves to the frightening bull. “I thought I made it clear that we want nothin’ to do with yer herd! An’ yet, here ya are! Dancin’ with mah daughter no less!” Intimidated, Knick Knack takes a few steps backward. “Hey . . . wait jus’ a second. . . There’s no way one ‘a you mules would ever stray away from ya herd, unless . . . yer their champion!” The rest of the cattle whisper and mumble to themselves, and the bull raises an eyebrow as he examines Knick Knack. “Come here fer a challenge, did ya? Well, surely if yer their champion, ya must be able to put a fight! How’s about ya meet our champion?”

Knick Knack raises his hoof and draws a breath, ready to speak; then dashes away to try and make an escape passed the bull. However, he is instantly stopped as the bull holds up one of his legs in Knick Knack’s escape path. Winded, he falls to the ground. The bull bites onto his backpack, lifts him up and glares into his eyes. “Listen here, mule! Ya came here for trouble, now you’ve got trouble! I wanna see what kinda champion you are!” The bull tosses Knick Knack back onto the ground near Arizona as he kicks up clouds of dirt. Knick Knack, laying on his stomach, covers his head with his hooves as he waits for the bull to tear him to pieces. “Now, get up and face my daughter.” Knick Knack’s trembling in fear stops as he confusedly looks up at the bull. By his command, Knick Knack gets to his hooves and looks to Arizona. “She is our champion, my little Arizona.”

“Um . . . howdy,” says Arizona. Knick Knack, suddenly fluttering with joy, reaches into his backpack.

“Careful darlin’, he might be—” The bull stops himself as Knick Knack pulls out a bundle of lively, golden lilies. He holds them out to Arizona with a smile, and the bull smacks himself in the face with his hoof.

“Oh!” Arizona gasps. “That’s mighty kind ‘a you.” She smiles.

“Arizona!”

“Sorry, Pa!” Without warning, Arizona charges headfirst into Knick Knack. He flies backward, landing face-first into the dirt along with his flowers. The cattle moo and cheer as Knick Knack coughs from the pain in his chest.

“That’s mah girl!” The bull cheers. However, the crowd’s cheering and the bull’s smug face vanish as Knick Knack gets back to his hooves. Knick Knack gloomily looks to the ruined, wilted flowers in his hoof, then tosses them down to the ground. He dusts himself off, and somehow keeps a smile on his face as he stares down Arizona. “Ya shoulda stayed down, mule!” The bull warns as he turns to Arizona. “Arizona, remember, there can only be one champion to save our prairie. You stand fer all of us, now show ‘em why ya don’t pick fights with the Cattlekind!”

“Nothin’ to worry ‘bout, Pa. I’ve got this.” Arizona digs at the ground with her hoof, and her eyes permanently locked onto Knick Knack. The members of the band look to each other and shrug as they ready their instruments. With their music stirring up the crowd as they gather around to watch the impending fight, Knick Knack taps his hoof to the tune as he patiently waits for Arizona to make her move. Pointing her horns towards him, she charges toward him at full-speed once again. Knick Knack reaches into one of the pockets of his backpack, eyes locked on Arizona as she approaches.

Up until this point, Knick Knack has been ridiculed for his apparent tomfoolery amongst his herd. However, this might be his chance to show what he’s made of; and that all of his collecting of ‘useless junk’ throughout the years is about to pay off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thus marks the jumping-off point for Knick Knack's adventure through Foenum! Encountering many dangerous and familiar foes on his journey to rescue his friends. I really hope you guys like what I've made, and I'd like to just take a moment to thank each and every one of you for the kinds words you've shared throughout this thread! I hope to speak to you guys again soon!

Last edited:

ty4brawl

Feed b ack
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
FL
discord.gg
Part II

Knick Knack’s and Tart’s Fathers gallop back to the herd in a wild frenzy. They desperately cry out for help, and the rest of the herd halts their march to find the distressed mules. Knick Knack’s Mother worms her way through the crowd to stop her husband in his tracks. “Honey, what’s going on?” she asks. “Where are the children?”

“I knew it! I knew this would happen! You see? This is what happens when we let them stay too far behind!”

