1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Them's Fightin' Herds is now out on Early Access!
    You can buy it from these links.
    Humble Bundle // Steam

3. Current Early Access Patch: 2-6-2019

Introducing the Cast of Them's Fightin' Herds

Discussion in 'News' started by ManeSix, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Rick Sanchez

Rick Sanchez Well-Known Member

Question: do we have a voice clip of Paprika?

I didn't recognize her anywhere in the Vocaroo clip, unless that giggling and trilling was supposed to be her.

PinkieFTW and Delusional Dreamer like this.
  2. Tribble

Tribble Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

Yes, that's her. From what I've seen so far when I played against her in arcade, she seems to be more the weird noises type, not the talking type. ;)

3. SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz Where there is smoke, there is fire!
    Backers' Beta Tester

Yep, those two clips were her, right after Arizona. She's nothing but trilling and giggles in-game. She hasn't said a word.

4. Rick Sanchez

I did some research. Apparently Jessica Gee is the niece of Hal Smith (the original Owl from Winnie the Pooh).

That alone is pretty cool.

5. FlutterTal

FlutterTal Give a llama, get a Paprika

Oh god, Tara Strong as Arizona!

Can I have the game just to listen to the voices? :arisilly:

6. GoodVibesGorgeous1999

I absolutely love the characters' voice! Can't wait to find a way to play this game. Not having a computer or a video game console really sucks!

7. Cera Cyannis

Cera Cyannis Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

:arizona: Tara Strong is a great choice for Arizona!

8. Rodya

Rodya Perpetually tired

But, will there be a mode where they sound like animals tho? I'd pay extra money for this.

inknail, Mu Nova, PinkieFTW and 7 others like this.
  9. Stars

Stars Just a Guy
    Backers' Beta Tester

I expect Paprika's story mode to include philosophical internal monologues of baby alligator-sized proportions.

10. Mage

Mage A Normal Person

After hearing the voices, I have nothing but positive things to say. The voices do a great job of differentiating the characters from you-know-what. They don't sound like what I'd expected, but they're perfect for the characters. The lines are great and the actors do an excellent job.

Arizona: Come on, it's Tara Strong. Unless this is a parallel universe, she's going to do a great job. It was hard for me to imagine her doing a country accent, but she pulls it off excellently.

Velvet: Instead of sounding just prissy, her voice/lines also have a vicious bite to them (pun intended). Great way to add dimension to the character. I imagine her book of lore chapter in a different way after this lol.

Pom: I have to admit, she sounds nothing like what I expected. I had imagined her sounding like... well, a wimp, but instead she sounds kind, yet ready to fight. Her voice actress struck a good balance, and the Scottish accent is great.

Tianhuo: She sounds much more mature than I was imagining, which is very appropriate since she is eldest and most mentally matured of the cast. Her respectful demeanor is also very fitting with the real-life culture that inspired the Longma's.

Oleander: I didn't know what to expect for Oleander, but the accent fits perfectly. As for Fred, he has the great blend of troll-y evil that I was hoping for.

Paprika: I don't think anyone was prepared for her to be a wordless character, but it's somehow so right. Huge props to the devs for making this call, and her actress for pulling it off. It can't be easy to give a character life with only trilling, grunts, and kissing noises.

Again, props to everyone involved.

#50 Mage, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  11. Rodya

Rodya Perpetually tired

Guys guys, I was thinking that Oleander's voice was too cheery for her animations (I expected it to be way deeper, for some reason), then it struck me as another layer of character depth, because she didn't do a pact with a demon for the power or anything like that, she did it because she trusted Fred and because she wanted to prove something. She's angry when she fights you not because she's corrupted/angsty/evil (as all dark magic users are portrayed) but because she genuinely believes on her cause and everyone shuns her for it, deep inside she's a good person. Seeing how she has been an outcast for 13 (or so I'd imagine, I'd have to play the story mode to see if it's true) years and yet she still chooses to fight for what she believes in speaks volumes about her.
    I know that this is already written on the Book of Lore, not that everyone will read it ofc, but it's super cool because you can realize this without reading it first.
    I just got a little more excited.

12. VendiMANS

VendiMANS the city of Buenos Aires has burned to the ground!

when you put it that way it makes sense, but I still find her voice a bit too cheery, its good but different from what I was expecting so I can easily get used to it
    Glad to see I wasn't the only one thinking that

13. SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester

You nailed it right on the head, really. Her voice may be unexpected when you look at her general concept, but it's far from unexpected if you just think about the actual character herself. She's not the typical dark magic user, so they lampshaded perhaps a few tropes you thought she was going to fall under. :olliegrin:

14. Rick Sanchez

Question: is Tara some sort of good luck charm for Craig and Lauren? She's been in practically everything they've worked on.

Same with Keith Ferguson, to a lesser extent. (He was in Foster's, SBFF, and WOY.)

15. BackwardCap

BackwardCap Internet Celebrity Extrordinaire
    Backers' Beta Tester

Loving what I'm hearing so far, can't wait for the rest of it.

16. Talen-Jei

Talen-Jei Gureato Daze
    Backers' Beta Tester

I gotta say, my personal favorite voice is Pom's. I wasn't expecting the accent, but it fits so well and it's so adorable. Fred comes at a close second though.

