Just read The Book of Lore!

indie_animator

Mar 10, 2018
Bay Area, CA
tangerinepop.com
First created topic, and I've got to say- bravo to the writer and artist.

Really enjoyed that backstory, character development, etc. One story was even first-person; clever.

Wanted to give a heads up on some typos you might want to fix (I've done a lot of proofing over the years):

Ch1

sunsets just (as) Mother

herd sleeps(,) as

Ch5

will never eat (clover)

completely (terrifying) world.

Pom, that was dumb! (no 'as' or word after)

Ch6

has (a) short snout

and we (must) choose which

Hope that helps. Glad to help support Mane6 & the game community a bit. Let me know if you ever need more proofing or even art help. :)

Reactions: djazz

Pom d'or

Gave himself a fake award
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
Pom, that was dumb! (no 'as' or word after)
That one is likely intentional. Saying something "is [adjective] as" with no word after the as, especially "is dumb as", is a turn of phrase used in New Zealand. Pom was originally suggested to talk like a Kiwi (NZ is famous for having more sheep than people) but during the workstreams they mentioned they had doubts they'd be able to get a voice actress to do it convincingly... and while there was no final word about the casting, that's apparently what happened since she ended up sounding Scottish.

EDIT: oops, yeah, what Stunhead said. Pomd'or, you're slow as.

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
That one is likely intentional. Saying something "is [adjective] as" with no word after the as, especially "is dumb as", is a turn of phrase used in New Zealand. Pom was originally suggested to talk like a Kiwi (NZ is famous for having more sheep than people) but during the workstreams they mentioned they had doubts they'd be able to get a voice actress to do it convincingly... and while there was no final word about the casting, that's apparently what happened since she ended up sounding Scottish.

Sweet as, bro.

indie_animator

Mar 10, 2018
Bay Area, CA
tangerinepop.com

Ok, good to know.
So the other typos- hopefully someone from Mane6 can find out and fix them, just so they're all set for business-related stuuf.
Or maybe someone here passes them on the info.

But yeah, a great read; glad I took the time to do that.