“What’s the hold-up back here?” An older Pack Mule approaches them. Knick Knack’s parents calm themselves as he approaches. The mule is dressed in a black, pointed hat and garments, the very attire someone of his stature should be wearing. He scratches his chin through his long, white beard as he awaits a response.

“We. . .” Knick Knack’s Father pauses from anxiety. “We lost the children.” The rest of the herd gasps, and the mule in black nervously adjusts his glasses. “W-We’d like your permission, sir, if we could disband from the herd for a while to go search for them.”

“I’m afraid I can’t allow it,” says the mule in black. Unsure of what to say next, Knick Knack’s Father and Mother look to each other helplessly. “Not by yourselves,” he continues. “Everyone! The Knick Knack child and his friends are missin’! I want everyone to branch out into search teams to help investigate the grove!”

“What’s the meanin’ of this?!” Another mule interrupts who is dressed in similar attire as the other. However, instead of black, he’s dressed in white; and his hat has a flatter design that the other’s. “We can’t be halting our travels in such a manner!”

“For yer information,” The Chairmule clears his throat. “A few of the younger members of the herd have gone missin’.”

“Oh, they’ll find their way back. We are on a tight schedule! Surely, as the Chairmule you understand at least that much!”

“Then, as Vice Chairmule, you must understand that my decision outweighs yours.” The Chairmule retorts. “We might have a sacred duty to uphold, but we ‘do not’ leave behind any member of the herd for any reason. Unless the concept of ‘family’ means nothing to you, sir.” The Vice Chairmule fumes as he holds his breath, and the Chairmule turns his attention to his herd. “Remember, we’re looking for Knick Knack, Tart and Fritz! They couldn’t have gone far, so everyone, spread out!”

“In case you’ve forgotten, we’re passing through Unicorn territory! The last thing we want to do is disturb them by trekking through their land any longer than we need to. Unless you’d fair a confrontation similar to the last time?” The Chairmule glares and grumbles as the Vice Chairmule makes his point. “Not only that, but would we really want to risk everyone’s lives when night falls? When the predators are sure to come out to hunt?”

“Would you be willing to take the chance, sir?” he asks in a mocking tone-of-voice.

The Chairmule sighs as he ponders to himself. “Very well, until sundown we will search. We’ll regroup back here when that time comes.” Everyone instantly disperses into the woods, and the Chairmules give each other one last heated look before separating, the Vice Chairmule leaving with a smug grin on his face. Knick Knack’s Father walks with the Chairmule as he tries to convey his thoughts on the matter.

“Sir,” says Knick Knack’s Father. “I-I’m not sure if I agree with sundown being our limit. That just doesn’t seem like enough time.”

“You have nothing to worry about. If we need to search longer than that, we will. I know what you’re going through, and you’re wrong if you think I’m going to let the likes of him dictate how we run our community. We will search as long as it takes until we find them; and find them we will, I promise you.”

“Thank you, sir.”

Some time passes, and Knick Knack lowers his hooves from his eyes to find the forest has completely vanished. Instead of vibrant grass, he’s surrounded by warm, dry, barren soil. Gone are the lush thickets of trees, replaced by a sparse number of prickly cacti. Unsure of where he is, what to do or where to go, he randomly picks a direction to wander in. Aimlessly, he treks the seemingly lifeless wasteland until day turns to night. The hot, humid air fills Knick Knack with discomfort as his thirst starts to overwhelm him. Then, out of nowhere, he catches sight of a brief blink of light. Within moments, he finds himself surrounded by these mysteries lights. Like a curious child, he chases after one; and upon closer inspection, realizes that the lights are nothing more than fireflies. He gazes at them in wonderment, then remembers the jar he saved in his backpack. He reaches inside the pocket, blindly rummaging for the jar. Realizing he’s finally got his grip on it, he pulls it out for one last look at the butterfly he captured in the forest. Unscrewing the lid, he allows the butterfly to escape the jar. Saddened, but happy, he waves goodbye to the beautiful insect.

