Is Lauren going to continue writing backstories?

Pompadour

Casual
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Was it just a one time thing or is Lauren Faust going to write stories for more characters in the future?
I would not mind to see her write more, I like the cartoony theme

But if she is not going to write, then who will? Are they going to be as good or maybe even better than her?
Will more backstories be written at all?

Mirage Seraph

Goat On A Thread
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
As I understand it, Lauren is part of Mane6, as long as they continue making characters for the game and they can work around Lauren's schedule then I see no reason for her to stop with just the first seven.

Reactions: Quartz Aegis

TheOneZeelOne

Don't be afraid of the dark
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
Should be noted that these wouldn't necessarily have to be based around just one character, I think it'd be nice to see the first meeting or two of some of the characters, as we haven't actually seen them interact with each other outside of the fights. This'd depend of course on whether or not they want the story mode to have all their initial meetings. The story, as I understand it, is still quite in the developmental stage itself, so I imagine as more details get fleshed out there, there may be more lore posts to help set things up.

18/NINE-TEEN

♫ ♪ Just Get On With It & Kill Me ♩ ♬
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I think Lauren will be coming up with a story in the future for a playable preditor(s) to add to The Book Of Lore Vol:2. + There a chance for some future playable characters will be mentioned in vol 2, as well as some characters mentioned in vol 1 getting more development in vol 2. There also a small chance some of those characters mentioned in The Book Of Lore Vol:1 (Texas, Blitz, High Priestess of the Order of the Horn, Adobo, The Longma getting bullied by the mean trio & Tianhuo for example) could become playable characters in the future.

It would be cool if Mane6 & Lauren Faust signed some of the Them's Fightin' Herd physical rewards for us backers.

Dave White

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
I hope Ms. Faust can find some time to write more lore, but character designs and especially animation are going to eat lots of time.

I'd love more details about things like the geographical wonders of Foenum (natural and ungulate-made) or the personalities of the predators.

Reactions: Colynato and Feanor

hawthornbunny

Fights like a cow
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
At the end of Tianhuo's lore chapter there's a picture saying Here ends the Book of Lore volume I. That does imply a volume II+, where it would be disproportionally small if it contained only the goat character's chapter.
Alternatively, volume II is like the New Testament, and it's just all about the goat.

And the last chapter is about the final battle against The Devourer where all the horrors of The Hold are unleashed.

Lukey

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
England
At the end of Tianhuo's lore chapter there's a picture saying Here ends the Book of Lore volume I. That does imply a volume II+, where it would be disproportionally small if it contained only the goat character's chapter.
Volume 1 may just be about playable characters and their back stories. Since Lore will undoubtedly revolve around more than the heroes of Fœnum, Volume II+ could move onto the Predators and their ancestors that fought in battles previous to their imprisonment and the concoction of their plan to escape, maybe there'll be a Volume III to talk about general Fœnum life and its citizens?