"Is Florida East Coast or South US?" - Florida Thread!

Dougboard

dang kids get off my lawn
Backers' Beta Tester
Aug 21, 2016
SW FL
This is now the official Florida Thread until someone else says otherwise.

I'm in South-West Florida, Sarasota County area (South of Tampa Bay)

Any other players in Florida? As far as I've been able to find, there's not much of an actual local FGC around here outside of Orlando and Tampa.

NekoCrispy

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Just a heads up that Gamers on The Edge will be hosting casuals at their venue in Largo this coming Tuesday. We already have some people, including myself, that'll be there to play.

Event page:
If we get enough interests they'll start hosting tournaments for TFH, so please come out and show support if you're able to!

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
Brevard County here.
Yeah the FGC here is pretty small compared to places like Orlando.

Our FGC just relocated to a new area so a lot more people came out. Decided to bring TFH there since today it released and everyone there pretty much slept on the game (besides one other person who also followd d the game) and surprisingly I received more positive response and curious onlookers than expected. I will certainly bring the game next Thursday.

NekoCrispy

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Well I hope to see you there, if you're unable to though than don't sweat it.

Our FGC just relocated to a new area so a lot more people came out. Decided to bring TFH there since today it released and everyone there pretty much slept on the game (besides one other person who also followd d the game) and surprisingly I received more positive response and curious onlookers than expected. I will certainly bring the game next Thursday.
That's cool that people are giving a positive response to the game, hopefully more try it out. Let me know if you guys ever get tournaments going, I'd be willing to carpool to it.

Reactions: Dougboard

NekoCrispy

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Hey again guys, just want to give a report of how the GoTE local went last night.

We actually ended up having a 11 player single elimination bracket which was recorded on stream here. A decent amount of people seem to be really liking the game which is great. We almost had SunsetBolt from Orlando but stuff came up at the last minute for him so he couldn't make it, he's gonna try and show at the next local though!

I also talked with Angel who runs GoTE about having more tournaments for TFH during their weeklies, monthlies and the possibility of it being at their big regional event in May. He's totally down for having it at both their weeklies and monthlies, but for the regional he ask if we can get at least 10 people saying that they're interested and want to register for it, he'd add it to the main lineup.

Here's a link to the regional event page:
So if you guys want TFH at a fairly big tournament please speak up!

Dougboard

Backers' Beta Tester
Aug 21, 2016
SW FL
This looks cool, how do we go about expressing interest in a TFH tournament? Just comment on the Facebook?

Based on the dates, going out for a monthly or the regional event seems a lot more doable than the weeklies.

Dougboard

Backers' Beta Tester
Aug 21, 2016
SW FL
The weeklies are a bit difficult to make it out to, but are the monthlies usually on weekends? That might be a bit more realistic for me. The regional event also seems like a possibility.

NekoCrispy

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
GoTE's monthlies are on the third Saturday of every month. I'd need to talk with them again though on if they're actually having TFH at the next coming monthly. If not they should have at least setups open for casuals.

Also about the regional event, so far we have six people saying they'd be interested. We need four more for them to add it.

NekoCrispy

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Hey again guys, I can confirm now that TFH will be at the GoTE monthly and it'll be a double elimination bracket with a payout. (Should be top 3 payout unless barely anyone enters lol).

I honestly might make a separate thread for the GoTE tournaments, I feel more people on here would see them better if I did that.

Reactions: Lanxide

NekoCrispy

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Hope mods don't mind me resurrecting dead threads, but I thought I'd give a heads up that the Gamers on The Edge weekly is today and we have Sunset Bolt and MeowMix from Orlando coming over, so be sure to show up if possible!

Also the next GoTE monthly should be April 21st if they still schedule them every third Saturday.