Hopping about with his empty jar, Knick Knack tries to capture as many fireflies as possible. With a good number now captured, he tightens the lid and ties a loose string around the brim. He hangs the jar from a loop dangling off his backpack, slightly illuminating the area around him. Pressing onward, Knick Knack finds himself growing even more thirsty and weary by the minute. His hooves are growing sore, and his legs are tiring from the constant walking. However, he stumbles across something a bit peculiar to find in the middle of the desert: wheat, a whole field of it. Realizing this couldn’t have grown naturally here, surely this must mean a town or village is nearby—one that can hopefully offer help. With hope returning to him, he plucks one of the strands of wheat from the field, and bites onto the end of it. Then, out of nowhere, a pleasurable scent overwhelms Knick Knack’s snout. The smell of fresh, home-cooking, and the sounds of fiddles, harmonicas and other such instruments playing far off in the distance. He carefully observes his surroundings, and can see a cluster of what appear to be wagons some ways away.

Brimming with excitement and energy, Knick Knack gallops at full-speed towards them. The music becomes clearer, and even the sounds of cheerful voices can be heard. Within the cluster of wagons, crowds of Cattlekind appear to be in the middle of a big celebration. Cattle young, old and in-between dance around a bonfire whilst a band plays near a set of wooden barrels. Knick Knack stops before the crowd, observing them as they all cheer and dance amongst each other. Knick Knack smiles wide as he can feel himself being overcome by the music. He nods his head to the beat, shuts his eyes and dances his way into the crowd. The cattle switch partners in the middle of their dance, and Knick Knack—still unnoticed—manages to steal a partner of his own. He links his foreleg with the young calf, and the two of them twirl in perfect synchronization. However, within moments, the music crawls to a halt as the band’s eyes glue to the dancing pair. Due to the silence, the other cattle wonder what’s happening. Soon, everyone stops dancing aside from Knick Knack and his partner. “Arizona!” One of the cattle calls out.

“Huh?” The young calf opens her eyes, and finds who she’s been dancing with. “Hey, now!” She jumps backward, giving herself distance between her and Knick Knack. Confused, Knick Knack looks all around at the crowd to find that all eyes are on him. “Who are you? An’ where did ya come from?”

“Just what do ya think yer doin’ here, Pack Mule?” Knick Knack turns, and finds a towering bull glaring down at him. Knick Knack gulps as the bull’s shadow envelops him. Nervously, he smiles and waves to the frightening bull. “I thought I made it clear that we want nothin’ to do with yer herd! An’ yet, here ya are! Dancin’ with mah daughter no less!” Intimidated, Knick Knack takes a few steps backward. “Hey . . . wait jus’ a second. . . There’s no way one ‘a you mules would ever stray away from ya herd, unless . . . yer their champion!” The rest of the cattle whisper and mumble to themselves, and the bull raises an eyebrow as he examines Knick Knack. “Come here fer a challenge, did ya? Well, surely if yer their champion, ya must be able to put a fight! How’s about ya meet our champion?”

Knick Knack raises his hoof and draws a breath, ready to speak; then dashes away to try and make an escape passed the bull. However, he is instantly stopped as the bull holds up one of his legs in Knick Knack’s escape path. Winded, he falls to the ground. The bull bites onto his backpack, lifts him up and glares into his eyes. “Listen here, mule! Ya came here for trouble, now you’ve got trouble! I wanna see what kinda champion you are!” The bull tosses Knick Knack back onto the ground near Arizona as he kicks up clouds of dirt. Knick Knack, laying on his stomach, covers his head with his hooves as he waits for the bull to tear him to pieces. “Now, get up and face my daughter.” Knick Knack’s trembling in fear stops as he confusedly looks up at the bull. By his command, Knick Knack gets to his hooves and looks to Arizona. “She is our champion, my little Arizona.”

“Um . . . howdy,” says Arizona. Knick Knack, suddenly fluttering with joy, reaches into his backpack.

“Careful darlin’, he might be—” The bull stops himself as Knick Knack pulls out a bundle of lively, golden lilies. He holds them out to Arizona with a smile, and the bull smacks himself in the face with his hoof.

“Arizona!”

“Sorry, Pa!” Without warning, Arizona charges headfirst into Knick Knack. He flies backward, landing face-first into the dirt along with his flowers. The cattle moo and cheer as Knick Knack coughs from the pain in his chest.

