Killer instinct

Flutter KI

Killer Instinct fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
This game is slowly teaching me just how spammy this game is.

Every game is always "This move is great, so I'm going to use it every single change I get." or "This combo is hard to react to, so I'm going to use it EVERY CHANCE I GET" or "This character has annoying properties, so I'm going to abuse those EVERY SINGLE :bark::bark::bark::bark:ING CHANCE I GET!"

There's definitely some merit here, but none of the fights feel dynamic anymore. It's all very one note.

The most annoying aspect is that, since there's no air blocking, there's no real way to deal with being knocked down, since once you get back up you HAVE to block and you HAVE to block correctly on the ground, several times in a row. So the entire fight is just Get Knocked Down -> Avoid air attack -> avoid ground attack -> Knock them down -> etc. It's starting to grate on me.

Oh and don't even get me started on Shadow Jago. What bullshit is it that you have a character who is REALLY GOOD, but only SOME people can use him. I didn't grab KI until recently, so now I just can't play as Shadow Jago. AND GUESS JUST HOW OFTEN HE SHOWS UP ON KILLER RANK! JUST GUESS! (it's a lot)

This game needs an overhaul and it needs one quick if it expects me to pay MORE money to catch up on new characters.
that's not Killer Instincts fault, it's yours. You basically described most fighting games on knock down and wakeup. You need not complain about getting blown up and actually combat it. If you stop playing man then that's on you lol don't blame the game. Shago has gone on sale twice. Plenty of chances to grab him even if you didn't have the game.

Barbaloot

Bringer of sorrow and also donuts.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wisconsin
that's not Killer Instincts fault, it's yours. You basically described most fighting games on knock down and wakeup. You need not complain about getting blown up and actually combat it. If you stop playing man then that's on you lol don't blame the game. Shago has gone on sale twice. Plenty of chances to grab him even if you didn't have the game.
It's not that I can't combat it. It's that EVERY SINGLE GAME of KI I play is like that and it's not really all that fun anymore.

Flutter KI

Killer Instinct fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
It's not that I can't combat it. It's that EVERY SINGLE GAME of KI I play is like that and it's not really all that fun anymore.
Well then you aren't really playing KI bro. KI is about the constant 2 way interaction between the players in and out of combos. If you are frustrated by getting knocked down then I really don't know what to tell you. I've been in the KI community a long time now and have never heard a complaint such as this. If you weren't having fun then play something bro.

gatorafan

HOLAS: (tm)
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ship02: Ur
nightarks.enjin.com
Apparently Shoryuken got their hands on some leaks (thanks to no1dead who shared this pics at Neogaf). This particular one reveals 2 of the post launch S3 characters as well as one of the changes in the UI and new modes. So watch them at your own discretion.

Incoming Spoilers!

New Character Select Screen:

Iron Galaxy following ManeSix and joining the glorious Hexagon master race

New Character!
Mira: Maya's Sister (and by the looks, Vampire?)

Second New Character!
Guest Character: General RAAM from Gears of War

There are no in-game graphics for him, but a quick Google search gives us a glance at how the character looks on its original game:

That's one ugly MOFO! And I'm not gonna lie, I'm disappointed at the addition of more guest characters, but you are not gonna hear me bitch about it much.

New Game Mode!

Shadow Lords mode, it seems to incorporate a global war esque scenario, will it be like faction battles in MKX? Or will it be something actually meaningful and worth spending time over? Only time will tell!

Last edited:

Flutter KI

Killer Instinct fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Apparently Shoryuken got their hands on some leaks (thanks to no1dead who shared this pics at Neogaf). This particular one reveals 2 of the post launch S3 characters as well as one of the changes in the UI and new modes. So watch them at your own discretion.

Incoming Spoilers!

New Character Select Screen:

Iron Galaxy following ManeSix and joining the glorious Hexagon master race

New Character!
Mira: Maya's Sister (and by the looks, Vampire?)

Second New Character!

There are no in-game graphics for him, but a quick Google search gives us a glance at how the character looks on its original game:

That's one ugly MOFO! And I'm not gonna lie, I'm disappointed at the addition of more guest characters, but you are not gonna hear me bitch about it much.

New Game Mode!

Shadow Lords mode, it seems to incorporate a global war esque scenario, will it be like faction battles in MKX? Or will it be something actually meaningful and worth spending time over? Only time will tell!
maann this game is becoming something i dreamed about back in 07. I am a little upset over the fact we get one more guest instead of an original character but it's freaking Raam, im huge halo and gears can so having characters from both franchises in my favorite fighting game is really cool.

xCROOKEDx

Strongest Bee in the World!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Second New Character!

Why would they go with him over
Skorge? Skorge is ridiculously cooler, and would fit better in KI than Raam
=C

gatorafan

HOLAS: (tm)
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ship02: Ur
nightarks.enjin.com
Might want to spoiler that. (not like there are many KI players here tho)

Why would they go with him over
Skorge? Skorge is ridiculously cooler, and would fit better in KI than Raam
=C
As someone who never touched the Gears games I heard it's because.

People say Skorge looks like Arbiter with dreads.

I did the search myself and other than the legs they don't seem that similar. I'd argue that "predator esque alien dude" is a niche both fall into but unless I'm missing something Raam falls in there was well.

I'm really not hype for any of those guys tbh . _. they don't stand out to me when grouped together.

Neither does the possible vampire, I expected a guy who looked like a Bloodborne character lol.

xCROOKEDx

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Keits is doing a stream showing off Season 3 stuff here.

Flutter KI

Killer Instinct fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
So season 3 is freakin insane and well worth the money. PC port works great and tons of new folks are playing. Jump in guys.

xCROOKEDx

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
So season 3 is freakin insane and well worth the money. PC port works great and tons of new folks are playing. Jump in guys.
Undoubtedly, it's pretty good, though the PC version isn't without it's faults. Mostly, it's a pretty good port though.

In another facet, it's soooo freaking weird coming to it from games like Street Fighter. Entirely different combo structure than anything I've ever played before.

Flutter KI

Killer Instinct fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Gonna resurrect the thread cause I can. What's up folks? Mira, Gargos and Raam have been released since the last post here so..who's everybody playing now? Been messing around with Raam since he came out a few days ago and he's pretty sick. A true grappler. Let me know if you want games today or over the weekend, I plan on playing a lot these next few days, trying to get my Raam tourney level for the upcoming online tournaments.