Just another Oleander. Hopefully this is less creepy.

FlameRat

A strange alicorn
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
blog.flamerat.org
So... I've posted an Oleander here. But that one is done very casual, making it super creepy.

This time, well, it's still a coincident (I mean the reason why I drew this pic), but it should be a little better? My drawing skill has been improved for a little bit, so maybe this is less creepy.

Also, I now love colored outline a lot. It's so soft and so solid in the same time...

By the way, the pic is transparent, but personally, I consider it not look as good as on a bright background here...

(not so creepy) oleander.png

(DA page of this pic) <- Check this for a little more behind the scene story about this pic XD

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
I don't know about your last Oleander pic, but going by THIS pic, I can tell that you've got some serious talent. At least, in a vast majority of people who can only draw stick figures, this is outstanding! I don't have any other reference for your art style, but if this is what most of your art looks like, then I like it, Ollie looks really cute drawn this way.

Reactions: Gamerdude854

FlameRat

A strange alicorn
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
blog.flamerat.org
I don't know about your last Oleander pic, but going by THIS pic, I can tell that you've got some serious talent. At least, in a vast majority of people who can only draw stick figures, this is outstanding! I don't have any other reference for your art style, but if this is what most of your art looks like, then I like it, Ollie looks really cute drawn this way.
I only used this style for a short time. If you check my DA page, you can see there's only a few pics with this style. And, for reference, TFH itself is already a great reference.

And, my drawing skill is just barely better than people that don't draw at all. My skill is worse than every professional artist I guess. (Better than nothing, but still not good enough.)

Reactions: Gamerdude854

FlameRat

A strange alicorn
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
blog.flamerat.org
btw here's my last Oleander pic : Just post a random Oleander here because I can XD

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
I only used this style for a short time. If you check my DA page, you can see there's only a few pics with this style. And, for reference, TFH itself is already a great reference.

And, my drawing skill is just barely better than people that don't draw at all. My skill is worse than every professional artist I guess. (Better than nothing, but still not good enough.)
No, your skill is a LOT better than what you give yourself credit for.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
I just looked at your page and I've gotta say that I really like how you drew Sealed Grain. And is that the chemical formula for alcohol?
Edit- Nevermind, I just hit "Read more", and now I know. Btw, I think YOUR art style, whatever you choose to base it off of, suits you really well. I think you should continue experimenting with it.

Last edited:

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
So... I've posted an Oleander here. But that one is done very casual, making it super creepy.

This time, well, it's still a coincident (I mean the reason why I drew this pic), but it should be a little better? My drawing skill has been improved for a little bit, so maybe this is less creepy.

Also, I now love colored outline a lot. It's so soft and so solid in the same time...

By the way, the pic is transparent, but personally, I consider it not look as good as on a bright background here...

View attachment 315
(DA page of this pic) <- Check this for a little more behind the scene story about this pic XD
That's a horn I wouldn't buck around with! She looks mean.

FlameRat

A strange alicorn
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
blog.flamerat.org
I just looked at your page and I've gotta say that I really like how you drew Sealed Grain. And is that the chemical formula for alcohol?
Edit- Nevermind, I just hit "Read more", and now I know. Btw, I think YOUR art style, whatever you choose to base it off of, suits you really well. I think you should continue experimenting with it.
There's some description in Seal Grain's page. What I put is one of the process of generating alcohol. I didn't put the formula for alcohol on because the molecule of alcohol is too simple, and doesn't look good visually.

Well, it's just that I don't follow what's popular, so my pic is bad to most people, but might be better to those who love such style. Therefore, I also do appreciate every like I receive, since I know there won't be too many people out there that like what I've done.