“That’s mah girl!” The bull cheers. However, the crowd’s cheering and the bull’s smug face vanish as Knick Knack gets back to his hooves. Knick Knack gloomily looks to the ruined, wilted flowers in his hoof, then tosses them down to the ground. He dusts himself off, and somehow keeps a smile on his face as he stares down Arizona. “Ya shoulda stayed down, mule!” The bull warns as he turns to Arizona. “Arizona, remember, there can only be one champion to save our prairie. You stand fer all of us, now show ‘em why ya don’t pick fights with the Cattlekind!”

“Nothin’ to worry ‘bout, Pa. I’ve got this.” Arizona digs at the ground with her hoof, and her eyes permanently locked onto Knick Knack. The members of the band look to each other and shrug as they ready their instruments. With their music stirring up the crowd as they gather around to watch the impending fight, Knick Knack taps his hoof to the tune as he patiently waits for Arizona to make her move. Pointing her horns towards him, she charges toward him at full-speed once again. Knick Knack reaches into one of the pockets of his backpack, eyes locked on Arizona as she approaches.

Up until this point, Knick Knack has been ridiculed for his apparent tomfoolery amongst his herd. However, this might be his chance to show what he’s made of; and that all of his collecting of ‘useless junk’ throughout the years is about to pay off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thus marks the jumping-off point for Knick Knack's adventure through Foenum! Encountering many dangerous and familiar foes on his journey to rescue his friends. I really hope you guys like what I've made, and I'd like to just take a moment to thank each and every one of you for the kinds words you've shared throughout this thread! I hope to speak to you guys again soon!
Interesting. So he doesn't really know about the key to begin with but instead is just out to help save his friends.

Also, charmer Knick-knack strikes again. :arilove:

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Salty Beef

Fau Con, at your service.

Part II

“What’s the meanin’ of this?!” Another mule interrupts who is dressed in similar attire as the other. However, instead of black, he’s dressed in white; and his hat has a flatter design that the other’s. “We can’t be halting our travels in such a manner!”

“Thank you, sir.”

“Arizona!”

Dude! these were such I joy to read! ... I love how you made the jumping off point, because that's where the gameplay would come in I assume. I just loved the whole thing pretty much!

very noice! :aricool:

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Dude! these were such I joy to read! ... I love how you made the jumping off point, because that's where the gameplay would come in I assume. I just loved the whole thing pretty much!

very noice! :aricool:
Thanks, Salty! And yes! That was precisely what I intended. I'm glad you like my little story. I've never really been that good at writing, so I'm glad you and a few others do seem to like it!

ty4brawl

Feed b ack
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
FL
discord.gg
Since I'm in the swing of things, I've made a couple of skins for Knick Knack!

Let me know which color scheme you guys like better! Or, if you like neither, which colors would you like to see on him?

Have a good one, everyone!
I thought he'd be lighter brown than 2. As for alts I'd like to see, just references. Maybe one of the dragon/donkey babies from Shrek? Idk. lol

Delusional Dreamer

Dreamer of Delusional Dreams
Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
Part II

“Thank you, sir.”

“Arizona!”

Yay part two is here!
I have to say, I really like how you've made Knick Knack the sort that is silent but not really. He doesn't speak, but you describe him and his action in this way that easily gets across what he's trying to say.
Also his design is also super adorable, but that's been said.

Salty Beef

Since I'm in the swing of things, I've made a couple of skins for Knick Knack!

Let me know which color scheme you guys like better! Or, if you like neither, which colors would you like to see on him?

Have a good one, everyone!

hmm out of the two choice's I kinda like..... the Brown one.

although in terms of a color I've thought about...
I alway's thought the main color would be a light grey, Secondary body color would be.. something.. The sack would be tan (like some Cargo pants I have).

the more I think about it I never thought about his color too much. just the the sack mostly..

either way it's noice to see some color on him!

EDIT: Btw Vidz. did you make a walk/run cycle pic?

Last edited:

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I've been playing around with Knick Knack's colors, and I've come up with quite some silly combinations! So, I figured why not turn it into a little game? I've got nine Knick Knack's, do you think you can name the characters each one represents?!