17. PixelGrip94

PixelGrip94 Games, Movies, Music, & Ponies!
    Backers' Beta Tester

I was honestly not expecting Mane6 to get talent like Tara Strong or Keith Ferguson. Those two voices alone have me hyped somethin' fierce! I'm curious to hear what everyone's voices sound like (even if I don't recognize the majority of them), but I'm most anticipating Arizona, Oleander, and Fred. Ari and Fred for obvious reasons, and Oleander because she is best ungulate.

18. Mage

Mage A Normal Person

I definitely agree that her voice isn't as deep as I expected, but I don't think that's a bad thing. I kind of always viewed her as a self-righteous character in that way, though. I'm not sure why.

19. Invader TAK

Invader TAK Master of Random
    Backers' Beta Tester

>Tara Strong

HOLY S***! Though it's funny she's voicing Arizona instead of Oleander (which might have cut it a little TOO close).

PinkieFTW and Salty Beef like this.
  20. Rick Sanchez

BTW, anyone want to animate those voice clips from Vocaroo?

21. SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester

A beta player just recently (as in maybe 30 minutes ago, lucky me for doing a timely search) uploaded a YouTube video where they check out all the current character palettes and then mess around in training mode, so you can hear all the current wonderful new voice clips of our little fuzzies. Check it out if you've got time to spare:

22. Rodya

Rodya Perpetually tired

Damn son, the music shift is so good that I didn't even notice it changed at first.

23. Tribble

Backers' Beta Tester

Like this? :D

#63 Tribble, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  24. ty4brawl

ty4brawl Feed b ack
    Backers' Beta Tester

I recently did a stream of it as well. Did they cover eating in this one? I like Pom's the most, even though I thought Ari's was gonna be my fav cause of the animation. lol

25. Herathrig

Herathrig Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

Bravo! I really appreciate how much effort mane6 is doing to the game. you guys are amazing for getting all these top voice actors to work on your game. amazing.

26. Herathrig

Herathrig Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

This adds a whole new dimension to the game, hearing the voices of the characters makes the charactes come to life, I'm in pure awe! WOW! WOOOOW!

27. Rodya

Rodya Perpetually tired

I was thinking of a hidden option that said something like "Turn off real time translation" that would replace the voices with very loud and out of place animal stock sounds. But this works just as well.

#67 Rodya, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  28. BackwardCap

Backers' Beta Tester

Nah, I didn't want to go through that much trouble. I also forgot to show Pom's bark charge move, but I'll be doing another one when the game is released to show off everything.

29. ty4brawl

ty4brawl Feed b ack
    Backers' Beta Tester

I didn't go through all the blocks and tech. Also, I apparently missed some taunts.

If you want to hear the eating, 26:02 of my vid for pap and the others start at 40:12

30. super hurricane

super hurricane Well-Known Member

What voice actor do you have for the predators and the goat though? I'm kinda curious about that....as well as who you picked for the Devourer. The voices all sound pretty awesome all the way, though I notice in the beta video posted that the character model of Tianhuo seems to be reverting back to Arizona for some reason.

31. BackwardCap

Backers' Beta Tester

All the animations aren't finished yet so Arizona is just used as a placeholder for those functions.

32. Tribble

Backers' Beta Tester

Arizona is the fall-back for everything that doesn't have an animation or cardboard placeholder. We've had a lot more random Arizonas in the past. ;)

33. Nadia

Nadia Well-Known Member

Ok that was realy a suprise for me, I did not expected such well known voice actors. ö.ö

34. Stunthead

Stunthead Springbok when
    Backers' Beta Tester

Nice to see VAs like Allie Moreno in here with the heavy hitters like Tara. Was Allie a non-union actor? It was mentioned in a stream that non-union actors can use this game to become part of the SAG-AFTRA.

Shame that Pom's not Kiwi. Is her accent supposed to be Welsh? Because that's supposedly the other place that likes sheep.

35. A Tree

A Tree The One You'd Like to Be
    Backers' Beta Tester

Scottish, I believe. A Gormotti accent is probably too obscure/difficult.

36. Feanor

Feanor Proud Velveeta
    Backers' Beta Tester

Welp, clearly late to this party but.. I'm lovin em! Velvet's good but Gotta say Olly and Fred are my fave voices from this

37. ph00tbag

ph00tbag Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

So I wasn't actually expecting this when I booted up TFH yesterday, and the voices just bowled me over. They're pretty incredible, overall. Each of them has their own flavor that's so much fun to hear coming out. I just wish they triggered a little bit more frequently. I'm a fan of busier voices during play. I blame Guilty Gear and BlazBlue.

38. SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester

I think there -might- be a setting for that? But I didn't actually dig around. It's also possible they'll trigger more in the final game, and there could be more clips we haven't heard. The Announcer isn't patched into the beta yet, for example.

39. Oreo

Oreo Keepin' It Stylish
    Staff Member Mane6 QA

There definitely is a setting for that. Voice Cooldown. The number is the number of frames before a character is allowed another voice line since their last one.

40. edzepp

edzepp Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

I wondered why Arizona sounded so familiar. Now I know. The cast sounds great.