Introducing the Cast of Them's Fightin' Herds

ph00tbag

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 19, 2016
There definitely is a setting for that. Voice Cooldown. The number is the number of frames before a character is allowed another voice line since their last one.
I know what's getting cranked down to zero next time I fire up the game, then.

Reactions: PinkieFTW

PixelGrip94

Games, Movies, Music, & Ponies!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
A beta player just recently (as in maybe 30 minutes ago, lucky me for doing a timely search) uploaded a YouTube video where they check out all the current character palettes and then mess around in training mode, so you can hear all the current wonderful new voice clips of our little fuzzies. Check it out if you've got time to spare:

Finally got around to listening to all the voices in the video and I like them overall. The ones I'm most iffy about honestly are Oleander, Fred, and Velvet, but I think I can get used to them over time. Otherwise, I think the casting is great. I'm curious if the voice-overs will be used in the story mode in some way. I assume they will be, but we won't know until next week (and later) I guess.

arkiandruski

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Paprika: I don't think anyone was prepared for her to be a wordless character, but it's somehow so right. Huge props to the devs for making this call, and her actress for pulling it off. It can't be easy to give a character life with only trilling, grunts, and kissing noises.

Again, props to everyone involved.
Might be a bit late to say this, but actually

Character Voice Actress/Actors Speculation

I called it, and I'm so glad they went this route.

EDIT: Realized that link was from the backer's forum, it's basically a post saying that I though Paprika would work best as a mute character.

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Anyone found Pom's accent the best thing ever?
We know the protagonists, I can't wait to see the bad guys or better say, the carnivores. (also, aren't Pom's dogs carnivores too?)
Dang yes her Scottish-Lite accent is the cutest thing I've ever heard.

Also: Yes, indeed they are carnivores, and she's having quite a time trying to explain that to the rest of the hilarious sheepkin. You should read the Book of Lore entries on the main website sometime, if you're curious about how the sheep got a hold of those doggos.

Dec 21, 2017
Lala Land
Been meaning to give my feebdack on the voices for quite a while. It sucks that I only remember what I want to type while I'm working:

Paprika only making noises comes as a surprise, but at the same time........not. Her Book of Lore made it clear that something was up with her, as she had to have some way to communicate basic things to her tribemates, even if she was just trying to m̶u̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ love them. I'd been fairly convinced otherwise though, by, and don't ask how I remember this far back, her Indiegogo profile which states that "her declarations of adoration will burst your eardrums". "Declarations of adoration" certainly implies spoken language, but in the magical world of Foenum you can never really be sure. Either way, I'm glad they went in this direction as it only adds fuel to my theory that she used to be a "normal" Alpake, but she was driven insane by the conditions of the Alpake Highlands or possibly some other event. She makes trilling and smooching noises and we see her tongue in one of her normal animations, so we can take refuge in the fact that at least she wasn't...."silenced"....by her disgruntled tribemates at some point in the past. I'll speak (haha) for the other characters in another post.