Is there a list of all the current lobby sprite accessories?

BackwardCap

Internet Celebrity Extrordinaire
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I don't want to accidentally request something that has already been made.

BackwardCap

Internet Celebrity Extrordinaire
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Yeah, I can catalog that here if everyone wants to post what they're requesting.

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
We've not compiled the list on our end yet, as surveys are still coming in.

Any similar designs for lobby accessories can easily be made distinctive between themselves, and in those rare cases in which they can't (say, two people asked for a purple hat with green feather and a zebra-pattern band), we'll just contact the backers and ask for a replacement design.

Herathrig

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jul 22, 2016
Hi, as a backer I have something ready and its Chinese inspired. it would fit well with tianhua then the rest of the cast.

Jay

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
NZ
can we also have list of back pallets?
Haven't gotten around to the backer palette stuff yet! A list of them would be pretty hard as every single one of the answers is in a different format (some people just link images, some people just say words, some people link to photos, some people describe it in detail etc). We probably could have worked out a better way to capture the ideas actually haha!

As for lobby items, I'll be posting updates in the backer forum, and as mentioned it's pretty rare to have a double up and we'll contact everyone that has an idea that conflicts with another idea or is not able to be implemented in our sprite structure.

It's been awesome reading everyone's ideas by the way. Some really cool ideas that have inspired us to make some of our own items (if we ever get time to work on our own ones!).

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Herathrig

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jul 22, 2016
I can imagine jay, that sounds pretty hard. So did people submit Mostly OC's or there favorite cartoon/ video game character as pallets?

I'm pretty much like OP here, I dont know if i should submit an oc pallet or my favorite character pallet? man tough choices...

Jay

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
NZ
I can imagine jay, that sounds pretty hard. So did people submit Mostly OC's or there favorite cartoon/ video game character as pallets?

I'm pretty much like OP here, I dont know if i should submit an oc pallet or my favorite character pallet? man tough choices...
Mainly OC. We're not gonna do TOO much quality control on the palettes because the sun will eventually burn out (aside from obvious stuff like all black or all white or all transparent) so honestly anything you want!

Most people choose Oleander/Velvet (and Tianhuo) for palettes because they are the easiest to translate to OC I think (they have hair).

Here are the numbers for who people have designed for:
  • Arizona (7)
  • Oleander (23)
  • Paprika (7)
  • Pom (4)
  • Tianhuo (12)
  • Velvet (15)
So go for Pom AND HER PUPPIES! YOU GET TO PALETTE THE PUPPIES!!

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
You really are a predator.
Technically, I serve them.

But, since we're here, and to get back on topic, are there any predator-related accessories? You know, for those of us who are a bit on the *ahem* crazy side?

Granted, I know this thread is more about asking if there is an existing list to avoid any repeats, but one cannot help but be a little curious if something related to the bad guys would be on there.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Technically, I serve them.

But, since we're here, and to get back on topic, are there any predator-related accessories? You know, for those of us who are a bit on the *ahem* crazy side?

Granted, I know this thread is more about asking if there is an existing list to avoid any repeats, but one cannot help but be a little curious if something related to the bad guys would be on there.
There is a tiny sheep. You can eat tiny sheep.

Herathrig

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jul 22, 2016
Those numbers are very helpful. I was going to go for oleander but the stats the say there's too much oleander. I'll pick someone else then probably Velvet or pom.

Jay maybe you should release some black and white templates then us backers can color them like an adult coloring book? It might help.

Jay

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
NZ
Those numbers are very helpful. I was going to go for oleander but the stats the say there's too much oleander. I'll pick someone else then probably Velvet or pom.

Jay maybe you should release some black and white templates then us backers can color them like an adult coloring book? It might help.
The problem is WE are still working out exact palette areas. I think putting up some images so at least people know what the areas are would help. Also submissions for custom content close this Saturday I think, so just put in a general idea and before then and if it makes no sense we'll be contacting you anyway when we get to that stage.

Herathrig

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jul 22, 2016
Yeah, I think that would be really helpful even if its going to change later. Bring the templates out now before its too late.

Just an update, you don't need to do that anymore, I found a screenshot of velvet from mane 6 blog and I am using it now as a paper doll like template. So I'm almost done.

Moderator Note: Please don't multi-post, use the edit button.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
NZ
I dunno where to ask this but I'll just put this here.

Can you wear multiple accessories together or only one at a time?
Like can you wear one head, one face, and one neck accessory at the same time? Or can you only ever have like one head and not have any other accessory at the same time?
Original idea was a hat, a face thing (glasses etc), and a neck thing.
But the custom items from backers include some generic floaty back things (nothing specifically ON the back), things like full face masks (are they glasses or hats?) and other random things that don't quite fit in those 'slots'. So we'll have to work something out. The tricky part is figuring out which ones preclude others even if they are in different slots, or don't preclude others even if they are in the same slot.

It'll probably be something like three wearable items max per character but we'll have more categories behind the scenes. So I reckon you should be able to have a glasses and a moustache, even though those are the same wearable slot (face stuff), but you would then only be allowed one more item. Basically we dunno for sure yet, but we've thought about it, and it's probably around three items max.

We want people to be able to look kinda ridiculous, but not missingno ridiculous.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
So something like having some kind of value assigned to the item (like head, face, back, whatever) and just making sure you cannot have more than one instance of one of those values? I guess we can just pester Beta to talk about it in the stream.

Delusional Dreamer

Dreamer of Delusional Dreams
Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
But the custom items from backers include some generic floaty back things (nothing specifically ON the back), things like full face masks (are they glasses or hats?) and other random things that don't quite fit in those 'slots'. So we'll have to work something out. The tricky part is figuring out which ones preclude others even if they are in different slots, or don't preclude others even if they are in the same slot.

It'll probably be something like three wearable items max per character but we'll have more categories behind the scenes. So I reckon you should be able to have a glasses and a moustache, even though those are the same wearable slot (face stuff), but you would then only be allowed one more item. Basically we dunno for sure yet, but we've thought about it, and it's probably around three items max.

We want people to be able to look kinda ridiculous, but not missingno ridiculous.
That's great! I wonder if I'll be able to recreate any specific looks or my TeamFortress loadout.

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester

YES!
Headband, pirate eye patch, and scarf here I come!