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Yay part two is here!
I have to say, I really like how you've made Knick Knack the sort that is silent but not really. He doesn't speak, but you describe him and his action in this way that easily gets across what he's trying to say.
Also his design is also super adorable, but that's been said.
Thank you for reading! I'm glad you like that, I was a bit on the fence on making him a silent protagonist-type character. I was worried people would've really wanted dialogue out of him, and dislike the direction I went. And yeah, his cuteness seems to be quite contagious. :arisilly:

Have a good one!

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
hmm out of the two choice's I kinda like..... the Brown one.

although in terms of a color I've thought about...
I alway's thought the main color would be a light grey, Secondary body color would be.. something.. The sack would be tan (like some Cargo pants I have).

the more I think about it I never thought about his color too much. just the the sack mostly..

either way it's noice to see some color on him!

EDIT: Btw Vidz. did you make a walk/run cycle pic?
You are like, the only one I've ever seen use 'noice' . . . I like it. But yeah, so, were you thinking an even lighter gray than the first image? Also, I never really considered making a walk/run cycle, because I really have no idea how I would tackle it. If I was an animator then I could probably make it happen, but that one just seems a bit difficult. Unless there's an easy way I can do it that I don't know about?

Salty Beef

You are like, the only one I've ever seen use 'noice' . . . I like it. But yeah, so, were you thinking an even lighter gray than the first image? Also, I never really considered making a walk/run cycle, because I really have no idea how I would tackle it. If I was an animator then I could probably make it happen, but that one just seems a bit difficult. Unless there's an easy way I can do it that I don't know about?
yeah, KINDA like number 3 on ur new palette list.

hmmm.. well I don't know any other way OTHER than to animate. unless you just draw like, 3 or 4 pictures side by side. kinda like how you've put older pics together. (like the turn around) but in a motion-y kind of way. (also animating is not as hard as you think, there's and older version of Adobe flash that is legally free to download, so there's that).

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
You better watch out, you better not cry. You better not pout, I'm tellin' you why. Ol Saint Knick is comin' to town!

I had a slightly bigger project in mind for showing off Knick Knack as Santa Claus, but I wouldn't have been able to finish it in time. So, per Frost Aura's comment, I figured why not do this real quick for now. I hope you all have a Merry, Magical Christmas!

Frost Aura

Sep 20, 2017
Canada
You better watch out, you better not cry. You better not pout, I'm tellin' you why. Ol Saint Knick is comin' to town!

I had a slightly bigger project in mind for showing off Knick Knack as Santa Claus, but I wouldn't have been able to finish it in time. So, per Frost Aura's comment, I figured why not do this real quick for now. I hope you all have a Merry, Magical Christmas!
It's a Christmas Miracle!

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Happy New Year, everyone! I've got something new to show! I've made a sketch of a possible stage meant to accompany Knick Knack. I hope you guys like it!

I don't have a name for this land yet, but this is where the journey began for the Pack Mules as the hoof-prints along the path have been left behind from many mules ago, leading to a beckoning mountain-range and glowing sunset. . . At least, it will be when it's colored in, but I want your guys' opinion first! Do you find this place to be fitting?

As always, have a wonderful day!

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hello, everyone! I hope you're all doing well! So, I've colored the stage in.

I wish I could've done a better job, however, MS Paint is the only tool I have to color all this stuff in. So, I apologize for the rather 'amateur' look of it all. Have a good one y'all!

Frost Aura

Sep 20, 2017
Canada

I wish I could've done a better job, however, MS Paint is the only tool I have to color all this stuff in. So, I apologize for the rather 'amateur' look of it all. Have a good one y'all!
I love it!

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Salty Beef

I think I'm really liking this drawing and location. its interesting to me because it's not really anyones home. its like your traveling on this well worn path and you encounter somebody to fight. its really cool.

its also cool to see a location from Knick Knacks story. : )

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I think I'm really liking this drawing and location. its interesting to me because it's not really anyones home. its like your traveling on this well worn path and you encounter somebody to fight. its really cool.

its also cool to see a location from Knick Knacks story. : )
As always, thank you for the kind words, Salty!